2. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGIN. ST...

By FeniceAlbatros32

SEQUEL TO "THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING. STORY OF AN ENDING NEVER TOLD' Present, past and future mingle in this... More

BEFORE STARTING THIS STORY...
DEDICATED TO YOU...
1. Memories of an unforgettable summer
2. Boarding!
3. With Yildiz under the stars
4. First day of school
5. Storm of emotions
6. So equal and so different
7. Agency or nursery?
8. Deren Keskin
9.Husband's club... or almost
10. The fateful dress rehearsal
11. Fate upsets the balance
12. Truth or Lie?
13. Magical Nights
14. Officially Mrs Cehver
15. Writing is what saves us
16. Muzo's decision
18. Hidden truths
19. A past that still hurts
20. Scent of trouble
21. Open eyes
22. If there was no Mihriban
23. Muzo B-Day, no bad day!
24. An upside-down day
25. In the right place, at the right time
26. The grandmother
27. Weekend with friends
28. Suspects
29. Thoughts, clarifications and twists
30. Timing game
31. Stubborn
32. Let destiny take its course
34. The birthday curse
35. Celebrations
36. The calm before the storm
37. Time bomb
38. Valley of Tears
39. Sisters
40. The Cehver Plan
41. Disturbing discoveries
42.Love has no criteria
43. Stories of a not too distant future (FINAL CHAPTER)

17. Chaos in the family

491 32 4
By FeniceAlbatros32

 The day Deren and Bulut returned to the office hand in hand was a joy for everyone. They were greeted with great applause while Cey Cey and Muzo blew up confetti and streamers. They wasted no opportunity to celebrate.

"Deren? Welcome." said Sanem hugging her. Deren's porcelain skin was slightly tanned.

Bulut, on the other hand, was much more tanned, but that was also by nature.

He was used to working in the fields under the blazing sun.

"You look great!" Sanem told her as she saw that growing tummy.

"Ah, thanks, I'm swelling up like an inflatable." she said massaging her belly.

"It's starting to show." said Leyla hugging her.

"Welcome." She then added.

"Thank you." she replied.

"Bulut? How are you?" hugged Can. "You look good." he added.

"Good, good." he replied.

At that moment, at a distance behind them, passed Metin who was talking on the phone. Out of the corner of his eye he saw the two newlyweds, and quickly slipped into his office, the one that had once been Aylin's.

The position of the furniture inside was such that from his desk he could easily enjoy an excellent view of the entire agency in front of him.

Ready to send a message, he did not expect to witness what was about to happen.

A young man came running into the agency. On his face he bore the marks of a fistfight.

Instinctively Metin hurried out of his office and approached the others.

"Brother! Brother!" this boy called, running towards the assembled crowd.

Everyone turned towards the boy's desperate voice.

Can snapped first.

Deren immediately recognised Burak. She immediately drew her husband's attention.

"Burak!" she exclaimed in amazement as soon as she saw him. "My God Burak what happened to you?" said Deren walking towards him.

When Bulut recognised his brother in that scarred face, he blinked.

"Burak! Burak!?" his brother joined him.

"Burak what happened, huh?" he said, looking in amazement at his face.

Burak leaned forward, resting his hands on his knees to catch his breath. He was exhausted. He was breathing hard.

Can approached Bulut.

Everyone else behind, they were shocked.

"It's Bulut's brother... I can't believe it." replied Cey cey bringing a hand to his mouth.

"My God what happened to him?!" exclaimed Deniz.

"Who did this to him?!" exclaimed Emre.

"Come, let's take him to the meeting room, Bulut." said Can approaching Burak. They both took him under their arms to support him.

Bulut kept asking. "What happened? Huh?"

Deren's legs were shaking.

Sanem quickly approached her as the others carried him away.

"Deren? Deren, come." said Sanem supporting her.

Deren brought a hand to her belly.

"What's wrong with you?" asked Sanem immediately.

"Nothing. Bulut! Burak!" she called to them. "I have to go to them." she said.

"Alright, come on, let's go." she then said accompanying her.

"Cey Cey!!!" exclaimed Can in his powerful voice. "Bring everything needed for medication. Now!" she shouted.

"Um... yes, yes, Mr Can, I'll go." replied Cey Cey immediately for a moment hesitant, flustered by the situation.

"Cey Cey run!!!" cried Deren desperately.

"Come, come, Cey Cey, I will help you. Let's go." said Deniz running away with him.

Leyla led the rest of the team to order.

"Come on, guys, everyone get to work. There's nothing to watch!" she said.

"Come on, come on. Come on!" Emre added, flapping his hands.

Burak was seated on one of the chairs in the meeting room with Deren next to him.

"What happened?" asked Bulut from across the table in front of him.

"I'll get some water. Stop." said Sanem.

"Stop, stop." stopped her Muzo. "I'll get it."

"Ah, thank you." replied Sanem.

"Get some cologne too." she shouted at him, holding Deren's hand.

"It's OK. I was going to take it anyway." replied Muzo who had stopped. Out of the hall. He ran off.

"Thank you." she replied.

"Are you OK?" asked Deren, laying her hand on Burak's arm.

He nodded his head yes.

Muzo returned with two small bottles of water and the cologne.

"Here you go." he said placing everything on the table.

"Thank you, Muzo." said Can.

Cey Cey and Deniz also arrived with the first aid case.

Sanem took the water bottle. "Come on Deren, take a sip."

Deren drank. So did Burak.

"May I?" asked Deren, moistening some cotton with disinfectant.

Burak nodded.

"So what happened brother?" asked Bulut seriously as he was being medicated.

"Brother..." he said.

"I never want to see that man again." replied Burak through tears.

"Did he do it?!" exclaimed Bulut black with rage.

Burak nodded.

"What! What did he do?" asked Deren.

"He drank again, didn't he?" asked Bulut.

Burak nodded.

Bulut slammed his hands on the table violently in anger.

"He said he had stopped... that it wouldn't happen again, but..." explained Burak.

"How is she?" asked Bulut with closed eyes turning them towards his brother.

"Shaken, silent, scared, shaking like a leaf." Burak replied.

"She said he was fine before I came out." said Burak.

"But don't worry, he's no better off than I am. You can be sure of that." replied Burak seriously.

"I'll truncate that maniacal bastard!" exclaimed Bulut bringing his hands to his mouth.

Can beside him with his arms crossed, gritted his teeth. "Easy, Bulut. Easy." he said, resting a hand on his shoulder in support.

"Sorry if i ask, but... did your father beat you and your mother? Did I get that right?" asked Sanem stunned.

Burak nodded shyly.

"And it's not the first time..." replied Bulut.

"Where is he now?" asked then furiously.

"When I escaped, he was in the house. I managed to distract him by giving him a good punch on the nose. I had forcibly dragged mum to the door, but she wouldn't and shouted at me to leave. She didn't want to leave." Burak said in shock.

Bulut was shaking, his hands clenched into fists. He hit the rubbish bin next door, shouting in anger.

"I'll kill him! I'LL KILL THAT BASTARD!" he shouted, pacing back and forth across the room, then headed for the door, placed his hand on the handle ready to storm out.

"Bulut! Bulut! Calm down!" said Deren getting up from her chair to join him.

"How can I calm down, eh? How?!" exclaimed Bulut with flames in his eyes.

Can was barely holding him back as he recoiled.

He managed to get away from him, walking out the door.

The screams were distinctly heard by everyone in the company. And when they saw Bulut coming out of the hall they had confirmation.

Bulut at a brisk pace was walking towards the exit.

"I WILL KILL HIM! I SWEAR, I'LL KILL HIM! BASTARD!" Bulut made himself heard.

Can tried to stop him.

"Bulut! BULUT!!!" he tried to hold him back.

"What? Bulut what, Can? What?!" he said, shaking his hand.

Meanwhile, everyone was stunned.

Emre catapulted out of the office upon seeing his brother.

"Emre!" worried Leyla called him.

Metin in the creative headquarters witnessed it all. With phone in hand, he had secretly recorded the audio.

Emre ran to his brother's aid.

"What's going on, huh? Bulut?" he asked looking at him.

"Help me stop him." said Can.

Bulut had managed to escape Can's grasp and was running towards the exit.

Can ran after him.

"Emre!" he called again.

Emre shouted to the guard: "Don't let him out!"

Can shouted to the secretary. "Close all the exits, now!"

The secretary trudged for a moment, but succeeded.

Emre at that point cut Bulut off, while Can grabbed him from behind, pinning with his arm around his neck, forcing him to calm down against a wall.

"Let me go, Can! Let me go!" He repeated, wriggling like an eel.

"I'm not letting you go! You have to calm down, understand?!" replied Can in a tone.

"Come to your senses!" he added.

"What's going on? Who do you want to kill, Bulut?" asked Emre in amazement.

"THAT WORM... THAT BASTARD... WILL PAY ME..." said Bulut.

"Brother, forget about it now." said Can trying to make Bulut calm down.

"Let go of me, Can!!!" he repeated.

"Will you calm down? I will leave you alone after you calm down." said Can.

"Bulut, you can't act like this." said Emre. "Whatever happened."

"Emre is right. What are you going to do, huh? Go there and kill him? Is that what you really want?" said Can in his ear as he tightened his grip on him even more.

"I kill him!" he continued.

"Ah, you kill him, eh? Bravo! And what about Deren, if you kill him? Have you thought of that? And of your incoming son? Huh?! And of your brother and mother?" tried to reason with Can.

"Deren will have a husband in prison, a murderer's child to raise, and she will also have to take care of your brother and mother, all by herself." Bulut remained silent, breathing heavily in anger.

"Think about them! Don't let anger take over. Decisions made in anger are the ones you will most regret in life, I know something about that." replied Can.

"Alright, he's a bastard, and you have my full support and backing on that, but be smarter than him." he said.

"Yeah, beating him with force is useless, you have to beat him with your brain." said Emre.

Can slowly let go as he felt Bulut's breathing had calmed down.

"Listen, he's a bastard, a creep and I'm behind every word you said, but... that's not how you're going to solve it, Bulut." Can said.

"Do you really want to go to jail? You? A lawyer?" asked Emre.

"Emre is right. You are a man of law, aren't you? Then prove that you are that one. Prove that you believe in justice!" exclaimed Can.

Bulut's mind, clouded with anger, began to work lucidly.

"You are right..." replied Bulut after a long silence.

"There, I don't know exactly what happened, but... I hope I was helpful." said Emre.

"Bulut's stepfather, Burak's father, beat him and his mother." Can explained briefly.

"What do you mean? Why?!" exclaimed Emre in shock.

"He's sick! He's a chronic drunk, that's why!" Bulut replied.

"But I'll show him!" he replied.

"If I can do anything... "Emre offered.

"Yeah, Bulut, we're here for anything." Can said.

"Thanks, but let's go back to the meeting room for now." he said.

They went back inside. Deren was finishing dressing Burak's wounds.

"Does it hurt?" she asked her worriedly.

"No." replied Burak thoughtfully.

"Everything will be fine. I promise you." Deren said, stroking the only spot on his face that was still healthy.

Bulut who was returning saw them, noticed the affectionate embrace with which his wife held his brother. And there it was.

Can was right. He had to do it for them. He had to remain calm.

"Bulut?" asked Sanem. "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine, thank you Sanem." he replied seriously.

Deren got up from his chair as soon as he heard his voice. He walked towards him.

"Bulut? Bulut, how are you?" asked Deren worriedly.

"What have you done?" she asked him.

Bulut hinted a smile.

"Don't worry I didn't do anything. The guards here, they wouldn't let me. They barricaded me inside the agency." he said, looking at Can and Emre behind them.

"Ah, thank goodness. Thank you." she said, turning a glance at them.

"What were you going to do, huh? Kill him?!" ranted Deren then, raising his voice.

"We... better get out. We'll leave you two alone." said Sanem.

"No, there is no need." Bulut stopped her.

"It's true, I wanted to kill him. I admit it. You all felt it, after all, didn't you?" began Bulut.

"But I won't. I will do worse." he said decisively.

"The law will take its course. He will pay for everything he has done to us." said Bulut confidently.

"What do you mean? What are you going to do?" asked Deren.

Bulut walked over to give her a kiss on the forehead.

Then he approached his brother still seated.

"One step at a time." he replied.

"Burak, come. Are you better?" he asked him.

"Yes, thank you brother." he said getting up.

"Well, let's go." he said.

"Brother... I don't want to go back to that house again. Please!" said his brother thinking he wanted to take him home.

"And you won't go back there, you can be sure of that." Bulut replied.

"Come on, come." he repeated.

"Where are we going?" he asked hesitantly.

"To the police." Bulut replied.

"First you will press charges." he said.

"Then we will gather evidence to obtain his removal from you and our mother." he added.

"Let's go." he said.

"Stop, I'm coming too!" Deren replied.

"No, Deren you stay here." Bulut said firmly.

"No, I am coming with you." she replied seriously.

"No, you stay here, Deren. It is better for you and the baby." he said.

"Deren, Bulut is right." said Sanem.

"We will accompany you." said Can looking at his brother.

"There is no need. Thank you." replied Bulut.

"I insist." replied Can. "You are not yourself."

"Take it easy Deren, OK?" said Emre.

"Alright, thank you." she replied, returning to her seat.

"Take care." she said pointing her finger at him.

"Don't worry." replied Bulut. "See you later."

Meanwhile Metin saw Can, Emre and Bulut coming out with their brother.

He reached the deserted archive downstairs and dialled a phone number.

"Hello?" he said.

"You don't know what just happened." he answered.

He recounted what he had seen.

"Yes, he was right. He is not the right person for Deren. I know." he replied.

Metin did not realise he wasn't alone. Behind the most hidden shelf stood Muzo, sent to get some files for Can.

He had listened in silence to Metin's entire conversation.

"All right, all right, sir, I keep my eyes open. I'll keep you updated, don't worry. To you, have a nice day." he then said, hanging up.

Muzo peeped out from the row he was in. He saw Metin move away, and walk back up the stairs.

"I sensed you were hiding something, my dear clean-faced Metin. You are not the right person for Deniz either." he commented to himself.

"What are you up to?" he asked to himself.

He went back upstairs as if nothing had happened, following him with his eyes. He took the files to Can's office, but seeing that no one was there he reached Sanem. Perhaps he was with her.

Entering the meeting room he saw her having coffee with Deren.

"I don't know, Sanem, but Burak was really shaken. I've never seen him like that!" Deren said.

"Deren?" she called after her.

"Tell me." she replied.

"Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I was thinking... Burak is very close to his brother and you, isn't he?" asked Sanem.

Deren smiled.

"Yes, we get along very well. He trusts me, and that's what's important to me." she replied, hinting at a slight smile.

"I saw the way you treated him earlier. The motherly care with which you treated him." Sanem pointed out to her.

"Well, I don't know if it's due to the pregnancy, but for me Burak is like a bit of a brother to me as well as Bulut." Deren admitted.

"I mean, a little brother... although he's actually twice as tall as me, but... there, you get it, right?" she tried to explain.

"I understand." replied Sanem understandingly with a gentle smile.

"Well, on a legal level I don't know how much can be done, though." Deren mused.

"Why do you say that? I'm sure Bulut will do anything for his brother's sake." replied Sanem confidently.

"I say that because of his age. Sanem, Burak has been 18 for just over a month." she reminded her.

"Ah... I understand now. He's of age..." said Sanem apologetically.

"I was going to say something, but in this case it is no longer needed. "she admitted.

"What were you going to say, Sanem? Say it." urged Deren.

"No, forget it." she replied.

"Come on, say it." she insisted.

"Alright, there, I was wondering, if you and Bulut couldn't take Burak into your care." she mused.

"Ah..." replied Deren.

"But being of age I understand..." left Sanem's sentence hanging.

"OK, he is of age but he is studying, right? Is he going to university?" he then asked brightening up.

"That's it, yes, his education is taken care of by Bulut, his mother can't afford it," Deren confided to her.

"Ah... I see." replied Sanem.

"Well, but if he goes to university he might as well move out on his own, right?" asked Sanem.

"One minute, one minute, one minute." he immediately thought again.

"What is he studying?" he then asked.

"Well, he went to art school, and now he wants to continue his studies by specialising in graphic design. He's very good at drawing, you should see him." admitted Deren.

"And will he study abroad?" asked Sanem.

"No, that is... he didn't want to. He had been accepted by a very good university in Milan, but he preferred to stay at home." replied Deren feeling sorry for him.

"Actually, I imagined it from the beginning, it was Bulut who had insisted that he take the admission test, Burak, had not even remotely thought of such a possibility. He only took the test for his brother, but regardless of the result, he was more than convinced that he would not take it. He preferred his first choice here, in Istanbul, to be close to his mother, I suppose, given the situation." explained Deren.

"What a good boy..." commented Sanem.

"Yeah, he's a lot like Bulut in that. He has a very good sense of what is right and what is wrong." replied Mrs Cehver with a smile.

"Bulut is like a father to him." Deren admitted.

"I think that boy gives much more credit to you than to his parents. Am I wrong?" considered Sanem.

"Unfortunately..." replied Deren regretfully.

"But the mother?" asked Sanem. "At the wedding, it seemed to me that everything was fine."

"You said right... it seemed..." replied Deren.

"Bulut gets phone calls from his brother all the time. He beats her, Burak defends her with all his power, he sobers up and in the morning apologises crying that it won't happen again. And then after a while, it all starts again. It's a hellish cycle." said Deren.

"You don't know how many times Burak has called angrily crying in fear." Deren added.

"And the mother remains silent, doesn't react, doesn't press charges, I don't understand." Deren replied whipped.

"What do you mean?" replied Sanem.

"I don't understand if she does it so as not to make the situation even worse, out of fear that the father will take it out on her son even more, if he threatens her, if she fails because she is terrified... I don't know." she admitted.

"If only we could make him more comfortable. If we could just keep an eye on him..." said Deren.

Meanwhile, Muzo had remained behind the open door.

Sanem noticed some papers poking out of the entrance to the meeting room, and leaning out of his chair, he recognised Muzo.

"Come Muzo." said Sanem.

He recomposed himself. He had remained listening to the conversation behind the open door, waiting for the right moment to intervene.

"Um... sorry Sanem, these are the files that wanted Can from the archive, I went to the office but he's not there. What do I do, do I leave them there or hand them over to you?" he asked.

"What are they?" asked Sanem.

"They are the contracts to sign." he said "For the last campaigns. "he pointed out.

"Ah, then leave them with me. Thank you." said Sanem, extending her hand.

Muzo held them out to her.

"Mrs Deren how are you?" he asked gently.

"Fine, Muzo, thank you." she replied automatically.

Sanem looked at him and narrowed her eyes. Something was flashing through her mind.

Muzo hesitated. He would have liked to talk to Sanem, but he turned back towards the hall door to leave.

Sanem stopped him.

"Wait Muzo." she said.

"Deren?" asked Sanem.

"Tell me." she replied.

"What if Burak gets some experience here at Fikri harika?" she asked.

"What?!" exclaimed Deren.

"Well, you said he will major in graphic design. No?" she thought.

"And if he worked here at the agency, as an intern, do you think he would accept? Would he like it?" asked Sanem.

"Um... Ah!" exclaimed Deren realising where she was coming from. She straightened up in her chair.

"Here, he could set something aside for himself, and at the same time he would be close to you and Bulut. What do you say?" explained Sanem to her.

"Well... I say it's not a bad idea at all, actually, but in what role?" asked Deren. "We don't have any vacancies at the moment."

"Actually, we do." Sanem replied, looking at Muzo.

Muzo, behind Deren's chair, widened his eyes towards Sanem, waving him off.

"Here, right now I need Muzo downstairs at the Sanem. You know, the archive is a brothel." she lied.

"He started working on it while you and Bulut were away but, with the growth of the company in recent years, there is a need for some order and organisation and Muzo has offered to give me a hand. Isn't that right?"

Sanem said, casting a glance at Muzo.

"That's true... that's true, that's true. After all, I used to keep more than 10 properties in the neighbourhood in order, didn't I?" replied Muzo a moment hesitantly.

"What do you mean? So Muzo is moving to Sanem?" asked Deren.

"That's it, he's always here, in case of need he only has to climb the stairs." replied Sanem.

"And... Burak could take his place. As an intern he would start from scratch, so he would do a bit of everything." she told her.

"Right... I agree. He needs to gain experience." replied Deren.

"And just think, with Cey Cey and Muzo she will have fun." said Sanem.

"Ah, of course he will have fun. Cengo and I will keep him at bay, rest assured Mrs Deren." said Muzo with his usual laugh.

"Well, now I'm scared." admitted Deren.

"Don't worry, he will be in full view. And she will definitely have some fun with them." said Sanem trying to convince her.

"I mean, that would be fine with me, but Bulut and Burak have to decide." Deren replied.

"You are right. You talk to them." she proposed.

"All right. Thank you Sanem." said Deren getting up.

"I'll get to work now. I need to distract myself. Muzo?" she then asked.

"Yes, Mrs Deren?" he quickly replied.

"A long coffee right away in my office." she replied in a professional tone regaining her role.

"Right away, Mrs Deren!" replied Muzo at attention.

"Ouch!" snapped Deren in fear.

"Muzo!" resumed Sanem.

"Pardon. I forgot." he apologised for his tone.

"Are you all right, Deren?" asked Sanem seeing her touching her belly.

"I'm fine." she said, glaring at Muzo.

"Deren, what coffee, huh?" asked Sanem.

"Ah, right... ouch! My only joy is gone too!" complained Deren as she dejectedly returned to her office.

Muzo was already at the counter.

"Order cancelled Muzo." she said as she walked past him.

"Ah, that's fine, Mrs Deren. No problem. Someone will definitely want a coffee anyway." he said with his cup already prepared.

"WHO WANTS A COFFEEEE???" shouted Muzo to the whole agency.

"Ouch!" jerked Deren again.

"Muzo, row downstairs to the Sanem!" said the owner.

"I'll get the coffee." replied Cey Cey as he approached.

Deren had stopped.

"There, you've upset her." said Cey Cey arriving at the counter with the empty cups.

He hurriedly put down the tray, felt his pockets, pulled out the caps, slipped them on, and also pulled her mason's caps out from under the counter, which he placed on top of the caps, before he heard Deren turn around and shout.

"Muzoooo, stop yelling!" she yelled back in a tone eight times higher.

"Ouch..." said Sanem touching her ears.

Muzo picked up the coffee saucers and brought them to his ears, too late.

"Ah, but so you will give birth before your time, Mrs Deren, control yourself!"

"Rude, disrespectful and impudent that you are!! You are the one who makes me shout!" replied Deren as she went back to her office.

Sanem said under her breath: "But you too, Muzo though... she had just calmed down!" she exclaimed.

Meanwhile, Cey Cey hurriedly pulled out a notebook from his trouser pocket and a small pencil and jotted down things, humming happily.

Muzo and Sanem looked at him, blinking their eyes in confusion.

"Cengo what are you doing?" asked his companion.

Cey Cey took off his earphones and caps.

"This is it." replied Cey Cey.

"This combo works." he said kissing the newly removed earphones pretending to be moved.

"I can't believe it... are you really doing acoustic tests for Deren?!" asked Sanem shocked.

"And I'm also taking notes." he said proudly kissing his mini notebook.

"I will create the most powerful cap in the world. Sonar-proof and atomic bomb-proof." he said proudly giving a faux evil laugh.

"The cap of caps..." he added with a dreamy look.

"I'll save a lot of lives." he continued.

"Uhoooo!!" Muzo exclaimed, opening his eyes wide.

"If you want, I can find you a slogan, huh? Partner!" offered Muzo dreamily.

"Muzo walk." said Sanem pushing him along.

"But... Cengo let's talk about it, shall we? I'm in." said Muzo as Sanem dragged him away.

"Alright, I'll see you later..." said Cey Cey blowing his nose from the emotion of having achieved a great result.

"My God... I can't believe it. You guys are really incredible!" exclaimed Sanem up the stairs.

"All we need is for you to involve Can in this nonsense and we're done!" she then exclaimed.

"But... that wouldn't be a bad idea, would it?" he asked.

"And you think about it, Muzo? Concentrate on your work, it's better. You have a lot to do." Sanem reminded him as they reached the entrance of the Sanem.

They arrived at the office. Muzo took his place in front of her, under Sanem's watchful eye. Once they were behind closed doors, Muzo took the opportunity to enter the subject.

"Sanem?" he asked on tiptoe.

"Yes, Muzo?" she replied with her eyes focused on the latest lab tests.

"You... that is... how does Metin seem to you lately?" she asked cautiously weighing the words.

Sanem looked up from the papers in front of her, focusing on him.

"Excuse me? What do you mean?" she asked.

"Yeah, that is, I mean, does he still look the same or have you noticed a change?" he tried to explain.

"Hmm, what are you getting at?" asked Sanem.

"At... for example, with Deniz is everything okay?" he asked getting nervous.

"Ah.... Ha ha. It's all clear now!" replied Sanem looking at him raising and lowering her eyebrows with a sly smirk on her face.

"No... no, Sanem. Don't start. I didn't mean it that way." he hastened to reply.

"No... no, of course not." Sanem replied sarcastically. "Who are you kidding Muzo? Certainly not me." she replied, crossing her arms as she observed him leaning her back against the chair.

"You're jealous." Sanem sentenced.

"And since you entered the topic, I'll ask you now." Sanem took advantage.

"What's up with you and Deniz, huh?" she asked, winking at him.

"I saw that something has changed between you. You tolerate each other very well now, I've noticed." she added.

"We talk like two civilised people, that's all." he replied seriously.

"That's all, you say..." repeated Sanem. 'Hmm...' she thought.

Then she snapped. "Okay, and how did it happen so out of the blue?" she asked curiously.

"Sanem..." resumed Muzo.

"Muzo!" she exclaimed retorting.

"We simply talked, and decided to behave like two civilised people. There is nothing more to what you think. She is with Metin." he said.

"And I'm focused on something else." he added, pointing to the essay draft in front of him.

"Hmm..." commented Sanem suspiciously.

"Anyway, you know? You can't talk about anything at all with you that you immediately think there's something with someone. Can's right!" he reminded her.

"Phew... don't you get involved too, Muzo. I like to see people happy, is that bad?" she asked.

"So are you perhaps saying that Deniz is not happy with Metin?" deduced Muzo seriously straightening up in his chair.

"I didn't say that. You are saying it. And why if you are so focused on your essay do you get lost in such talk?" pointed out Sanem to him.

"What doubts do you have about it? Is something nagging at you?" asked seriously Sanem knowing the difficult time he had been going through.

"Phew... when you get down to it, you are just like President Mevkibe!" huffed Muzo.

Sanem looked him straight in the eye expectantly.

"All right. I'll tell you, but you won't tell anyone. Not Can, not Cey Cey, Ayhan or anyone else, OK?" he told her.

"When did you become so secretive, Muzo? Is this your change?" prodded Sanem in part seriousness.

"Listen... I told you I met Metin before I knew about Deren's marriage, right?" he began.

"Yes, and?" said Sanem.

"I told you I heard him talking on the phone to someone. He said he had to go, it was for work, and he ran away." he recalled.

"OK, so what? I don't find anything wrong with that." Sanem replied.

"Alright, it could be, but today... or rather, more precisely just now, I was in the archive to get the files I brought you, and Metin arrived." he recounted.

Sanem frowned.

"In the archive?" asked Sanem.

"Eh, in the archive, in fact.... What was he doing there?" asked Muzo.

"What was he doing there?" echoed Sanem.

"He was talking on the phone. I saw him looking around, but fortunately he didn't see me." said Muzo.

"I moved further away, hiding in the darkest corner. And... I heard everything." said Muzo.

"It must have been a business call, Muzo. You got fixated on him, huh?" said Sanem, turning back to look at her papers.

"No, Sanem, listen, it has nothing to do with being fixated or not... I'm telling you I heard the conversation." he insisted.

"And what did he say then?" asked Sanem.

"He was telling someone... a man, of that I am sure, because he spoke in the masculine tense. He told what happened in the office just now with Bulut's brother. Doesn't that sound strange?" he said.

"Ah, whatever, he was most likely talking to Akif. His and Can's best friend. Forget about it. Don't fixate on it." she replied.

"No... Sanem, I don't think so. I mean, unless you call your best friend 'sir'." replied Muzo.

"Sir?" repeated Sanem wrinkling her brow in confusion.

"Eh... sir, he said." Muzo replied.

Sanem remained silent.

"And I heard him say at the end: "He is not the right person for Deren." Those were his exact words. Then he said he would keep his eyes open and update him, do you believe me now?" asked Muzo.

"Does that seem normal to you?" he added.

Sanem remained silent, thoughtful.

"Muzo, come on, maybe you heard wrong... he was talking to someone older than him. Come on. That's why he used sir." took it lightly Sanem.

"Sanem, I swear I heard very well. For me Metin is not sincere. He is hiding something." insisted Muzo.

"Muzo, how many times were you and your partner in misfortune Cey Cey, sure you heard things and then they turned out to be false and we made fools of ourselves to bury our heads in the ground, huh? How many?" Sanem reminded him.

"Get to work." she added seriously.

Muzo snorted. "Alright I'll get to work. But I'll prove to you that I was right." he said.

She huffed.

"Sanem?" she called his attention back.

"Hmm..." she replied.

"Deren might have another problem on top of the ones he already has, pay attention." he warned her then got up and left the office.

"Where are you going?" she asked, like a teacher with her pupil.

"I'm going to get the dictionary." he replied.

Sanem left alone sighed. Then she went back to work, she had no time to waste. As he reached Sanem's meeting room passing through the corridors she noticed Metin in Deniz's office. He went on, picked up the dictionary, but as he was walking back to Sanem, in the corridor, saw Cey Cey arriving at the company entrance. He had some files in his hand.

Muzo got an idea. He whistled to get his attention.

"Cenginz?" he called to him.

"Ah, Muzo." he said as he saw him.

"Come here." called Muzo to him.

"What are those?" he asked him upon seeing the files.

"They are for Sanem, Mr Can is back and told me to take these to his wife and collect the others." he said.

"Ah, the ones I had taken earlier." recalled Muzo.

"That's right." replied Cey Cey.

"And what about you? What are you doing with a dictionary in your hand?" he asked.

"Are you by any chance studying to be a writer, Muzo?" he teased him.

Muzo remained hesitant for a moment then burst out laughing, going along with the joke.

"Good one, my friend. Very good!" he said, patting him on the shoulder.

"Rather..." he said to throw him off balance. "I have a serious mission for you. Sanem asked me for it." he began.

"Ah!" Cey Cey exclaimed under his breath in curiosity.

"I am the right person. Tell me." he replied seriously, touching his braces.

"You need to keep an eye on someone in the agency." said Muzo.

"Ah! If there's anything secret, I'm leaving. Enough." he said, turning around.

"Cengo! Come here." he said taking him by one of the braces.

"Listen, there is nothing secret. Sanem asked me to report this to you. You are her best friend, now she is busy up to her neck with work, she can't talk to you. And she asked me to do it since I'm your brother. Please. Do it for her." he said, joining his hands in prayer.

"Please. It's for her sake." he insisted.

"Hmm... and who would be the person to watch out for?" asked Cey Cey.

"Um... there.... Metin." he whispered.

"WHAT?!" he exclaimed loudly.

Muzo clamped his mouth shut.

"Don't say a word." he told him.

"Why him?" he asked shocked.

"Haven't you noticed anything strange about his behaviour in the office lately?" asked Muzo to him.

"Mh... no. And even if I wanted to, I hardly ever run into him. I'm always rushing from one floor to another." replied Cey Cey.

"All the more reason it's strange, Cey Cey. Think about it." said Muzo.

Cey Cey thought about it. "Right, it actually makes sense." he admitted.

"Mind you Cey Cey, you will be the eyes and ears of the agency. She asked me to do the same here at the Sanem, but... shhh! Undercover. No one must suspect anything." he said.

"Ah... more secrets... always secrets... I can't take it! I don't know where to run anymore. At home... at work... just secrets. I will explode, I feel it!" Cey Cey stammered, panting with anxiety.

"Never!!!" exclaimed Muzo loudly taking him back.

"This is a mission of the utmost importance, brother, don't you understand? The welfare of the companies we are partners in, is at stake, understood?" said Muzo.

"And...wait a minute, why did you tell secrets back home too? What are you hiding from Ayhan, Cey Cey?" asked Muzo doing the big voice of a protective brother in the neighbourhood.

"Ah, never mind. Nothing." he replied.

"Look, if you make Ayhan sad, you'll deal with me!" he said.

"Ah, Muzo this talk you already gave me years ago. Didn't you get tired of it? And it's no big deal anyway. I'll tell you about it, OK? So you will understand that it is a white lie for good. Alright?" he said to make him stop.

"Let's get back to us. I have to take these files to Sanem." he said retracing his steps.

Muzo snatched them from his hand.

"I'll take them, I have to take the dictionary to Sanem. I'll take these too." he said.

"You keep an eye upstairs and I'll keep an eye downstairs. If you discover anything sinister let me know. I'll report to Sanem, OK?" said Muzo.

"Why you? Why don't you want me to talk to Sanem?" asked Cey Cey.

"She doesn't want us to talk about this. They can see us confabulating. We will give in the eye, don't you understand that Cengiz?" he ranted.

"And why don't you give in the eye to tell them?" replied Cey Cey in the same tone.

"No, because I'm currently working in the Sanem archive, and I'm in contact with the founder every day, from morning to night, so I can't be conspicuous, don't you get it?" replied Muzo nervously.

"Ah... that's true. That's logical. Good plan." replied Cey Cey simply content with the answer.

"I know. Come on, take care. Don't stand out." said Muzo patting him on the shoulder.

"But...why does Sanem have doubts about him?" asked Cey Cey then.

"Shh.... No questions. We are being watched." he said pointing to the cameras.

"Ah... you're right." replied Cey Cey in a whisper.

At that moment they saw Metin coming out of Deniz's office, with her hand in hand, they were going to lunch.

Cey Cey and Muzo played dumb, clearing their voices.

"Alright, then I'll deliver everything. That's all I have to say to Sanem, right?" said Muzo as the two lovebirds walked past them.

"Ah, Metin, Deniz... enjoy your meal." greeted them Cey Cey cordially.

"Hello Cey Cey." they greeted him.

"Well then have Sanem bring back the files, surely he will want to see Can." replied Cey Cey to Muzo winking at him.

"Alright." he replied, playing along as the pair walked away up the stairs leading upstairs.

At that point, the two companions in misfortune parted ways.

____________________________

Hello reader :)

Thanks for reading the 17th chapter.

As always, if you like, let me know your thoughts with a comment.

See you soon with the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 13.9K 38
"I am pregnant," I blurted. "What???" Harish and Kavya shouted in unison. "Hey kiddo, you gotta lose your virginity to be pregnant," Kavya said. I...
65.5K 4.1K 18
Sanem owns together with her sister Leyla, the Aydin Agency. They hire the handsome photographer Can, who finds out soon enough what a Special Kind...
23.8K 2.4K 36
Sanem Aydin is living her dream life in Paris, as she is about to graduate from college with the intention of starting a company and launching her ow...
27.5K 2.4K 31
Can Yaman is an internationally known actor and model. His shows have had great success but he hasn't been able to find that special woman to share h...