Warm Love|✓

By talesofdevil

"I can be the dark, just for you to love your brightness." Reyansh Rathore. *⁠.⁠✧ ________... More

|p r e v i e w|
|p r o l o g u e |
|a e s t h e t i c|
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60-Final
The Feirce Flame

04

13.5K 795 22
By talesofdevil

𝐀𝐦 𝐢 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞?
𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐚𝐦 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐲 𝐠𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮
𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 .... 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐬.

"Your likes and dislikes are not to be suppressed, stifled or strangled. Your intellect has only to examine and deal with them appropriately to ensure your life runs smooth....." the professor babbled on and on, speaking in one breath, quoting lines out of book. It's already past five and this person is hell bent to make this extra class untorable.

"The nature of the mind is akin to that of the wind. Both are restless, turbulent, strong and obstinate." This two statements of him got me fixed to my mind.

Our mind is really something. I have been always curious to human mind. To what extent it can go to achieve what it wants.
Even if lots of failure coming along it's path, it's not ready to let go the thread.

The thread of Hope.

That's why I chose to take psychology as my extra curricular. Alas, this man is making me regret my decision now from the pit of my patience.

I am Kiraz Roy, coming from a good reputed middle class Bengali family taught me to be self sufficient. Doing my final years and in three to four months I will get my degree. Since reading became my passion, so I opted for B.A. in Literature.

I hardly have any friends and my past makes me run away from its mere name. But if not for my family, I would have been long buried only my name remembered in memories. Having done mistakes which my intellect term as a selfish move, my mental state has still not been stable.

"Kiraz Kiraz" my batchmate Sanchi whispered yelled in my ears making me to flinch and stand straight up.

My unnecessary action created a jolt in the room making, heads to turn towards our bench. Which situated in the freaking middle of the humongous room. This is the sixth time in today I am getting drowned in the pool of embarrassment.

"Well I think Ms. Roy is more than keen for me to be out of the class. If I'm wrong do correct me."

I just looked at him confused.

"Great she was in her own world.
Ms. Kiraz do get back in reality. This is for today."

Yes, I should get back in reality.
Past is over but what about the pain....

I sat down and buried my face in my palm.
Sanchi snickered at me. I slapped her arms   but did it stopped her. No.

"I thought the professor was asking me some question. That's why I stood up." I huffed complaining about the embarrassment her action made me suffer.

"Ms. Kiraz you should get a reality check."
She mimicked like the professor, stroking her non-existing moustache.

"Very funny." Sticking out my tongue to her I stuffed my books and pens in my tote bag. By the time I left the class the corridor had few people littering around.

Looks like I'm not the only one eager to be out of this hell in the name of college.

"Miss Roy!"

Mr. Suman Gupta my literature professor called out for me, from the last end of the corridor.

Scoffing under my breath,"Damm it! He has to call me now. He might be asking me regarding the report. Sanchi you go ahead." Giving me her gummy smile she parted her way.

After the painful fifteen minutes, I was allowed of the hook. He has to get my report reviewed. The whole campus was engulfed in the pitter-patter of the rain, since the students left the premise earlier.

I searched for an umbrella but my clumsy self has to forget it. "Now what will I do? Sanchi must have left."

Have no other option but to wait for any vehicle, I stand infront of the college gate, under a small shed, whose roof licked the water.

I have dance pratice today for annual program. After years, I will be performing on stage. Dance happens to be an important part which keeps me sane. The sound of my gungrus makes me deaf to all the taunts of my past.

I decided to go direct from college but the extra class and on top of it the raining just acted as a fire extinguisher to my already drowing plans.

It's past thirty minutes and still the rain didn't stop. However, the strange thing happens when I start feeling obnoxious thoughts, sensed as if someone was gazing at me.

I even turned back time to time to get hold of that thing or to catch for something. But it got increased with time, making me start feeling creeped out. The fact that my college is situated far away from the city, near a forest, doesn't helps me in pacifying.

I decided to go home because standing here was just delaying my time and making me feel in scrutiny of my unpleasant thoughts.

I jogged on the empty road as the rain prevented pedestrian to walk. By that time I was totally drenched, from head to toe. The only sound of my rapid clipping of sandal and the rain filled the empty street.

After a few distance walking I stood under the shed of the bus stand.

Kolkata's rain can sometime be painfull. It was raining like cats and dogs.

Mom is going to scold me. She gave me ten missed calls till now but the rain water prevent proper functioning of my phone screen. Cherry on the top the bus was getting delayed.

Are all hell breaking today!

I so badly wanted to go home, take out the misty smell of the rain and the sticking top and jeans. Just a five minutes walk from here will lead me to an auto stand.

I decided to walk there. Moving out from the shed I walked across the road.

The road was deprived of any human except me. But still I felt some heavy foot steps behind my back. My heart is breathing frantically.

I turned my head still walking to find no one. This only indicated me to ran on the empty road trying to find atleast some help. The luck which I have got made it hard for me to even seen an animal. I turn back to see men dressed in black running behind me.

Feeling them at my back I increased my pace. I felt my adrenaline rush, which make me increase my pace. Why they are running behind me? I'm running blindly and the slippery road made me to trip. I falled on my knees causing it to scratch.

"Ouch! God please save me." I recited a quick prayer to upper power.

Hardly had I opened my eyes, when a light flashed on my face. It was a car headlight. The sound of engine goes off.

The car halt just a few distance infront of me. With wobbly legs and a dizzy head, I stand up, ignoring the stinky feeling of my scraped knees and palm.

"Help me." I call out for help. I walk aimlessly since the strong eye blinding headlight light smacks on my face.

A preaching pain went up to my neck as if something has been injected on my skin.

On reflex my hand cupped my neck.

The surrounding of mine was rotating along with my legs which would give out any moment. My energy was slowly draning out and making my every muscles limp. Letting my body to hit on the hard surface.

Two bulky arms snaked my waist holding me firmly.

"Always my lady." this were the only word I heard last, as the darkness engulfed me.

••~~••

Thank you for reading.
Hope you like the chapter.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment. It makes my effort fruitful.
Published: 22September, 2022.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 2.5K 42
She's my enemy, my captive, the one woman on this planet I'm supposed to hate. And yet, Sonia Gavino has gotten into my heart. With her raven's bla...
17.6K 1.2K 44
He's the kind of person that normal folks wouldn't dare to disrespect or even meet eyes with. What unfolds when a small mistake brings a certain some...
24.7K 1K 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
22.9K 1.2K 35
'Ishq Mein Hum dum - #1' She came like a star to my moment of darkness. And I didn't know they called her Naintara. ________________________💞 💞___...