Yours, Forever

Oleh AuthorIris_xx

She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chalter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Epilogue

Chapter 51

14.8K 333 10
Oleh AuthorIris_xx

Madison exhaled slowly, raking her fingers through her hair in exhaustion.

She stifled a yawn that threatened to escape her lips by covering it with her fist, and then she sighed deeply. She wasn't sure why she had awakened all of a sudden, but it didn't put her at ease.

The last thing she wanted to do was think. She just wanted to have a long sleep... long enough to drown out all those thoughts, but now she couldn't go back to sleep.

No matter how hard she tried to, her mind kept going back to the call with Damien.

To say she was in shock would be an understatement. Madison wasn't even sure how she felt about all of it. The things he had said, the way he was acting... she didn't know what to make of it.

From his apology, the things he had said to her, and for  the first time since she had met him again, he had spoken to her without a trace of anger in his voice.

He even seemed genuine, and to Madison, that wasn't something she could believe all of a sudden. It was still quite strange for her and she needed some time to make sense of it.

Taking a deep breath, she shut her eyes and tried to concentrate on something else. The creaking sound of the ceiling fan caught her attention, and as Madison stared up at it, watching it rotate with a light creaking sound, her mind also began to rotate... wander, and that's how she realized something she still didn't know the answer to.

How had Damien even gotten her number?

The question had crossed her mind in the beginning when she had heard his voice, and if she remembered she might have even asked him but it had gone unanswered, and then she had become so wrapped up in the conversation that she had forgotten to ask again.

Madison sighed again. It was not like he would have told her anyway, so she knew she had to work out that piece of information herself.

She still hadn't gotten over the fact that he had called her, asking for forgiveness and baring his own shortcomings, but she decided she would deal with that later.

Back to how he had gotten her number, her first guess was Alvarez for obvious reasons.

They were friends, and they worked together too, so it would be logical and obvious that it was the easiest way to get her number.

It was also the most explainable, but Madison couldn't help but feel like Alvarez would have informed her regarding anything that had to do with Damien.

It was odd, and definitely not like him to give her number out to anyone, especially not Damien. He would have called to tell her that he'd given her number out, of course he would have.

Madison began to fidget, as her fingers dug into the sheets her mind wandering still.

What if Damien hadn't gotten her number from Alvarez? It was very possible, considering all that had been happening, and her heart skipped a beat as she wondered if it was possible that he might have stalked her private details for her contact info.

She knew that Alvarez had assured her that there was nothing to worry about, but with the recent history of being stalked, amongst other things she just couldn't rest.

Taking shaky breaths, Madison tried to think of what to do about this, but she already carried it at the back of her mind that she was helpless.

Trying to steady herself, she continued to think when suddenly her eyes flew to her phone which sat on a nearby table.

There was only one person she could actually talk to right now and that was Alvarez.

Yes, Alvarez would know something at least, Madison decided. He always knew something, having the idea of what to do, and what to say even.

She would tell him about the call with Damien and they would both talk it out, as he would most probably tell him what his best friend had meant by calling her.

She hovered over the call button, and raising her head her eyes fell on her wall clock, and her eyes widened in surprise at the time. It was still 4AM, and it was still very early.

There was even a high chance he would still be sound asleep, and this issue was important, but not so important that she would rouse him from sleep.

Most importantly, he would be with his wife. What would she think about someone calling her husband so early? It was so inappropriate that Madison chided herself. She decided she would leave it till later today.

As she lay back on her bed, sighing heavily, her thoughts travelled back to Damien. He had said a lot of things, and if Madison didn't know any better, his apology might have convinced her.

He had caused her so much pain. How could he suddenly begin to feel differently? What caused this sudden change in him? Why had he been that way?

What had surprised her the most was what he had said about coming to get her, and Madison still got cool goosebumps from thinking about it.

He had sounded so serious, for a moment Madison couldn't quite place what she felt at that moment. But she didn't want to dwell on it. Besides, he had been really drunk.

She wasn't sure of his drunkenness at first, but then she could hear the notable slurs in his voice, and the slight stammers, so it was quite obvious.

Madison knew that a lot of people said things they didn't mean when they got drunk, and half the time they weren't even aware of what they were talking about, or doing at the moment.

So this was another reason why she wouldn't take his words seriously. It would be stupid believing his every word and expecting something, but then all she would get was another slap in the face.

He had been completely wasted, and he would probably wake up in the morning not remember a thing. He probably wouldn't even remember he had called her, not to talk more of the things he had said, and even if he did, it would just be a big pool of regret for him.

He wouldn't feel a thing for her, he never felt a thing.

"Stop thinking about it, Maddie." She whispered to herself, rubbing her hands over her face, "It was not worth it, there was no point at all."

When she was better, she continued to stare at the rotating ceiling fan, yawning after a little while. She sighed heavily, remembering that she had to go to work later today so she needed all the rest she could get.

Adjusting to a better position, Madison continued to stare at the ceiling fan, the drowsy movement calling to her until she slowly drifted back to another meaningless slumber.

.......

KATHERINE

Katherine continued to pace around the patio, her phone in her hand and one around her waist. She was bordering between worry and fury.

Fury because she was still quite offended about how Damien had spoken to her the day before, and worry because she was really afraid of losing him.

After last night, she really didn't know what to expect when it came to Damien, and the words he had said sounded to good to be true. He had even threatened her, placing his hands on her and a shudder coursed through her.

What if he just randomly decided to break up with her? It would be devastating and embarrassing to explain to her father and the media too.

She didn't even want to imagine it, as the last thing she wanted to lose was Damien of all people. He was her life, her world and she needed to be by his side at all times.

After all she had worked for, and the lengths she had gone through just to be with him... The memories they'd shared, she sure as hell wasn't going to lose him. It wasn't even an option at all.

Taking a sharp breath, Katherine glanced at her phone screen once more. The rows and rows of missed calls she had given him stared right back at her, and her chest tightened painfully. She tapped on the dial button again, trying her luck once more and as usual it rang but he didn't pick up.

"Fuck!" Katherine muttered under her breath, pushing her hair out of her face as she thought of what to do.

Her hands were twitching, and her head was shaking ruefully. She had been calling since he left her house last night but it had gone answered. She had even wanted to go looking for him last night but it was too late to wander outside, so she had paced around in her bedroom, dialing his number over and over again but to no avail.

She also sent texts, apologizing repeatedly about the letters she'd burnt, hoping he would forgive her and begging him to pick up but still nothing.

The entire night had passed and there was still no response from him. Finally, Katherine had given up and fallen asleep, and now the first thing she did when she awakened this morning was to check her phone again.

She had been expecting a call from him of course, or maybe a text showing that he acknowledged her efforts but to her utmost disappointment there wasn't a single text nor call at all.

Sighing, Katherine shook her head.

This didn't mean that she had lost him yet. She couldn't lose him. Not now, not ever! She had to do something real quick, and going inside her bathroom she decided to take her bath and get dressed.

She was going to head to his house, so they could talk and she would know what was going on.

Seeing him in person might be better, and at least if he saw her in person he would see how badly she was doing without him, and how sorry she was.

She would beg him, cry fake tears if it got to the stage, she would do all that so he would believe her once and for all.

Thirty minutes later, Katherine arrived at Damien's house.

As she stood at his front door, she took deep breaths, practicing what she was going to say to him and mentally preparing herself for any possible outcomes.

When she felt ready enough, she unlocked the house with the spare key she had, and walked in.

She was extra thankful that she still had the spare key, as there was no telling if he would have even let her in of his own free will.

Katherine moved around the house, first checking the mini gym first and then his study. She knew that by this time of the day he would either be exercising or working in his study, but surprised to see those two places unoccupied, she headed to his bedroom.

As she slowly swung the door open, her eyes widened in shock at the sight before her, and she held back a yell.

On the floor, was a shirtless, very wasted Damien who was sprawled on his back next to the wine cabinet, with an empty bottle of whiskey lying next to him.

Katherine stared at him in surprise, her hands going to her nose to cover up the alcoholic smell that filled the room, as she took a step forwards. What the heck was this?

She had never seen him like this before, at all and even when he drank he never made a mess just like this one. She carefully moved towards him wanting to know why he was unmoving, and if he was asleep, and sure enough he was sound asleep, snoring away.

Katherine shook her head, wondering what could have made him drink this much. She was already deflated, knowing that it was impossible now to talk to Damien today.

Sighing, she turned away with a shrug, her hands falling down and she began to walk toward the door.

Just before she could exit the room, she heard a familiar notification ping coming from his phone and she froze instantly.

Usually, she would have paid no attention, and went on her way but for some reason today she was interested.

It was not like he would do anything about her checking his phone, and he was literally passed out.

Taking one curt glance at him, she picked up the phone to see a text message, and clicking on it she began to read through. Halfway through, she rolled her eyes, hissing when she realized it was a list of everything on his schedule for the day, and it was from his secretary.

She was about to toss the phone on the bed, when she had a sudden thought.

This was a rare chance to snoop through his phone, and see if there was any important detail that could be hidden within. A lot was happening, and the issue with that bitch Madison was at the back of her mind. Why not take this advantage and see if Damien was cheating, or if he was making any attempts to talk to the one lady she despised more than anything?

Taking another glance at him, and breathing heavily she quickly began to scroll through. The first place she went to was his call log, and her fingers froze when she came across the recent calls from yesterday.

Just like she had imagined, hoping it would not be true though she saw an outgoing call to Madison, and her hands on the phone tightened quickly.

Katherine felt her heart start to thump wildly in anger, different types of explanations and scenarios going through her.

So he had ignored all her calls and texts but somehow had the time to call his ex? He was literally pushing her to one side, but he had managed to call the bitch?

Her neck reddened as she tapped on it to see the details, and her hands shook when she saw how long the call had been. It had lasted more than ten minutes, and she looked back at his sprawled out unmoving body. 

Everything started to make sense, and she could note the explanation for this. Probably he would have called her in his drunken state, when he was weak and vulnerable and he just have said a lot of things... And he was giving the bitch exactly what she longed for.

He was giving her the upper hand, because if he had made himself vulnerable then it was all over.

Katherine shut her eyes tightly, her fists clenching, and she could see that this was an open chance for Madison to come back into his life.

Katherine could already imagine the conversation they might have had, and she felt hot burning fury fill up her chest.

Angrily, she tossed the phone back onto the bed, her teeth clacking angrily and without as much as a glance at Damien again, she stormed out of the bedroom, out of the house and into her car still fuming.

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

4.6M 107K 31
THIS IS ONE OF MY FIRST BOOKS ON WATTPAD. "Get out", he shouted at me "get out now and never come back" I wiped at the tears that were streaming dow...
117K 3.1K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
1.9K 275 31
Jessica's stomach fluttered, her gaze dropping to his lips then back up again. "I always hated my hair colour growing up." She observed, why did peop...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...