Requital hope

By daddysjewel

Yibo is a boy who loves affection. He's usually quite peppy and excitable, but everything in life has turned... More

One
Two
Three
Four
five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-three
Twenty-four
Twenty-five
Twenty-six
Twenty-seven
Twenty-eight
Twenty-nine: the beginning of love, betrayal, sadness, and happiness.
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-six
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Forty-three
Forty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-nine
Fifty
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-eight
Fifty-nine

Fifty-one

673 57 4
By daddysjewel

Yibo's Pov.

A couple days passed and I decided it was
finally time to return to school. Jia is very passionate that I get my education, so I felt like it was for the best. No one at school knew I tried taking my life, and I prefer it that way, it would keep things simple.

The first day I returned everyone's eyes landed on me, or what seemed like everyone's eyes anyway. They knew they'd done me wrong. They didn't even try to understand where I was coming from when they trampled over me. They got the drama they wanted and now they feel guilty.

I dropped the subject from my head. I didn't want to get caught up on something that could pick at my brain for who knows how long. During the first period, my teachers welcomed me back from my break and hoped I was feeling better, which I was honestly surprised by. They never really seemed to pay attention to their students.

The homework Zhan brought home for me
Every day kept me busy for a while but he and Xichen would always come over and help, despite them being in different grades. When we weren't playing games or watching movies we would be finishing our homework, and all of them were equally fun. I don't know if I'd be as comfortable around Zhan as I would be without Xichen around. I'd feel awkward with it being just the two of us. Despite forgiving him for turning on me I still wasn't fully over it yet.

I want to forget about it but part of me just won't let it go. I'm sure it would be the same for most people in my position, but I did want to move on. I can see that he's doing his best to make up for it. He takes it upon himself to make breakfast for me whenever Jia doesn't get around to it, heck he even offers to make breakfast in her place just so he can cook for me. It makes me very happy.

To my surprise, I decided to go to the cafeteria for lunch. I'd been planning on passing it up for the whole day. Zhan's eyes landed on me as I entered the cafeteria, with "his friends" eyes following soon behind. They sat there silently, their mouth parted as if they wanted to speak but had no words. Zhan patted the seat next to him with a warm smile as he waited patiently for me to come over. I hesitantly trudged over, feeling the weight of a two-ton boulder dragging behind me. I took a seat beside Zhan not uttering a word, and neither did they. While the rest of the room was much abuzz the area around this table was dead silent.

It was a while before anyone spoke, but it was Yubin who finally did break the silence. "Yibo, I'm... We're sorry for not believing you." He tried. I didn't respond.

"I know you must be upset with us but we're truly sorry. Me in particular. The way I threatened you wasn't acceptable. Ji Li apologized.

"Look, I want to forgive you guys... but something like this won't just wash over. I
can't go on pretending like nothing ever happened. This whole situation is far more
complicated than you know." My words came out sounding as cold as ice, but it was all true. I could see Zhan react to my words but couldn't read his expression.

"Yeah... I understand. I don't know if you'll ever forgive us for the way we acted, but we hope you'll eventually give us a chance." Yubin responded quietly.

We continued eating our lunch with small talk being thrown in every once in a while. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, but it was still a challenge placing myself in front of them after everything.

On my way out of the cafeteria, I saw Cindy sitting at a table, alone in the corner. After everything she'd done to me I wanted to go over and call her every name in the book, but that wasn't the kind of person I was, or wanted to be. Instead, I approached her with a question I was hoping she'd have an answer to.

"Why?" I asked. She slowly looked up to me revealing her bruised face. It was desperately covered with eye shadow and foundation. I knew about this all too well, as it was something I had to do every week.

"Why what?" She questioned with her words coming out like fire, almost charring the table she sat on.

"Why? Why did you do it?" I reiterated.

"Oh I don't know. Some unknown loser like you randomly grabbing the attention of the person I'd been desperately trying to win over for years." She explained. I'd already sort of figured that much out but the way she worded it nudged on my insecurities. From what I can tell Zhan only sees me as a friend anyway, so she messed up her chances for nothing.

"He was always so rude and mean to everyone, but deep down I could see that he was glad to have friends. I always hoped he'd see me as something more. With every new girl, he got with I found myself becoming more jealous and protective. He would eventually find someone he was happy with and wouldn't look my way. So until he noticed me I kept everyone else away by any means." She explained.

"He's the man I deserve. My love for him is so strong that I should be the only one for him." She continued, sounding a little crazier with every spoken word.

"You call destroying someone's important
belongings and breaking their heart "loving them"?" I boiled, upset with her logic.

"If it helped me get his attention then yes, its worth the sacrifice." She said, convinced her ways were justified.

"Things have always been difficult for me. The pressure my parents put on me to get high grades, the expectations everyone has for me, I should be able to have what I want, right?" She said, but I wasn't convinced she had it any harder than the average person. Heck, after visiting her house I knew she was quite entitled. Her room looked like that out of a shopping magazine. She didn't have it as bad as she made it out in her head.

"While I have it hard you and every one of these brain-dead monsters get to go on living your normal lives without a care in the world." She sounded emotional.

"I thought maybe I would be willing to forgive you, eventually, but now I know you don't deserve it. You're a blind fool, Cindy." I told her before turning my back to her. I felt the anger seeping from her body clawing at my feet, but I ignored it.

Zhan and Xichen caught up with me after school, getting ready to head home. It still felt surreal that I was living with them. My father hasn't come looking for me which is also a plus. Speaking of him, now that I'm living with the Xioas I'll need to get some of my belongings from home... assuming they're still in one piece. I didn't want to think about that right now. I just wanted to enjoy the evening with Zhan and Xichen.

Just as we were heading for the exit the announcement speakers went off. "Cindy Morris, please report to the principal's office." It was a womanly voice. A look of pure delight crossed both Zhan and Xichen's faces.

"Should we stick around to see what happens?" Xichen asked.

"I'd rather we just go home. I've already had enough of Cindy for today, and forever." I said with a subtle frown on my face. I didn't plan on heading in for work today. I decided that I would head back on Monday. I don't exactly need the money but it'll give me something to do, and it's good experience.

"Yeah, I see, let's go then." Zhan said in
understanding.

"News travels fast so I'm sure we'll be able to find out what went down tomorrow." Xichen groaned, stretching his arms.

"Tomorrow is Saturday you doofus." Zhan
said, playfully punching Xichen's shoulder.

"Oh....... you're right." Xichen came to the
realization after pondering for a few seconds. "Monday I guess." He sighed, disappointed.

I let Xichen take the front seat as I knew he prefers it much more than the back. I don't mind where I sit, to be honest.

During the ride back home I could tell how much closer Zhan and Xichen had become. There would always be an argument between the two of them, but they were much more lighthearted and tame than before. They enjoyed each other's company and would have conversations about various topics. I don't even know if they've realized the progress they've made. We've all been eating dinner and most breakfasts together. It's brought us a lot closer and helped grow that family bond, the one I've been missing all of these years. Xichen and I have also become better friends. Whenever Zhan is busy I go to Xichen's room and hang out with him. We'd lay on his bed and chat about the dumbest and goofiest things. He'd also gush about his friends. I could see how happy he's been. That lonely, sad kid I met on the stairs was now filled with cheer and happiness. He reminds me of myself a lot, I guess that's why it's so easy to connect with him.

"I just put dinner on the stove." Jia greeted, coming over to hug all of us. Zhan still seemed annoyed by his parent's affection, but I could see he was trying to tolerate it. Xichen and I on the other hand basked in it as if we were little kids.

"You men go do something productive while you wait." Jia giggled before strutting off into the kitchen. Zhan just rolled his eyes.

We decided to finish up our homework so that we could have Saturday and Sunday off, stress-free. We messed around a lot while doing so but still finished before dinner.

By the time Jia had finished up she and Jang had the table set. We all rushed in for dinner. Jia and Jang talked like usual while the rest of us listened in. Their conversations made good table time entertainment.

I insisted on cleaning up after dinner. Jia agreed and went off to watch a movie with Jang and Xichen. Zhan stayed behind and helped me clean. Every time I looked over to him I'd see him wearing this goofy smile, I didn't know why and it bothered me.

"What's the smile for?" I asked, walking over to the sink to finish the last of the dishes.

"It just feels great to have everything back to normal, or close to it anyway." He answered, with his smile calming. One crawled onto my face hearing his answer. I was glad that he was happy.

After finishing up in the kitchen I returned to the living room. I watched about four seconds of the movie they had on before heading straight for the stairs. It was a horror film. Whenever anyone got the bright idea to put on a horror film I'd curl myself against someone whether that be Zhan, Xichen, or Jia. I was still a little intimidated by Jang, but he seems like a pretty cool guy. I just wasn't up to having nightmares tonight so I didn't bother sticking around for the whole movie.

It wasn't until halfway to Zhan's room that I realized he was following me.

"You're not interested in the movie either?" I asked with a little giggle.

"Seen it already." He shrugged as he opened the door to his room. At first glance, it appeared dark, but after stepping inside I could see the moon illuminating half of the room.

The light spread across half of the bed and rug. I watched curiously as Zhan walked over to the window. He parted the two large windows which I had no idea could open. He leaned against the frame and gazed out into the night sky. After a moment of admiring his stunning appearance I joined him.

"Hey Yibo?" He asked softly as if trying not to wake the night.

"Yeah?" I answered back just as soft.

"Remember how I said I'd take you to the Zoo? Would you... maybe want to go tomorrow?" I could feel the excitement boiling in my body before he even finished his question.

"Yes!" I squealed with excitement, covering my mouth seconds later realizing how loud I was.

"Yes, I'd love to. " I responded quieter this time. It felt as if the room had become twice as bright when a grin lifted Zhan's cheeks. I smiled back at him before turning my attention to the sky. We gazed off into the night, feeling the gentle, cool breeze flow in from the open window. Everything felt so still and at peace. It brought back memories of the nights from the trip, which I still hold dear.

"Hey, Yibo?" Zhan called again, his soft tone filling the room with tender warmth.

"Yeah?" I answered again, my eyes drifting to his.

"Are you happy?" He asked, watching me. I repeated his question over in my head, am I happy? Things have changed drastically this past week. Where I am now is far better than any point in recent years, but it took a lot to get here, and I'm exhausted. But to be honest I think I am indeed happy. Zhan's been very nice to me, Xichen too. Jia and Jang welcomed me into their home without much of a problem. This position was something that I've wanted for years. I feel like I belong.

"I... I think so." I replied after a moment of silent pondering. I lifted my gaze to him wearing a smile.

"Good." He replied, with the darkened room falling silent once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 20.5K 40
Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo has been classmates since kindergarten. Zhan has a crush on yibo but never got the courage to confess. Unfortunately Yibo ha...
2.1M 77.9K 55
Wang Yibo known as most notorious Bad Boy and a heartbreaker. Xiao Zhan is known as most calmest person with cheerful mind. Wang Yibo can't stand w...
61.5K 3.2K 13
Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan are have been in a relationship for five years. One day, Xiao Zhan propose to Yibo, but Yibo rejected him and run away. After...
54.1K 3K 13
Xiao Zhan is very cute and adorable but really crazy teenager who has secret towards his childhood best friend. Wang Yibo is cold and stone heart per...