again ↠ chenji

By yvneos

"it's also funny to think that we act like we don't have a past." ↳ wherein the dream band are looking for an... More

INTRO
01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
EPILOGUE

05

2.4K 100 10
By yvneos

chapter five

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

"chenle," haechan called.

he hummed.

he can't speak because his mouth was full of ice cream that he's currently eating. it was the dessert they bought for them after eating their meal.

the lunch was near to end and even though they already told him that they can excuse him to his class, chenle chose not to. he has a quiz right now and he reviewed for it yesterday. he don't want to waste his effort.

"is it true that mr. qian is your brother?" he asked softly, making sure it was calm and it did not sound arrogant.

"half-brother actually." he smiled.

chenle's father is actually his mother's second husband. his mother has a son from her first husband and that's kun. at the early age of kun, his father died which left him and his mother alone.

as the time passed by, his mother met chenle's father. they fell in love with each other, of course. and the result of their love is chenle. they got married afterwards and kun didn't mind at all, he witnessed his mother being so much happy and he was happy too. their family is actually perfect, the new husband of kun's mother treats him like he was his own son.

and kun treats chenle as his baby brother even though they were not full blood siblings. and chenle treats kun as his big brother and he was thankful to have a brother like him.

"chenle," haechan called him again.

"i was the one who got bothered every time you called chenle, you already did it many times, haechan." mark said.

"bother my ass." haechan said and stuck his tongue out.

chenle let out a chuckle, he really shipped these two because they looked good together. but the only problem is they are always arguing.

"by the way, le." haechan called him again. "have you already been in a relationship?" he asked.

"hmm, why?" he asked softly, finishing the tub of ice cream he was eating.

"well, we have someone here that is ready to mingle." haechan said as his eyes shifted to jisung who was peacefully playing on his phone.

which suddenly made chenle choked, mark immediately handed him a water which chenle also got and drank it.

"oh, god. i'm sorry, i didn't mean to." haechan said worriedly.

"why did you even ask that anyway?" mark hissed.

"it was supposed to be a joke and i just want to tease ji!" haechan whined.

"i'm sorry, le." mark also apologized. "haechan is really a pain in the ass."

"nah, it's fine." chenle said and let out a chuckle. "i just really eat too much ice cream to the point my mouth cannot take it." he smiled.

"i'm sorry again, chenle. i really am." haechan pouted.

chenle just smiled and said it was really fine. while recovering after being choked — wait, that does not sound right. after the incident minutes ago, chenle's eyes suddenly landed on jisung, who is still being unbothered.

remembering how they hid their relationship before, chenle can't still help not to be amazed by it. they hid it for almost three years (plus one year of jisung courting chenle) and even the close friends of them didn't find it out. if someone caught them being together, it's either they will deny it and they just bump into each other or they will say they are just a partner in that one subject since they took the same strand back then.

they hide their relationship but their parents know it because they are legal on both sides. they respect each other's family, that's why they didn't hide it from them. besides, jisung also courts chenle's parents and proves how much he loves their son. does kun also know? yes, he is. when the two are finally in college. there was one time he told chenle to go to the architecture building to give something to the professor, literally at the classroom where jisung was having a class with.

and the reason why they hide it, nothing, they just want to. both of them wanted it and they agreed. no one blames each other for not being able to say their relationship. despite hiding it, their relationship is healthier than vegetables. giving each other enough updates, right communication and assurance.

but one day, everything just changed. they suddenly broke up and chenle still didn't know the reason.

"the lunch is going to end already, i'm gonna go now." renjun said and stood up.

chenle also got his things up and suddenly remembered what yangyang told him to after seeing the paper bag beside his bag.

"renjun?"

the said male stopped from closing his bag after hearing his name being called.

"why?"

he asked kinda seriously, instead of being nervous by it, chenle smiled giggly and handed him the paper bag.

"yangyang told me to give that to you," chenle said softly. "he said you're ignoring him so he told me to give that to you instead." he smiled.

"for me?" and he pointed to himself, slowly getting the paper bag.

"yeah," he nodded.

not getting an answer from him, chenle took a bow and was about to leave but renjun called him again.

"lele,"

"hmm?" and he looked back.

"do you mind if i ask a question?" renjun asked.

"of course, what is it?" he asked softly.

"oh wait, is that your nickname? lele? i heard yangyang calling you that so i assumed it was your nickname." he asked.

"yeah, you're right." he nodded and smiled. "it's my nickname and it's actually made by someone... special."

renjun smiled because of it, looking at the paper bag and looking back at chenle.

"can i know who's yangyang in your... life?"

he sounds not sure by it, or maybe because he was making sure it doesn't sound bad or it will mean something.

"my driver."

"huh?"

chenle let out a laugh because of it.

"i'm kidding," he smiled. "he was actually my friend. i met him two years ago, i think? wait, did it two years ago?" and he tried to remember it.

"just a friend?" renjun asked softly.

"yeah," he nodded.

renjun nodded and smiled softly, checking the paper bag again. while chenle suddenly frowned as he realized something.

"wait, did you just—"

"okay, lunch break is up!" renjun cut him off and gently pushed him after getting his bag.

chenle's laugh echoed around the music room while renjun softly pushed him out of the room, not even minding the people around him.

"someone's special, huh?"

the tall one suddenly flinched and almost hit the person beside him who suddenly spoke, he rolled his eyes and let out a sigh.

"you almost killed me." jisung said.

"having fun watching him?" jeno asked teasingly.

"i was just standing here, what the fuck are you talking about?" he hissed.

"what the fuck are you also talking about?" jeno said. "didn't you have a plate to pass today?" he asked.

jisung suddenly looked at his wrist watch and his eyes widened after seeing the current time. he immediately rushed out of the room after getting his things up.

jeno's smile slowly faded away after seeing someone backstage who also left afterwards.

"so, what's the tea?" the japanese male asked.

"what do you mean tea?" chenle asked curiously as he reviewed his quizzes papers which he just aced effortlessly.

"you know, about dream band or moving out." shotaro said, still clinging on chenle's arm.

"oh yeah," he nodded. "i was going to move out this weekend."

"who's moving out?"

chenle watched yangyang fall from the chair he was about to sit on, he looked like in a rush to the point he almost hit his face at the table.

"as i was saying, i was going to move out this weekend."  chenle said.

"can we help?" shotaro asked.

"mark told me they will help me though," he pouted. "but it's still up to you guys if you want to help me." he smiled.

he goes home tonight since his mother told him to, he and kun go home together. they were also going to talk about the party that his mom was planning to. probably will ask chenle's opinions.

"how about this weekend?" his mother asked.

"i was going to move out at that time, mom." chenle said.

"friday night?" kun suggested.

"okay, friday night." chenle agreed.

"invite your band mates too, le." his mother said. sounds like he was teasing chenle.

"oh yeah, i heard haechan and jaemin are fun to be with at every party." kun nodded. "besides, it's been a years when we last meet ji—"

"okay, i'm going to sleep now!" chenle cuts his brother off.

it's not that chenle doesn't want to invite his band mates, it's just because of jisung. his parents know their relationship before and what if the others find out their relationship?

chenle is too lazy to explain everything.

"bad on you because i already made a call."

he saw his brother already on his phone, chenle pouted and stomped his feet upstairs.

"don't worry, we will act like we didn't know him!" he heard a shout from outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 9.4K 72
..( 🎙️ )𝗡𝗖𝗧x𝗢𝗖𝘀 "𝙣𝙘𝙩 𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢? 𝙙𝙪𝙙𝙚, 𝙣𝙤, 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙖 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙘𝙚!" in which a group of friends find ...
47.5K 1.1K 43
Jisung is in a popular group named NCT with the other 23 members. When Renjun told him that he was searching for his long lost sister, Jisung and the...
261K 13.3K 115
⭒ nct dream ↳ when you bring a bunch of chaotic people together in an app. ROYALJAEM。2020 ❜ !! chapter count may be high but most of them are extr...
19.3K 492 36
☁︎ ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴛʜɪɴᴋɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ'ᴍ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ