Layers ~MitsuyaxHakkai~

By gojosmainhoe

"I'm sorry, Taka-chan..I-it's not that I don't reciprocate your feelings or anything..!" "It's fine Hakkai, I... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII

VII

282 10 3
By gojosmainhoe

A/N: I AM SOOOOO SORRY ITS BEEN FOREVER !!! 🥲

School has been on my ass, plus my extracurriculars. I literally have no time for myself anymore so I'm sorry 😔 ! Please take this very mediocre (sorry) chapter as an apology . 😕

The first half of his work day dragged by slowly, and the continuous clock checking every few minutes did not help the time pass any faster. Flash after click and click after flash. Over and over again. For the past three hours. Click; flash. Click; flash. Cli-

"Let's take five! Please recollect yourself Hakkai-kun." The photographer sighed and scratched his hair that was beginning to grey and recede from aging and stress. It reminded him of how Draken's hair was starting to grey already. "Yes, sorry." The Shiba apologized and sheepishly shuffled off to find his sister who was not very happy with his performance, and even though she didn't say it her furrowed eyebrows, scrunched up nose, and narrowed eyes certainly did.

"Why're you so distracted, you literally requested to start swimsuit modeling. You can't mess up on your new clothing genre debut." Yuzuha huffed and handed her brother a croissant with a frown upon her lips. "I know nee-chan, I just can't take my mind off Taka-chan." "What, is he sick?" The older sibling asked with a mouthful of bread. "No, we ju-" "Oh my gosh, you two totally went at it!" Yuzuha squealed and gulped down the rest of her pastry. "Shh, not so loud nee-chan. We didn't even go all the way." "Doesn't matter, you guys finally connected lips and that's a step forward." She concluded and pat her brother's shoulder.

"Um, okay...but it was really awkward this morning not gonna lie." Hakkai admitted as he mindlessly began to chew on his fingernail. Yuzuha took his hand away from his mouth and gave him a knowing look. "That's not the only thing bothering you, is it? You seem extra distant and distracted today." She gave him a soft, inviting smile, letting her brother know that she was there for him to confide in. "Well, that's not all-"

"Excuse me, the five minutes are up guys." One of the editors spoke softly as they peeked around the corner. "Ah, thank you! We'll have to continue this discussion later I suppose." Yuzuha sighed and adjusted her hairpin. "Yeah, duty calls," Hakkai forced a smile and went to continue the shoot with a more positive attitude after talking to his sister a bit.

"There's the model face we've been missing! I guess that small break has rejuvenated you enough?" The photographer questioned as he returned to his post. "Yes, I think I was only hungry. I don't function well without food in my system." The model chuckled as he hung his robe up and prepared himself to overexert himself in front of the camera yet again up until lunch break. More clicks and flashes, and flashes and clicks. Try a new pose here, make this facial expression.

Over and over and over, again and again again.

"Hakkai, I'll help you! With realizing how amazing you are!"

Mitsuya's voice snapped him out the loop, the cycle that he kept repeating. "Taka-chan. I love you,"

"I love you too, but I'm not your hubby." Yuzuha chuckled as she drove to Mitsuya's design studio. "Huh? Was I dreaming?" Hakkai was genuinely confused as he looked around and checked his phone for the time yet again. "To hell if I know, you were out of it since our last break. You did well though, but it was as if a robot took over your body or something," The older Shiba sibling recalled and glanced at her brother. "What's been going on in your mind kid?" She asked with genuine worry in her tone and on her face.

"I fucked up nee-chan. Badly," Hakkai groaned and rested his head in his palms. "Hm? How so?" Yuzuha asked as she pulled into the parking garage. "I should've just said that I reciprocate Taka-chan's feelings all those months ago! I seems so backwards to just go up to him and ask him to be my boyfriend." He whined and moved his blue hair out of his face. "Hm, you have a point. You'd have to have some damn audacity to say that, but maybe that's what he's waiting for?" The older Shiba shrugged and squeezed her brother's shoulder comfortingly with a smile on her face.

"You know him better than I do, you'll know when or if you need to make the first final move. Have fun on your lunch date! Here's Takashi's car keys," Yuzuha grinned and got out of the car as she tossed him the keys. "Right, thanks. How're you getting back?" Hakkai asked as he got of the car so he could go see if Mitsuya was ready to go.

"Oh, I had someone drive my car over. I'm surprised you didn't see a light purple themed car behind us." She laughed and hugged her brother. "Drive safely and say hi to Takashi for me. See ya after lunch ends," "Yup, I love ya. Stay safe," Hakkai smiled and ruffled his sister's hair. "Of course, I love you too. Don't do anything you wouldn't do if I was around!" Yuzuha flashed a grin and went to get into her purple wrapped car.

"Alright, don't stress. You and Taka-chan have had plenty of lunches together. He probably doesn't even consider this a date so why should you? Breathe Hakkai," The model whispered to himself as he walked to the entrance of the designing studio. "Ah! Mitsuya-san, you have a special guest! How've you been Hakkai-san?" One of the designers grinned as she multitasked, focusing on her clothing piece and waiting for a response.

"I've been well, and you?" The tall Shiba replied as he watched her stitch a hem of a shirt she was close to finishing. "Oh, that's amazing! I'm doing alright, thank you for asking. Mitsuya-san should be over in a moment, he was really determined to get to a stopping point with a super elegant dress he's making." "I see, there's no problem. I can wait until he's ready." Hakkai smiled as he cooly leaned against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

"Hi, Hakkai-san!" Another one of Mitsuya's coworkers waved at the model to which he smiled and nodded in response. "He's so cool! Mitsuya-san's so lucky!" He heard someone say and felt his face warm up a bit from embarrassment. "Hakkai, your ears are red! What're you thinking about?" The Shiba looked up when he heard an all too familiar voice speaking to him. "Hey Taka-chan! I'm not thinking about much, just food." "I bet, you're probably hungry after your shoot. Did you guys finish?" Mitsuya asked while grabbing his coat off the rack. "I'm heading out for lunch! Keep working hard, I'll be back shortly!" He announced to which he received several affirmations in response.

"We didn't finish yet, the first few weren't that great so the shoot'll have run longer." Hakkai gave an exhausted sigh and the fashion designer nodded. "That's not normal, is something bothering you? You're usually done earlier than scheduled." He looked over at the taller who quickly shook his head. "No, it's just. I dunno, I guess I'm just bored. It's the same thing over and over again. That's why I wanted to try some other type of modeling, but it's kinda uncomfortable." Hakkai admitted and ran a hand through his hair. He could never bring himself to tell that to Yuzuha, especially after everything's she's done to make sure he succeeds in his profession.

"I doubt you told your sister, hm?" "No.." Mitsuya sighed at that response though he was expecting it. "Okay, well have you considered taking a break? Lots of people do that so they can have the excitement of their profession build up again. Vacations always help clear your mind." Mitsuya suggested as he got into his car and accepted his car keys from the younger. "I dunno, I feel like I was just on a break." Hakkai stated and his friend narrowed his eyes at him. "You mean that three day trip to Venice? Because that doesn't count, you still had to work." The older told him matter-of-factly. "I just don't have time in my schedule for a vacation right now."

"Well, go to the spa or something. Just do something that makes you happy and gives you a sense of freedom so you can get out of your slump! I do it all of the time, and then I proceed to immerse myself in unhealthy work habits for several months at a time." Mitsuya advised and then put the car into reserve. "Wait, where are we even eating?" "Barbecue!" "No complaints here,"

💜💙
————
💙💜

"Barbecue! Barbecue!" Mitsuya chanted as they walked to the restaurant. "How's work been so far?" Hakkai asked the older as he tried to avoid drawing any attention to the two of them. But it's not everyday that you see a really tall blue-haired supermodel walking alongside a lilac haired world renowned designer. Without any disguises whatsoever. Their mistake. "It's not bad, but I've punctured my finger so much it's ridiculous. Even went numb at one point," "Oh my gosh, lemme see it!" The model exclaimed and gently took Mitsuya's hand in his to look at his finger that was wrapped in several bandages.

"If you wanted to hold my hand you could've said that, I would've said yes. I think," The older teased and his friend laughed as he went to open the door for him. "Thanks, I'll know for next time then." He respond and Mitsuya nodded with a grin on his face. "Thanks for holding the door darling, who knew you were such a gentleman." "We've known each other for a bit over a decade, pretty sure you know that by now." Hakkai stated and the fashion designer shrugged.

"Hi, table for two please!" He said as he turned to the woman at the entrance. "Alright, please follow me to your table," She answered after gathering eating utensils and menus. "Thank you very much," The two said as they were seated at a comfortable table in the back of the restaurant. The lighting was dim and along with the furniture, it gave the place a cosy feel. "Can I get you two started with something to drink?"

"Oh, can I have a water?" Mitsuya requested and looked over at Hakkai who was squinting at his menu debating on what he wanted. "Okay, and for you sir?" The waitress asked him as Mitsuya wheezed with laughter at the other side of the table. "Umm, I'll get a lemonade?" The model shrugged and put his menu down as he battled with the difficulty of making decisions for himself at a restaurant. "Okay, water and lemonade. I'll be back in a moment with your drinks." "Thank you," Mitsuya said and looked to find something to eat.

"We should've gotten an appetizer," Hakkai muttered as his stomach rumbled. Mitsuya giggled and put his menu down. "We can still order one, they should bring it before our actual meal." He suggested and smiled fondly at the man sitting across from him. "Mm, okay. What're you planning on getting to eat anyway?" The model asked as he scanned over the menu again. "I've been having a craving for omurice recently so I think I'll get that," the older responded and then asked, "How about you?"

"I can't decide, they all look good. I'm just hungry." The taller groaned and dragged a hand down his face. Mitsuya hummed and took another look at the menu before reaching over and pointing at a dish on Hakkai's menu. "How about this?" He suggested and the model happily agreed once he read what was included in the dish.

💙💜
————
💜💙

"I don't wanna go back to work," Hakkai whined as he walked Mitsuya to the front door of his workplace. "Go work and take some stunning pictures, okay?" The older suggested as he swung the model's intertwined hand along with his. "Mm, what'll I get in return?" The younger prompted and and Mitsuya shrugged playfully. "You have to go to work and take some great cover photos to find out. Though, taking good pictures isn't hard for you," he chuckled and tucked a lock of hair behind Hakkai's ear.

"But I feel exposed! Extreme exposure." The model exaggerated as he tried to get his point across to his best friend. "Well, you won't have to it anymore after this shoot if it makes you uncomfortable." Mitsuya reasoned with him and Hakkai hummed in response. "Still, at this point I should just be a nude model or something!" "Wouldn't be a bad idea.." The older muttered to himself as he pictured the younger in that profession. "But, anyway I'll go back to work. Mainly because Yuzuha will kill me and if she does I don't get a reward."

"Understandable, but she still might kill you since you didn't bring her any food." The older pointed out but the model didn't seem too bothered. "I'll just tell her I forgot and buy her something later, technically I did forget." Hakkai responded as he held the door open for Mitsuya. "Thank you kind gentleman, you have a wonderful day, understood?" The fashion designer smiled as he stepped inside the building. "Yes, and same to you my dear friend." The younger chuckled and gave Mitsuya a quick hug, only to be stunned by the quick kiss on the cheek the older gave him before scurrying off to his workstation.

His pictures wound up turning out to be ravishingly impressive. Yuzuha didn't even whine about not getting any food.

A/N : thank you for reading this chapter ! comments, shares, and kudos, are always appreciated ! have an amazing day/night ! stay safe and hydrated ! <3 love y'all !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 287 24
they had heard about each other, but they hadn't met. so when they finally met, it felt like they were already familiar. playful teasing and snarky c...
6.4K 229 20
Sanemi Shinazugawa is the hot-headed wind hashira who 'hates' the quiet, secretly sensitive, and motherly water hashira Giyu Tomioka. But lately, San...
39.6K 1.1K 14
For years, Katsuki forced himself not to smile, or laugh. All just cause of a small, simple reason. He didn't like the small dents that formed by the...
8.1K 279 12
"I hate you for what you did, but I hate myself more for still loving you." [Completed on 08/15/21.] 。。。| Note: - This fic is not intended to promote...