again ↠ chenji

By yvneos

"it's also funny to think that we act like we don't have a past." ↳ wherein the dream band are looking for an... More

INTRO
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
EPILOGUE

03

2.5K 113 14
By yvneos

chapter three

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

coming inside the bathroom, his voice echoed around since he was singing. he usually sang when he felt like he just wanted to, or everytime he was going to the bathroom because the sound inside the bathroom made it more beautiful.

seeing the other cubicles occupied, he didn't care about it if they would hear him singing. people already heard him singing that's why there's nothing to be embarrassed for.

"chenle-ah?" he heard yangyang called.

he hummed.

"mr. qian called you in his office." he said calmly.

"what did i do again?" he whined, stomping his feet as he pushed the flush button.

"why are you asking me? do i look know?" yangyang said.

chenle came out from the bathroom pouting, he straightly went to the sink to wash his hand. he really didn't know what he did because their professor called him again.

knocking at the door, he slowly opened it as he looked inside. his eyes met mr. qian's eyes made him pout and go inside.

"what did i do again?" he asked like a kid.

"nothing," he giggled. "can't i miss my brother?" he asked.

"ew," and he rolled his eyes.

"tss," and his smile faded. "you skipped your morning classes last week." kun said as he checked his attendance list.

"i woke up late..." he lied.

it was the morning where last night was ten's birthday.

"because you're drunk last night." he said calmly, making chenle widen his eyes.

"hyung, please don't tell mom." he immediately begged. "she will ground me!"

"chenle—"

"if she grounded me, i wouldn't have my allowance for a week and no gadgets for a week. do you want me to starve because of it?" he continued. "do you want your favorite brother to die of starvation?" he said dramatically.

"the fuck are you saying?" his brother hissed. "you didn't even let me finish my sentence, could you take a seat?"

"i'm sorry, i just got carried away." and he made his way back to his chair.

"so, as i'm saying," he said calmly. "i won't tell it to mom unless you will join at the dream band."

🎤

"is there already a new vocalist?" haechan asked as he came back from the bathroom.

"not yet, some of them are really not suitable for the new vocalist we're looking for." renjun said as he put the papers down.

"why do we need a new vocalist if we already have two though?" mark asked curiously, the leader.

"because i'm going to replace you." haechan said.

"how about we just open an audition?" jaemin suddenly spoke.

"that's what i was thinking," haechan said. "we really have the same brain." and he winked.

"we suggested it before but you refused, you said you guys will just wait for someone who wants to join." jeno said, joining the conversation.

"yeah," haechan nodded. "but i want to look for someone i heard singing in the bathroom."

"did you get his name then?" renjun asked.

haechan let out a laugh and shook his head. he just came out from the bathroom that time when he heard someone that just entered the bathroom singing.

it's just bad timing since haechan just left the bathroom, he didn't even have a chance to know his name.

"before we start the audition, do you guys really don't have anyone to recommend?" renjun asked.

everyone looked at each other, until their eyes stopped to jisung who's now playing on his phone.

"didn't you say that sungchan has a friend that was good at singing?" jeno asked, nudging the younger one.

"he said that his friend doesn't want to sing anymore, so ii also don't have anyone to recommend." jisung said calmly.

he really has someone in his mind but he doesn't want to say it, besides that they don't communicate anymore. he didn't know if chenle still sings until now.

the next day when the audition started, many students had fallen in line outside the music room. waiting to be called. the band vocalists didn't really expect that many students would come today.

"the line has finally ended," baekhyun said as he put the papers down. "let's eat lunch first."

"have you found the guy you were looking for?" mark asked as he put the food down on the table.

"not yet." haechan said as he shook his head.

"if we really didn't find him, let's just choose one of those participants." baekhyun said.

baekhyun is their manager, he was the one who usually handles the band. besides that he was the head of music teachers, he was the one who built the dream band.

"the dream band has an audition for a vocalist, right?"

his friends suddenly looked at him after he asked that, frowning and surprised by it.

"why?" sungchan was the one who spoke.

"can you guys bring me there? i'm embarrassed to go there alone." chenle said, pouting.

"did you just... asking us to bring you there?" sungchan asked, sounding surprised. "didn't you decline that the last time i asked you?"

"kun ge told me to," he pouted. "he found out that i was drunk last week and for the sake of not being grounded, he told me to join a dream band," he explained.

"but you like it though?" shotaro asked.

"i thought about it last night and realized that singing used to be my passion and i can't stop it just like that. i will really go back to it, so here i am." chenle said.

"i'm proud of you, my lele." yangyang said and hugged him.

"lol, you're just happy because you have a new reason now to see your crush everyday." sungchan said.

yangyang just pouted and rolled his eyes. after their lunch, the couple has classes to attend. that's why they aren't able to watch chenle join the audition.

chenle and yangyang have the same schedule and it's currently their vacant class, they are now making their way to the music room.

"there's no audition anymore?" chenle asked as he can't see any line outside the music room.

"le, you can go first. i need to answer this first." yangyang suddenly spoke.

"okay," he nodded and continued walking.

he was busy looking at the window and seeing how many people were there. some of the chairs are already occupied by the students who probably joined the audition.

and since he was busy looking at the window, he accidentally bumped into someone.

"oh, shit. i'm sorry." and he immediately took a bow.

but as soon as he looked up, it felt like his world suddenly stopped. the person in front of him is just looking at him coldly.

"ji, let's go." someone suddenly appears from the music room.

chenle looked at that someone, he doesn't seem familiar with chenle but he's pretty and they were just at the same height.

"are you going to audition?" he suddenly asked, smiling.

"uh, yeah." chenle nodded as he went back to his senses.

"lele!"

chenle looked at yangyang who's now running, he almost tripped because of it. he stopped in front of them, panting.

"oh, yangyang." the guy who asked chenle asked.

"hi, nana!" he greeted, giggling.

"your friend?" the guy named nana asked, pointing chenle.

"yeah, he was going to join the audition." yangyang nodded.

"you guys can go now, we will cut off by four in the afternoon." nana said, opening the door for them.

yangyang was the first one who came in first, chenle looked up at the tall guy in front of him and looked away after that. he smiled at the guy named nana before he went inside.

chenle almost heard his heart that was now wanted to come out, aren't he supposed to hate that guy? why did he even felt like he was still in love?

it was the same feeling that he felt before whenever he looked at him.

"chenle, you can do it!"

the chinese male wanted to hide in embarrassment because of yangyang. he was cheering loudly and it echoed around the room.

after the long wait, it was already his time. he thought he would skip his next class but luckily, he didn't. someone handed a microphone to him which he immediately got and went up the stage.

he saw someone in front of him, he assumed that they were the vocalists of the band and one of them is the yangyang's crush.

"hi, i'm zhong chenle." he said. "studying medical technology, fourth year student."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 13.3K 115
⭒ nct dream ↳ when you bring a bunch of chaotic people together in an app. ROYALJAEM。2020 ❜ !! chapter count may be high but most of them are extr...
325K 15.1K 37
"excuse me what?! i cheated on who?!!" [ social media au + lowercase intended ] well let's just say that their friendship starts off on the wrong foo...
173K 8.1K 32
❝how is this thing supposed to get rid of my nightmares?❞ na jaemin. ©wakeybaeky
26.4K 917 22
𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒏𝒍𝒆 and 𝑹𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒖𝒏 had no idea what they were walking into when they moved to Korea 𝑱𝒆𝒏𝒐 and 𝑱𝒂𝒆𝒎𝒊𝒏 are in love with each other...