Silver Lining

By RUNA_HADES

Secret Organization. White Star. Sealed God. They are all gone now. Peace has come again to the Western and E... More

Hotteok?
Nostalgia
Team Leader
Promise
Her
Our Past
Our Past II
Our Past III
Raisa
Raisa II
Raisa III
Jung Yeon Hwa
How Peaceful
God of Death
Cherished One
Forgotten
You Are Not Alone
Silver and Black
Little One
How Did You Know?
HIATUS
QnA Part 1
QnA Part 2
QnA Part 3
Deja Vu
The Present
Festival
Festival II
Festival III
Memories
The Butler and The Chef
The Lady
Archmage
The Rose, The Lights & The Darkness
HIATUS 2
Special AU Part 1
Special AU Part 2
Special AU Part 3
Special AU Part 4
Side Story
Invitation
New Moonlight
Healer
Dinner
Losing Her
✨2023✨
Habit
Suncatcher
Siblings
Embrace
The Diary
Together
Family
Puzzle City
The Heart and Soul
Hairpin
The Dukedom
His Guest
Hangul
Kim Soo Yeon

Zero Failure

2.2K 185 20
By RUNA_HADES

Fizz―

The sound of smoke reaction from several beakers filled the laboratory.

However, the sound didn't hinder the woman's concentration on writing her report.

Her writing was smooth like a fish swimming in the water.

Then, her ears perked as she listened to the lab's door open.

"Jung Yeo―"

"Please leave."

"..."

Even before the man could finish calling the woman's name, she cut him off mercilessly.

The other man beside him snickered and patted his brother figure's shoulder.

The man who got cut off, held his temple as he looked at the woman singularly focused on the report in her hand.

He pointed his index finger to the lady and commanded his little brother next to him.

"Grab her."

"Aye."

The young man slowly approached her and tried to grab her tiny shoulder.

Despite knowing each other for several years, the young man didn't learn his lesson very well.

The lad's movement froze, no, to be accurate it was getting really slow like his seconds was equal to nanoseconds in reality.

The lady ignored him and continue her work diligently.

After half an hour, the lad still doesn't succeed in grabbing her shoulder even less touching her.

The older man almost lost his patience and asked her earnestly.

"Release him."

"..."

"Team Leader Jung, please release him."

"Uwah!"

The young man stagger forward as the lady deactivated her ability, 'Delay'.

The lady skillfully avoided the lad's fallen body.

"Yeon Hwa! How can you be so cruel?"

"Yes, I am cruel. Please get out of my lab, Jung Soo-sunbaenim."

"Team Leader Jung, you have been stuck in this room for more than 8 hours without eating and rest. You need to take off some time from work."

"I am fine. You don't need to worry about me, Team Leader Lee."

"You always nagged me about my health. But now, what are you doing, Jung Yeon Hwa?"

A cold voice suddenly broke out their conversation.

The moonlight eyes divert from the complex equations on the paper to the chilled russet eyes.

The lady's other ability is still active, so her silver eyes look lifeless at that moment.

Two pairs of eyes stared at each other in silence.

One is 'observing' while the other one is 'recording'.

Jung Yeon Hwa in her white lab coat opened her mouth as she deactivate her 'Observation' ability.

"...I am all right, Rok Soo-ssi."

"You just take over the Team Leader position a month ago. What are you rushing for?"

"It's nothing much."

"Your Team Leader Ahn had asked a favor Team Leader Lee to look out for you before she retired. You need to take care of yourself."

"..."

Silence drowned them for a moment leaving the chemical reaction's sound in the lab.

Three people in the room were speechless inwardly hearing the last sentence from the very person that never cherished himself.

Mid-twenties Kim Rok Soo who didn't notice the change in the young Team Leader of the Healer Team's expression continue speaking.

"Finish up. Let's go eat and you need to take a break."

"Later on. I need to do something first."

"30 minutes. No compromise."

"Rok Soo-ssi..."

"15 minutes."

"...Got it. Give me 30 minutes."

Jung Yeon Hwa frantically writes her reports in one hand while pouring a chemical liquid into another beaker in another hand.

Three men looked at her calmly as they used to look at this lady's concretization behavior that had never changed since she entered Disaster Prevention and Civilization Protection Company.

As she doing her job, she hasn't noticed there is a 'recorder' focusing on her every movement.

That was the only record that can't be deleted or exaggerated in this world.

Ah, maybe not only this world.

The record plays by itself again in another world, in another body with the same owner.

The owner who had watched enough of the record reminds the woman in front of him who keeps triggering his ability to activate by itself ever since meeting her in that world.

"Jung―Raisa, 30 minutes."

Hearing familiar commands, Raisa looked up from her work and saw the reddish-brown eyes reflecting her appearance.

She was stunned for a moment before smiling in nostalgia at the young master.

The young master continues his words before she replied.

"The children haven't had their breakfast yet. So, 30 minutes is enough for you?"

"No need 30 minutes. 10 minute is abundant for me especially if I got Archmage Rosalyn's helps."

"Do you need my help, Raisa?"

"Explain."

Rosalyn and Cale gazed at Raisa curiously as the lady walked towards three pots of herbs.

She had seen these herbs from the book and could identify them as plants from the Eastern Continent and she knew their specialty.

The climate of both continents is similar, but the soil is different.

These plants could only grow up healthily with Eastern Continent's soil.

So, that's why they are in the pots instead of planting them outside, in the garden.

That's not the point she's looking at these herbs.

Raisa asked the owner of these precious herbs without turning her back while observing them.

"Miss Rosalyn, have you watered them with the water you created by your magic? Oh, Little Raon also watered them."

"You are right..."

"That's right! Sweet Raisa, how did you know?"

Raon squished his cheeks with his front paws as he shouted. 

Raisa chuckled as the sight of sparkled big blue eyes appeared in front of her.

She answered the little one with a voice full of doting while caressing the chubbier cheeks that she remembered last time.

"It's the same way I found you in the first meeting."

Since the moment she decided to make the potion for Hannah, she hasn't deactivated her 'Observation' ability.

She could see the biggest difference between the normal plants outside and these three herbs in the pots.

The water the herbs absorbed was full of mana and made their leaves luster.

There are two colors of mana, bright red and deep blue while observing the plants.

She can't feel the mana because she's not the mage but could see the benefits behind the herbs that absorbed mana as a secondary nutrient to make good potions, especially for the swordmaster who has a contrasting physique with normal people.

Raisa turned her head to look at the red eyes lady who was staring at her.

"Miss Rosalyn, what is your primary element as a mage?"

"Mine? It's fire."

Right after Rosalyn uttered the word 'fire', scarlet flames materialized from every finger.

Three years ago, Rosalyn was known as the brilliant crown princess of the Breck Kingdom as well as for her beauty which reminds people of a garden full of red roses.

However, her fate changed as she stepped into the Land of Boulder.

The chain called the 'royal family' that held back Rosalyn was broken as soon as she show her potential as the mage and her goal to be the Archmage.

Rosalyn was already beautiful but when she wielded her magic, Raisa could see that was the moment the lady was the most stunning.

Rose doesn't suit her, only blazing flame could be.

Then, Raisa changed her attention to the red-haired young master who she doesn't know since when that this guy 'record' her.

'Well, it's not the first time Rok Soo-ssi 'record' me.'

"Cale, how's your water attribute ancient power works?"

"Pretty similar to what you know."

Raisa nodded her head as she could understand what he meant.

Similar to what she knows means similar to other water ability users in their previous world.

"Ancient power most likely 'control' instead of 'create' like magic. Then, can you use your ancient power to gather some water for me?"

"Gather? You want me to crack the floor?"

"Are you dumb? There is water in the air we are breathing in."

-Ahahaha! This kid is surely insanely good. Ahahaha!

Sky Eating Water ancient power laughing like a madman and like always, the redhead just turns deaf to it.

Cale 'dumb' Henituse just opened his mouth but no sound escaped from the mouth.

People who could call him 'dumb' openly without getting consequences could be counted on a pair of hands. 

The lady in front of him is one of those people.

Cale sighed helplessly while lifting his hand to use his ancient power.

The amount of water in the air is not much, so Cale could only gather like a ball of water.

Then, Raisa looked at the reddish brown of the young man and shifted her silver eyes to the young lady who playing with fire and the black dragon who flying around Hannah that injured with big blue eyes full of worries.

As they worked together for a long time, they could see each other's tacit understanding with just a glance.

"Miss Rosalyn, could you evaporate this water with your fire? Also, Raon, as soon it becomes gas, you turn them into ice."

"Easy, Weak Human!"

"Young Master-nim?"

Rosalyn was confused at the moment but still, do it as she was instructed to as she saw Raisa bring a beaker in their direction.

Raisa smiled at the Archmage indicating to go ahead.

Shhhh―

Clang! Clang! Clang!

Two sounds simultaneously appeared in the quiet room.

Half of the beaker is filled with small crystals which release white smoke in a minute.

Hence, Raisa poured the green liquid which was the herb that she pounded into a fluid state and an illuminate blue liquid which was a substance created by Alchemist Tower that helped the potions preserved for a long time.

In less than 10 minutes, Raisa finished her creations with a satisfied expression.

She has created more than 20 bottles of potions.

She picked up two bottles and handed them to the blond swordmaster in a confident manner.

Hannah drink them in gratitude and she could feel the coolness of the potions flowing into her body.

As soon as she finished them, her wounds closed up faster than the effect of Saint Jack's divine power.

"Uwah! Raisa Noona's potion is working, Nya!"

"Raisa Unnie is incredible, Nya!"

"Sweet Raisa, it works! It works!"

The averaging 10 years old children were excited looking at Hannah in a better condition than before.

"It's like a normal potion but it works a bit faster than the normal one...."

Rosalyn who noticed the impact of Raisa's potion is more amazing than she thought gazing at the ash-brown-haired lady intensely.

Mage is an individual that wouldn't let go of something that piques their interest.

The same goes for the dragon.

The flame-red eyes and the deep blue sky eyes stared at her full of curiosity.

Instead of solving their curiosity in a direct way, Raisa played a Q&A session with Cale who stood next to her in their own way.

"What do you think, Cale?"

"Catalyst."

"Hmm, how so?"

"Mana. You had mentioned magic early."

"How astute of you, Student Henituse. Then, can you answer why I asked Tower Master Rosalyn to evaporate 'your' water and Little Raon to freeze the water in a gaseous state instead of asking Raon, the almighty Magic Emperor to do everything?"

"How unfortunate. I wish to answer Teacher Raisa's question but my ability to find the answer doesn't meet your expectation."

"No need to feel burdened. That's where I come in to lead you to the answer as the teacher."

"Ho? Please enlighten this student of yours."

Raisa glanced at the redhead young master who is playing alongside her in amusement.

Jung Yeon Hwa and Kim Rok Soo had stood as Team Leaders for quite a long time.

Playing words with the high-ranking bastards who tried to reap benefits from them who were working their ass off were something both of the team leaders had used to do.

Sometimes they are playing like this during resting and at last, it becomes a game for them to improve each other's eloquent tounges.

Raisa picked up the potion and titled it from right to left.

"Miss Rosalyn is a talented mage who deserved the Archmage title. However, how much she is talented in magic wouldn't change the fact she is human who couldn't heighten the capability of all of her elements to the highest point except one, and that is her primary element, fire."

"Dragon is different. All elements are balanced and in the highest capability. What makes the difference between dragons except their appearance is their unique attribute."

"When two dragons with similar magic degrees face off against each other, they will use their attributes to increase the probability to win."

"Those herbs were watered by Miss Rosalyn and Little Raon. In their leaves, there is their mana as a secondary nutrient."

"Your Sky Eating Water ancient power is not power that 'create' but to 'control' something that already exists which is something from Nature itself like the herbs that grow up naturally with mana in their assist."

"Now, this generous teacher of yours has given you everything. It's time for you to conclude them, Student Henituse."

The lady passed the bottle in her hand to the young master's hand.

The russet eyes still recorded her looking at the moonlight eyes which has a glint of mischievousness in helplessness.

He shifted his attention to the illuminate blue potion in his hand and Hannah who has healed up very well.

"Balance. Everything is balanced out with the herbs who were maturing with Miss Rosalyn's mana, Raon's mana, and the other plant's necessity like sunlight, air as well as good soil are from Nature since the beginning."

"As the catalyst, it doesn't only improve the core but also every component in herbs."

"Is this conclusion satisfied my talented teacher who create this amazing potion in less than 10 minutes which you promised?"

Cale glanced at his 'teacher' and notice her little action beckoning him to lower his head.

Their height difference doesn't change that much even though his previous body is taller than his current body.

The lady next to him same as in their previous world is tall exactly as his shoulder.

Cale just needs to lower his head a bit and then he's on the same eye level as Raisa.

Her silver eyes curve like a crescent moon which attracts his attention enchantingly.

He was in a trance until he could feel two hands ruffling his hair messily.

"Hey! You! Jung―Raisa!"

"I am totally satisfied! It's not a waste for me to lecture you in the past!"

Her voice was full of laughter like a child getting candy.

Looking at the twinkling stars in her bright eyes made him give up his hair to let the excited lady play with it.

After a few minutes, Cale grabbed Raisa's hands and looked at her earnestly.

He sighed shortly before speaking to her.

"Haaa...Happy?"

"Very happy!"

"Good. Let's go back."

He's freeing one of his hands to comb his messy hair while the other hand keeps holding Raisa's hand.

As he's confirming Hannah's condition is back to normal, he told the others to go back to the Black Castle.

The redhead never let go of Raisa's hand to lead her out of the laboratory.

Jung Yeon Hwa whom he knows has one obsession and that is experimenting especially creating medicine to improve something.

If Kim Rok Soo is the Attacking Team Leader with a zero death rate, hence Jung Yeon Hwa is Healer Team Leader with a zero failure rate in creating drugs that could improve one's abilities to another grade faster which helps their company to fulfill their mission much easier.

He admires this person but it doesn't mean he could compromise with her to lock herself in the lab to do some experiments for hours.

That's why he needs to separate Raisa from this experiment nest.

Raisa who doesn't know what kind of thought this young master has could only let her body be dragged back to the Black Castle.

In the dining room of the castle, Raisa could see the long table with a warm breakfast as well as the children and the elders talking to each other harmoniously.

She also noticed three new people that she had never met before.

Two handsome men and free-spirit Unnie.

A blue-haired man and short brown-haired Unnie are excitedly drinking and laughing together like friends who hadn't seen each other for a long time.

Another man with purple hair looked distressed as he was nagging these two drinkers.

Raisa also noticed three different energy surrounding them.

Aura, mana, and divine power.

'A Swordmaster, a highest grade mage, and lastly a priestess...or maybe a Holy Maiden? This Unnie's divine power almost on par or might be higher than Pope Jack.'

As she contemplated the guests' identities, she heard a loud sound.

Clang!

The blue-haired swordmaster put down his beer glass on the table powerfully creating a loud sound that made the whole room silent for a moment.

The man pointed to her and the young master next to her with trembling hands.

His green eyes widened like looking at something unbelievable.

"Cale Henituse! You! You―!"

Cale and Raisa tilted their heads at the same time as seeing this sight while having similar thoughts in their minds.

'What the hell with this lunatic bastard?'

'This lunatic person is Cale's friend?'

Bud Illis, the Eastern Continent's Mercenary King's attention was not on this pair's rude expression but on their intertwined hands.

Cale Henituse, a young hero who is like a god in people's eyes and doesn't care about anything else except the peace of his homeland is holding a lady's hand intimately!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 2.3K 10
Billos Flynn. Nobody suspected him to be one of the hunters that are after the redhead hero's life. They trusted him, and so did Cale. What Cale expe...
7.7K 453 11
Choi Han woke up right next to the man that he once beat to a pulp. The last thing he remembered is fighting against the white star and now he was ly...
26.5K 1.5K 13
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. In his tw...
41.1K 2.8K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...