again ↠ chenji

By yvneos

"it's also funny to think that we act like we don't have a past." ↳ wherein the dream band are looking for an... More

INTRO
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
EPILOGUE

09

2.3K 91 18
By yvneos

chapter nine

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

chenle started to be trained as a vocalist, it was not even that hard, it just needed a little practice. every lunch, after eating, he was training. or everytime he has a vacant class, if before he used to have fun outside the campus every vacant class. now, he was inside the music room practicing.

"you really have a soothing voice," baekhyun said. "i really wonder what made you stop singing."

"thank you for the compliment, hyung." he smiled. "i stopped because of someone."

"do you mind telling me?" baekhyun said softly.

chenle let out a chuckle and took a seat, as well as baekhyun.

"it was just someone who was always there every time i joined a singing contest, it was someone that was always there to support and cheer me up." he started. "but one time, he needed to leave. i don't even know why i can't join any singing contest again after he left. maybe because he was always there for me and i wasn't used that he was gone." he smiled.

"i feel you," baekhyun said and smiled.

"you used to be in love too, hyung?" chenle asked, eyes widened.

"of course," and he sassily moved his imaginary long hair. "and i can tell that trauma was in tall guys."

chenle suddenly laughed because of it, which made baekhyun let out a chuckle.

"i have an ex-boyfriend, he was a rapper and guitarist. he also used to be in a band in this university back then. he was also the reason why i was part of the music department." he started, smiling.

"why did you guys break up?" he asked curiously, frowning.

"he needed to leave too," he smiled. "we're almost perfect, even in music. i was a singer and he was a rapper. he loves me and he loves me too."

"but all the things we used to do with them suddenly stopped because they needed to leave," he continued. "they leave us."

chenle was just listening to him, he noticed that baekhyun's relationship is almost the same as him. jisung is also a rapper and chenle is a singer. their relationship is also perfect.

but someone needs to leave.

"he's actually jisung's brother."

and that made chenle's jaw drop.

jisung's brother? it must be chanyeol because jisung has only one brother, and as far as chenle's remember, he left because of some business to do outside the country.

"jisung is also tall and a rapper," baekhyun said and stood up. "i heard haechan shipping you to him, don't fall for it." he whispered.

chenle let out a chuckle as well as baekhyun, but he also took back everything he said and said it was just a joke. after that, baekhyun dismissed him since lunch was going to end already.

"le!"

he stopped on his tracks after hearing his name being called, he looked at it and there he saw jisung.

"hmm?" he responded as jisung stopped in front of him.

"dessert." and he handed the paper bag to him.

looking at it, his eyes widened after seeing that it was his favorite cake. he opened the paper bag and there he saw the slice of cake inside.

"oh my god, it's been a while since the last time i ate this!" he said happily.

"i heard that baekhyun hyung will limit you on the food you were eating so i bought your favorite." jisung said calmly.

"ji, this is so unexpected." he pouted. "thank you!" and he gave him a hug.

"ooh, our babies are having a moment..."

chenle suddenly pushed jisung away after hearing jeno's voice, the older one stopped in front of him, hands were on pocket, he was looking at each of them while smirking.

"what's the commotion here, hmm?" he asked teasingly.

"he just gave me a cake," and he showed me the paper bag.

"it tastes yummy!" jeno said. "can i get—"

"i'm gonna go now, i still have classes. bye, hyung. bye, ji!"

they watched the chinese male running across the hallway. jeno let out a chuckle before looking at the guy beside him. he had a smile on his face, lovingly watching the chinese male.

"yah," and he elbowed him.

"you just ruined our moment, hyung!" jisung whined as he stomped his feet.

"and if i didn't, a lot of students might see you two!" jeno said. "if you're gonna flirt with him, do it privately! i thought you don't want others to know about it?"

"tss, the hallway is empty though." he pouted and looked away.

"whatever," jeno said and rolled his eyes.

"you really skipped your class and lunch just to buy that piece of cake, huh?" he said again.

"i eat there, stop making up things." jisung said and rolled his eyes as the both of them started to walk.

didn't even realise that someone was listening to them from the corner.

"why don't you just ask him for a closure?" jeno asked, frowning.

"do you think it was easy?" he said. "i was the one who asked for a break up. i hurt him even though i don't want to."

"you know, you won't love and watch him from afar if you really tell him the truth." jeno said, letting out a sigh.

"you know how down i am at that time, do you think i still have time to think about those things?" and he rolled his eyes.

"you have a point though..." he nodded.

"why do we keep talking about mine?" jisung said, frowning. "how about we talk about yours?" he smirked.

"shut up," jeno hissed.

"how long are you gonna love him from afar?" jisung asked teasingly.

"you're also like that but i didn't question you many times." jeno said, looking away.

"at least chenle and i used to have a thing before, how about you?"

raising his eyebrow, both of them stopped from walking and a smirk on jisung's face widened. but it changed to laughter when jeno started to chase him.

class has finally ended, chenle is now making his way out of the campus with yangyang. the two are currently arguing like there's no tomorrow.

"chenle-ah!"

the two medtech students looked at the car that just stopped in front of them, the windows were open and jaemin was sitting in the passenger seat. chenle bent down a little to see the people inside. jisung in the driver seat and jeno in the backseat.

"let's go?" jaemin asked.

"renjun?" yangyang asked. "there's no renjun?"

"your baobao is not here." jaemin said, smirking. teasing him.

"i'm gonna go now, yang." chenle said as he tapped his shoulder.

"you don't even need to tell that." yangyang said and rolled his eyes.

chenle also rolled his eyes and hit yangyang's arm before he went inside the car, sitting at the backseat, beside jeno.

"what are you guys arguing about?" jeno asked as jisung started to drive.

"well, yangyang and i usually go home together. he picks me up and drives me home," he started. "and i was teasing him that maybe the reason why he wants to pick me up and drive me home now is because of renjun." he chuckled.

"i thought you guys were just friends?" jaemin asked.

"yeah?" chenle answered.

"then why did he pick you up and..." jaemin said, even though he didn't finish his words, chenle already knew it.

"i usually pay for his gas, that's why." he chuckled. "and that dude is whipped as heck to renjun. why do you guys always think that yangyang and i have a thing?"

"you guys act like that though."

a silence suddenly filled the car when jisung spoke, chenle felt his cheeks heating up because of that, that's why he immediately looked away.

"we're just friends, period." chenle said and cleared his throat.

going out of his room, chenle found nothing in the living room. even in the kitchen and dining. well, it's already late though and they might be inside their room now.

"getting hungry?"

he flinched as he heard a voice, he couldn't see him because he was covered by the fridge's door. slowly taking a peek, he saw jisung leaning against the wall.

"uh... yeah?" he answered.

"the cold is not good for you these days, it might weaken your voice." jisung said as he opened a cabinet and threw snacks on him.

"i just want to drink some... water." chenle said and closed the fridge.

"okay..." and he looked away.

chenle was about to open the fridge again but he saw jisung, he looked like he was hesitating about something.

"ji, are you... okay?" he asked.

"le, do you want to watch some movies?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

328K 15.1K 37
"excuse me what?! i cheated on who?!!" [ social media au + lowercase intended ] well let's just say that their friendship starts off on the wrong foo...
263K 13.4K 115
⭒ nct dream ↳ when you bring a bunch of chaotic people together in an app. ROYALJAEM。2020 ❜ !! chapter count may be high but most of them are extr...
47.7K 1.1K 43
Jisung is in a popular group named NCT with the other 23 members. When Renjun told him that he was searching for his long lost sister, Jisung and the...
16.3K 527 36
⤿❛𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘏𝘢𝘵𝘦, 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦, 𝘈𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳, 𝘓𝘶𝘴𝘵, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘴- 𝘓𝘖�...