WORLD DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM

By ZNDY123

While returning home from a boring day of work, a black hole opened up in front of John and sucked him in. Be... More

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
81-85
86-90
96-100
101-105
106-110
111-115
116-120
121-125
126-130
131-135
136-140
141-145
146-150
151-155
156-160

91-95

192 11 0
By ZNDY123

Chapter 91

Lukav smiled amusingly and said, "Anyway, this show is over after that one shot, now there would only be celebrations and headaches for some, let's try getting close to him and his men during this banquet . "

Duncan nodded as he gave his suggestion, "Well I can ask Georgio to schedule our meeting with Lord John . He is quite close to the knights when he was at the mansion previously . His friendly nature was one of the things why I sent him here, he is unlike the arrogant guys who are too full of themselves when it comes to important matters . "

****

Marquis commented to Frank after watching this scene, "I guess there will be big turmoil in the kingdom after everyone hears of this weapon, especially the Dukes, the Radiant church and the Royal Family . I wonder if they will still try to pressure John via different means . Let's head to the ceremony . I hope to get some of those Ballistas for my Mansion and Our Naval Fleet . I guess it's good that your son took his independent decisions or everyone would be regretting their actions and try to mend our ways, however, I wonder how you would try to appease Joseph since you would be representing Morgan Family . "

Frank nonchalantly said to Steve Ray, "Well I am not too worried it, I would rather have Joseph handle all the business in the north if there are some problems, As for both the duo of Grandfather and Grandson, they can pull their shit elsewhere, I am only interested in gains of Morgan family . Additionally, I am more interested in buying real-estate and local businesses, now that the laws have slackened here and they are encouraging trade and investment . Now I am pretty sure that this town atleast won't be devoured by Beasts unless a lot of people attack them . Though this is risky behavior, however last time when my son left the Morgan family, he reminded me of my past where I remembered that taking bigger risks could mean bigger gains as well . No big risks would mean no big gains aswell . I guess years of hardship made me a little bit precautious . "

Ray nodded and agreed, "Quite true, Maybe that is one of the reasons we can't achieve our goals since we are afraid of failures . "

***

Bishop Robert of Radiant church, "Hmm . . . So that was the reason why they were confident in making and confronting multiple enemies the last time around . It seems they have decided to show their hands now . We have a change in plans, we will try contacting the dukes and Royal family for cooperation from now onwards . "

One of the clerics hesitantly asked Bishop Robert, "Is it really ok to cooperate with Royal Family? You know they are always hostile to us because of that incident 128 years ago where we exerted some of our influence on the kingdom . "

Bishop Robert touched the scepter in his hands as he spoke, "Well, this Baron has quite a lot of guts since he is already confronting our interests whether it is mending relations with Demons or demi-humans . Plus he is the student of that Grand Potioneer Melanie so We always have to worry about them creating cheap drugs and reduce our influence . Additionally, we are only allying with the Royal Family on certain matters so it won't have any effect . However, we would need to tread carefully not to get bitten by those Jackals . However we can still try one last time as long as he ceases his relations with that Demon, you know the higher ups pretty much hate the guts of that demon as he has assassinated a lot of higher-ups in the past, however from the looks of the laws over here I don't think he will relent . Okay, lets head on and meet that head spy from the Royal family . "

Cleric reacted as he heard this, "Well, we are already in contact with him, however, it will take a lot of time to convince them for cooperation as there is very little trust between us . However, we can still contact that Baron easily, maybe how about enticing him with money, our coffers are always loaded you know . "

Bishop Robert gave a cunning smile as he replied to the cleric, "It's okay, even if it is done slowly it will be useful to us in the long run . Immediately contact their men . Meanwhile, tell that butler of the baron that I intend to have a meeting with the Baron and implicitly mention our conditions that they would have benefits as well, I want to see what sort of excuse do they have this time around to not meet me, if they ignore us again then you should know what is their answer . Well, I would still like to meet that Baron as I have one more hand . "

***

Watching the Ballista,

The Royal family Ambassador Luke Greenwald sighed and said to one of his men, "The matter is quite serious this time around . From the looks, I can see that he intentionally revealed this weapon 5 days before Prince Hector's Banquet, Quite a cunning guy . However, he underestimates the influence of the Royal family because this very weapon will be his downfall and he is already enemies with 3 out of 4 dukes . However, I still worry if he turns to that madman . I guess the Royal family will try to use the carrot and stick policy until they get this weapon . "

His right-hand man spoke, "Lord, it seems that the Radiant Church has finally set their sights on this Baron finally as they wanted to cooperate with us regarding a certain matter after watching today's show . It is a letter directly signed by Bishop Robert . "

Luke rebuked as he replied, "Do they want a pie in that weapon? If that is the case, tell him to piss off, we can lure this baron as we bribed the elders of the Lorr family so the radiant church won't have to worry . "

the henchmen reminded Luke of something, "Master, what about that spy of Prince Hector, who has recently stolen parts of the blueprints of that soap making machine? Don't you think the Baron would be quite angry if he knows of this . "

Luke mocked as he said, "Hmph . . . what can he do, he is just a small baron with some fame in a small period of time . Just make sure to keep this news a secret as long as we try to make a deal with that baron, in front of interests and power, he too will bend his knee . If he doesn't bend in front of wealth that would only mean two things:

1- He is too stupid and makes decisions based on his emotions or

2- He has bigger ambitions and has no interest in money which would be a bigger threat to us .

***

Meanwhile, after this show, John saw various notifications on his menu which indicated that reputation and exp points were increasing in and around his domain .

"Congratulations to host on crossing the threshold of 80 reputation points . The fact that you decided to show your power has increased the faith among the people of the domain about the safety of this city . Your current reputation points are 81/100 . Congratulations on acquiring 3 million exp points on showing Military power to the people your town . "

"Congratulations on acquiring more reputation among the traders as they respect you more unlike previously . You have 25/100 External reputation points . Congratulations on acquiring 2 . 5 million exp points by showcasing your Military power to the surrounding domain lords . "

"Meanwhile we have a special offer for you, you can acquire advanced and efficient agricultural machines to improve the productivity of your domain, it would only cost you 7 million exp points however you would need 85 internal reputations points or you can get it for 14 million exp points . As the population of your town increases you would need more food so I suggest you buy it . "

John thought as he heard the notifications, 'Again with her scammy behavior . Nah, maybe I will need it later on so I shouldn't dismiss it already . And it seems there are a lot of eyes from the way my reputation points jumped instantly . '

Taylor came and said to John who was in his thoughts, "Lord, it seems we caught the attention of a lot of people today from the way they are reacting . The representative to the Radiant church again came today and wanted to make a meeting with you . They again implicitly said that we can have a lot of wealth as long as we stop associating or at least start distancing from the Demons . From the looks of it, it seems that the Radiant church has quite a big grudge with Vlad and his men . "

Chapter 92

John thought and spoke, "Well, I can meet them but there wouldn't be any productive talks and both parties antagonism with each other would only increase with more disagreements . And I have already made my intentions clear when I previously announced those laws . "

Taylor worried said, "Lord this time, the Bishop himself came personally . Bishop Robert's position in the Radiant church is quite high as he controls the northern domain and its activities, and it seems it was also his plan where he wanted the printing machine to be made to use . Plus they would give us big trouble later on inevitably when the size of our city increases . "

John understood and nodded, "Hmm . . . I don't think I can agree since he would want the papermaking technology and printing machine by hook or crook . Additionally, their Ideology is quite stringent which won't suit our interests currently . moreover, I heard he is already in talks with the Royal family . Well, he would be in for a surprise as I already intended to make a deal with the Royal Family and also warn my enemies . Meanwhile, hiding our real strength, I hope we can get some time after making this deal with the royal family . As for the Healing services, you won't have to worry, I already talked with Grandma Melanie and she agreed to train some pupil at the institute in basic herbology . You too would be required to recruit more basic and intermediate herbologists for our institute from now on as I intend to create a big laboratory for inventing and creating cheap drugs in case of an emergency . I would personally lead and act as the head of this department . You can use master's name to attract more people and also give them the information regarding the huge funding as they would not be short on resources when it comes to various bigger experiments . "

Taylor smiled as he understood John's intentions, " Okay, Hmm . . . From the looks of it, balancing The Royal family and Radiant church is quite hard however this would at least make the Royal family reduce their guard . "

John smiled as Taylor understood his intentions, "It's good you caught on earlier, I intend to squeeze some benefits from the Royal Family and make a balance between the royal family and the Radiant church . Come, let's meet the guests first . "

Taylor replied as remembered, "Okay, Marquis Ray and others are already waiting for us in the lounge and it seems Georgio is here as well . From the looks of it, everyone is interested in the ballistas . "

***

The spy named Simon who bought off the blueprints thought as he saw the commotion and said to his men, "It seems we would have to release the new type of soaps which we can make after acquiring those blueprints however I don't think Prince would be happy after watching this show . And there is that ambassador as well . Hmm . . . make sure to escort that guy (spy) out to the imperial capital this can at least save master's face . It was good that I acted quickly . "

One of his men replied, "Okay, we will immediately escort him to one of Lord Hector's mansion in the Imperial Capital . Lord Simon, As for the Ambassador, he has ordered us to wait for the deal to complete before revealing the new soaps . "

Simon thought a bit and ordered him, "You don't have to worry about it . In the end, it will be Lord Hector's decision . Just reply to him, We will consider his proposal and wait for Lord's consent on whether to abide by it or not . You just have to follow the orders . "

The Man nodded and replied to Simon, "Okay Lord, I will be leaving after delivering the reply . "

***

Joseph saw Eric's good mood and asked, "Eric, from the looks, you are quite excited today, I guess you are eager to take those Ballistas back to your crew . "

Eric laughed with an excited look, "Haha, that's true, this weapon would indeed be a good addition for us in naval warfare and I have already lost quite a few men by the pirate attacks recently so I wanted to make sure to increase the morale of our crewmembers . This weapon would be quite a good addition to us physically as well as mentally . I am sure they are already excited after watching this show . However, I think your father and Marquis would be more surprised after watching today's show . "

Joseph grinned as he began to speak with pride, "Well, I am quite happy with my previous decision this time around, from now on I won't have to be worried about Grandpa and the lack of resources . I have one more piece of good news, I will be the head of the Federation of the Chambers of Commerce that is going to be set up by John to keep an eye on the types and volume of goods that would be circulated in the market from now on . And it seems John is quite good at trade from how he made those taxation rules and introduced those new accounting methods . Quite a lot of merchants were surprised to find that they weren't able to dodge taxes here however they were quite happy with the lower taxes and the loopholes they can use in other domains . "

****

Everyone arrived back at the Square of Hope,

There was a lot of commotion going on at the market place, it was full of people with an atmosphere similar to a festival . The surrounding Hotels around Hope was a Vip area where all the important guests were staying currently .

Kevin spoke to Michael, "It seems, our city will flourish quite a bit after this event . I was quite worried about the beasts earlier . It seems I was worried about nothing . "

Michael thought as he drank his beer, "So this was the thing that the officials were indicating about earlier when we inquired . I guess they made sure to keep it under wraps so that they can reveal it at the right moment . "

Thomas grinned and said, "What have you thought about the joint animal farm in the village, do you want to manage it? Lord's butler Taylor was very happy with your proposal and decided to invest fully in the project while only taking 70 percent in the big animal farm . He has said, the Lord decided to invest in your proposal and wanted to share the benefits with everyone in your settlement as this was quite a promising project . As you were the one who proposed it, you will be getting 5 percent of the shares on the farm, meanwhile, the remaining 25 percent will be divided among all the inhabitants of the settlement who are willing to work there . Taylor has given the deed for the land and is waiting for us to make a team and divide work, they will later issue the funds after the creation of the team . You did receive the news, right?"

Michael smiled and he spoke when he heard Thomas, "I did receive the news, I discussed with my Wife later on and we have decided to manage the animal farm . She said it would be quite beneficial for our son later on when we can enroll him at Rose Institute . It seems she can read and count now and it has been quite a headache as she always tries various new things . Well, her cooking has certainly improved as well so learning at the school has their pros as well . "

Kevin laughed as he heard Michael's concerns, "Hahaha, well I am quite happy with the improved cooking of our women . And they won't be conned by traders as they can count now . "

Thomas sighed as he spoke nostalgically, "Looking back I am quite happy that John took over this village . It has only been 3 and a half months and there are already so many changes . "

Kevin too sighed, "That's true, at this time of the year, I would usually be worried about next harvest, taxes and if we can make it past the next winter . "

Kevin lifted the mood as he spoke, "Well, why don't we worry about the management team of the animal farm and move on from our past . "

Thomas remembered something and said, "Meanwhile, warn the inhabitants to not to sell their shares to outsiders as they may try to profit from it . If anyone really wants to sell their shares in the future then they can go directly to Taylor . "

Chapter 93

***

There was a Banquet now after the show,

Ambassador Luke tasted some food and commented, "It seems the food here is quite good . From the looks of it, Ray, you weren't bragging when you publicized about the food made by Baron John's men . "

Marquis Ray grinned as he spoke, "To be honest, you would be more surprised if you try all the delicacies over here since I only tried some of the food made by his men when he visited me earlier . And buttering up with me won't help you . "

Luke laughed, "Of course, I know the noble etiquette . Interests and Honor triumph above everything else . Well, today I am only here to lay out the position of Royal Family . To be very honest, I was quite surprised by the previous event . "

Bishop Robert interrupted as he spoke after he heard Luke, "However, from what I heard, the Baron here is quite stubborn when it comes to certain things . "

Luke rebuked him and spoke, "Well the same can be said about Radiant church, you guys have stringent rules as well . As for Baron John, I can't be sure since I heard he was quite easy going with his own people as we can see that he reduced the taxes here to the lowest point possible so that commoners can have an improved life . I can see why he chose to reduce the taxes as he had an alternative to knights and these weapons would surely reduce the burden of the state . "

Taylor spoke as he heard the conversation, "Well our Lord did spend quite a lot when he made this weapon . I hope everyone is enjoying the banquet today . Lord will arrive in a minute . "

Luke smiled as he replied immediately, "Butler Taylor won't have to worry, because I am sure this banquet can rival the cuisines of Royal banquet, I hope you guys can introduce some of the cuisines at the Royal court during celebrations . Meanwhile, I wonder If I can have a private meeting with Lord John later on . "

Taylor understood Luke's meaning as he heard him, "Surely, Lord was quite surprised when he heard that you were present today at the event, He also hoped to have a talk with you . Both Lord and Ambassador Luke can meet later on after the banquet . "

Duncan couldn't hold Lukav as Lukav came to the front and said, "Ahahahaha, It seems the rumors weren't filled with bias when they praised the cuisine of Hope . Duncan, come and have a bite, these dishes are quite delicious, I especially liked this thing called Pizza . "

Duncan Facepalmed as he heard Lukav after he ate the delicacies, Duncan thought, 'I guess I really can't control Lord Lukav completely . I guess Lord may also be trying to judge the baron since the baron has enough strength to protect himself after watching the previous show . '

Duncan replied as everyone on the scene was watching them, "Haha, I guess we came uninvited today, I hope you guys don't mind . "

Lukav Rebuked Duncan when he heard, "Hey, who says I came uninvited, I got a letter of invitation for this banquet, We just decided to come here in a disguise . "

Lukav looked at others and said, "As for you guys, you don't have to worry, I was only interested in this town as I heard there were a lot of new things coming out of this town . "

Ambassador Luke came and first saluted Lukav, "I would have already paid my respects to you, your highness, if I knew you were going to come over here . "

Lukav watched both Luke and Robert and continued, "I am quite sure both of you are full of schemes today after watching that weapon in action . You won't mind if I buy some of those weapons, right?"

Ambassador Luke said in a roundabout way to Lukav, "Of course your highness, I don't mind, however, I am not sure about how your father would react or would Baron John really want to sell those weapons to you . "

Meanwhile, John just arrived when this scene was taking place,

John came and lifted up the tense mood that was taking place, "Today is a joyful event so I hope everyone can have fun, today we will be serving the newest alcohols that we made at the brewery, I hope everyone enjoys it . Taylor, order the men to serve it to everyone . The first one is a white wine called snow and the second one is a Red wine called Red Moon . This will only be served in Hope restaurant and sold in small quantities at our stores every day . "

Ambassador was quite surprised but he didn't show it at his face as he first took the white wine cup and drank it slowly, "Hmm . . . this wine is quite good, perfect for the parties . "

Marquis Ray also took a sip and spoke, "Yes, This wine is a lot better compared to the best ones that I have in my cellar . I think I will buy both of them back to Pearl City . "

Frank whispered to Marquis Ray when he said it, "It seems today you used your words quite astutely because from what I know, I think you still have the Royal wine that is usually produced by King's brother in law . "

Marquis Ray coughed a bit and whispered to Frank, "Ahem Ahem, of course, you have to be careful with your words . I hope you won't mention that again"

Frank laughed and spoke, "hahaha, I am only teasing you, you shouldn't be worried . "

Lukav drank Red Moon and gave his opinion, "I think this red wine suits me quite well, it is heavier compared to all the drinks I had tried earlier . Additionally, it also has a sweet taste that goes well with it . "

Lukav continued as he tried the white wine as well, "This white wine name snow is light compared to the Red moon, However as Ambassador previously said, it is suited for parties where both men and women can drink . Well, I would still prefer this red wine over white wine . And in my personal opinion, both of these wines are the best wines I have tried in all these years . "

John laughed, "Hahaha, I am quite glad, you guys were happy with our new wines . "

Meanwhile, everyone was quite shocked after hearing Lukav because they knew that Lukav didn't easily give good criticism when it came to alcohol .

Duncan sighed a breath of relief when he heard Lukav, "I guess Lord still has some tacit since we are here to make an alliance . "

Georgio whispered to Duncan, "Or maybe those wines are really that good as even Lord was compelled to praise about them . You should be aware of our Lord's personality when it comes to wines . "

Duncan sighed as he heard Georgio, "I guess you are right as well . Since we can't expect the Lord to change overnight . Both ways it is good . "

Lukav asked Taylor, "So who are the creators of these wines, I would really like to meet them since they can make such wonderful wines . "

Taylor coughed a bit and spoke with pride, "Ahem . . . Ahem . . . Actually, both of the formulas were given by Lord John, As you know Lord is a Pharmacist and dabbles a lot in herbs and other plants . So he incidentally created those wines is what I think . "

Lukav had surprised look on his face when he heard John created both of these wines, "Quite an interesting guy . It seems he likes to explore a lot and create more novel and new things . Well, I hope I can get a carriage full of Red Moon . You see I am quite fond of Wines, I hope you don't reject me . "

Georgio spoke to Duncan, "It's quite surprising to see Lord behave in such a manner . "

John nodded and answered Lukav, "Since today is a special occasion, we won't reject anyone on personal orders . I hope we can get back to real business . "

After the end of the Banquet, everyone got back to real business .

John smilingly greeted Marquis Ray and said, "It has been quite a while, Marquis Ray and Mr . Frank . I am sure you were quite surprised by all the events that took place today . "

Marquis Ray smiled and replied, "It surely has been an eventful day . I never thought it would be this big . I heard from Joseph that he is going to be the Head of the Trading Chamber of Commerce of your domain . Okay, I will get straight to the point, I wonder if we can buy those ballista's to arm our naval fleet, I think it would be better for both of us since our trade routes would be protected more firmly and that would reduce pressure on Joseph while you guys could get a big defense contract that would also include future maintenance . I have a piece of good news for you, Duke Sapphire Rose will come to meet you personally in a few days, because of certain circumstances he was stuck earlier and couldn't make it up over here in time today, however, it is not an official visit . From what I know it would be an opportunity for both of you . "

Chapter 94

John smiled and replied, "I guess that won't be a problem since I have already decided to arm Joseph's fleet . I will keep in mind about Duke Sapphire's visit . "

Marquis Ray laughed as he mentioned Frank and Joseph, "Frank will handle all the negotiations later on . Since Joseph is one of your men now, I think you might intentionally make Joseph handle all the negotiations . Well, I only Hope his Grandfather Carl doesn't curse him like hell . "

***

Ambassador Luke spotted Melanie as she arrived, "It has been quite a while Grand Potioneer Melanie, I didn't see you previously at the show of Ballistas . Father and a lot of people in the court still miss you . "

Melanie mocked Luke as she heard him, "I think they miss my potions more than me and curse me more when they are in a bad mood . As for the Ballistas I wasn't interested in them as I already knew about them . "

Ambassador Luke tried to confirm one of the rumors as he asked her, "I heard you recently decided to teach some students on Pharmacy in the Rose Institute from now onwards . I guess you have decided to fight the Radiant Church actively . "

Melanie thought and said, "Well that's the only thing that my Disciple asked me in help and it was for the well being of common people so I thought to help him out . Recently, Eva has been too busy with the institute so I thought to help her out when I am present at the institute . I guess your only goal here is the Ballistas that John showed earlier . Well, You won't have to be disappointed as long as it is a fair deal . I guess he wanted to balance out the enemies he had made recently . However, don't push your luck and be too greedy when dealing with him . "

Ambassador Luke showed a surprised as well as a happy face when he heard that, "Of course, we will give him a fair deal, I guess Lord John didn't want to compromise with Radiant church when it came to certain ideologies of theirs where they discriminate other species . However, I will still warn you that the madness of the Radiant church won't stop with using money as well . I guess they have taken a liking to paper and printing unlike the Royal family . "

Melanie mocked him when she heard him, "Well you guys are no different as well when it comes to certain interests, it's just that this time you guys are only interested in Ballistas so I guess John decided to ally with a stronger force with fewer restraints . So don't be hypocritic in front of me . "

Melanie meanwhile thought, 'I guess John values the printing technique more than those ballistas . Maybe he and the Radiant church can see what others can't . Or maybe it is Vlad and Tornwall's influence that he doesn't want to impose the Radiant church's ideology . I guess it is the mix of both . '

Luke blushed as he heard her however he didn't refute her as she knew the in's and out's of the Royal Palace .

Luke looked at Marquis Ray and commented in front of Melanie, "It seems John is done with his business talks with Marquis Ray, From the looks of Marquis Ray I guess he got what he wanted . I think reading people's expressions has become a habit because of this Job . "

looking at Robert he mocked, "looking at Bishop Robert, I think he is quite angered by the answer of butler Taylor . However, it can be seen that he is still waiting to meet Baron John . Well, I will head first and conclude our talks . "

****

John greeted Ambassador Luke when he entered his office .

Ambassador Luke smiled as he met John, "It looks like you intentionally revealed your position to Grandpotioneer Melanie before you decided to meet me . Well, I will get straight to the point, The Royal Family would like to purchase the Blueprints of the Ballista you presented previously . Ofcourse we will offer you enough compensation for the production lines and those blueprints . Currently, we are prepared to waive off the Taxes for the next 50 years and promote your Aristocratic status from Honorary to Hereditary Status . Meanwhile, your Noble status would also be promoted from a Baron to Count . "

John thought, "Well, I don't think that would be enough since the yield in my domain would be quite negligible to the Royal Family . As for the Noble achievement, I can easily earn them in war and get the hereditary as well as the status of the Count with those weapons . I think you need to stop being stingy . The only real gain is the waiving-off of the taxes but it would be accumulated in the next 50 years . "

Luke blushed a bit and made an excuse, "Of course, that was only our initial offer, Royal Family is also prepared to give special rights to you where you can trade at the Domains controlled by the Royal family with half the taxes just like the Dukes . You can also have access to markets of Imperial Capital without any restriction . And because of all the troubles that Prince Hector is giving you and as we can't control him If you have any special requests then we can consider them as a sort of compensation . "

John smiled as he heard and mentioned his request, "Special requests? I would like to have the right to expand my borders in the wilds . Of course, I won't infringe upon the rights of my fellow neighboring lords as long as they don't infringe upon my rights . And as I am recruiting basic and intermediate Pharmacist/Potioneers I would like to get in contact with some of them as I hope to counter The Radiant church by expanding my funding and my research on the common diseases . I would also like to have access to granaries of Imperial Capital in case of emergencies, of course, I will buy it at market price . "

Ambassador Luke "Well, we can agree to your requests as long as this deal is completed before winter this year . In fact, we are even prepared to give you access to one of the magic metal mines . However, you would not be allowed to sell the blueprints and the technology to any other party . I don't think any of us would lose in this deal "

John thought and agreed as he wanted access to magic metal mines, "The magic metal mine is quite enticing . Okay, I will take this deal since I don't have any access to magic metal mines, I hope this deal is announced before Prince Hector's Banquet and this as well is one of my conditions .

Luke asked him as knew Prince Hector would certainly reveal the new soaps and said to John indirectly, "Are you sure? Because I think this will anger Prince Hector and Duke Norman quite a lot . We won't take any guarantees on any of their actions . "

John shrugged and spoke without any hesitation, "Well, Prince Hector is a petty person either way so I would like to rub salt on his wounds . And you can't control them either way so I guess it is all right . I am only interested in legal rights to expand my borders so I guess this works . "

Ambassador thought on John's answer, 'This guy has quite the guts while at the same time ruthless to his enemies, And bolder than what we previously thought, from the looks he isn't really afraid of Duke Norman or Prince Hector . I guess he likes to hide his true intentions by appearing weak . It's good that he is only interested in the wild lands, he would have to start from scratch even if he is able to survive after this winter . '

Ambassador Luke smiled and nodded, "Well, I guess we can conclude the deal . We can immediately sign the Deal and I can immediately announce it to everyone . I will take my leave as we have concluded the deal . "

John too nodded, "Taylor will handle the deal, I will inform him about the details . I hope you enjoy your stay at Hope . I am sure you will be satisfied with the hospitality of my men . "

Luke thought about the deal as he left for the party as he watched Prince Lukav, 'It's good that he had friction with the Radiant church or it would have cost us more to get those ballistas . However, I guess it wouldn't have been possible without the magic metal mine that we offered him . I wonder why that madman is here today, I always wonder why he doesn't along well with anyone in his family . I guess the Royal family has its own secrets that they intend to hide . '

Chapter 95

***

Lukav took another glass of Red Moon as he asked Duncan, "Duncan, what do you think of the wines presented by Baron John? it was the first time that I was this surprised after drinking a glass of wine this good . "

Duncan looked at Ambassador Luke who was quite cheerful, "That's true the wines were quite good, to be honest . Meanwhile, from the looks of Ambassador Luke, it looks like he was able to achieve his goal this time around . So I am sure he offered something invaluable . "

Lukav replied, "My intuition says that this ballista is not everything that we are watching right now . While observing John previously it looked like he intentionally disclosed this weapon to get some benefits . Well, maybe I am only imagining things . As for Luke, he would only work for the interests of the Royal family . He is most likely happy that it didn't cost him much to complete the deal . My instincts say they will betray John later on however they would be in for a surprise . "

Duncan nodded as he gave his conclusions, "Though I am a person who mostly believes in evidence . However, from my experience, Lord's intuition has mostly been right so there may be there are some things that we don't know . Well, we are in for a show from the looks of Bishop Robert . "

Lukav rebuked and mocked them, "As long as they don't change their arrogant ways, no one would want to work with them . As for the show, the most they will do is intimidate him or his loved ones . You should know why they banned me and my men as I decreased the Morale of Radiant church whenever I caught their spies and assassins as I tortured them publicly . Those men would even renounce their faith in fear of getting castrated . The more humiliating part for them was us freeing their men after they renounced their faith . "

Duncan laughed as he remembered the past and sighed, "Hahaha, that was quite a funny affair years back . I guess it is our grudge with the current pope that we can never reconcile . I guess a lot of people will burn in Lord's vengeance including the pope . "

Duncan looked at Lukav's scary face as he decided to shut his mouth and keep quiet about the previous incident .

Duncan continued as he saw Bishop Robert heading to John's room with his scepter, "Well, as far as Bishop is concerned I don't think he will get anything even after meeting John personally . And after knowing John's personality I know one thing for sure, he won't abandon his men even if he is a slave after knowing the previous incident . "

***

Bishop Robert thought as he looked at Luke, 'From the looks of Luke, it seems he was able to get a deal with this Baron, it seems hard tactics won't work . Well, we can still change our plans and adapt accordingly . '

Bishop Robert entered the room as Taylor greeted him inside .

He shrugged him off as he sat without greeting John as he intended to intimidate him a bit .

Bishop Robert was a Bald man with an Average height, he had a big scepter in his hands and like all the Bishops he was covered in a luxurious White Gown . He had an air of Authority and Superiority around him that naturally made him stand out in front of others . He was a bit fat on the physique and wore a lot of accessories that looked like it boosted his magical powers .

John still didn't mind it as he greeted Bishop, "Greeting to Bishop Robert . I hope you are doing well . "

Bishop Robert took it as a sign of submission from John as he smirked and said, "I guess you still know your manners . "

John still smiled as he said with a firm and ruthless glint on his face as he kept holding Robert's hand tightly, "However I would like to say to you that I won't abide by your conditions if it involves me deserting my relations with Master Vlad and the other races or your interest in my Printing Techniques . "

This time John's smile resembled more like Vlad's smile that was quite scary to others who knew about his past deeds however it would seem Innocent to the ones who didn't know about him .

Bishop Robert sweated as he took back his hand and replied, "It seems you are quite different from what is said in the rumors . You have the eyes of a predator . Okay, we won't talk about your relations with those scummy demons, we will purely talk business, what do you say about providing printing services to the Radiant church, as we know that you intend to hoard the printing technology we won't ask for it, we will provide you more than the current market prices . We want you to print our bible in large quantities so that we can provide it to every head cleric of the Radiant Church and we want it printed on those new papers that your men created recently . And what if we can provide you more information on Prince Hector, then will you still consider our proposal?"

John thought and decided to play the waiting game, "Well it will only shorten some time compared to manual labor . are you still okay with that?"

Bishop was still satisfied as he agreed to John's proposal, "Well we only want a thousand books printed that we can provide it to all our men . Even if you can provide us with 100-120 books a month, we hope you finish it by two years . It takes a lot of money, time and resources if we do it manually or ask people in the capital to do it . The biggest problem is hiring people so We will provide you with money or other things as you won't have to worry . "

John seriously, "Well, what is the information that you have on Prince Hector . "

Bishop Robert laughed and handed over some documents to John, "Well from our sources, we know that one of Prince Hector's men was able to infiltrate Ron's workshop and was able to steal a part of blueprints of your soap making machines . I am sure that the spy has already escaped your borders . "

Bishop Robert grinned, "From your looks, it can be seen that you were conned by that scammer from Royal Family . Am I right?"

John looked at the documents and thought, 'It seems George was worried about the infiltrators that he might have encountered at his workshop and wanted to meet me previously, I guess today's meeting was still a bit late . Well, it was good that I took back the Blueprints of the Guns previously . Well, it is not a big matter as they still aren't in the possession of the full blueprints of the soapmaking machine or how to use it . '

John smiled and replied to Bishop Robert, "Happy cooperation, Lord Bishop . "

Bishop Robert grinned as thought about the conversation, 'I think I was at least able to make a crack between both the Royal family and this Baron . This meeting was still better than nothing, the royal family and this boy allying would be a nightmare for us . '

Bishop Robert left as he spoke these words, "This meeting was worthwhile, I hope to meet you again in the future if there is any business . "

Bishop Robert took out a token and gave it John before leaving, "You can always meet me at our Northern Headquarters at Dolores by showing this token . I am quite sure you will need our help in the future . Meanwhile, we also have a lot of information which we usually sell . I will be taking my leave now . "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 558 157
Author: Xue Xiuhu Eight years after the end of the world, Wenzhu struggled to survive, and once he crossed over, but he reached a new end. The good n...
2K 311 28
In the isolated world of Veridonia, three teenagers-Axelle, Wylan, and Keira-uncover dark secrets and face dangerous truths as they battle a deadly p...
32 7 3
[A short story set in the Witch Doctors Inc universe] *** He writes to her. She is long gone. She is everything. She is perfect. She is eternal. She...
233 1 5
What if Dante got caught one night during his devil hunter duties and forced into UA hero course? Check for yourself reading this poorly written fan...