Love is Blind

By TaraLDeclan

^Top Five Finalist in the 2013 Watty Award^ ATTENTION: Due to publishing this is only HALF of the book. For t... More

Love is Blind
Preface
Chapter One: The Shooting
Chapter Two: A Family
Chapter Three: Georgia Collins
Chapter Four: Talking to Myself
Chapter Five: Reece Collins
Chapter Six: I was There
Chapter Seven: Open Eyes
Chapter Eight: It's Called Braille
Chapter Nine: Nothing to Do
Chapter Ten: Not That Bad
Chapter Eleven: A Book
Chapter Twelve: Lesson One
Chapter Thirteen: Shave
Chapter Fourteen: Never Be His Type
Chapter Fifteen: Nightmares
Chapter Sixteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Seventeen: Lila
Chapter Eighteen: School Again
Chapter Nineteen: Learning the Stick
Chapter Twenty: Part One
Chapter Twenty-One: Part Two
Chapter Twenty-Two: Because of You
Chapter Twenty-Three: Lost
Chapter Twenty-Four: Starting Off Good
Chapter Twenty-Five: Maybe
Chapter Twenty-Six: He's Blind...Duh
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Are We There Yet
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Dog Part 1
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Part 2 Grow a Pair
Chapter Thirty: The Moment
Chapter Thirty-One: Everything is Different
Chapter Thirty-Two: Late Night Voice
Chapter Thirty-Three: Almost Date Time
Chapter Thirty-Four: Date Part One
Chapter Thirty-Five: Date Part Two **Special Chaper**
Chapter Thirty-Six: Back to School
Chapter Thirty-Seven: All This Noise
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Angel
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Payton's Past
Chapter Forty-One: Clair Part One
Chapter Forty-Two: Clair Part Two
Chapter Forty-Three: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Forty-Four: First Run
Chapter Forty-Five: Something's Up
Chatpter Forty-Six: Hope
Chapter Forty-Seven: The Call and the Promise
Chapter Forty-Eight: Hi Cutie
Chapter Forty-Nine: Some Good News
Chapter Fifty: Heart to Heart
Chapter Fifty-One: Special POV Chapter
Chapter Fifty-Two: Bad Day
Chapter Fifty-Three: The Lie
Chapter Fifty-Four: The Odds
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Fight
The Greatest Announcement of all Times
Buy the book!
New Book

Chapter Forty: Voice From the Past

324K 3.2K 307
By TaraLDeclan

Chapter Forty

Reece’s POV

            “Juliet!!” I call as I stand by my closet and Rider is panting by my side. I would holler for Conner, but he had a morning class and is already gone, leaving Juliet or my mom to help me, so I will go with Juliet.

            Running my hand through my hair that is beginning to get longer, too long for me, I’m starting feel like I have JB hair. I can hear footsteps near my room and then finally enter it.

            “What can I do for you my dear brother?” he asks her voice seems tired.

            “Can you please help me pick out some clothes?” I ask and my nose begins to pick up on a strong smell. Scratch that, two strong smells, one is strong perfume trying to cover up the other odor. What is that smell? I ask myself as I hear her footsteps never my side and the smell grows closer and the bitter smoky smell grows stronger. The clinging of the clothes hanger as she goes through my closet distracts me for a second before I return to think.

            “Here is a white shirt, black jacket and dark jeans so go get dressed,” she says as I groan as Juliet drapes the clothes onto the arm that is not holding Rider’s harness. Making my way carefully to the bathroom I do my normal way of getting ready and the step back into my room.

            “How do I look?” I ask her.

            “Let me do your hair,” she says as she nears me and finally she is right in front of me and I can smell her very well now.

            “Sure,” I reply and feel her begin to mess with my hair. Finally all of a sudden, like a train, I recognize the smell.

            “Juliet, have you been smoking?” I ask her my voice slightly laced in confusion. Why would my sweet little baby sister smoke?

            “What? Reece, are you crazy?” she asks me in shock and I feel her hands in my hair and then finally she retrieves them. “Done,” she mumbles.

            “I’m not crazy Juliet, you smell like cigarettes,” I argue back and then the doorbell rings.

            “I’ll get that,” Juliet says and I can hear her feet start to move.

            “This is not over,” I call to her crossing my arms over my chest.

            Groaning I reach down and grab the harness walk over to my bed and sitting down. Please don’t let my sister be smoking! I don’t understand why she would? Did I do something? Is she okay? I am so confused. I feel like this is all my fault and I cannot help but blame myself. I rub my face in my hands and release a groan. I am an awful big brother.

            “Morning Reece,” the sweet angel like voice says as I hear footsteps come into the room.

            “Morning Angel,” I say to her as I bend down feeling the ground for my shoes I wore yesterday that should be by the bed. My fingers finally stumble over what feels to be them and I take one into each of my hands and sit them down.

            “How are you?” Payton asks me and I sigh as I turn the shoe to where I can run my hand down the sides to figure out where the curve is to know which foot is which. Once I figure it out I put them onto my feet, which has taken a lot of practice to get down.

            “I’m ok, really don’t want go to school, but that’s all,” I lie a little bit not admitting the worries I have about Juliet or the pitiful feeling I have inside of me today. “How are you?” I ask her as I undo Riders harness and release him with the command. Then, I stand up taking a deep breath.

            “I’m alright, but I have to talk to the consular when we get to school,” she says as she gets closer to me, which I can tell by her voice being closer and her feet moving. “Will you be alright?” she asks me and I sigh. Honestly I will have to find my way around on my own, which will be next to impossible, so I will not be alright. Payton cannot baby me all the time and she has a life so she cannot always be with me. So I say the less selfish answer.

            “I’ll be fine, do what you need too,” I tell her and I feel her hand touch mine which causes the usual explosion of sparks.

            “Are you sure, I feel bed for leaving you,” she says softly as she steps close to me wrapping her arms around my neck. Reaching out I place my left hand gently onto her waist. I use my right hand sliding it up her arm over her thin shoulder and then against her neck. Then, moving it to her cheek where I run my thumb gently over the edge of her mouth.

            Leaning forwards, moving my lips closer to hers, I say, “I am sure.” Then, with that being said I lean forward and meeting my lips with her and it creates sparks of fireworks.

            As our lips move together in a perfect sync, I think back to last night. Last night after we woke from our nap we ate dinner, and the thought of her past was haunting every thought I had. I couldn’t and still cannot grasp what kind of man, no, what kind of human, could do that! After dinner Payton left for home and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t wishing she’d stay with me.

Valentine’s Day is getting close only a few days away so I am on a mission to come up with the perfect thing for her. She deserves it, she deserves the whole world. I pull Payton’s perfect body closer to my body as I hold her close. To be honest I am getting a little excited if you know what I mean as I our once innocent kiss becomes more serious as our tongues search each other’s mouth.

Deciding we are getting a little carried away, I tug my lips away from hers. “We better head out,” I say with an unsteady breath. Her breathing is ragged too.

“Yeah, we should,” she says and I smile.

“I love you Angel,” I say to her.

“I love you too,” she replies and then slips away from me her footsteps heading somewhere.

“Here,” she says to me as she returns and slips my cane into my hand. I wish I could bring Rider with me. But, I can’t, at least not yet.

“Let’s go then,” I say to her as she take my left hand into hers and intertwines our fingers.

As she lead us to the car I still hold the feeling that something bad is going happen today. I don’t know what it will be, but I can feel it and it is not good.

“Are you going to the hospital after school?” I ask Payton as I play with her fingers.

“Yeah, more than likely. Do you want to come with me?” she asks me with a happy voice.

“Sure, can we swing by and pick up Rider, though?” I reply, I think Rider will want get out the house and to be honest I miss having his help and the safety he provides me.

“Of course we can Reece,” she answer and I smile brightly, even though, there is a biting inside of me telling me something’s going to change today, I just am not sure what.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

            “We are here,” Payton says to me as she shuts off the car and I run my hand along the door panels until finally finding the handle. Once I push the door open so does Payton I hear her door shut using my cane I step forward and the reach back slowly, feeling the door and pushing it to shut. Tapping my stick on the pavement I begin forward. The loud defeating talking surrounds me. I wish I had I remote for my ears so I could turn down the volume or just hit mute. There is just so much going on and I cannot focus.

            I feel a hand grab mine and from the sparks I automatically know that it is Payton. I smile slightly as we walk hand and hand to the school’s front door. The air changes and I hear a door shut behind me. 

            “Reece!” a deep male voice calls and I immediately recognize it as Jace.

            His quick heavy footsteps near us and I hear Paton groan by my side causing me to chuckle lightly. “Hey guys,” he says once his footsteps stop and I hear his voice close to me.

            “I’m going to go see the consular now,” Payton says to me and I feel her hand slip from mine. Then her lips brush mine for a second, just long enough for me to taste the sweetness of her lips and then she pulls away. I reach up fixing my sun glasses that are turned a little.

            “I love you,” I say to her with a cheerful smile.

            “I love you too,” she replies and I can hear the smile in her voice. Then, her feet carry her away from me.

            “Does she not like me?” Jace says with a confused tone and I laugh lightly. Honestly, I think she finds him annoying, but deep down I think she will like him.

            “She likes you,” I say shaking my head. It could’ve been a lie; it also could have been true.

            “But she runs off when I’m around,” he states and I bit down on my lip to refrain from any laughter that is threatening to break free from my lips.

            “She’ll come around. But are you sure you really want be seen around me? You may get hate,” I warn as I take a step forward.

            A heavy arm slings over my shoulder causing me to release a groan. “You are my best friend and I just got you back. Of course I want be seen with you! Who gives a fuck what people say or think? I haven’t been friends with them since I was in my diapers. You my friend are stuck with me. We are like two opposites who when put together equal perfection and pure awesomeness. You’re the good kid and I’m the bad one. So you see Reece I have to be around you. Your goodness levels out my badness. If people want to say shit I say fuck them!” Jace completes his speech leaving me shaking my head.

            “You are truly something else Jace,” I say simply and he chuckles.

            “Thank you! Now let’s start our way to you first period, since you girlfriend scurried off,” Jace says and we walk down the hall his arm still tight around my neck and my stick tapping the ground ahead of me.

            We continue our walk for a few minutes Jace yapping my ear off about all kinds of things because he loves to talk, which is okay with me because I’ve always been quieter. Suddenly, He stops me and falls silent.

            “What is I-” I begin to ask but am cut off but a familiar voice that I haven’t heard in years.

            “Reece!” her female voice says and I freeze, every inch of my body stiffen as I hear the voice of the girl I once thought I loved.

            “Clair?” I ask speechless and not believing what I am hearing. This is not possible.

Hey there y'all!!!

How are you guys!!

A milestone has been made in Love is Blind and my writing career!! LIB recieved 1 MILLION READS!! OMG thank you all so much for reading and supporting me and this book. Also 19,000 votes!!! That is so unreal!!!! Thank you so so very much!! I love you all!!

I am sorry for my absents!! It'a has been a crazy week!!! Thursday was the FFA banquet, Friday i unexpectedly had to go to Tractor Supply after school and stay there all evening handing out things and collecting donations for FFA!!! Than Saturday i had farm work hauling water cleaning stalls etc.

But i am back!!!!! School tomorrow so iwill try to update after school.

I will not have school this coming up friday!!:D So update than!!!

Pease dont stop supporting it's just getting good!!

But think you to those who are sticking with me!!!!

I had trouble writing this chapter!! So i am sorry if it's ad.

Drama is starting now!!

I have homework to do now so i am off!!

Please

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE!!!

I love you all so very much and thank you so very much!!!

I swear i will reply toallthe comments when i get a chance!!! They mean the world to me!!! So thank you so much!!!!

Its truly crazy when people tell me this is there favotire story!!!

Thank you so much!!

Off i go now!! I love you so much!!!:D

ps How so you like the book?

love a ton!!!:D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 10.4K 42
Book 1 | Completed | My name is Hayden Price. I'm an eighteen-year-old senior in high school. Oh, and I'm the quarterback of the football team. My li...
1.2K 116 9
[Featured on WattpadAnthologies] ~"Non-fictional Anthologies" RL ~ 23/11/2020 [Featured on Stori...
129K 8.6K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...
1.5K 99 11
¡Currently on hold! *This story involves many events that some people may find vulgar. These events are not based on a true story. The characters and...