Wandering Paws [genshin impac...

By primogemz

y/n was the usual sleep deprived teen, except spent their days staring at a screen grinding artifact and prim... More

Important Note
Prologue - Hello, I Am Unda Da Wota, Help Me, BLRGHLRBNRGHR
Chapter 1 - This is very cold.
Chapter 2 - Never Fear, Barbara's Here!
Chapter 3 - Mondstadt Needs Better Security
Chapter 4 - Escape Again
Chapter 5 - Adoption
Chapter 6 - Orphan Tears
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿ‘
Chapter 7 - Death Trails
dont mind me just bullshtting my way through plot
Chapter 8 - Leash
Chapter 9 - WE GOT ANEMO BOIS
Chapter 10 - Imagine A Cat Becoming A Criminal For Killing God
Chapter 11 - Mighty And Illuminated Old People
Chapter 12 - Aether You Lil Shi-
Chapter 13 - Osmanthus Wine-
Chapter 14 - The Man, The Myth, The Legend!
Chapter 15 - What Is Lost
that is a lot
Chapter 16 - How To Become An Air Raid 101
QnA :D
Chapter 17 - One Step Closer To Disaster Cat
Chapter 18 - *Chuckles* I'm In Danger!
Chapter 19 - Grab The Knife, Disaster Cat
Chapter 20 - Blood Bath
Chapte 21 - Fleeting Memories
sumeri
I gave Rhinedottir a better design
Chapter 22 - I Lied, I'm Still Gonna Update
Chapter 23 - Younger Siblings, Explosive Edition
Teaser For A New Book I Adopted
Adopted Book
Chapter 24 - Dainleif The Gigachad
Zaicim
I'm Uploading Incorrect Quotes Bcs I Haven't Updated For A While
Chapter 25 - Oh No! Anyways
Ort
Chapter 27 - He's A Good Boi
Chapter 28 - We Won't Be Reunited
Chapter 29 - Floof
*sweats profusely*
100k Reads Special [yall intimidate me]
Chapter 30 - Ineezmy
Chapter 31 - Eetoe
New Zaicim Design
CATS (no not the wierd furry movie)
update on the cats
Chapter 32 - The Awekaning
Another Story?
I dunnit
Chapter 33 - Oma-omori
ANNOUNCEMENT HELP
Made some changes
Chapter 34 - The You Who Isn't You
art book?
Done
Chapter 35 - Distorted Memories
Guilty as Charged
Chapter 36 - We Do A Little Trolling Here
Slimy Cat
Chapter 37 - Y/n From Ohio
Chapter 38 - Fluffy
Chapter 39 - This Is So Not Slay
Chapter 40 - Charmander
Announcement
Hi

Chapter 26 - Zero Toleration For Zaicim Sadness

5K 235 103
By primogemz

'Thoughts'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

You slowly opened your eyes. The bright sunlight blinded you and you closed your eyes again. "From the horrible feeling Paimon's getting, those eerie ruins are super likely to be related to this fate weaving operation." You heard Paimon spoke. You slowly opened your eyes again and adjusted to the light. You looked around and saw that you were all still with Dain, but were beside an inactive ruin guard. Looking up, you saw Zaicim's face staring into the distance, ignoring everything that was being talked about. The expression he made was... somewhat unnerving. He seemed... very pissed about something.

Zaicim blinked and his foul expression went away within a split second and he looked down at you. "You're awake... it's good to know you're somewhat fine." He said as you stretched and then climbed up to his shoulder. He smiled softly as he watched you, and Paimon looked at you when she noticed you woke up. "Hey, y/ns awake now!" She said as Aether and Dain turned to look at you. Aether smiled and walked up to pet you. "It is good to know that you are t doing well. Allow me to fill you in on what has happened." Dainsleif said while Paimon gave him a questioning look. "But aren't they a cat? Why would they need to know that?... Umm, Zaicim, why are you looking at Paimon like that?... Stop giving Paimon that look, it's scary!" Paimon said as Zaicim gave her a glare worse than the one he had on before.

Dainsleif told you that they found that the abyss was planning something major, and that they keyword he found in a talisman connected to the abyss herald on an abyss mage said all of this. The keyword he found was Loom of Fate. "Now, allow me to tell you all what I can understand. In short, the first phase of the plan is related Osial, overlord of the vortex." He explained. "The overlord of the vortex? You mean that god in the ocean?!" Paimon said as Zaicim slowly, veerry slowly stopped glaring at her. "We weren't able to destroy it last time. It was just crushed by the jade chamber." Aether said as he stopped petting you. "What do they want with Osial?" Paimon asked with worry. "Could it be the same as Dvalin?" Aether asked.

"I know of your past heroics regarding Dvalin, and I also knew of the abyss order's role in the stormterror incident. Though you may not have been aware of it at the time, you were thwarting an abyss order operation similar to this one." Dainsleif said. "Last time it was Venti's old friend, this time it's a huge ancient god! The abyss order keeps setting their sights higher and higher. Will the abyss order use their lies and dark magic to corrupt Osial, just like they did with Dvalin?" Paimon said as all of the NNBs came out of some sort of mini hibernation from within Zaicim's jacket and swarmed you. "No... from the contents of the talisman, they plan to go further. They won't just corrupt Osial's mind. They also plan to use ancient technology from before kheanriah's destruction to transform Osial's body." He explained.

"Is... that even possible? So wait, the abyss order wants some sort of... cybernetic squid god pf destruction?!" Paimon asked. "These nicknames keep getting longer!" Aether said as you saw Zaicim's eyes side eye the abyss mage at the side. Weather it was dead or not, who knows. He just glared at it and you could see his fists clenching ang unclenching... "You good? Need a snicker bar or something?" You asked concerned. "Ah, sorry, I... I'm fine." He said as his body relaxed. "Very few people today truly understand the civilization of khaenriah. Though, of course, the accuracy of that understanding itself is difficult to judge. Only the abyss order has consistently sought out the remnants of khaenriah. Despite being human, they seek put this lost human civilisation quite persistently. The talisman's message states that they will use the defiled statue as a base, attaching Osial's limbs to create a mechanized god. And the new core that shall replace the orb usually held by the statue... is the eye of the first field tiller."

The eye of the very first field tiller? Oohh, Paimon gets it! The abyss mages were looking for the special eye!" Paimon said happy woth her accomplishment. "It would seem so." He said. "Then let's fine the first eye before they do." Aether said with determination. "This whole thing's getting more and more complicated. But basically, it all has to do with that eerie statue of the seven we saw, right?" Paimon asked. "Yes. According to the talisman, the eye should be placed in the hands of the defiled statue, thereby imbuing the newly born god with the power to topple the divine thrones of celestia." Dainsleif said. "Oh boy, the abyss order sure isn't holding back with this plan." Paimon said worriedly. "I am afraid that is not all. There is one last thing mentioned that I can understand in the talisman." Dainslef said as he squinted to get a better look at the talisman. "They plan on regaining a lost project of khaenriah that was said to have been stolen after the cataclysm." Dainsleif said. "A lost project? Paimon asked with her head tilted."

"It's called, Experiment Hjarta. It-" All of a sudden, Zaicim kicked the abyss mage's body and sent it flying several miles away. Along with it went the talisman. "Wh- Zaicim! What the heck was that fo- ohhh you look very mad and Paimon's scared now!" Paimon said as she quickly hid behind Aether. You looked at Zaicim and saw he was giving the same glare you saw when you woke up in the direction of where the abyss mage was yeeted. He was seething with anger, and even the NNBs seem to be a little concerned. Keyword, a little. They only looked at him concerned for a second and then continued swarming you. "Why did you kick it so far... Dainsleif wasn't done reading." Aether said as he gave an intimidated look at the direction the abyss mage was yeeted. "Don't care. Let's investigate at mondstadt's church because the defiled statue was one of the drunk homeless bitch." Zaicim said as he harshly turned around to make his way to mondstadt, leaving Dainsleif, Aether, and Paimon to make their way to mondstadt pn their own.

~~~~~

You were at the stone gate, and you looked at Zaicim. He still seemed to be in a bad mood... just what exactly was Experiment Hjarta? Did it piss him off by stealing his snickers? "You okay? You don't seem very happy about Experiment Hjarta." You said as the NNBs had finally calmed down about you waking up. "No." He said coldy. "Can you... tell me about Experiment Hjarta? I may not be able to do much, but I can kill the shit if it bothers you si much." You said as he sighed and pinched his nose bridge.

"No... I... Don't do that. Experiment Hjarta is... it's what Rhinedottir called you before she knew your name. Whenever more official business was involved, you would always be called Experiment Hjarta. Weather it be conversations about what to do with your abilities to help the nation, or if it was in proper documents. Not to mention, me and Rhinedottir were the only ones that actively tried to call you y/n. Everyone else called you experiment Hjarta." He explained as you both stiffened.

"Wait wait wait wait, I was used for nation development?" You asked. "Yes, neither you nor Rhinedottir seemed against it at the time. I... I don't know the details but there was a plan to turn you into a living battery. That was the only one Rhinedottir outwardly refused. But she said she would allow it when you gained enough capacity to store so much energy without combusting..." He said uncomfortable with the subject. "Well... damn... Can I do that now?" You asked way too happy for him. "Wh- NO! YOU'LL DIE!" He yelled on the verge of tears.

"Don't worry, I won't!" You said as you smiled at him reassuringly. 'We don't tolerate sad Zaicim in this house.' You leaned against him to lay your head on his floofy hair."....Don't you dare try to do that behind my back." He said as you could feel a terrifyingly menacing aura come from him. "Have a snickers bar. You're not you when you're hungry." You said as you pulled put a nutty chocolate bar that looked similar to a snickers bar from your bag and shoved it in his mouth. You had Xiangling made it for shits and giggles in the future. Zaicm stared at it, before beginning to eat it and continued on, more relaxed than he was before.

~~~~~

Zaicim sat on the stone railings as you both waited for Aether by the church. The benches were right thete, but why not be edgy? You were sitted beside him on the railing as well. Zaicim put his hand on your head and began petting you, gently stroking your fur from your head to yoir back. Suddenly, ypu saw him make the smug face when you heard a random humming noise. "Why are you staring at me like that?" Your confusion only grew even further wjen he didn't say anything. "I have never, in my entire life heard you purr." Your eyes widened at the realization that you were succumbing to the cat. "Meow meow motherfu-"

"Hey Zaicim, Dainsleif said he didn't wanna come in the church. Let's go inside and ask Barbara what she knows!" Paimon said as your purring instantly stopped. You looked at Zaicim with an instense look. 'Don't you dare snitch.' You thought as Aether walked over to the door. "Mm, ok." He said as he gestured for you to climb up to his shoulder. You jumped up and sat on his shoulder and he began to walk towards the door.

You walked into the church and made your way to Barbara, who was standing near one of the pillars. "Hi honorary knight! How have you and y/n been? Do you need anything today?" She asked when you walked ip towards her. "Ah, but I should first make it clear that if you want to borrow the holy lyre ser himmel again, we cannot oblige." Barbara said as you began to lay down against Zaicim's hair. The man was even floofier than Albedo, you've experienced using both their heads as pillows and you could say with confidence Zaicim was floofier. Or maybe they had the same levels of floof and this was just favoritism.

Paimon began to ask Barbara anout field tillers. She had nothin, so she began to tell about the story about the tyrant's final fury. The story was about a time when people who went near old mondstadt got hit with balls of fire from the sky for a year. The people thought it was the vengeful spirit of the old god who used to rule over mondstadt, Decarabian, god of storms. "It's not necessarily related to the tyrant." Aether said after Barbara finished the story. "Right! Later, the theory became less of a problem in the church's eyes. Common reasoning ondicated that the god of storms wouldn't shoot fireballs. Perhaps it was something else that caused the disaster..." Barbara said. "Anyway, this incident might not be related to the lost statue of the seven, but I can't think of any other events that might be." She explained.

"It's okay. Thanks anyway!" Paimon said happily. "Theres that pointless word thank you again. I can never get used to hearing it." You didn't have to look to know it was Rosaria. You knew her voice, and your hearing seemed to get better the longer you lived in the body of a cat. "Oh, Rosaria. It's you." Barbara said slightly surprised. "Of you're looking for the knights of favonious, they're dealing with those monsters again." She explained. "Those monsters." Barbara asked as she looked up at Rosaria. "Those monsters that tried to attack stormterror last time, during the stormterror incident." She said. "Wasn't that the abyss order? They're at it again?!" Paimon asked distressed.

"Indeed. They're gathering in wolvendom, causing unease amongst the wolves. Could it be... that the abyss order is targeting the spirit of lupas boreas? As for what reason, I can't say for certain. Master jean has already headed off to wolvendom. I must also begin to make a move myself." Rosaria explained. "Th-then I will go as well!" Barbara said. "Master Jean said you should stay at the church and continue your work with the clergy." Rosaria said. "B-but, you're also a member of the clergy..." Barbara said. "Don't worry, we'll go help as well." Aether said. "We?" You and Zaicim both said. "Yes. We." Aether said as he looked at you and Zaicim. "Right, we'll go give master Jean a hand!" Paimon said. "Oh... okay. If the honorary knight and his adventure team will be there then... But please everyone, be careful. May the anemo archon protect you all." She said while Rosaria left.

You made your way back to Dain outside. You all met back with Dain outside and Aether explained the situation to him. "I see... has the abyss order already launched a new operation? This could very well have something to do with he defiled statue. We should go as well." Dainsleif said after Aether told him what you found out. "But what is the abyss order going to wolvendom for anyway? Are they going to do the same as they did with Dvalin? Aaaahh! Not again!" Paimon complained. "No, that's not likely. Unlike Osial, who was just supressed, Andrius died long ago. Today, it is just his spirit that stands guard over wolvendom. The abyss herald may just be targeting the spirit of Andrius in an attempt to garner some information from one the the anemo archon's old companions." He explained.

You all decided to go to wolvendom after that. On your way there, you saw a group of hilichurls and a pyro abyss mage blocking the road. The abyss mage turned around to look at you in alarm when it noticed you. Instantly, it's shield began to form around it, and the hilichurls jumped up and pulled out their bats and crossbows. Dainsleif began to fight a shooter hilichurl, while Aether took a normal hilichurl with a bat, and a berserker hilichurl. An electro shooter hilichurl began to aim at Zaicim as Dainsleif and Aether charged for the hilichurls. You jumped forward and bit the electro infused arrow it shot before it could reach Zaicim. You spat the now completely normal arrow and charged for the hilichurl while Zaicim went for the abyss mage.

You jumped onto the hilichurls to do a flip against it, your hind legs pushing it backwards with anemo. "Hay Zai, look what I learned from Lisa!" You said as Zaicim looked at you while the hilichurl was being pushed away with your knockback III feet. Your gun floated out from under your bag and was beside you when you landed, and it instantly shot the hilichurl with a pyro bullet, instantly killing it. Zaicm gave you a happy close eyed smile and a thumbs up while his free hand threw an NNB at the abyss mage and made s small explosion. Fun fact, NNBs have now learned to control their explosions, and can manipulate how big or small they wanted the explosions to be. They also knew how to add single digit numbers now. How? Who knows.

The pyro explosion from the NNB was big enough to kill the other hilichurls, but it did singe the other's clothes a bit. When you were finished with committing murder, Paimon popped up again. "Phew, there sure are a lot of enemies around here." She said. "You say that as if you did any of the work." Zaicim said as your gun disappeared the way other character's weapons did. A golden yellow encased it and then it slowly evaporated away. Yahoo for Lisa teaching you how to do that, carrying something half your size with your paws can be tiring at times. "The closer we get to the target, the more enemies there are. Hmph, fits the abyss order's style." Dainsleif said as he stepped over a hilichurl corpse to walk over to your group. "We should hurry and find lupas boreas." Aether said. "Yeah, let's go!" Paimon said with her hands on her hips.

"I'm... not going any further." Dainsleif said. "Don't you wanna overthrow the abyss order or something? Did you suddenly decide an overgrown rabbit and a blue gummy worm with armour was too scary for you?" Zaicim said while raising his brow. "Wait, maybe it's because he's scared of wolves!" Paimon said after gasping. "That's... probably not it." Aether said. "It has nothing to do with wolves. It's because Boreas was an ancient god, yet he willingly became a servant of the seven. I cannot possibly agree with such actions. I don't desire any interactions with him." He explained. "Oh yeeeaaah, you wanna leave us to do all the hard work because your an antisocial lonely emo boy. Didn't you say something about what good is it if you just avoid all your problems?" Zaicim asked. "I- *sigh* You have just as much attitude as that creator of yours..." He mumbled. "Don't be shy, speak up." Zaicim said condescendingly when he heard him mutter. "Nothing. I won't come further, but I will still help you with this. I just don't wish to interact with that god." Zaicim rolled his eyes at him and then turned around to continued forward.

"Dayum, you seem to be in a bad mood. Did the snickers bar not work?" You asked. "Sorry, sorry, the abyss order's plan to capture you just irritates me." He explained. "It's fine, don't worry about me. I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me!" He laughed as you said that. "I don't think they'd want to kill you, just turn you into a living battery with no regard to your existence as a living being." He said as he stopped laughing. "They can't get to us if we kill them first." You said while grinning. "Good point, with forty noot noot bombs and someone like you, I highly doubt even gods will be safe." He said while smiling.

You looked behind and noticed Aether had caught up with you. "Dainsleif went to clear out members if the abyss nearby. Jean was also there to deal with them." Aether explained as he walked beside Zaicim. "Mm? What did they say?" He asked. "Jean was just there to defend against the sudden members of the abyss order in wolvendom. But Dainsleif... Dainsleif gave us some interesting advice and more about why the abyss order does what they do." Paimon said as she floated by Aether's side. "So much of what he says contradicts what he already said. He says not to trust gods, but not to outwardly hunt them down..." Paimon explained. "He also said that the destruction of khaenriah by celestia was also the reason the abyss order wants to overthrow them." Aether explained with his brows furrowed in deep thought.

"Mkay." Zaicim said uninterested. "We tell you a big info drop on the abyss order, and you don't even bat an eye?!" Paimon said angrily. "Nope." Zaicim said monotonously. "Aagh! Paimon's so annoyed with you and wants to give you an ugly nickname!" She said while stomping her foot in the air. "I'll accept it since you wouldn't even be able to make a good one." Zaicim said as you and Aether snickered. "Hey! Don't you two start bullying Paimon as well!"

~~~~~~~~~~
I hate being given positions of high authority. Too much responsibility and the school makes us dance too much qwq

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 9.1K 34
ใƒป๐˜– ๐˜ ๐˜Œ ๐˜™ ๐˜› ๐˜ ๐˜ ๐˜• ๐˜’ ๐˜Œ ๐˜™๏น— by sbyllne โ˜… โ‹… โ‹… โ‹… โ ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐š๐ณ๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ ๐๐จ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐ โž ๐—ถ๐—ป...
5.3K 164 21
"And in those nights that I've sought peace, I found it only...in you." ใ€๋„ˆ์™€ ํ•จ๊ป˜ ํ•˜๋Š” ๊ฒŒ ๊ฟˆ์ด๋ผ๋ฉด, ๊นจ์›Œ์ฃผ์ง€ ๋ง์•„์ค˜ใ€‘ Why must we face reality when the tru...
31.2K 1.2K 23
"i am not and will never be raiden makoto, i know that." the puppet slowly blinked her shimmer-lacking eyes as she stared at the electro archon who k...
2.7K 112 10
สธแต’แต˜ หขสฐแต’แต˜หกแตˆ'แต›แต‰ แตแตƒแตˆแต‰ หขแต’แตแต‰ แต–หกแตƒโฟหข สทโฑแต—สฐ แตแต‰ As one of the top students at Teyvat High School, F/N has a reputation they need to keep up. Unfortunately, thi...