From pawn to god: A High Scho...

By Dragonflyer8654

In the supernatural world, there's tons of individual beings just waiting for the story of their rise to grea... More

The beginning of it all
Divine revelation
Encounter with the Vanir leader
The Berserker armor
Character profile
Meeting with the Aesir and the Factions
Leaving it all behind
A new friend
Enlightening the soul
Equipment and ability upgrades, relationships
A day with the family
A grizzly encounter
The hammer of Thor
Reveal of Fate in the Aftermath
Forging a god-killer
Breaking point
Primordial panic
The road to healing
Eíthürr upgrade recap

Entry to Asgard

6.6K 115 50
By Dragonflyer8654

The trip to Asgard wasn't nearly as complicated as I thought it should've been, we literally just traveled up north, Vali activated a bifrost, and we were all taken into a completely different realm, the realm of the Norse gods known as Asgard—quite a large distance away from the main actual castle that made up the bulk of the realm.

I was immediately taken aback by how everything looked. Even though this pantheon was supposed to be a bunch of gods for vikings—who's living methods weren't peaceful to say the least—the castle seemed to have no resemblance at all to any of those things. In fact it seemed to be similar to something I would expect to see up in heaven.

"So that's Asgard?"

Vali nodded and huffed in amusement.

Vali: "No, we're obviously in South Africa."

I noticed his sarcasm and looked at him with a cheeky smile, to which he shut his eyes and looked away from me.

Arthur took a couple breaths and exhaled.

Arthur: "Ah, feels like it was only yesterday when we sealed Loki."

Fenrir growled at Arthur at the mention, who quickly was silenced by me putting my hand up

"Watch what you're talking about around Fenrir. That's a sensitive topic for him."

Kuroka: "I would concur with that..."

I looked at Kuroka confused, and for the first time ever, she had an expression that wasn't something that was part of an attempt to seduce me, rather, her ears were flattened in sadness and she had a genuine frown on her face. It took a couple moments to realize why she was frowning. She must've run into Koneko multiple times while down here in Asgard when both groups were teaming up to defeat Loki, and I know from experience that the younger nekoshou absolutely despises being around her sister.

I frowned at her before our eyes met each other and we quickly turned away from each other. No point in remembering the past right? Let's focus on what's happening right now.

Vali chuckled.

Vali: "Alright, I'll head into Asgard to schedule a meeting with Odin and the other aesir, you guys stay here and do whatever the hell you want."

Vali's divine dividing appeared on his back and he took off towards the metropolis in the distance.

Bikou: "Welp! Here comes the boring part..."

We all ended up making a small campfire in the woods nearby the castle. When it was does everyone in the Brigade sat down as I kept on exchanging glances with Fenrir. It seemed he was pretty anxious being here considering his brother is asleep in the body of water approximately 400 miles away from us.

"Fenrir? What's got you so worried?"

Fenrir snapped his head up from his pondering and looked at me.

Fenrir: "I have a feeling my sister is going to visit us very soon."

That was a call for alarm. The goddess of the underworld was about to pay us a visit—and when it's from her, not much people will even be brave enough to even speak to her—according to what Fenrir said anyway.

Bikou: "Aww, would you look at that, Ethan's entire family is meeting him!"

Fenrir immediately growled at Bikou while I noticed Kuroka look down to the ground in thought.

Arthur: "Any more specific time for her arrival Fenrir?"

Fenrir shook his head.

Fenrir: "The only thing I saw in the vision I had was this exact location, could be an hour or—"

A jet black portal opened up right next to our campfire and a group of skeletons and strange blue—but dead looking—humans walked through before the youngest child of Loki made her presence known.

She definitely fit in with the title as "monstrous child of Loki" as the description of her appearance by Fenrir was spot on. On the left side of her body, she looked just like another normal girl, but once you see the right side, everything just took the look of a dead and rotten corpse. She was also wearing a dress with plenty of bones all over it, and was constantly emitting a pale green glow.

Fenrir's mood lightened up at the sight of his younger sister and he bounded to her. She smiled as he bent down and nuzzled his sister with his nose.

Hel: "It's good to see you too brother! Calm yourself!"

Fenrir: "Come on now! It's been a while!"

Hel laughed at her brother's words before looking at the rest of us in intrigue.

Hel: "I sensed a being about as strong as a god here Fenrir. Who is it?"

Fenrir looked at me and motioned for me to walk up to her. She looked at me in intrigue before Fenrir started speaking again.

Fenrir: "This is our Uncle Eíthürr, he was born approximately 400,000 years after Father was born. Remember?"

Hel looked at me and I nervously just stood still. Surprisingly though, contradicting everything Fenrir stated about her personality, she smiled and embraced me.

Hel: "It's nice to finally meet you Uncle! Father's told us about you a bit, but he never took us to actually see you."

"I—well it's certainly nice to meet you too Hel...everything all around me is unraveling extremely fast...so you're my niece?"

Hel excitedly nodded.

Hel: "Yup! You have the entirety of Helheim at your service!"

Everyone behind me comically passed out on the ground and I just had my jaw drop.

"Wait wait!? I can't just be in charge of something that big! Cmon now! You know how much dead people there are?!"

Hel: "Yes...that's quite specifically my job?"

I looked at Fenrir in confusion—and the fucker was laughing at me. I just looked down in silence and then exhaled.

"Well then. Don't exactly feel worthy to be in this position, but here we are."

Bikou: "What the hell Ethan."

Hel perked up at the usage of her name and immediately raced in front of Bikou with a harsh glare.

Hel: "Don't say that AROUND ME!"

Bikou chuckled.

Bikou: "Ok ok, roger that."

Hel then turned her attention to Kuroka and stared at her for a bit.

Hel: "You're a Nekoshou?"

Kuroka groaned as her ears fell flat on her head

Kuroka: "Yeah...so what is it to you?"

Hel: "Interesting, I may finally have someone to teach my magics to!"

Kuroka raised her eyebrow intrigued at Hel's proposition.

Arthur: "What kind of magic are you implying..."

Hel: "Things like connecting to the astral plane, being able to snap things out of mindless rage—more useful than you think—raise your own army of dead if you want. Also revival of the dead."

Fenrir flicked me in the face with his tail whenever she mentioned 'snap out of mindless rage.'

"Wait...mindless rage? What do you mean it's 'more useful than you think'?"

Hel: "It's a pretty common thing in the supernatural world. Gain immense power at the cost of not being able to think straight. The only beings that have such huge amounts of power without going berserk are gods, the archangel,the satans, Fenrir and his sons, and a select few dragons and other beings."

Fenrir: "She's right. Jörmungandr is one of those dragons because he's probably the laziest dragon in the world."

"Is that why evil dragons and gods exist?"

Hel shrugged.

Hel: "Sort of, but with those beings, the pools of energy that they're born in are way too much, even for their own body that is created. That's how Nidhögger came into existence anyway."

I hummed in thought before sitting down.

Hel: "Anyway, what are you guys here for?"

Fenrir looked straight at his sister and didn't even break a sweat.

Fenrir: "We're here to get the berserker armor for Uncle Eíthürr."

Hel's eyes widened for a split second before they turned into a intrigued expression.

Hel: "Well...if he is Father's brother, then the true power of the armor should be granted to him."

Arthur: "True power of the armor?"

Hel laughed quietly.

Hel: "All I'm gonna say is, he may become stronger than Thor himself after the armor gets donned."

I looked at Hel incredulously, at this point, I shouldn't even be surprised due to literally every single thing in the last day has been some sort of reveal that I'm more than the pawn with the twice critical gauntlet I was until recently. Everyone else seemed to have the same reaction.

Bikou: "What is this? Some sort of rise to power story for Ethan?"

"Can't be a good one if everything is just getting dumped onto me in a span of just two days."

I pulled the blades of chaos off of my back and held them in my hands.

"I literally just got the hang of using these blades last night, I still have to learn how to use the axe."

Hel: "Those are the blades that our grandfather used right?"

I nodded.

"He may be a strict teacher, but he's pretty good at it."

Hel: "That's what Father used to say about him."

Fenrir: "Seeing on how he sired both you and our dad, I would say the personalities you got would either be really empathetic and filled with compassion, or really cold and determined."

"Wouldn't really have the credit for my personality given to me by Kratos. That would probably go to the group of devils I grew up with."

Hel: "That would explain the devil blood I'm sensing within you. You're a pawn, correct?"

"Yup...although I was the pawn of least value."

My expression dropped after mentioning it. Hel noticed and immediately grew concerned.

Hel: "Uncle? What's wrong?"

I stayed silent, mentioning Issei suddenly brought the thought of the peerage back into my head...they're probably not really caring much about my disappearance...sadly. Thankfully everyone in the Khaos Brigade spoke up.

Fenrir: "Let's just say how he was feeling in the peerage recently wasn't the best in the world."

Hel's power immediately flared up around her.

Hel: "What did they do!?"

Bikou: "They kinda...socially isolated him, if that can describe it. He's been dealing with feelings of inferiority for a long time—"

Kuroka: "Ever since the red dragon emperor joined the peerage."

Hel: "Hm? Ddraig has already claimed a new host?"

"Yup...Issei Hyoudou...great guy, but goddammit he was an expert at making me useless."

Hel looked at me curiously before she finally spoke.

Hel: "We could try to help your condition when you're in the armor...but there's a complication to that."

"What would it be?"

Hel: "We're...going to need some vanir magic...and some eitr..."

"Eitr?"

Fenrir: "The name of the venom that Jörmungandr produces..."

I decided to sit down and try to think through what to do, sure the berserker armor was something that could restore my strength, but I could allow the boost from the armor to actually affect me without me potentially losing my sanity and I would be present to reunite the 3 siblings together only at the price of potentially having a pissed off Vali attacking me.

Welp, I should've died multiple times already, might as well take this chance as well.

"You're not on good terms with him either?"

Hel sadly shook her head.

"Well...if my strength can be restored...do you think you could even go to him?"

Hel: "Maybe...but he probably won't forgive us."

"Welp, no better time to fix the pass than the present then right? I will be there so he shouldn't want to kill you guys."

Hel: "Oh I know he won't do that...but still."

Fenrir: "If it's another strong being out there that could potentially steal Vali's attention away from me and the red dragon for 20 seconds, then I'm game. Besides, he seems worthy enough to have the strength considering he hasn't tried to kill any of us yet."

Arthur: "I really don't feel like we should leave here..."

I shrugged.

"If you guys don't want to, then we won't."

I leaned on a tree next to our campfire and started to relax. Fate never lets me relax though, because soon after that, the tree was knocked down and Fenrir picked me up in his mouth before he laid down and tucked me into his side. Later on, Hel joined me. Arthur, Bikou, and Kuroka soon ended up joining me on my nephew's tummy. We ended up all falling asleep as the day went on.

With Vali in Asgard.

The descendant of Lucifer walked through the paradise known as Asgard with quite a bit of things going on in his mind.

He didn't expect the valueless pawn from his greatest rival's peerage to even survive a single day with the Khaos Brigade—he expected him to die to any sort of special flame the room held that chose the unlucky boy. What happened instead is the realization that the weakest member of the peerage was the son of Kratos and brother of Loki himself meaning that he was a god, his power only being limited by his evil piece.

Vali: "If that original godly strength was somehow tapped into...he'd possibly be as powerful as me and Issei."

Vali suddenly looked up and saw someone who he wasn't expecting to see in Asgard at all regarding the events that transpired just a week and a half ago: The peerage of Rias Gremory standing in front of Tyr with sad eyes, although Vali could see the little dhampir—Gasper, seemed to be a lot more down in the dumps compared to his fellow peerage members.

Vali stood there assessing the situation.

Vali: "Does this mean that...they're actually caring for him? Or are they sad for another reason?"

Suddenly Issei's and Vali's eyes locked and all of a sudden, the red dragon emperor summoned his gauntlet and activated his balance breaker, shocking everyone around the city hall—even his own peerage members—until they saw that Vali was right in front of him. It was then that everyone in the peerage sent a death glare to him.

Vali: "Have to say, I wasn't expecting you guys to be here."

Issei: "Where is he!?"

Vali squinted at his rival.

Vali: "Where's who?"

Rias immediately surrounded herself with her magic and summoned two balls of POD in her hands.

Rias: "You know exactly who he's talking about kidnapper!"

Vali: "I kidnapped him!? That's pretty funny considering he broke down crying whenever we mentioned you. Pretty sure we saved him."

Rias grit her teeth while Gasper took the lead.

Gasper: "Is he alive!?"

Vali groaned in annoyance.

Vali: "You know, I would love to say no, but you should already know the answer to that."

Gasper looked at Rias who only nodded slightly before sighing in relief and turning back to the white dragon emperor.

Asia joined Gasper as she spoke to him.

Asia: "What are you planning to do with him!"

Vali chuckled ominously.

Vali: "Well, that's none of your business."

Akeno: "It is our business when a member of our family is at risk!"

Vali laughed at the hybrid before he snapped his fingers, suddenly a portal opened right behind him, and Raynare, Kalawarna, and Mittelt all stepped through the portal. Everyone's eyes immediately narrowed—especially Issei.

Vali: "Well, didn't think I'd have to tell you this, but, yes he's alive."

Koneko: "Where did they come from?"

The white haired Nekoshou pointed at the 3 fallen angels.

Vali: "They looked like they needed help, so I helped them."

The tension in the room was palpable at this point, with Issei and Asia having to try not to unleash everything they have, or not have a horrific mental breakdown.

Kiba: "How did you capture him?"

Rossweisse elbowed him to shut him up.

Raynare: "The pawn ran away from the peerage after realizing he was no use to any of you...he was so blinded by emotion that slicing off his arm was probably the easiest thing in the world for me."

Akeno suddenly fired a lightning bolt at the fallen angel, only for it to get stopped by a golden light appearing above Vali and the fallen angels. The light was revealed to be from Tyr's eyes.

Tyr: "That is enough you two! If you want to fight, fight anywhere that's not here!"

Everyone begrudgingly looked at the Norse god of war before dissipating their attacks and giving each other death glares.

Tyr: "Now then, do you want to battle right now, or actually do what Odin called you here for Ms Gremory?"

Rias looked at all 4 of her opponents with an angry expression before she felt a tug on her skirt to see Gasper looking at her with pleading eyes.

Gasper: "He's alive, that's all we need to know. Hurting all of them won't do anything...please Rias."

Rias looked at her rook for a bit longer before exhaling and glaring at Vali.

Rias: "Fine...as long as Ethan's safety is guaranteed."

Vali smiled pleasantly.

Vali: "Deal, we'll return him to you after we give him something."

Xenovia: "And what would that 'something' be?"

Vali smiled

Vali: "The berserker armor. What else?"

Rossweisse, Rias, and Akeno immediately went on guard hearing that. Tyr looked like he suddenly figured something out.

Rias: "Why do you want to put such a cursed piece of equipment on him!"

Vali: "The armor is powered by inner turmoil...isolation from the people who're supposed to be your family often leads to quite a bit of that."

Issei, Gasper, Xenovia, and Kiba frowned at the implication while Rias, Akeno, Koneko, and Asia looked like they had the air knocked out of them. Vali just smirked at them all.

Vali: "Nothing to say? That's what I thought. Besides, it should be a bit of a benefit to everyone considering I won't be after Issei all the time, wouldn't it Rias?"

Rias looked up and attempted to say something, but shut her mouth and looked down in shame, while Issei glared at his rival.

Tyr: "Hmph, should've figured that it would be you who makes the armor awaken. You have a knack for starting trouble wherever you go."

Vali laughed and smiled at Tyr.

Vali: "I got raised by Azazel himself, why wouldn't I be a troublemaker?"

Tyr: "I suppose it wouldn't hurt anyone to show you the reason Ms Gremory's peerage is here as well."

Vali looked at the peerage with a curious look, who were all glaring at him.

Vali: "Sure, I don't see why not."

Tyr: "Wonderful! Now, if you all follow me."

Tyr proceeded to lead the group into the same exact cave that he was in about two days ago.

Issei: "Great! Gotta love these ominous caves!"

Rossweisse: "Not now Issei!"

Vali huffed as he continued to ponder everything going on with Ethan.

Vali: 'They actually care about him...how? He was completely useless to them when he was with them...maybe he might've been a good source of emotional support maybe? But Issei already gives that! Isn't the logical conclusion to come to is to replace Ethan with Issei in that case?'

Issei looked at Vali, for some reason, he was able to hear his thoughts, but once he actually started to take in what his rival was thinking, a feeling that he was the one who caused one of his best friends to run away and get kidnapped kept on growing within him, resulting in him letting loose a tear every now and then. That was until Tyr turned towards the cave wall and looked up

Tyr: "And...here it is!"

Everyone looked to where Tyr's gaze was and were all blown away by what they saw: a huge piece of art displayed above them. What stood out to them immediately was the middle of the entire drawing, where a jet black humanoid with a wolf head with red eyes was seemingly roaring to the sky with jet black flames surrounding his hands and feet.

After that though, they could see the 3 monstrous children of Loki surrounding him—alongside the Blades of Chaos and the Leviathan Axe being right above his shoulders. On the far right, Issei could see what seemed to be everyone with him right now was frantically running towards the figure, while Vali could see himself charging towards the figure while he held back by some sort of chain held by Bikou, Arthur, Le Fay, and Kuroka.

Rias: "What in Satan's name is this...?!"

Akeno: "It seems to be a foretelling of the future by the jötnar...whenever the armor finally finds its wearer."

Tyr: "I was thinking the same thing Akeno."

Gasper flew up to the drawing of the jet black figure and gently touched it, hoping that it wasn't Ethan in the armor. That was until he saw a small label right next to it.

Gasper: "Rias! Over here!"

Rias heard her rook and flew over to him.

Rias: "Yes Gasper? You need something?"

He shyly pointed at the label right above the figure and she looked at it curiously.

Rias: "Does anyone recognize the name Eíthürr?"

Vali's head suddenly snapped up and his divine dividing appeared on his back.

Vali: "Yes...what for?"

Rias: "It's the name of the person in the armor? Any idea who that could be?"

Vali: "...I can't exactly say it's a new individual for you."

Rias glared at the the vanishing dragon's host.

Rias: "And why's that!?"

Vali lifted an eyebrow at her and smirked.

Gasper: "Eïthürr...wait...Eïth..."

Gasper suddenly looked at everyone with a horrified expression.

Gasper: "It's Ethan!"

Issei's attention was suddenly brought back to the drawing.

Rias looked back at the art and suddenly in her own vision, the figure was replaced by a smiling Ethan that was extremely happy to hang out with all of his peerage members...only for it to slowly phase into the monstrous figure it was in the art.

Rias: "What have I turned him into..."

Rossweisse: "If the armor's powered up by anger...he must really hate us..."

Everyone in the peerage frowned—count out Koneko, who was currently having her attention on something else, and Gasper who was slowly putting his hand on the drawing of his big brother in such a monstrous appearance, tears welling up in his eyes.

Xenovia: "Do we want to stop him from acquiring the armor...or just allow him to possibly drift away from us."

Rias: "I'm going to correct my treatment of him, I have to show him he matters to all of us! That armor seems to be the final straw whenever he chooses to go against us...if he doesn't wear it, he's still able to be returned to us"

Rossweisse: "Rias...with all due respect, the giants' visions are almost never inaccurate. To try and change the outcome of whatever may happen in the future is like challenging fate itself."

Issei: "Then we'll face off against it!"

Vali groaned in boredom, from what he was hearing, they just wanted him to stay weak so that they could apologize for their treatment of him—he personally wasn't a fan of it.

Koneko: "So then...why are those two weapons there?"

Koneko pointed at the Blades of Chaos and Leviathan Axe.

Vali chuckled at her ominously.

Vali: "That is because all of you somehow glossed over something that could've made him so much more compared to what he is now..."

Tyr: "And that was?"

Vali: "Ethan is the child of The Olympian God of War, Kratos and the last living guardian of the jötnar, Laufey, making him Loki's brother."

Everyone looked gobsmacked by the bombshell dropped on them.

Issei: "Wait wait wait...Ethan is a god!?"

Vali: "Believe me, I was just as shocked as you when I found out. The weakest member of your peerage, was actually a being with the potential of being one of the most powerful things in this world."

Tyr looked confused at the art on the wall.

Tyr: "No records have ever had any mention of him though?"

Vali: "That's something that confuses me to this day, I'll have to ask him the next time I see..."

Suddenly the ground began to shake immensely as everyone lost their footing.

Asia: "What's going on now!?"

Kiba: "We got to get out of this cave, it's going to collapse!"

Everyone shakily got up and started to book it towards the exit of the cave. Once they got out, the entire passage crumpled in on itself as everyone looked back and heaved in exhaustion.

Issei: "Ugh...I didn't sign up to do this today"

Kiba: "No fucking shit Issei."

Rias: "Kiba, language!"

Kiba nodded in acknowledgment.

Akeno: "Is everyone alright?"

Everyone slowly dusted themselves off as they looked at the raven haired queen.

Koneko: "My question is who—or what, caused that earthquake."

Asia: "Guys..."

Everyone rushed up to where the former nun was looking and their jaws dropped at what they saw in front of them.

Jörmungandr was awake, and even from a distance, they could make out the distinct dark shape of Fenrir right in front of him.

Ethan POV

Welp, I'm seriously starting to second guess myself. I've heard from a bunch of books that Jörmungandr was so big that he could wrap around the world and bite his own tail, but I didn't know that it was his ACTUAL size!

Currently, me, my oldest nephew and niece, alongside Bikou, Kuroka, Arthur, and Le Fay were all staring up at the behemoth who was somehow also my nephew.

Once Jörmungandr's eyes locked onto his siblings, he immediately furrowed his eyebrows and hissed at them angrily. Fenrir and Hel in response growled and flared up their magic respectively and were about to do battle when...

The leviathan axe suddenly started to boost itself in power as the head of the axe froze solid and suddenly unleashed an extremely powerful barrage of ice all around me, suddenly freezing(in a non-temperature related sense) the children of Loki and causing them to look at me.

"That is enough Jörm! I didn't bring them here just to fight!"

Jörmungandr looked at me confusingly before, just like his brother, started speaking.

Jörmungandr: "WHOOOOOOoooooo AARRRreeee YYYOOOOUuuuu?"

His voice was extremely deep and his words were extremely slow—it sort of sounded like a really big burp.(Just imagine Jörmungandr's voice in GOW 4)

Hel then spoke to her brother.

Hel: "He is our Uncle Eíthürr. He is the younger brother of Father by 400,000 winters."

Jörmungandr looked at the axe and nodded.

Jormungandr: "WHHHYYYY AREEEeeee Yoouuuuuuu Heeerrrreee?"

Fenrir: "We're here to request your assistance with crafting Uncle Eíthürr here something that would unlock his godly abilities."

Jörmungandr looked at me and everyone next to me for a while before he spoke to his siblings again.

Jörmungandr: "Whhhyyyyyyy DDeeevvvilllssss heerrrrreeee?"

Everyone tensed up as the dragon king looked at the remaining members of the Khaos Brigade.

"They're friends of mine! We mean you no harm!"

Jörmungandr stared at them before huffing in amusement. His eyes suddenly raised above us as he looked to his right to see something that I couldn't see in the distance approaching. Suddenly, Fenrir's ears turned around and his eyes narrowed and he started to growl, as he suddenly laid down on the ground while looking in the direction Jörmungandr was staring towards.

Fenrir: "Get behind me Uncle! NOW!"

Fenrir's voice indicated that there was no arguing with him, so I immediately sprinted behind him and clung onto the fur on his back.

"Fenrir! What's going on—"

Fenrir: "Quiet!"

Bikou, Arthur, and Kuroka all looked to the direction of the wolf giant's gaze before their eyes squinted at who they were seeing. Suddenly their expressions all lightened.

Bikou: "Hey Vali! That was a pretty big trip wasn't it!"

Suddenly I could hear Vali's voice.

Vali: "And I told you guys to stay where we entered."

Bikou: "We got bored. Cmon you, really expected us to stay still after what's been going on?"

Vali groaned in exasperation.

Fenrir: "Why is the Gremory peerage following you?"

I suddenly snapped up at the mention of her name and attempted to leave my hiding spot, only to forced back into place by Hel's magic.

Vali sighed again.

Vali: "They know we have Ethan, they didn't expect to run into us in Asgard."

Bikou: "Great! Right when we were all starting to have fun without them...seems to happen a lot."

Hel: "Wait, is this the peerage our uncle belongs to?"

Fenrir: "Yes sister, the very one."

Hel: "In that case..."

Hel started to have her magic release around her.

Hel: "I have some words to give to them..."

I attempted to get away from Fenrir's back , but couldn't even get one inch out of my hiding spot. I then heard the sound of someone landing in the ground followed by the voice I could recognize anywhere in the world.

Rias: "Hmm...seems awfully coincidental your friends are all here Vali..."

She paused for a moment before resuming her talk.

Rias: "Why are you all here?"

Bikou: "Pfft you know, we're just helping out a little friend of ours!"

I rolled my eyes at his words.

Akeno: "That little friend wouldn't happen to be Ethan wouldn't it?"

Bikou chuckled.

Bikou: "Well look at you guys cracking the case just like that!"

Arthur: "Knowing Ddraig's host, he probably didn't find out, maybe someone in Sitri's peerage found out instead."

Hel: "Seems about right looking through their memories."

Issei: "WOOP WOOP! Look at you! You're looking pretty good!"

I heard a groan from my niece, and I suddenly had the urge to absolutely knock him the fuck out.

Hel: "Stop lying, I'm literally a corpse on half of my body."

Issei: "Yeah...your breasts don't seem to be that large either."

There's the Issei comment...I'm gonna knock him into next week the next time I see him!

Hel: "So Ddraig's host is a pervert...welp...sadly can't say that's a new thing."

Xenovia: "Who are you exactly?"

Hel laughed to herself before I felt her power unleash.

Hel: "I am Hel, the goddess of the underworld, and the youngest of the 3 monstrous children of Loki."

I could hear Fenrir huff to himself in annoyance, and also a similar sounding sound from Jörmungandr. Guess you can't be siblings without making fun of each other.

Rossweisse: "So...is Ethan here? The only reason I can think of you guys ever even thinking of reuniting is because of him."

Kuroka laughed in her own suggestive way.

Kuroka: "Now why would we tell you that~?"

Koneko: "Because we're here to take him back!"

My eyes widened, not just at what she said, but something I've never heard out of Koneko's voice before...emotion.

Kuroka laughed again.

Kuroka: "What's the real reason why are you and your friends are doing this Shirone?"

Suddenly the peerage fell quiet, unnaturally fast, in which only two things could be heard, which was Fenrir's growling and Jormungandr's breathing because the fucker was so big.

Arthur: "That's what we thought...if you're only here to not only cut yourselves the guilt of making your own pawn run away, but to deny Ethan the destiny he's born to have as a god who may one day change this world for the better..."

I could hear a magical sound, most likely Arthur summoning his blade.

Arthur: "...Then you can all get lost!"

I heard all sorts of magical sounds after that, like everyone just unanimously agreed to fight, suddenly explosions rang out and I could see a portal forming right beneath me and the magic spell holding me in place weakening. I was actually going to fall into the portal if it wasn't for Fenrir suddenly getting knocked back by a huge explosion from Rossweisse, knocking me away from him and onto the ground...right in the middle of the opening in plain sight of everyone present.

I looked up and the first thing was everyone in my peerage looking horrified at my prosthetic left arm. Suddenly all of their priorities changed from beating their opponents, to getting to me as quick as possible, as even Rias and Akeno stopped their fight with Hel to get after me.

I got up off of the ground, but I could only go about 2 feet before I was tackled to the ground by an extremely fast Kiba—the lack of any soft objects on my back really helped with that analysis.

Kiba: "President! I got him!"

Fenrir suddenly roared in rage as he slammed Rossweisse into the ground, sprinted towards me, knocked Kiba off of me, and stood above in in a manner similar to how a mother dog would stand over its puppies.

Rias: "Fenrir, as the heiress to the house of Gremory, please surrender my pawn so we can end this peacefully."

Fenrir stared at her dead in the eye and without missing a single beat...

Fenrir: "Over my dead body Gremory!"

Everyone was shocked to hear Fenrir speak, Hel thankfully took the opportunity to quickly send Rias onto the ground 50 feet away from us and quickly disarm Akeno who was charging a round of holy lightning—I wonder how aroused she is now with everyone fighting like this?

I realized a bright glow was behind us, and would you look at that, Vali and Issei were in their balance breakers slamming into each other with a tremendous amount of energy surrounding them both, much larger than anything I've ever experienced from either Issei or Vali.

I also heard the clashing of blades and turned to see Xenovia and Arthur elegantly moving to combat the other, with their swords constantly clashing every second or 2. Bikou was seeming to have the time of his life as he was dancing around Asia and Gasper, while Kuroka was off fighting her younger sister and Kiba at the same time.

I don't know how to describe it...but it was overwhelming to say the least, I've never been in a battle like this with Rias' peerage. I was suddenly in the position of the most important factor of the battle when I didn't even know how to fight against anyone other than Kratos while training. A pain started to emerge in my chest as I grew angrier and angrier by the second, even Fenrir took concern.

Fenrir: "Uncle Eíthürr! Are you ok!?"

I couldn't think straight as my fists literally started to catch on fire and my vision started to take a red hue as I yelled out in anger, creating a massive blast of energy around me...and then proceeded to collapse to the ground motionless.

The last thing I remember right before I collapsed was everyone's—even Hel and Jörmungandr's shocked faces looking at me...followed by frantic screaming whenever I hit the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

580K 5K 27
Madoka Terada is a pawn for Rias Gremory. You worked very well and hard for Rias and her peerage, even became a mid class devil! But then, he came. I...
103K 940 15
Oscar Storm used to be the shared pawn of both Rias Gremory and Sona Sitiri, but was neglected by everyone in the peerage. They always fond over Isse...
259K 2.7K 51
You were once in a peerage of Rias Gremory, a role of the pawn piece. But he was betrayed by Rias and her followers replacing him for perverted loser...
3.1K 115 2
What is luck exactly? Is it just some random possibility calculated from the universe when someone is born or is it like currency in which you can sp...