The Boy with the Violet Eyes

By SarcasticallyWitty

{SPIN-OFF TO "THE GIRL IN THE HOODIE" | SECOND BOOK IN THE SERIES} {2018-2023} *~* "Thank you for quitt... More

0 {Prologue}
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
20.5
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32 {Epilogue}

31

14.3K 719 1K
By SarcasticallyWitty

[Chapter thirty-one]

-Winnie-

I watch as Flynn, Octavia, Kamri, Mia, Lucas and Beau pose for pictures.

Let's rewind, shall we?

-

Octavia finally decided to put her plan in motion.

Unfortunately, that plan included me getting dragged along with her to hunt down the guy that took Lucas' virginity.

Fortunately, convincing him to ask Lucas to prom wasn't hard at all, because the dude has liked him for the last fOUR YEARS.

Octavia, Kamri and I crouch behind some bushes at the front of the school, spying on Lucas and Beau, who are sitting on one of the benches, a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolate in the former's arms. Lucas' face is so red, I'm getting starting to get a bit concerned.

"I'll see you later," Beau grins at the shorter male who looks like a whole tomato. He then nudges his head in the direction of the bushes we're crouched behind. "I think someone wants to talk to you."

I have never seen someone turn so pale as quickly as my sister did in that moment.

Kamri rubs her forehead in exasperation as I kick her straight in the ass.

"Why would you have half of your big ass, fucking head sticking out from behind the bushes, when we're meant to be spying?" I hiss at her as Lucas looks over.

"I will kill you, Winnie."

"Shut the fuck up." I kick her again and she falls out of the cover of the bushes. "Go talk to him. And don't come home until you guys are besties again."

-

And that brings us back to now: The night of prom.

I had already taken photos with them all.

I also have no idea where Adonis is, but he'll probably catch up with them on the way to the school.

Still, it would've been nice to see him all dressed up, looking like a full course fucking meal.

"Ben, stop trying to ruin the photos!" Uncle Danny shouts, grabbing his son and picking him up. "Don't make me tell your mother!"

Flynn and Octavia look at each other awkwardly as Kamri and Mia, and Lucas and Beau start taking couple photos before choosing to stand off to the side.

I sink back into the couch as I watch them, more sulky about the fact that Adonis isn't here, than anything else.

I feel a frail hand push my hair back gently as a body takes place on the couch next to me.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to prom, hun? I could always help you get ready." My grandmother, Tanya King, asks gently, running her hand through my hair.

I relax into her touch with a slight pout. "I'm sure, Nana."

"Then I take it you're just sulking because that Doni boy isn't here."

I look at her with my eyebrows reaching my hairline.

"How—"

"I know everything." She relaxes back into the couch cushion, tossing me a smug smile before laughing softly with a shake of her head. "Your father still tells me everything."

I groan silently. "You raised a snitch."

Nana smiles at me. "You're just like your mum, you know that?"

"I swear I have someone telling me that every three days."

"I'm sorry, my love. You just remind us all so much of her."

"I know." I sigh in defeat. "I just wish people would stop saying it all the time. After a while, it stops being a compliment and feels more like a constant reminder that she's gone."

I refrain from looking at her, knowing she has that sad look on her face. She cups my face gently, planting a few pecks on my temple and forehead. "I'm sorry, baby."

I just shrug, giving her a grin. "Don't worry about it."

"Okay, let's go, you little shits!" Uncle Max shouts, grabbing his keys out of his pocket.

"Can you not curse around my fucking kid, thanks." Uncle Danny grumbles as Dylan grabs his own keys since he, along with Max, are driving their six children to prom.

Kamri, Mia and Lucas hug me, while Beau just waves politely before they make their way out the front door.

Octavia simply flips me off. "Don't burn the damn house down."

I roll my eyes. "I hope you trip on your dress and die."

"I hope you—"

"Alright, get out." Flynn pushes lightly on Octavia's back and she stumbles out the door.

He picks me up and hugs me tightly. "I'll call you after this shitty dance."

I pat his back as he puts me down and my eyes narrow at his face. "Why do you look like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you know something."

"Gotta go." And he dashes out the doorway.

"You fucking punk!" I shout after him.

"Language!" Megan and Nana chorus in unison. Max, Dylan and Megan all kiss my forehead and hug Nana before walking out to the driveway, shutting the door behind them, leaving me with dad, Nana, Uncle Danny and Satan Jr—I mean Ben.

Dad has to go to work soon, and he'd drop Nana off at her home on the way. Uncle Danny and Ben would probably take their leave at the same time.

"Megan told me that she told you about the yellow dress."

I perk up at my grandmother's words, not stopping to ask why she's bringing it up in the first place. "Oh, yeah!"

I run up the stairs to my dad's room, finding him getting his things together.

"Hey, old man."

"Problem child."

I ignore that, bounding over to him. "Aunt Meg told me about mum's almost wedding dress."

He stops what he's doing and looks over at me. He then proceeds to sit down at the edge of the bed, patting the spot next to him.

"Did she tell you that Carter did actually end up wearing it?" He questions with a fond smile as I sit down next to him.

"No?"

He chuckles slightly. "I remember when she came home from dress shopping with mum, Megan and Aunt Mila. She was so excited when she told me she found a white dress she liked. I didn't think she'd choose it over the yellow one, but she would've looked beautiful either way, so it didn't matter much."

"Mum would've looked beautiful in a garbage bag."

"You're damn right she would have." Dad lets out a snort before shaking his head slightly. "She still really liked the yellow dress, though. And she was kinda disappointed that she didn't get to wear it. She didn't say it, but I knew she was. So after we got back from our honeymoon, I told her to put it on, and we had a fake ceremony in this very backyard, with just the two of us." Dad tells me with a small smile, nodding his head towards his bedroom window, which looks down into said backyard.

I can't help but smile at the thought of my parents having their own ceremony just so mum could wear the yellow dress.

"You still have it, right?"

He looks at me with a smile. "In the closet. You can...you can try it on, if you'd like."

My jaw drops slightly. "Rea—seriously?"

He doesn't say anything as he gets up, walking into his closet—half of which is still allocated to mum.

He digs around for a few seconds before turning back around, now with a black dress bag in hand.

He hands it to me. "Go ahead, sweetheart."

I look at him for a moment and he rolls his eyes before shoving me in the direction of the door.

"Don't make me tell Nana you're assaulting her favourite grandchild."

"You're not her favourite! I'm her favourite!" Ben's small figure appears in the doorway.

"You wish, demon spawn." I scoff, placing my palm on his face and pushing him away as I make my way to my room, hearing my dad let out a snicker.

"Nana! Winnie pushed me!"

"No, I didn't! He's lying!"

"Stop fighting!" Nana's voice comes from downstairs, followed by Uncle Danny's laugh as I shut the door to my room.

I throw off my dad's old sweatshirt, as well as the sweatpants I was wearing, carefully slipping on the silk, pastel yellow gown. I open my closet door to reveal the mirror which was hanging on the inside of the door.

I can't help but gape at myself as my eyes focus on my figure.

The gown was fitting at the top, with two thin shoulder straps. A sash joined the top to the skirt, which fell loosely, just barely dragging along the ground. My hair -which i have to admit, almost always looks good- is falling down my back in soft, brown waves.

And my eyes.

Oh, my eyes look just like mum's.

I honestly don't know whether I should laugh or cry.

Maybe both.

No one would judge me, right?

I bring my hand up to my face, poking my cheek. I never realised how similar Octavia and I actually look to mum. The only difference is that Tavi got dad's eyes.

*~*

-Third Person-

"Wanna dance?"

Octavia snaps her head around to look at Flynn, who looks back at her expectantly as they sit at their table by themselves as the two couples dance to whatever slow song was playing throughout their school gymnasium.

She chews on her lip awkwardly before nodding. "Sure."

The two walk over to a free space on the dance floor, which happens to be near Kamri, Mia, Lucas and Beau.

Kamri and Lucas both throw the two of them a thumbs up and Octavia quickly looks away while Flynn flips them off.

Flynn grips Octavia's waist lightly and her hands rest on his shoulders as they start slow dancing themselves.

After a moment of awkwardly dancing in silence, Octavia speaks up.

"I know I've been kind of a piece of shit this year, but I do like you. And I'm sorry I played with your feelings."

"It's whatever. Forgiven and forgotten. Don't sweat it..." Flynn sighs, gripping her waist tighter before pulling her against him. It feels more like a hug than slow dancing. "You know I've liked you for a while—a lot. But with all the shit that's happened with you and Lucas, and you and me, I don't think I'm ready for a relationship right now. And I don't think you are either."

Octavia bites her lip, knowing he's right. "No, yeah, you're totally right. I think I need to sort my own messy ass out before I can even think about dating."

Flynn laughs softly, and Octavia swears it makes her heart beat so hard against her rib cage that the cause of it can feel it.

Flynn pulls back slightly to look her in the eye. "Here, tell you what. I'll wait for you—because I've been like, in love with you, for so long, and I don't really think those feeling are gonna go away anytime soon. But I'll wait until you get your shit together, and if you still want to try things out in a couple years, I'll be here."

As amazing as that sounds, Octavia knows it would be completely unfair to ask him to do that. "I can't ask you to wait for me."

"I want to."

Octavia lets her eyes search his face for any signs of hesitation but when she finds none, she smiles. She places a quick peck against his cheek and he blushes slightly.

"I'd like that—but you better let me know if you meet someone who you think you'll actually have a future with. We're only in high school right now, you never know who you're gonna meet in the long run."

Flynn smiles back at her. "Deal."

*~*

-Winnie-

A knock on my door startles me and I quickly shut my closet door, turning towards the door of the room instead.

"Can I come in?" Dad's voice is muffled through the wood.

"Yeah."

He opens the door and stops, staring at me.

Oh God, I can see him getting emotional.

So much for Pebble.

"I heard what you said to your Nana earlier in the living room, but I—" he cuts himself off, getting choked up as his eyes become slightly glossy, before he clears his throat. "You look just like your mother."

I give him a small smile, feeling myself becoming emotional as I throw myself on my dad, hugging him tightly. "I'm gonna take that as a compliment."

He lets out a laugh, rubbing his hand up and down my back before pulling back and kissing the top of my head.

He pulls away completely, holding his arm out. "C'mere."

I give him a suspicious look before deciding to link my arm through his anyway.

He leads me out of my room and down the stairs to the living room where Nana, Uncle Danny, and Ben are watching Spongebob on the couch.

"Oh, my baby." Nana immediately stands up, her eyes becoming watery as she brings her hands up to her face, covering her mouth. She walks over to me, grabbing my face gently while rubbing her thumb over my cheekbone. "You look so, so beautiful, honey."

I smile, putting my own hands over hers, squeezing gently. "Thank you, Nana."

"You look pretty, Winnie." Ben's voice chirps from next to Nana. "But I still hate you."

Uncle Danny smacks his head, making the child whine.

I roll my eyes but can't help the small grin on my face as I ruffle his dark hair. "I hate you, too, kid."

"You look stunning, Winnie." Uncle Danny's smile is nostalgic. He presses a kiss to my temple and I squeeze his hand.

"Thank you, Uncle Danny."

"You know what we did during that fake ceremony?" My dad chimes in from behind me.

I turn around, giving him a look. "I swear to God, if you say you fu—"

"I will whoop your ass." He points a finger at me and I look at Nana with a look that says, 'are you seeing this shit?'. She just rolls her eyes in amusement, turning my head back to face my dad.

"Carry on, father lord."

He also rolls his eyes before continuing. "We carved our initials into the tree in the backyard. Well, I wanted to carve our initials in. Your bitchass mother had other ideas."

I can't help the loud laugh that escapes my throat. "What does it say instead?"

He just grumbles slightly, but I catch the small smirk on his face. What the hell is up with everyone today—

"Go look."

I huff, deciding not to argue.

I walk through the kitchen and bunch the end of the dress up in my hand so it doesn't get dirt on it during my trudge through the grass to the large oak tree, next to the fence.

It doesn't take long to find the carving and I snort out loud when I see it.

Carter
+
Pebble

It all started because
of a hood,
and a punch
in the face.

Suddenly, a bunch of fairy lights illuminate the whole backyard, as well as the tree.

"The fuck?" There are string lights and fairy lights along the fence, as well as twisting around the old oak tree. There are also more lights running along the edges of the yard as well as the house, decorating everything beautifully.

I turn around to see Adonis standing behind me, dressed in black suit bottoms, black dress shoes, and a black button up dress shirt, a small sunflower tucked into the breast pocket, matching the colour of the dress.

My lips part as I stare at him. He nervously tugs at the collar of the shirt, the top two buttons undone.

"How are you so fucking pretty?"

His eyes widen slightly at my words and he steps closer to me. "Me? How are you so fucking pretty?!"

I grin at him, proudly. "I get it from my mama."

His face then lights up as if he remembers something, and he pulls a black velvet box out of his pocket.

"You're not proposing are you?" I ask him. "Because my brain will stop working and I'll have no choice but to say yes."

"No, you dumb bitch!" He exclaims with a slight laugh, opening the box and showing me the gold locket sitting inside. "I saw you looking at this when we went to the mall a few weeks ago."

I didn't think he had noticed that.

He then flicks it open, only to reveal a mini version of the photo of mum we have hanging up. The other side is empty.

"Doni..."

"I also remember you saying this is your favourite picture of your mom. So I got your dad to print out a small version of it for the locket. And I left the other side empty so you can choose what you want to put there."

I don't say anything, simply turning around and hold my hair out of the way. He gets the hint and pulls the locket out of the box, placing it around my neck instead. I turn back around, adjusting it to sit against my collarbone comfortably before I hug him tightly.

"Thank you so much." I mumble against his chest. "This is the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever done for me."

He squeezes me tightly before taking a step back.

Music then starts playing, making me look over at the back porch, where a speaker sits. My eyes travel to the kitchen window, where Dad, Nana, Uncle Danny, and Ben are all gathered, watching Adonis and I closely.

I shake my head slightly, looking back at the boy with the violet eyes.

"This feels like some shit straight out of 'She's All That'."

The familiar tune of 'Baby I'm Yours', by Arctic Monkeys reaches my ears and I let out a happy laugh. I love this song. I remember mum and dad dancing to it more than any other song. I can clearly picture the two of them in the kitchen at nine o'clock on a Saturday morning, swaying slowly with mum's head resting on dad's chest, her ear pressed against the spot his heart would be. One of dad's arms wrapped around her lower back, and the other hand cupping the back of her head, holding her close.

Adonis chuckles slightly before holding his hand out in front of me, his palm facing up. "Would you like to dance, Loca?"

I don't hesitate to put my hand in his. "Of course, Hot Stuff."

He grins, pulling me against. His hands rest on my waist and my arms wind around his neck, hands fiddling with the hair at the nape of his neck as we start swaying. The bottom of the gorgeous, yellow gown brushes along the ground, but I couldn't care less at this moment.

~ Baby, I'm yours (Baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours until the stars fall from the sky
Yours until the rivers all run dry
In other words, until I die ~

From the corner of my eye, I see Dad and Uncle Danny fist bump, while Nana just smiles softly and Ben gives me a thumbs up, before they turn to leave. Danny lifts his son onto his shoulder while Dad and Nana share a grin. Dad wraps an arm around Nana when she runs a hand through his hair lovingly.

I turn my full attention back to Adonis, only to find him already looking down at me with a lovestruck smile.

I can't help but give him the same smile. "Thank you."

He perks up slightly, clearing his throat. "Oh! I—well, of course! You deserve nothing but the best!"

~ Baby, I'm yours (Baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours until the sun no longer shines
Yours until the poets run out of rhyme
In other words, until the end of time ~

I'm momentarily shocked but the grin quickly makes its way back to my face as I lean up and press a kiss to his cheek. "You're amazing, you know that?"

He seems to choke on air as he starts explaining. "Well, I knew you absolutely despised the idea of going to prom. But I still wanted to do something nice for you. So I talked to Flynn and your dad, and your dad mentioned how you and Tavi would always watch him and your mum dance to this song. And then Flynn told me that you would always talk about how you wished you'd be able to do the same with the love of your life—not saying that I'm the love of your life! But I just thought you would like it—but I also don't want you to feel like I'm trying to steal your parents' thing! But—"

My chest tightens at his adorable rambling and I grin up at him.

He notices my stare, which can only be described as heart eyes, and he stops talking. He suddenly gets shy, looking away. I hadn't even noticed that we had stopped swaying.

I remove one hand from behind his neck, bringing it down before I grasp his jaw, turning him back to look at me.

The poor boy looks like he's about to pass out, but he quickly composes himself as our faces get closer, hiding how flustered he is.

~ I'm gonna stay right here by your side
And do my best to keep you satisfied
Nothing in the world could drive me away
Every day, you'll hear me say ~

"Winnie?" He whispers, sounding out of breath.

"Yeah?" I match his tone and volume.

"Can I—"

This time, I cut him off.

I don't wait for him to finish his sentence before I press my lips against his.

I have waited way too fucking long for this moment.

Adonis is shocked for a moment, but he quickly recovers. His eyes flutter shut as his arms wrap around my lower back, pulling my body flush against his own. I can't stop myself from smiling into the kiss, my hand now cupping his cheek, the other now resting against his chest, where his heart is.

He pulls away when we start running out of air, blinking down at me. He doesn't pull his body away, which I couldn't be happier about.

"Winnie, will you—"

"Yes."

"I didn't—"

"Yes."

"You don't even know what I w—"

"I don't care. We've gone through way too much shit for us to not be together after this."

~ Baby, I'm yours (Baby, I'm yours)
And I'll be yours until two and two is three
Yours until the mountain crumbles to the sea
In other words, until eternity ~

He narrows his eyes at me, and next thing I know, his words are jumbled together as they leave his mouth.

"Willyoubemygirlfriend?"

I laugh, a large grin on my face. "Fuck yeah."

He grins, cupping the back of my head and pulling my face back to his, our mouths attaching again.

My hand buries itself in his hair as the other one grips his shoulder tightly. His other hand is now pressed against my upper back.

This time, we both grin against each other's mouths and I let out yet another laugh.

"I really like you." I mutter against his lips. "A lot. Like, a shit ton."

He chuckles. "And I really like you. A lot. Like, a shit ton."

I pull away and tug on his hair and laugh at the small whimper he lets out.

"You fucking bottom bitch." I laugh loudly.

"Stooop!" He whines, trying to kiss me again, but I grip his hair to keep him in place. "I wanna keep kissing you!"

I tug his hair again, my face becoming slightly more serious. "Don't fuck me over, please."

His face softens as his hand leaves the back of my head to cup my face instead. His thumb runs over my bottom lip, which is now swollen . "I couldn't do that even if I wanted to, Pretty Girl."

And I believe him.

I smile at him and pull him back down to kiss him for the third time that night.

Adonis doesn't know about Christian, or the shit he put me through. I'd tell him one day. Just not now. No. Right now, I just want to savour this moment.

~ Baby, I'm yours, 'til the stars fall from the sky
Baby, I'm yours, until the rivers all run dry
Baby, I'm yours, until the sun no longer shines
Baby, I'm yours, until the poets run out of rhyme
Baby, I'm yours ~

*~*

There you have it, boys, girls, non-binary babies, and everything in between!

They finally kissed!

Windonis, my love <3

I definitely did listen to Baby I'm Yours on repeat while writing this chapter.

Next up is the epilogue.

Also, if you haven't already, go check out my other book, 'Melancholy' (previously titled 'Five More Minutes'). The first three chapters are up already.

Thank you to those who stuck with this book for the last three fucking years—holy shit.

- Lee 🦄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326K 13K 49
A story about a girl and her brother goin around eatin people's and killing people's (duh) then one day they meets a persons who will change their fu...
269 67 53
Violetta plays video games on her phone and lives in her own world. That is, until the one person she called a 'friend' disappeared completely from h...
3.5K 362 66
(completed) #eroticromance #teenromance ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ This story contains sexuality, violence, strong language and other mature themes. ...
13.9K 171 30
After seeing so much of this on Wattpad, my brain was like: "How about you make one?" So I did. So yeah..This story is rated T for TEEN+ That means i...