aftermath: life debt | the ba...

By pacificbIues

"You're in life debt. This is only the beginning of the aftermath." A few months after the final battle of Ka... More

introduction
━━ act one: clone force 99
character aesthetics
prologue: the pykes
i. lost in battle
ii. doomed reality
iii. remnants of the separatists
iv. false hope
v. a spark of light
vi. united
vii. redemption
viii. the beginning of the end
━━ act two: keep your friends close
act two character aesthetics
act two character aesthetics: part two
ix. inhibitor chips
x. order 66
xi. ARC trooper CT-1409
xii. domino squad
xiv. an old friend
xv. an heir to the jedi
xvi. opposite sides
xvii. bounty hunters
xviii. between life and death
xix. crosshair
xx. sacrifice
━━ act three: but keep your enemies closer
act three character aesthetics
xxi. betrayals
xxii. the waiting game
xxiii. on the run
xxiv. enigma
xxv. kamino
xxvi. brothers
xxvii. retracing steps
xxviii. rendezvous to bracca
xxix. the consumption of insanity
xxx. the aurora medical facility
xxxi. the spice run
xxxii. battle scars
xxxiii. obroa-skai
xxxiv. downward spirals
xxxv. life on the line
xxxvi. the marketplace
xxxvii. imperials
xxxviii. howzer
xxxix. prison break
━━ act four: the bad batch
act four character aesthetics
xl. the call of the void
xli. metropolis
xlii. beyond good and evil
xliii. memento mori
reviews
info
awards
loyal readers
q&a
stats
updates (newest update 5/27/24)
scrapped chapters

xiii. rescue

233 84 35
By pacificbIues

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

xiii.

rescue

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

•••

"We're here," Echo said, bringing the ship out of hyperspace. "Any final thoughts on the plan?"

"I think you made the plan pretty clear," Hunter replied. "Land on the same island as last time, find Bonteri, get back to the ship, and leave. Without drawing any attention."

"Exactly. Good job for listening."

"Except that the plan is too simple."

"What do you mean? It's not like they'll be waiting for us."

As they got closer to the planet, they saw a blue hue covering the atmosphere of the planet, contrasting from its usual green hue. Then they saw it. A small metal circle which was the blue color. Except it was just a color. It was a shield. A barrier. Preventing anyone from going in the planet without proper clearance.

"You were saying?" Hunter asked.

"Shut up."

"They were waiting for us. They put the entire base on lockdown."

"No problem," Echo said. "I can mask the ship as an imperial ship. Easy."

"You can do that?"

"I've done it before. There, now when the empire scans the ship, we'll be a Lambda class T-4a shuttle."

"How did you do that so quickly? That's one of the highest ranking ships on the imperial database."

"I just did," Echo replied, bringing the ship closer to the checking point. "And plus, our ship looks closest to that."

"What's your clearance code?" someone asked over their intercom in the ship.

"We're here on special orders from Tarkin. We have a rebel." Echo said, trying not to sound suspicious.

"Okay, what's your clearance code?"

"Look, sir, this is urgent. We don't have time for that. Take it up with Tarkin himself."

"I can only assume you don't know your clearance code, which I will have to report to the authorities. Plus, you do sound a lot like a clone. So it leaves me no other option than to report you as committing treason."

"Just let us in, I'll tell you the code after," Echo said, trying to sound a little different.

"Fine. But take this as a warning."

"Thank you."

The shield opened partially, just enough to allow them in. They entered the planet, trying to locate the island they had landed on last time, as that's where Lux has escaped to. They managed to slip through the shield, without being detected or seen by any imperials. They descended slowly so that they wouldn't be suspicious, but once they made it through the shield, however, they quickly went through the atmosphere of Wasskah, avoiding any trouble. Echo located the island they were on last time, and they headed straight for it. They landed safely, unlike last time, where they almost crashed the ship. Once they landed, Echo grabbed the artillery off the floor from where he had dumped it earlier, giving Hunter and himself the necessary weapons to complete this mission.

"Good luck," Echo said, opening the ramp for them to exit the ship.

"Same to you."

Steam came from above the ramp, as they went down, reaching the dense, humid forest that had overtook this island.

"Lux?"

"This is a large island, we're going to have to search for a while."

"Right."

"I'll go this way, you go that way," Echo continued. "If you don't find him, come back to the ship and notify me. I'll do the same."

"Sounds good," Hunter replied, and went in the direction Echo told him to go. The island was dense with trees, and extremely humid. He could barely see, moving branches of trees out of the way so he could continue to venture into the forest. After a while of searching, he reached the beach of the island, signaling that he had reached the end, and that Lux was not on that side of the island, meaning that either Echo is still looking or has already found him and is on the ship, probably the latter.

"He isn't on this side of the island," Hunter said into his comm link. "How about your side?"

No response.

"Echo?"

"Hunter," Echo said over his comm link. "I found him. Get back to the ship before they find us."

"Okay," Hunter responded. "Geez, you scared me."

"Whatever, just get back to the ship."

Hunter retraced his steps, eventually making his way back to the ship. He boarded the ship, seeing Echo, already in the cockpit, preparing the ship for takeoff. Hunter sat next to Echo, in the co-pilot's chair, looking outside the window of the ship, seeing several boats going from the main island, where the imperial base was, to the small island they were on.

"Well, they found us," Hunter said, getting up, going to the back of the ship to put the weapons away.

"I can see that Hunter," Echo said.

"You guys aren't very good at stealth missions, huh?" Lux asked.

"Who the fuck is that?" Hunter asked Echo.

"They guy we came here for!" Echo replied.

"Right," Hunter said, turning to Lux. "You got this entire base put on lockdown. You can't say anything."

"It wasn't me. It was some clone force 99 business. Nothing that I'm a part of."

"Well, strap in kid, you're part of the mess now."

"What do you mean?"

"We're two of the members in clone force 99," Echo said, flipping switches on the dashboard, taking off.

"You're kidding me," Lux muttered.

"You're lucky we saved your ass," Echo replied. "I suggest you shut up before I dump you out of the ship."

"Like you would do that."

"Don't try me," he continued, leaving the atmosphere, and passing the shield, which was open for the fighters chasing them.

"TIE fighters are on us," Echo yelled, once they were in space.

"How many?" Hunter yelled from the back of the ship.

"Too many! Go shoot them down!"

"Can you just go into hyperspace?" Lux asked.

"The hyperdrive is broken," Echo replied.

"No, it's not," Hunter said, coming into the cockpit.

"Yes, it is broken."

"Tech fixed it on Bracca."

"Oh," Echo said, putting the ship into hyperspace, escaping possible death.

"So how the hell did you one, escape by yourself, and two, manage to make the empire put the entire base on lockdown," Hunter asked Lux, once they were in hyperspace, and away from Wasskah.

"During the clone war, I served as part of the rebellion on Onderon. I think I know how to handle myself. And for the second question, it wasn't my fault, and if it was partially my fault, I practically betrayed the empire, and they learned that I was just a spy, so-"

"Shut up," Echo told Lux, interrupting him. "We're dangerously low on fuel. We need to stop somewhere before we go back to Bracca."

"There's a refueling station on Orondia. It's the closest there is to any type of refueling station to us. We'll go there."

Echo looked at Lux for a second, then over at Hunter. "Any ideas?"

"Lux just gave you one."

"I'm going to ask you again. Any ideas?"

"Orondia. That's my idea."

"But that's a purple planet."

"Of all things, why does the fact that the planet is purple matter?" Hunter asked, frustrated.

"Clones don't have good luck on purple planets," Echo said, turning back to the controls. "Let's hope we don't die."

•••

"So you're saying," Tech said, trying to wrap his head around what's going on. "Crosshair gave you an inhibitor chip to make you obey orders he gave you, you gave him all the information about us, he knew we would have to remove the chip, and he knew we'd go to Bracca, and he made the inhibitor chip to track our precise location?"

"Yes."

"How does that man think so far ahead?"

"Because he wants to kill you guys, and he isn't afraid to go to extreme lengths to get that one. We won't last long here."

"Listen, Omega was right," Rex told Tech. "We won't last long here, especially with the new information she gave us. You guys barely survived last time and you weren't tracked. How the hell do you guys expect to survive this time?"

"Do you think I know?!" Tech said. "Don't worry, I'm panicking about this too."

"I didn't say to panic. I said to merely try to figure out this situation."

"How am I going to figure it out without panicking first?!"

"Just don't."

"What if, if they find us, and Omega is still severely ill, you guys try to divert their attention to a different ship while Omega and I stay here, until she recovers. Or at least recovers enough so she can come back on the ship."

"You're going to have to think of a better plan than that, Tech. That's why I've called upon an old friend."

"Really? Which one is it this time?" Tech asked sarcastically.

"Well, two actually. One didn't respond."

"Then who is the one that did respond?"

"Gregor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 97 18
(This is my first story I hope you like it❤️) The Bad Batch finds a knocked out female human. She has no memory of who she use to be. She joins the B...
34.4K 678 40
"They call themselves, The Bad Batch" Genesis the first female clone is a defective clone with enhanced abilities, just like her brothers, Hunter, Cr...
789 33 8
Elara. The name implies joy and warmth. Such as how Elara Adora was seen when she lived with her mother before being forced to flee. Such as shown wh...
24.4K 510 19
Like my 'Star Wars the Clone Wars' one-shots, but 'The Bad Batch'