A YEAR WITH THE BILLIONAIRE

By Eaglewoman20

Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
THE END

CHAPTER 51

46.4K 1.7K 64
By Eaglewoman20

Isabella's POV

Gabriel's home is beautiful and big but nowhere compared to Jayden's. There is a big pool in the front yard which has me swaying in amazement.

The moment Gabriel parks the car in the driveway, he breaks the heavy silence that has been between us since we left Jayden's mansion.

"I am curious, you know?" He says casually as he opens the door of the car. He climbs down and I do the same.

When he comes around to the other side, he stands in front of me. 

He is indeed curious. 

"I don't think you and my wife are friends and I'm surprised that you asked to come here of all places", he mentions and I shrug without a word.

There is no need to tell him what I am here for. I came here to see both of them. Now that he is also here, I should see them together. Sabrina might not know everything but I'm sure Gabriel has the answers to everything.

He notices I am not saying anything so he sighs and sags his shoulders down in resignation.

"Go on inside", he points to the front door. "I will be back to pick you up in two hours."

I remember Jayden told him to keep an eye on me. Is Gabriel trusting me not to run away?

"Gabriel?" I call, stopping him from going back to the driver's seat. He stops and turns back slowly to look at me. "Please wait. I came here to talk to you both."

His forehead furrows in confusion for a while. "You came here to talk to Sabrina and me?" I nod. "What for?"

I know it sounds unbelievable but I know what I am doing and what I came here for. Sabrina and I can become friends but not now.

I don't say anything so he nods and walks past me towards the front door. I quickly follow, not having the chance to admire the courtyard.

The door opens from behind and we both enter. The butler bows in greeting and I smile in reply.

We walk for several minutes till we get to the living room. There are no maids all over like there are in Jayden's place.

Gabriel points to the couch. "You can sit here while I get her."

"Who do we have here?" We hear Sabrina's voice coming from the staircase and she appears in a maternity gown.

I roll my eyes, making an effort not to laugh. She is just a month pregnant if I am not mistaken because the belly isn't protruding yet and she is already wearing a maternity gown.

I won't be surprised if she wears pregnant pants tomorrow either.

I chuckle within me while she goes into her husband's arms.

"How is the baby?"

"Stubborn just like his father", she replies with her hands around his head. I watch them for a while till an unconscious smile creeps to my face. When they pull away, I quickly wipe it off.

"Isabella?" Sabrina comes to me. She slouches to the next couch and faces me. "I can't believe you are here, how are you?"

"I am fine," I reply, smiling.

"How is Jayden now? I hope he is fine?" She demands while Gabriel takes another seat too.

"He has gone home already", he informs his wife and she gasps before looking at me again.

"Is that true?"

"Yes."

I don't want us to talk about anything else but the reason why I am here. Before I can mention that to Sabrina, Gabriel beats me to it.

"Isabella is here to talk to us both about something. I have no idea what it is", he says to her and she looks confused.

"Is everything ok?" Sabrina inquiries from me and I nod, a lump getting stuck in my throat for no reason.

I am extremely terrified.

I didn't give this idea much thought before coming here. I was supposed to make sure that Sabrina was alone and not with her husband so we could talk freely.

I really have no idea why I am uncomfortable now when I personally asked Gabriel to wait behind.

Will they find answers to my questions? What if they don't know?

Sabrina's hands touch mine and I jerk upright, our eyes interlocking. I can see the look of concern in her expression. "Is everything ok?"

I nod and swallow hard. I exhale deeply and open my mouth. "I'm here to find some answers. First, I want to know who Helena is", I blurt out as fast as I can.

When the words are out, I breathe out a sigh of relief.

Sabrina glances at her husband whose face is expressionless before her hands leave mine. Gabriel avoids my gaze and Sabrina leans backward on the couch.

This is when I know that Sabrina must know something about this too. Maybe Gabriel had told her when she wanted to matchmake her friend with Jayden. Is that why they didn't work?

"Gabriel, please I really need to know. I can't continue staying there with him without knowing what he wants to hear and what he doesn't want to hear. I am not just here to marry him and get divorced in a year. I want to help him. I know he loves her but I want to be sure my assumptions are right and also to find out what happened and where I can find her. We need to bring them back together. Jayden needs her now more than ever. I am not the one he needs."

Silence creeps in, except for the loud pounding of my heart.

They are not looking at me, their heads are bowed. 

What is happening?

"Gabriel…."

"She is dead", he announces and it takes a while for it to process in my head. I almost think he is talking about someone else but he can't possibly be doing that. Right now, he isn't the playful Gabriel I know. He is damn serious.

"What?!" I exclaim in disbelief. 

"Helena is dead. Jayden doesn't need her, you are the one he needs."

"He still loves her", I say. "I thought I could help him by bringing them together again."

Silence falls again and tears spring to my eyes. This is it. This is the ugly past he is trying to hide. Is there more to this?

I can already feel his pain. The pain of losing someone you love. Just like I lost my parents too. It was painful. I was in agony for years. It wasn't easy to move on so quickly. I kept holding onto the past, not believing that they are gone forever.

It took me years to understand what death really meant. It means I would never see them again in flesh. It means we would never do things together again. It means we would never be able to reciprocate our love for each other again. It means we would never be able to smile or laugh together again.

It means a lot.

The reality crashed on me heavily like a bulldozer and I almost gave up the ghost that night when it dawned on me that my parents were gone forever, never to be seen again.

Even after I survived that night, I cried to bed every night. I walk lifelessly in the daytime. Everything I do reminds me of them but the hope of seeing them again was gone because reality had taken over.

It was so hard to live with the pain.

This is the exact thing Jayden is going through. This is why he doesn't want to be married. This is why he is inflicting pain on himself. And this is why he can never fall in love with another woman.

"Helena was his fiancee", Gabriel begins and I quickly look up to meet his gaze. "She was the replica of a virtuous woman. She was kind, beautiful, sweet, and generous. Everyone loved her except Jayden's mother because of Helena's simplicity and anti-social lifestyle. She didn't bother about her mother-in-law's supposed hatred for her. She visits them every week, helps the maids with the house chores, and even presents gifts to her mother-in-law and father-in-law."

"But there was one other problem", he points out. "She didn't want Jayden to follow the path of his father. She hated Jayden's guts and desire to deal with his rivals. He was going to be the Mafia Leader but Helena was against it. They argued a month into their wedding and she left the house that night. Jayden's arrogance didn't let him follow her immediately after she left. She was mad at him and she was driving at a high speed. After a while when he was calm, he called me and asked me to please check her in her apartment but she wasn't there. I told him and he became worried. She searched everywhere until we saw her lying lifelessly on the road leading to her house from Jayden's place. She was still alive when we got there but she couldn't say anything to Jayden. The hurt was still in her eyes when she gave up the ghost."

Tears are already pouring down my eyes.

"She died with his baby in her womb", he concludes and a sob escapes my mouth.

"Oh my God! No!" I cry out, imagining how hard it must have been for Jayden to forget what happened and forgive himself.

Tears flow freely from my eyes at the wild imaginations in my head. He must have been traumatized. They didn't get to reconcile their differences before she passed on. It must have been so hard for him.

I didn't know. 

I didn't know she was dead. I didn't know there was more to his hatred of children. I didn't know he was more broken than I can imagine but now I know.

Now I know what the problem is and where it is coming from and I believe I have the solution to the problem.

As soon as Gabriel gets up to leave the living room, I know he must be feeling emotional too in remembrance of that horrible and traumatizing night.

I watch him walk away and his wife pulls me in for a hug.

I begin to cry all over again for my ignorance and the recent awareness of what happened to Jayden in the past.

****

Isabella now knows about his past? What do you think she is going to do? If you were in her shoes, what will you do?

Vote and don't forget to comment your thoughts.

See you tomorrow!

💓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 19.2K 55
[Book One of the You Series] "Rules are meant to be broken, aren't they?" he whispered among my gasps. * Isabella Grace Greene. Brown Eyes, Chestnut...
4.1K 181 20
"Stay away from me, don't talk to me except if it is about my son or about something very important. And lastly don't fall in love with me" he said "...
398K 15.8K 35
#2 in Romance 16/12/2016 #2 ambivalent love series #2 romance12/12/2016 Sequel to Tempting the Billionaire Book1 Sebastian has gotten the help he...
208K 7.7K 55
"where are you going?" I asked him "she needs me I have to go, I'll be back soon" "it's our marriage day Mason. We are about to take our...