ELVEN | K.TH

By Kuribee126

The forests behind Rinei's home hold rumors of beautiful creatures. Many have gone in to find them, but none... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
60
61
62: ENDING

59

800 82 3
By Kuribee126

RINEI

Okay.

This is kinda awkward.

"I checked that room earlier." Tae hisses, and I laugh forcefully, trying to act as nonchalant as possible.

"Were you hiding from me?"

"Of course not." I say, making an innocent expression. "I think it was just a series of unfortunate coincidences, Tae. Like I went to the kitchen to grab some drinks, and you probably came in at that time, you know? And then I went to play a board game—"

My voice stutters to a halt when he draws closer, hand clasping around the back of my head. His hand is so large that his fingertips nearly touch my cheek.

His eyes slowly widen.

"Ah, really?"

I swallow.

"...really."

"Wait, isn't it night though?" I pipe up all of a sudden, trying to change the topic. "How is V still in there?"

"He let me." Tae murmurs, his eyes still fixed on mine. "So I could find you."

My voice rises in an excitement I forget to hide.

"He let you?! Really?"

His eyes narrow.

And I instantly cough, changing my expression.

"I mean, I'm just surprised, you know." I say weakly, sniffing. "Because only friends would really let each other do that, right? And you guys are always hating each other. So...So did something change or what?"

His lips suddenly curve in a quick smile that makes my heart rush a little faster.

"Rinei, you're terrible at this."

And a furious blush starts to tint my cheeks as he slips a hand around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest. I feel his lips against my neck.

My mouth purses as I squeak.

"I just wanted for you guys to be friends, you know. Is that really too much to ask—"

"You didn't completely fail, then."

I look up. And I'm about to mutter out another shocked Really when he clasps my mouth in a soft kiss. I feel my breaths turn quicker— the room is dim, full of the seductive auras of night.

It had been a long time since I'd been with Taehyung during a time this late.

And it was hard to do anything during the day, when he was always so busy. It hadn't felt the same.

But now...

He lifts me up on his lap, eyes slit. I can tell that he must feel the same— I can tell, from the urgency of his touch. His gaze burns with a dark heat that takes my breath away.

I want him so badly.

"You just grow more beautiful with every passing day," He whispers, between hushed gasps as we kiss. "I missed you. Every second that I've been away."

"I think I may have missed you too much, Rinei."

I straddle his waist, tightening my hold around him. His fingertips glide over the line of my shirt, loosening the silken ties on the back. My hands are already under his.

"You're always so busy." I say quietly, with a tinge of disappointment. "You know I've already gone through half the library and all fifteen board games with Jungkook?"

He laughs under his breath.

"I'm sorry."

And I'm about to tell him that it's okay when my words cut off into a soft moan. I rock into his body, and he grasps the curves of my shoulders. I hear him echo a pressed groan, full of pleasure.

He had made a mark.

"Tae!"

"Sorry," He repeats, a little sheepishly. Heat blooms on my cheeks when he tilts his head to the side, showing the tender, golden skin of his neck.

"Your turn?"

I can't believe him.

But then I already find myself leaning forward, palms pressing into his chest and my lips on his throat.

________________________________

I wake up to the slight sensation of the bed shifting.

There's a low gleam of sunlight seeping into the room, lighting the walls a pale gold. My eyelids feel so heavy from last night.

I turn my head lazily, to see Taehyung raising himself from the bed. He has his face turned away from me— instead he's looking towards the window, where the curtains are slightly pulled back. It's showing the sunrise.

A faint, sleepy smile tints my lips.

He's so cute.

"Tae." I murmur to myself as I sit upwards on the edge of the bed. He doesn't seem to notice me at all until I get all the way behind him.

I throw my arms around his neck, burying myself in his chest with a tight hug. Then I press a soft kiss on his cheek before looking up into his eyes.

"Did you sleep we—"

My mouth drops open as the dark, golden eyes that stare back at mine glitter dangerously.

Wait.

This isn't Tae.

This is...

"V?!"

I instantly stumble backwards, flushing a deep scarlet with pure embarrassment as he tilts his head in amusement, brushing his fingertips over the place I'd kissed him.

He looks pleased. Really pleased.

"Good morning, love."

"H-H-How..."

Now I'm wide awake as I point to him in shock. I'd never seen V during this time. It had always been Tae in the mornings like this, after the first gleam of sunrise.

"He took my night, so he let me have his day."

Ohh.

That did make sense.

I laugh awkwardly, clapping my hands together with a wide, forced smile.

I'd just kissed V on the cheek.

"T-That's just terrific." I say, trying to sound excited. "You guys have really become friends now, then! This is really great. Very wonderful."

"Sorry for— for that." I say, waving my hand at his face.

I expect him to smirk. It's usually what he'd do, if something like this happened. But instead he shrugs his shoulders lightly, pressing his lips together and turning towards the door.

"It's fine."

"Enjoy the rest of your morning, Queen."

I blink. "What are you planning to do?"

He hesitates, pausing in his tracks. But he just murmurs an uncertain I don't know, not looking back at me.

It was his first time being out in daylight like this.

"I can show you some wonderful places you can't really see at night," I suggest, thinking of a couple spots already. "Like the marketplace, maybe. There's some great shops—"

"It's fine."

His voice is a little tense. And I sense the coldness in them too— like he was back to the V at the very first night we'd met.

I stutter. "Oh, I mean...okay."

He leaves.

Was he mad at me?

My arms cross together in confusion. I tap my feet against the floor, trying to think of when I could've possibly made V angry.

But I can't really think of anything.

Maybe because of last night?

I sigh heavily.

I didn't know.

_______________________________

It's past noon.

And I know he'd basically told me he didn't want me around.

But how was I supposed to ignore him the way he wanted me to when he was looking all sad and lonely by himself down by the lake? He'd been sitting there since morning, almost motionless against the oak tree he has his back against.

I sigh, pulling at my cloak.

Then I pick up my basket, letting it hang on my forearm. I'd been about to go down to the marketplace, to look around for snacks and cakes for my brother's birthday.

I take another glance at him.

You've got to be joking.

Pursing my lips, I slip the hood of my cloak off. Then I make my way down the grassy hillside, towards the edge of the circular lake. I'm not trying to exactly stay quiet, and he must hear me.

But he doesn't open his eyes until I'm standing right above him.

"Hey."

I tap his shoulder.

A part of me thinks that he'll be Tae again, when he opens his eyes. But the narrow, catlike glance is definitely V, and I sniff quietly.

"Come on."

He breathes.

"...what?"

"Quit moping around." I say, pointing at the sun high in the sky. "You've been sitting here for hours. Get up— you can help me buy some stuff if you're not going to do anything."

He suddenly laughs.

Laughs.

"I don't think you understand."

"I don't need to or want to understand." I snap. Then I grip his sleeve, tugging him up to his feet. He lets me pull him up, after a while of struggling and cursing.

"It's your first daytime."

"Might as well make yourself useful, hm?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 15.7K 55
She didn't know where she was but that place felt like home. She didn't know how? Or why? But it just did, and surprisingly she was happy to call th...
399K 22.5K 68
BTS JUNGKOOK X READER "You are hot." "Angels and demons? Are you still living in those fairy tales?" Well, this would be the exact reply that I would...
1.8K 84 21
"Y/n was a little girl..afraid of the big wide world..she grew up within her castle walls..now and then she tried to run, ending on the night with a...
643 14 11
𝘈𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘺/𝘯'𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘥, 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘬, 𝘴𝘩𝘦...