Izuku Midoriya : The Reincarn...

By DummyWearingAHoodie

Devastated by the words of his idol All Might, the Number 1 Hero, Izuku Midoriya tries to end his life by tak... More

MC Bio & Quirk Entry
Chapter 1. Meeting Alex Mercer
Chapter 3. Training and Cleaning.
Chapter 4. Crossing Paths with a Hobo.
Chapter 5.1 Entrance Exams and Girls.
Chapter 5.2 Entrance Exams and Girls.
Chapter 6. First Day, Quirk Apprehension Test!
Chapter 7. Battle Trials: Clash of Childhood 'Friends'
Chapter 8. Green's Analysis.
Chapter 9. Class President and Infiltration?
Chapter 10. Villains!?
Chapter 11. Counterattack!
Chapter 12. Aftermath.. and Tendrils?!
Chapter 13. Declaration of War!
Chapter 14. Run, Catch and Win!
Chapter 15. Cavalry Battle and What?!
Chapter 16. The Talk.
Chapter 17. Third Round: Making Grape Juice
Chapter 18. Creating Comfort
Chapter 19. Your Power!
Chapter 20. The Rematch.
Chapter 21. Offers and Hero Names
Chapter 22. The Joys of Internship
Chapter 23. Cleaning up a Stain
Chapter 24. The Runaways
Chapter 25. Little White Blessing
Chapter 26. Himiko Toga
Chapter 27. Saving the Ice Queen and Princess
Chapter 28.1 Class 1A Versus Mercer!
Chapter 28.2 Class 1A Versus Mercer!
Chapter 29. Day in the Mall
Chapter 30. Summer Camp Experience
Chapter 31. Red Cap with Yellow Horns
Chapter 32. Chaos, Revenge, and Abduction.

Chapter 2. Waking up.. With a Quirk!

11.9K 223 255
By DummyWearingAHoodie

Previously...

"Wake up Izuku" 'Wait? Mom?! '

~~~~~~~~~~

Izuku can hear his mom calling him, pleading for him to wake up. Well, he was awake but for some reason he didn't opened his eyes and just listened to his mom's sobs. It made him feel guilty but he just out of reflex kept his eyes closed. 

Yes, every time his mom would cry back when he was diagnosed quirkless Izuku would keep his eyes close and wait for his mom to leave his room to cry himself to sleep. He can't help it. He can't stand seeing his mom's crying face, especially knowing he was the reason of her cries.

"I'll be waiting, sweetie. So please... Wake up, Izuku." He heard his mom cry to him before he felt her kissed his forehead. After that he heard footsteps walking away from him and a door opening then closing. Then there was only the sound of liquid dropping in a bag and a beeping sound coming from a device close to where he was. There he realized that he was in a hospital.

He wanted to open his eyes but another sudden rush of memories flow into his head and it hurt as hell. He once again inwardly cursed Alex for not warning him about the pain. It feels like he was messing with him.

As the pain slowly subsided he saw Alex's past, how Alex got his powers. From how he woke up from the dead in a morgue up to the moment when Heller slashed him again and again until he was no longer breathing. 'Damn his brutal'

With the pain gone he felt tired like he had been running a marathon and going back to the starting line to restart the race for 10 more tries. He chose that moment of tiredness to fall asleep he'll just wake up by tomorrow.

------------------------------------------------------

NEXT DAY~~

It has been a week since Inko received a call from the hospital that Izuku was took in after falling off a building. It broke her to think that her son would try to end his own life. She almost flooded the whole hospital for crying looking at Izuku's bandaged body. But she couldn't blame her son knowing that he had been in pain after all the pain, mockery and discrimination he received from his peers. If it wasn't for the Mitsuki, Katsuki's mother, she would never stop crying.

As to why Mitsuki was also in the hospital is because Katsuki was also admitted in for a completely different reason. The same day Izuku jump off the building, Katsuki was attacked by a Sludge Villain that almost killed him if it wasn't for All Might who was passing by.

To be honest, Inko didn't gave a shit about Katsuki after she found out that he was the one who tormented her son and she was glad that he was attacked by the villain. Karma is a bitch. But she never said that out loud since Katsuki's mom is her best friend, also since he's Izuku's childhood friend, well at least that's what she thought.

She was walking through the hospital's corridor as she remembered the moment where she apologized to Izuku when he asked her if she can be a hero like All Might. She regretted the words that came out of her mouth and she knew that those same words broke her son's heart which made their relationship to crumble. And because of those word Izuku had grew distant towards her.

Inko can admit that she was not really supportive on Izuku's dream and she wished that she had. If she had told Izuku that he can become a hero like All Might, her son wouldn't be as distant and secretive as he is now. She just wants her son to be safe but she hurt her son's feelings because of that. She wished that she could turn back time so that she could change her answer on her son's question.

But there is one thing to that. She can't. She can't change the fact that she didn't believed and supported her son's dream of becoming a hero. She could change the fact that she broke her son's heart and may have caused him to jump off the rooftop. She just hoped that Izuku would be able to forgive him. Izuku...

As she enters her son's hospital room, she froze on her tracks on what she saw. 

Izuku.. is awake. Sitting up looking outside the window, his looked like his deep in thought.

"I-Izuku." she shakily called out to her son. Izuku looked at her direction and at that moment she saw her son looked the same but looked different at the same time. He was giving off a different calm and mysterious aura with the same passion. She teared up when her son just looked at her eyes and smiled brightly. After jumping off a building, her son just smiled like it was nothing. Like it was all a dream. Like it never happened.

"Hey Mom. Good Morning." Izuku said giving her mom a bright smile. "How long hav-- woah!" he was cut off when his mom tackled him into a bone crushing hug.

"I-Izuku!! I'm so s-sorry. I'm Sorry I didn't believed in you... I'm sorry you jumped off a building.. I'm sorry I can't give you a quirk!" Inko sobbed in her son's chest as she hugged him tightly like it was the end of the world. Before she could continue she felt Izuku's arms wrapped around her, hugging her back which made her sob more.

Izuku didn't said anything and just comforted her mom. When Inko stopped crying, he chose that moment to speak. Honestly, he was still upset of how unsupportive his mom had been. But he knew that he can't stand his mom. Supportive or not, she is still his mom. She will be and will always be the person who love him even in his quirkless condition.

"It's okay, Mom. I understand. I've forgiven you a long time ago." Izuku pats his mom's back making her look at him. "I understand why you said those words and I can't blame you. I'll admit I was upset of what you said and hoped that you should've at least supported me instead of apologizing for the thing you can't control." he wiped a tear that was falling on her cheek and looked at her directly in the eyes and smiled softly. "It's all in the past, all we can do is move forward." Yup, he couldn't stand her. He loved her too much to be upset.

Inko hugged her son even closer and cried for a couple of minutes. She calmed herself  and that's the time the doctor came in to check on Izuku. "Oh. Looks like your awake." the doctor looked at Izuku who bowed slightly and gave him a smile. He then looked at Inko who broken up from the hug and gave her attention to the doctor. "Good thing you're here Mrs. Midoriya. I was about to call you about the tests results of Young Izuku here." he said as he walked closer to the Midoriyas stopping  a few feet from the pair.

"As I said from our conversation last week, it is a miracle that he survived that fall considering that he fell from a building taller than Mt. Lady in her Quirk Form. And what surprised us as well is when the medic went to the place where your son landed, they were shocked to see your son in a crater with only having minor injuries and a couple of broken bones." the doctor said shocking both Izuku and Inko. 

Izuku, because he was sure he would have more injuries but maybe it's because of his new quirk. Inko, because she didn't know that her son created a crater upon landing. 'A c-crater?'

The doctor then opened a folder and looked at its contents before looking back at the Midoriyas. "We have made some tests two days ago. And the results are unimaginable. It shows that even after what happened to your son we saw no sign of the injuries and you said that he's quirkless?" Inko nodded while Izuku just stayed quiet. "Well you see after some tests and x-rays, we found an extra toe joint on your both off your son's feet but the DNA tests found an anomaly in his body mass."

"So you mean.." Inko said and unconsciously held Izuku's hands which hold hers as well, comforting her. 'Does Izu--' her thought was cut off as the doctor continued, seemingly reading her mind.

"Yes Mrs. Midoriya. After the fall, I believe your son developed a quirk. An interesting one if you ask me." the doctor said making Inko tear up once more. 

She looked at Izuku, who was coincidentally looking at her with a look that made her think that he knew he had developed a quirk. He then gave her a smile, a smile that she last saw 10 years ago. Before she could ask her son the last words that the doctor registered in her mind. 'An interesting one if you ask me?' She looked back to the doctor. 

"What do you mean 'An interesting one'?" she asked the doctor who gave her a serious look."

Well you see Mrs. Midoriya, your son's quirk is quite similar to a certain person's ability that had happened in the Pre-Quirk Era," the doctor paused and flipped a page in the file and gave it to Inko, who took it and analyzed the page. 

There she saw old documents that may look like centuries old now. She saw 3 pictures. First is a picture of a man in a hood who was lying in a stretcher with blood all over his leather jacket. The second picture shows the same man flying or gliding in the air releasing what looks to be red gas or fluid out of his hands and feet. And lastly, a picture of the same man carrying a taxi cab on both his arms with black mass/tendrils covering his arms. 

"That man is Alex Mercer, AKA The Prototype. He is known for his codename: Zeus, and he is known to be a carrier of the 'Blacklight Virus', the same virus that caused a pandemic in Manhattan in the year 2009. He is known to manipulate his body mass to enhance his physical capabilities and gives him an arsenal of weapons that came in a form of Claws, Blades, Giant Fists and a whip like hand. With these weapons and abilities, he was able to defeat infected abominations and even withstand a nuclear explosion." The last sentence caused the Midoriyas jaws to drop. No one, even All Might can't walk away from a nuclear explosion. "However, after the explosion he had disappeared with no trace. Rumors says that he was defeated by a person named James Heller, another person with the same abilities. But we are not sure if those are true..." before the doctor can continue Izuku chose the moment to talk.

"U-uhm.. That rumor is actually true... He was defeated by James Heller." he said nervously getting a look from both the doctor and Inko. He took a deep breath and continued. "Alex Mercer... Fought and was defeated by James Heller by absorbing him to get his powers and memories. Heller absorbed him to destroy all the infected creatures that were causing destruction all around Manhattan to save humanity." He finished releasing his breath that he never knew he was holding. Izuku waited for the doctor's questions but it was his mother that talked.

 "I-Izu, H-how do you know that?" Inko asked her son still confused about the information. She then saw Izuku looked at her and gave her a soft smile.

"It's because I'm the reincarnation of Alex Mercer. I was Alex Mercer in the past." he said raising his hands channeling his the 'Blacklight Virus' through his hands. Both Inko and the doctor looked at his hand and wide eyed when black thin tendrils began to sprout out of his palms and wrapped around his fingers, hands, and arm. His whole arm then turned grey with a bulky, stone texture. "If you're asking how I know it is because I talked to him." he said while flexing his finger while retracting his hands back to its normal form. He looked back his mom and doctor who are still looking shocked about this new feat. He shrugged. "I'll explain how I talked to him..."

After Izuku told them the conversation with Alex Mercer while leaving out the reason why he jumped off the building. He might hate All Might by saying he can't be a hero without a quirk, but Izuku was not that vengeful to talk about the hero's actions to make the two adults' thoughts about the hero change. When he finished telling the story to the adults in the room, they were giving him surprised and shocked looks. And he couldn't blame them. He was shocked and surprised himself.

"Fascinating.. This is an extremely rare case of quirk developing through soul merging with your past self. Well, to be honest your case is the first." the doctor said while jotting down notes on a notepad. "With Alex Mercer's soul merging to yours, you get his abilities while eliminating the complications of having the Blacklight Virus as it mutates with your DNA transforming it into a Quirk with a less damaging drawback. Speaking of which, what are its drawbacks?" the doctor asked Izuku who started to think. Before he could talk, they all heard a loud growling sound and Izuku began to blush. The doctor gave him a warm chuckle. "It looks like it uses the food you eat and your stamina as fuel."

 "Y-Yeah, I guess I am little hungry and tired right now." Izuku said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his head. It's true he is starving and tired. The doctor just chuckled and walked towards the door.

"I'll call for some protein-based food for you replenish the hunger and fatigue your feeling. I will also give your mom a simple recipe for a protein bar for you." he paused as he reached the door and looked back. "You have a strong quirk, Young Izuku. You are basically immortal with the hyper regeneration and durability of yours. Easily rivalling All Might's quirk. If not stronger. I hope you use it properly and responsibly because with a quirk like that you can become the greatest hero that you wanted to be." said the doctor as he exited the door. Izuku felt proud as his quirk can rival or even be better than All Might's.

He felt overjoyed when the doctor said that he can be a hero. Now that he had a quirk he can prove himself to those who made fun of him and doubted his dream, especially Katsuki and All Might.

He unconsciously clenched his fist at the thought of those two. He would love to see the faces of those two once he used his quirk in front of them. But he can't for some reason. He doesn't want to show them that he had developed a quirk. He doesn't want to end up like Katsuki; arrogant, reckless, crude and has a freaking ego as tall as Mt. Lady. He wanted to be himself. A hero that will be there when you needed and will save you with a smile. He knew he can and will be a hero. He was cut off from his thoughts as his mom held his hand and gave him a teary smile.

"The doctor was right, Izu." she said as she sniffed. "With your quirk you can be the hero you wished to become. Again, I'm sorry for not believing in you. To make up for it, I will support you in my best abilities." she said hugging Izuku which returned the hug. She felt happy for her son. She would do her best to be the supportive mother she was once 10 years ago.

"Thanks mom! I will do my best to make you proud. I will become the hero that will help and protect people with a smile." Izuku said "Like what the doctor said, I'm gonna use this quirk properly and responsibly. And to become a hero, I need to enter the entrance exam in UA." his mom nodded at him and placed her hands on his face.

"Yes, The entrance exam is in 8 and a half months. You still have time to train and practice your quirk.. By the way, what will you name your quirk? We need to update your quirk registry." Inko asked Izuku curious on what he would name his quirk.

Izuku thought for a second then smile and looked at his mom. "I'll call it Blacklight."

Time skip ~~~

QUIRK ENTRY:

Name: Izuku Midoriya

Birthdate: July 15

Age: 14 years old

Gender: Male

Height: 171 cm(5'7")

Hair Color: Green

Eye Color: Green

Blood Type: O

Quirk: Blacklight (Transformer/Mutation Quirk) - Formerly Blacklight Virus, allows the user to manipulate and control the density of his body mass. User will have enhanced strength, speed, durability, stamina, regeneration and immunity to all known diseases. Due to user's ability to manipulate his body mass, user can create different weapons for combat purposes.

Other Abilities:

Glide - user changes the density of his boy that allows user to travel in mid-air through gliding, used to bridge gaps between buildings or to reach airborne enemies.

Sensory Powers & Thermal Vision - user gains the ability to sense the surroundings using his enhanced senses and thermal vision helps user to locate enemies through their body temperature.

Wallcrawling/Wallrunning - user channels biomass into his palms and feet, then he crawls/run onto walls.

Blade(short range) - user summons a long blade on his right hand. Allows user to cut and slice through even the toughest armor quirk/vehicles.

Claws(short range) - users transforms his/her hands into deadly, sharp edged claw.

Musclemass(short range) - transforms both user's arms into grey, stone-textured musclemass that allows the user increase melee damage twofold and increases the speed of every strike. Theory: With proper training user will possible upgrade Musclemass into Tendrils (James Heller's Ability).

Hammerfist(short range) - user trades speed for power, shifts biomass to user's forearms to allow deadly, heavy area-effect attack, crush and shatter armored vehicles.

Shield(short range) - allows user to create a shield on his forearm into a durable shield that absorbs damage on impact, preserving user's health completely - until it breaks.

Whipfist(mid-long range) - user transforms one arm into a thin, flexible, blade-edged arm that can be used to attack at excellent range or whip through entire crowds of villains.

Armor - alternative to shield, where user covers his whole body into dense biomass for protection from explosives and gunfire.

Consume & Disguise - unlike Alex Mercer's full body consumption, user only need blood to consume, where user will be able to copy the DNA structure of the owner of blood and replicate it to be able to 'disguise' user into the owner of the blood consumed. Theory: User may be able to not only copy the appearance of the person but also the quirk of the user.

Devastator - a super attack that causes a massive area damage to their surroundings at the cost of user's stamina and hunger. Different Devastators in every weapon used. (Advise to self: Do not use move in a narrow space or near civilians.)

Pack Leader (Still in work) - user uses a third of his stamina to summon large humanoid attack dogs to fight along side him.

Izuku closed his hero journal after writing his own entry. It's been three days after his talk with the doctor and his mom. After the talk, Izuku and Inko went to register his quirk and to say that the doctor who told him he can't be a hero was surprised was an understatement. The doctor bowed to him while repeatedly apologizing for not thinking before talking. Izuku was happy that the doctor apologized and he forgave him and asked a request to not inform the school principal that he had developed a quirk. The doctor was confused at first but did so nonetheless. Then after that, both mom and son went how and celebrate by eating his favorite dish, Katsudon.

Remembering that last one put a smile on Izuku's face. He felt happy looking at his notebook but after a minute he opened his notebook and ripped off his Quirk Entry and put it in a small box for two reasons. First, is to prevent it from getting destroyed like his last notebook courtesy of on Katsuki Bakugo. And the other reason is to prevent Bakugo from taking his notebook and finding out he had a quirk. Him having a quirk will make the pomeranian explode, figuratively and literally. Not that he's scared of getting hurt for hiding his quirk. It's just that he doesn't owe his former friend an explanation and he doesn't owe him anything.

Speaking of Bakugo, he kinda stopped bothering Izuku. Since the day after the quirk registry. 

FLASHBACK~~~

That morning he went back to school and was surprised that none of his classmates had made fun of him as he entered that classroom. They just looked at him as he entered and went back to what they were doing. It didn't surprised him because the hospital had informed the school about his 'accident' (but not his quirk). So they probably don't want to cause trouble to since he just got out of the hospital and began wary of Izuku since he gain a growth spurt, easily rivalling Bakugo's height.

Izuku just shrugged off the attention (or the lack off) to his return and went straight to his seat and started to write the lessons the class had in his absence. It was 15 minutes before the bell when Bakugo and his lackeys enter the classroom. Izuku knew Bakugo entered because for one the whole class began quiet all of a sudden and two that he can feel the blonde's aura/rage directed at him.

If he was the same quirkless Izuku that he was weeks ago,he would began shaking and stuttering just feeling the blonde's aura. But after merging with his past self, Alex Mercer, he felt calm, confident and reserved. He felt that not only Mercer's soul had merged but also his personality, though the muttering is still there but he is working on it. So that's why he just ignored the killing intent directed at him and continued writing the on his notebook.

Bakugo to his part looked pissed off when he saw that 'Deku' didn't even show any reaction to the killing intent that he was giving. And to him it looked like Deku didn't even acknowledged the fact that he was even there. This enraged the blond and started stumping his way towards the greenette's seat. 

He stood in front of Deku and was about to blast him using the explosion that started popping on the palm of his hands when the green haired boy started to talk. "Trying to use your quirk on me again Bakugo? I wouldn't do that if I were you." Izuku calmly said still writing on his notebook, making everyone in the class tense with the different tone in his voice. Not to mention the lack of stuttering, shaking and 'Kacchan' in his words.

However that didn't stopped Bakugo from scowling. "WHAT DID YOU SAY YOU QUIRKLESS NERD?!!" he screamed making the whole class minus Izuku flinch of its volume. Not getting a response, he then grabbed Izuku on the collar of his uniform "WANNA SAY THAT TO ME AGAIN, DEKU!!!!?" He said yanking the greenette closer to him so that he would be face to face with Deku just to see the nerd not even reacting to his actions which pissed him off even more. Before he could attack the greenette, Izuku raised his head calmly and glanced at his palms that was popping with tiny explosions and looked back at Bakugo straight in the eye. 

The eye contact made the ash blond teen's spine shiver and felt uneasy as he looked at Deku's eyes that was missing the fear and nervousness it had the last time they talked. Hence, it had the look of calmness, confidence and indifference. 

"I said, 'trying to use your quirk on me again? I wouldn't do that if I were you'." calmly said the boy who was now standing straight making Bakugo's eyes widen as he realized that Deku was now as tall as him. Izuku then grabbed his hand that was on the collar of his uniform and gripped it making the blond wince for the strength the 'quirkless nerd' is putting on his hand. "Since using Quirks in public is illegal. I'm sure you are aware of that law, since you're the 'Best Student'. After all, you wouldn't want UA to find out that you use your Quirk in public and let alone hurt and threaten a classmate. I would see your name getting blacklisted from U.A, heck maybe in all the hero schools here in Japan. Wouldn't want your 'clean' record get marked, would you 'Kacchan'?" he said which made the explosive teen pale and loosen his grip on Deku's collar as he let go of Bakugo's hand. Izuku looked around and saw the shocked faces of all of his classmates, even their homeroom teacher was shocked hearing the once 'nervous' boy's words. That made Izuku smirk inwardly and took a seat and went back to writing as the bell rung, indicating the start of homeroom.

FLASHBACK END~~~

After that, it seems that Bakugo had stop attacking him. But that never stop the blond from throwing insults about his quirklessness and how he is still a 'Deku'. He also told him to not apply to U.A. since he said that 'no quirkless Deku will become a hero', which of course he ignored enraging the blonde.

Izuku didn't really care what the blond said and to be honest he didn't even want to waste time on the blond since he needs to train his new developed quirk, Blacklight, to get a hang of it once again as he was as Alex Mercer. 

He was currently laying on his bed staring at his walls that are unsurprisingly lacking too much All Might posters. After he was discharged from the hospital, he removed most of All Might posters and action figures still feeling bitter about his idol breaking his heart. There only leaving a single All Might action figure in his Silver Age Costume along with couple of action figures of Endeavor, Thirteen, Best Jeanist and Edgeshot. His wall that were once filled with All Might posters now contain rock bands from the Pre-Quirk era that Alex likes to listen to like Linkin Park and paintings that he created when he got home. The All Might themed carpet and curtain are now changed into simple yet nice to look at carpets with a red and grey color scheme same goes for his curtains.

Looking around he felt contented by the new look of his room and went back to looking at his phone as he was searching for a place where quirk usage is allowed. He could try at the school gym since quirks are allowed there, however he wasn't planning to show them, especially Bakugo that he wasn't quirkless anymore. Not until he entered U.A. for the Entrance Exam that is.

He can't try in his house since he knew that his quirk is more destructive than those explosions that Bakugo releases. So he had no choice but to find a place to train and practice his quirk so that he would do decently and hopefully cause as little damage as his quirk tend to uncontrollable, looking at the doorknob that he broke. Twice. As he swiped up and down for locations that allow quirk usage, he spots a place not far from his house. 

'Dagobah Municipal Beach Park, huh?'

A/N Chapter 2 done!! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. Writing this chapter while having a massive headache. Next chapter will be focus more on Izuku's training to gain better control and expertise on the Blacklight Virus. It will be posted not long this week. :)

BYEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. You guys can freely correct me in any details I forget regarding the other characters and story. I'll be glad to get some help. Also, in this story Izuku will have a harem. I don't know how many but all I know is Momo and Mina are already in the harem. I'm also thinking of Pony Tsunotori, Itsuka Kendo, Kyoka Jiro and maybe Himiko Toga.. You are freely to suggest who you guys want to be in the harem.

OKAY BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 11.2K 41
A my hero academia fan fiction where All Might didn't lose the slime monster... and Izuku, dreams freshly crushed, decides to help in a way even a "q...
1.3M 42K 21
"Take a swan dive off a building, you might have a quirk in your next life." Katsuki laughed maliciously. Izuku had finally had it, that was the last...
423K 11.1K 37
Izuku Midoriya was out on a walk one day when he discovered an injured man. This injured man happened to be All Might himself who had just been fight...
57.1K 1K 11
Izuku lost everything the moment he was declared quirkless He lost his mother,father's love and was neglected and abused by them His friends left him...