Yours, Forever

By AuthorIris_xx

She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chalter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Epilogue

Chapter 39

13.9K 356 43
By AuthorIris_xx

Damien was late for his meeting.

From the moment he had woken up, he knew today was going to go horribly.

He raced up from the bed, apologizing to a grumbling Katherine who lay by his side, complaining when his arm grazed her. He muttered his apologies, quickly jumping into the bathroom to get ready for work and when he was done he grabbed the first suit his fingers touched and quickly pulled it on.

Fully ready, he cast one last glance in the mirror before walking out of the closet.

"Hey babe. I made breakfast for you." He heard Katherine say as he stepped out of the closet.

He wondered how she had woken up so quite early and made breakfast for him, but then he was not one to say anything or question her. He looked over at where she was seated on the bed, and saw a tray which contained what looked like toast and scrambled eggs carefully placed on the bed, and Damien shook his head negatively indicating that he was not going to have any food.

He was late for work already, and the last thing he wanted to eat was the burnt toast and undercooked eggs he was currently staring at. He thought to himself, internally grimacing.

"I'll just get something at the office, okay. I'm late as it is now." Walking back to the bed to give her a kiss on the forehead, Damien gave a dramatic bow and moved walked out of the room, pretending not to see her face which was pulled into a frown.

Quickly he drove off to work.

Once he got there he settled into his office, and began to go through his schedule for today.

He had a lot to do and he didn't even know what to get started with at the same time. Calling his secretary in to fetch him a cup of coffee, he grabbed some files and then began to work. When he had marked off half of the things on his schedule, he decided to go through his mails and check for new ones.

His eyes widened when he saw an unread mail from Wilder Industries. Quickly tapping it open, he went through it, breathing out in relief when he saw it wasn't anything too important. His eyes skimmed through the rest of the mail box, skeptical at first to close it.

He was already done checking them all but as he made to exit the app, his hand hovered over the exit button.

He knew there was something he had been forgetting, but he couldn't quite put a finger on it, until...

Yes! He instantly recalled. It was the mail he had received from the private investigator. The one concerning some important infos about the Connors that he had forgotten to check yet again.

It had been so long ago Damien began to wonder why he never got a chance to go over it, and as he thought about it he realized that every time he wanted to open it, one thing or the other came up. Sighing, he tapped on the button to open the mail, and just as it began to load, albeit slowly his restless finger moved over a key on the screen, and poof... He deleted the mail by accident.

"No, no, no..." Damien inhaled sharply, trying to undo it, but it was already too late, "Fuck! Fuck! What the hell!" He yelled, raking his fingers through his hair as he searched for a solution but to no avail.

Now that he had finally remembered to read it, it had gotten deleted.

What kind of bad luck was this? Damien wondered, cursing internally. He knew that email was important, and the investigator had touched heavily on the fact that it was very important, but now he had lost it and he had no idea what to do at all.

Cursing himself over and over again, Damien grabbed his phone from his desk and quickly dialed Mr Rudiger's number.

"Hello?" He spoke into the receiver when the investigator picked up.

"Mr Daniels, good day. How may I be of help?"

Damien rubbed his forehead, still panicking, "Remember the mail you forwarded to me sometime ago? Well I never got round to opening it. Now I tried doing it and it just got deleted by accident. Can you resend it?"

"The one which had the addiction information on the Connors? Unfortunately, I don't have them anymore, sir."

"What?" Damien breathed, his hands tightening on his desk, "So it's gone? I haven't gotten a chance to even go through them." He still didn't know why he had been so absentminded. How had he forgotten? Dang!

"It should be somewhere on my other systems though. So don't worry, sir. I'll start searching for it as soon as I get off the phone. Once I find it, I'll forward it to you."

"So they're still around somewhere?" Damien asked.

"Yes sir, of course." Mr Rudiger said, allaying Damien's fears, and letting out a breath he didn't even know he had been holding, he felt his muscles loosen up at the same time as he relaxed into his seat, "Okay then. I'll be waiting," He said to the investigator before hanging up the phone.

"Fucking hell!" Damien cursed, raking his fingers in his hair in annoyance.

How could he have been so clumsy? So if it couldn't be recovered he would have lost something so important?

Letting a loud hiss escape him, already hating the whole day all over again, he stood from his chair and made his way to the wine cabinet. Grabbing a bottle of whiskey, he poured out a cup for himself and downed it in one gulp.

.......

Madison paced around her tiny room, her hands buried deep in her pocket and worry etched on her face.

It was nearly a week since she sent the letter to Damien, and she still hadn't received a response. Her mind raced with so many possibilities, as to why she didn't get a reply.

Maybe the letters from London to New York had been delayed, maybe he still hadn't received the letter nor checked for new mails... but the most terrifying thought to her was the fact that he might have seen and read the letter, but chose not to reply to her.

His hatred might have increased all over again and now that thought stung, it really did. Another emotion that came over her at that possibility, was fear.

What if he did choose not to reply her? It meant that there was no hope, and that he would go ahead with the investigation.

That would only spell trouble for her. She was the one who would bear the brunt of it, and she was already quaking in fear before anything could happen. She couldn't even begin to imagine what Damien would do. He hated her family with such a passion, that she knew nothing good would come out of it.

If he did read the letter, and discarded it then one thing was only obvious... He had it in for her family so bad.

The sound of rain splattering on her roof brought Madison out of her thoughts, and quickly she fetched the iron bucket she normally placed in the room because of the leaky roof and put it in its place.

Her heart was heavy and as she sat down on her bed once more, her mind began to race.

She didn't know what else to do. The thought of asking Alvarez to find out if Damien had received any letters crossed her mind, but she killed the idea at once. It would be a stupid thing to do. Alvarez was already wholly against the idea of sending the letter in the first place, and sending a second letter would be pushing it too far, but she just didn't know what else to do.

Trying to distract herself from the thoughts, she walked into her kitchen, cutting up a slice of bread and preparing a fish sandwich for herself.

She took a huge bite of the sandwich smiling at how good it tasted, and for a brief moment she forgot all about her worries.

Madison could not remember the last time she had eaten good fish, and picking up her plate of sandwich and a glass of water she moved back to her bed, chewing on her food as her mind continued to go back to the letter.

She managed to kill the thoughts until she was done with her dinner.

Afterwards she lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling as she wondered what to do now.

She tried to be realistic about the whole thing and determine what possibility was the most probable. There was no way she would know that, she didn't have some sort of magical power to know anything, and she was beginning to get frustrated all of a sudden.

She cast a guilty glance at another letter which lay on her table.

Just some days ago, when she hadn't gotten a response, Madison had written out a follow up letter yet again.

She had been hesitant to send it for obvious reasons – It would make her look pathetic if indeed he had gotten and read the letter, and decided be didn't give a shit.

Well the last thing Madison wanted was to look pathetic in front of him, but she tried to see it in another light.

She was always weighing two options. If he hadn't gotten the first one, then it would be a good idea to write another one. Maybe if he saw that she was insistent, he might actually start to listen, but still she wasn't sure and...

Heck she needed him to listen to her. At this point, she wouldn't deny the fact that she was desperate, and if being insistent would get him to hear her out, then so be it.

She had no choice.

Shakily, she stood to her feet, grabbing up a thicker coat and pulling it on before she would change her mind.

There was a slight drizzle outside and the weather was so cold, her fingers shook, but still she snatched up the letter from atop the table, carefully putting it in the pocket of her coat, as she began to prepare.

She would have waited for a while to see if the rain would cease, but Madison had a feeling that if she didn't do this now... if she didn't go now then she might change her mind before then.

Sucking in a sharp breath, and breezing out of the house, she locked her door behind her and jumped into the rain.

As she pulled her coat tighter around herself, she made a mental note to ask the post man of the whereabouts of the first letter, and if it had been delivered successfully.

Yes, she would ask that, but for now she had to get to the post office first.

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 6.7K 40
A Featured Wattpad Romance, Wattpad New Adult, and Wattpad Psychological Novel (triggering romance) **November 3, 2019: 1st place Winner of romance c...
119K 3.1K 90
Rank #1 in watty2020 28/1/2020 Rank #1 in eroticaromance 19/1/2020 Rank #9 in watty2020 13/1/2020 Rank #25 in passionate 10/1/2020 Rank #14 in Blaze...
22.3K 985 41
𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚 I'd sworn off of love and men after the fiasco that was my last relationship. Until I spent one steamy and passionate night with a dark...
385K 12.8K 46
"You have beautiful eyes, I'd love to be lost in them." He said with a soft smile on his face. "Has that line worked for every female?" "Maybe it h...