Turning the Page | The Dragon...

By Lost4Stars

You were simply walking home from school after another uneventful day. You didn't have the best life, but you... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 [Moon]
Chapter 2 [Moon]
Chapter 4 [Moon]
Chapter 5 [Moon]
Chapter 6 [Moon]
Chapter 7 [Moon]
Chapter 8 [Moon]
Author Note
Chapter 9 [Moon]
Chapter 10 [Sky]
Chapter 11 [Sky]
Author Note
Chapter 12 [Sky]
Chapter 13 [Sky]
Chapter 14 [Sky]
Author Note

Chapter 3 [Moon]

1.6K 47 132
By Lost4Stars

Rayla walks back and forth on the castle wall, while the rest of us hide behind some crates, in this order: Callum, Ezran and Bait with the egg, and then me.

Rayla: You're here I know you are.

Runaan: Rayla. You defied me.

Rayla: Runaan, you need to call off the mission.

Runaan: You've lost your mind.

Rayla: Please, listen to me. I've found something. The egg of the Dragon Prince.

Runaan: That's impossible.

Rayla: The egg wasn't destroyed, it was stolen. Their High Mage was going to use it for dark magic, but the human princes found it, along with another human, and their only trying to help--

Runaan: No. Humans are liars. This is a trick and a trap. You're a fool, Rayla.

Callum walks out from behind the crates.

Callum: She's not a fool. What she's telling you is true.

Runaan: You've made a terrible mistake.

Callum: Ez, show them.

Ezran and I both walk out from behind the crates, with Bait on Ezran's head. Runaan's eyes widen at the sight of the egg, but then he looks towards me. My hand instinctively reaches up for my dragon pendant, but he doesn't take his eyes off me.

Runaan [stammers]: It's beautiful.

Rayla: How can we take vengeance for an act that never happened? You have to call it off.

Runaan: Rayla, you know it doesn't work that way. We bound ourselves. There's only one way to release. We must punish them for taking what is ours.

He didn't say that before. Did he?

Rayla: Runaan, please. There has to be another way. This is a miracle, a chance for peace.

Runaan: The humans struck down the King of the Dragons. Justice will not be denied. Now give me the egg and human girl.

Rayla: Callum, Ezran, Y/n, go.

Callum: But--

Rayla: Just keep them safe.

Callum and Ezran run to the tower behind them. I give Rayla and Runaan one last glance before chasing after the princes. The clouds parted to reveal the full moon and I froze. Something was changing about my body. I felt this cool breeze with lasting peace. It seemed to stabilize so I started running again.

We're all running down the stairs of the castle tower, panting. We make our way to the courtyard and stop at a hay cart. Callum throws his backpack inside and helps Ezran and Bait in as well. I stay next to the cart.

Callum: You need to stay here, hidden. Keep the egg and Y/n safe.

Bait lets out a croak and I stand to the side confused on why I need the protection.

Callum:  I'll go talk to the king.

Ezran's head, along with Bait, pops out of the cart.

Ezran: Callum, why don't you just call him "Dad"?

Callum: Because he's the king. And I'm his stepson.

Y/n: Just because your not his biological son doesn't mean he doesn't love you. In fact, I'd be surprised if he didn't think of you as his son.

You put a hand on his shoulder, in a comforting manner. But when he looked at you his eyes widened in suprise.

Callum: Did you know that the ends of your hair turned white?

Y/n [confused]: No, my hair has always been h/c--

Your voice trailed off as you looked at the ends of your hair and saw that they were as white as snow. You shook your head to dismiss whatever thoughts could've occurred.

Y/n: Nevermind that. I think he'd want you too. At least if you wanted to.

Ezran: They're right, Callum.

Callum: I don't know about that. Be right back.

He turns and runs off to find King Harrow. You sit down on the ground by the cart looking at the ends of what used to be h/c hair.

Ezran: Why were you chained in that chamber?

You jumped at the sudden question and started thinking about what to say without revealing that you were from another world and knowing how the future is supposed to play out.

Y/n: I don't remember. Viren seemed to want something from me, but I don't know what.

Ezran: Viren trapped you down there? But why? You're such a kind person.

Bait seemed to let out a croak in agreement.

Y/n: I don't understand either, but we can't trust Viren. You should stay hidden. That other Moonshadow elf is looking for you.

Ezran: But he's looking for you too. Come in here.

You're a little surprised at how easily he believed you. You jumped in the cart next to him and made sure that you were completely hidden. Well for the most part. Bait was still glowing. The hay suddenly breaks apart and we all see Rayla.

Rayla: This one's not so good at hiding.

Ezran: I told him that.

Rayla: Uh, where's your brother?

You hop out of the hay cart, brushing off the lingering pieces of hay.

Y/n: He went up the tower to see his Dad.

Rayla turns towards the tower.

Rayla: Oh, no. That's the last place he should be right now.

We start walking through the courtyard. I'm looking for the window where Callum is.

Ezran [shouting]: Callum! Callum, where are you?

I see Callum through the window and I look into his eyes.

Rayla [shouting]: Callum!

Callum disappears from the window. Probably on his way to us right now. He makes it to us a few moments later.

Ezran: Callum. Did you talk with Dad?

We hear the clanging of swords in the distance. We all look towards the tower and Rayla walks up and hands Callum his backpack.

Rayla: Say the word and I'll go back into that tower with you.

Callum looks at the egg, me, and then Ezran.

Callum: No. It's up to us now. We have to return this egg.

Y/n: We have to keep it safe and return it to Xadia.

Ezran: And find its mother.

Rayla: We could change things. We could make a difference.

Callum: Just the four of us.

Bait croaks and turns red in an offended manner.

Callum: The five of us.

We all start running to the castle exit. Sneaking past the guards and sprinting across the castle bridge where we all look back at the castle tower where the king is being protected.

Ezran: Callum, do you think Dad will be okay?

Callum: He has the finest guards in the kingdom defending him.

Ezran [worried]: Yeah. [more cheerfully] Yeah, of course.

You look at the scene with sad eyes. Already knowing that their father won't survive. We all turn around and start running to the forest.

Rayla starts to slow down and I look behind me to see one of her ribbons turn blood red and fall off. When the two princes turn around she hides her hand behind her back. While I walk over and pick up the blood red ribbon and store it in one of my pockets.

Callum: What's going on? Something's wrong.

Y/n: Don't worry. Nothing happened. I just dropped something and Rayla was helping me find it. I already found it though.

Rayla: Y-yeah. Uh, we should stop and rest soon. It's a long journey to Xadia.

We all find a spot to camp for the night. And Rayla comes up to me.

Rayla: Do you know?

Y/n: Yeah I do.

Rayla: Why would you lie for me?

Y/n: It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Rayla: Okay. Why are the ends of your hair white? Weren't they h/c before?

Y/n: At the castle wall. I felt something happen, but I can't explain it. Callum noticed it after we made it to the hay cart, so it must've happened there.

Rayla: Why were you down there? In the secret chamber, I mean. I don't remember seeing you with the princes before.

Y/n: Lord Viren trapped me down there for a long time. I can't remember how long.

Rayla pulls some bandages out of her pocket. She then starts to wrap the cuts on your arms. You were in such a rush that you never noticed the injuries Viren had inflicted on you to try and get you to talk.

Y/n: Thank you.

Rayla: Just... returning the favor.

Her cheeks turn a light pink. You assume it's out of embarrassment.

Rayla: We should get some sleep.

Y/n: You're right.

Both of you head towards the princes to get some sleep. You both lay down on the ground. You close your eyes and enter a dreamless slumber.

Word Count- 1450

*Author Note*
- Completely open to constructive criticism 💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12K 302 29
I do not own WINX club, I'm just a fan who somehow ends up going back to the show because I can't escape it, not really angry about that. (This boo...
44.7K 1.5K 18
You find yourself in a strange world filled with magic. Although you hope for a new life of adventure you end up in the hands of the Emperor. What ha...
DON'T GO By Grey

Fanfiction

16.8K 765 25
Basically it's All of us are dead but with Y/n in it. I go off the regular plot on some parts because it's a Y/n x On-jo read. My need to be the hero...
12.7K 299 23
It's been 4 days since they've rescued the world, and they're home. But they're missing member five of their team. Zym. When Rayla and Ez go fetch Zy...