WORLD DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM

Oleh ZNDY123

While returning home from a boring day of work, a black hole opened up in front of John and sucked him in. Be... Lebih Banyak

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
26-30
31-35
36-40
41-45
46-50
51-55
56-60
61-65
66-70
71-75
76-80
86-90
91-95
96-100
101-105
106-110
111-115
116-120
121-125
126-130
131-135
136-140
141-145
146-150
151-155
156-160

81-85

187 10 0
Oleh ZNDY123

Chapter 81

Jake just arrived after completing his mission at Redwood city, he saw that there was a commotion going on near the restaurant where his mother worked and decided to check what was going on over there .

Jake saw that her mother was bleeding profusely as some people from the restaurant were helping her .

Watching this scene Jake was able to control his feelings as he saw her mother bleeding and thought, 'Surprisingly I was able to control my feelings when I saw mom Bleeding, back in the past I would have surely been enraged and acted rashly . It seems that my Training had a lot of effects on my body but it was the mental state that changed me the most . I wouldn't have realized about this unless I encountered such an incident . '

Jake calmly approached her mother as he saw her bleeding as he wanted to know about the situation, as soon as he saw Evan Laguna he understood what was going on over here . He remembered the past events as he saw Evan .

'I don't know if I should regret or rejoice over helping that poor girl Barbara from the hedonistic schemes of this Silkpant Duke Laguna . This time he will pay dearly for hurting mom . I will make sure he feels that same amount of pain that I did all these months as a slave at Pearl city .

Jake looked at Evan sharply, this clearly reflected his cold demeanor and killing intentions .

Evan smiled as he saw Jake and said, "So it seems your whole family was bought here, From the looks, it seems you still haven't changed that annoying look from your face . I guess your master is taking good care of you . You should just have behaved like a slave just like your mother as you are a slave . I wonder if your master would choose to protect you and your family or he would rather choose to offend me and house Laguna for mere slaves . "

Evan's knights talked among themselves

The first knight said, "The Lord here is a mere honorary Baron on the outskirts of the borders with a few good institutions which could be ruined anytime . I am sure, the baron here will fawn over Lord Evan like all the others . "

Other Knight said, "That's not quite true, The Baron here had previously offended Prince Hector indirectly at the auction so we can't be sure . "

The first knight grinned and said, "I guess you don't know the full story, many say that the baron here was clearly ignorant of the factions and how they worked in the upper class and hence he unknowingly offended Prince Hector . I am sure that the baron is currently regretting his actions and hence tried to make allies at the south in hopes of getting protection but the geography alone won't help him even if they wished to help his domain . He could at most get small help from them and a lot of his money will eventually be squeezed out by those traders in the south . I think the Lord is trying to show this baron his place by putting him in a difficult position . "

Another Knight said, "I guess this is because of Lord's long travel to get good food here as he heard about it and eventually meeting this family that pissed him off . Additionally, buying them wasn't a problem but treating them like valued slaves is what pissed off lord more as he hoped to teach this family a lesson as that boy previously ruined our plans . "

The first knight raised his sword pointed at Jake and said to him, "Hey Kid why aren't you kneeling now that you are in front of Lord Evan? Don't you know the laws for slaves?"

Dearil meanwhile was watching this show keenly as he thought, 'Let's see how he deals with this situation, he is quite calm unlike what I thought previously . It seems he is currently analyzing his opponent and his chances of succeeding . It seems analyzing his opponents has become an instinct for him after his training period .

Jake furrowed his brows as he heard the knight, he was already angry after watching her mother bleed, this time instead he replied to the knight with a mischevious smile, "What if I don't? What can you do to me? Mind you, your lord doesn't own this land . So piss off already with those bunch of thugs . "

Behind his smile, there was a good scheme going on how to bait the knight as he pretty much understood the mindset of these knights who were full of pride and honor as he intentionally and provocatively said the last words .

The knight was quite angry as he had never seen a slave talking back to him in such a way, he felt incredibly humiliated . Jake's baiting worked as the Knight roared and dashed towards Jake with his sword without asking anyone's permission as it was implicitly implied that slaves never had any legal rights even if they died and most of the time, the matter could be solved by paying their initial costs,

The knight Roared loudly, "You surely have quite a vicious tongue as you managed to anger me . I hope you are as good as your tongue in combat . "

Jake grinned and continued to provoke him, "I am sure you have the same skills when it comes to combat . "

One of the knights said as he saw this scene, "That kid is a goner, he is only a slave or does he really think he has any rights? Marcus will try to torture and kill him slowly . Even if his lord comes and begs to spare his worthless life, this kid will most likely be killed or disabled for the rest of his life . "

Another knight laughed and said, "Are you kidding me, do you really think any lord would stake his reputation and humiliate himself for sparing a mere slave it would have been a different case it if was a valuable knight or magician . And as for the fate of this kid, he most likely would die by his sword in the next clash if Marcus is merciful . If not, like you previously said, he would die a torturous and painful death . However, the biggest thing is that the Lord of this domain will anyway be humiliated now that the situated has risen to these levels . "

One of the knights noticed a peculiarity and said to others, "Hey, don't you guys think that the guys who protected the women over there are quite calm right now compared to the situation previously . "

Another knight smiled as grinned and said, "Maybe they think just because this kid trained a bit, he can fight with the personal knights of Lord Evan . Marcus is one of the knights from Lord Fjord's knight order who later followed Lord Evan on the orders of Lord so that he could be protected at all times . I have some news which you guys don't know about, from the rumors I heard that Marcus is a Magic Knight who has been hiding his true strength all the time since two years ago . If those guys have something up their sleeve then they are in for a surprise . "

Jay watched the scene as he smiled as he had already known of Jake's success in his last mission . However, he was still very alert when it came to the protection of Martha and the movements of those knights .

***

At the mansion,

One of Dearil's men came and reported to Taylor, "I urgently want to meet Lord John in person . This matter is of great urgency . I hope I can meet the Lord at earliest . "

Taylor saw the urgency in man's tone as he replied to him in a serious tone, "Okay, wait here for a minute I will inform Lord immediately . "

Chapter 82

Taylor entered John's room as he received his permission . Taylor approached John and said to him, "Lord, I think there is a situation where we would need your advice, One of Mr . Dearil's men have come to report about the situation at Hope . He has said if any of the nobles knights make a move on Jake collectively then they will protect Jake without any hesitation however he wanted your confirmation on whether to keep those knights alive or not . "

John thought a bit and understood what was going on, "Hmm . . . It's okay, I too would have protected Jake anyway since we have trained together, I guess master Intended to protect him if I decided to not risk because of the political gains . It's good that they have already received the orders to protect Jake . Come I will head there immediately and deal with the situation directly and see who is this noble that is arrogant enough to provoke my men in my domain . Meanwhile, notify the warriors and tell them to head towards Hope so that we can control the situation as we like . "

****

At the market place, there was a ruckus still going on, Both sides were hiding their aces up in a bid to surprise each other .

Marcus charged at Jake first without any big movements, it seemed that Marcus wanted a close fight with Jake watching his physical movements .

Jake was in a defensive stature with his rusty knife as he saw Marcus charging at him . This time as he saw Marcus charging at him, he too charged at him with only his rusty knife, there was a cold ruthless look in his eyes which screamed that he would definitely kill Marcus, unlike the previous times .

Dearil smiled as he saw Jake's look and said to his confidants, "It looks like he has already made up a decision and is ready to kill this guy . Keep a look out for other guys if they try to interfere . Immediately pass on my orders, not to interfere in this duel with that knight, only interfere when other knights interfere . "

Confidant seriously thought as he saw Jake and immediately passed his orders .

One of the knights opened betting between themselves, "How many clashes do you think this kid would last?"

Evan mocked as he said, "How much can this kid really last, I hope he lasts more as he can be tortured for his insolence time and again . I have already tolerated enough of the bullshit from this guy . Last time around he ruined my plans when he bought off the debts of that girl whom I was intending to buy after planning for such a long time . That bitch even ran off to someplace which I couldn't even track . "

Another knight saw and said, "I guess he would last 7 clashes since he is trained from the look of his movements and defensive posture . What was the best when you guys dueled Marcus previously?"

The second Knight said as he remembered his duel, "Well, I only dueled him twice and my best was about 10 clashes . What about you? Do you know what's the best record?"

Henry said in a carefree as well as serious tone, Previously He was the guy who speculated Jake and others hiding something,

He said, "Well, the best record from what I heard is 15 clashes . As for me, hahaha, I lasted 7 clashes when I dueled him once, so don't mind me . This kid is quite unlucky to have provoked Marcus . Both he and his lord will be humiliated today regardless of any measures . and you guys should be vigilant now, it seems some forces are moving over here in an organized manner . I guess the Lord of this domain will be heading soon over here . "

Henry meanwhile murmured in a small tone frustratingly, 'why the hell did I suggest Lord Evan to come here far away from eastern capital over here after hearing rumors about this place . I guess this ruckus will become big this time around, . ' he sighed as he murmured the last sentence .

One of the knights smilingly looked at Henry as understood his dilemma, "Well it's okay, I understand you hoped to bring Lord away so that there would be fewer problems . Anyways, I hope this mess is solved soon However I don't think it will be solved unless that kid dies . "

Henry sighed as he said, "Well, we all know the routine anyway . "

Both Marcus and Jake clashed for the first time after their charge, As soon as they clashed both of them created sparks as their weapon collided . Both Marcus and Jake were pushed back after their first clash . Marcus was quite surprised after his first clash with the kid .

Marcus thought after the first clash, "This kid has quite a lot of power behind his charge . I should be careful just in case it gets dangerous . This kid is leaking killing intent unintentionally even though he is good at trying to hide it, from the looks it can be seen that he has already killed people . I think this would get dangerous . "

Jake charged faster this time as he closed in on Marcus using his skill, Stealthy steps of Hell . He used it to increase his speed during combat .

This time the knights were quite surprised after watching the last confrontation . They weren't as carefree this time as they were previously .

Henry nodded knowingly and said in a serious tone, "As expected This guy is quite different from other guys who use knives and blades, unlike running around everywhere he is targetting the vulnerable body parts of his enemies head-on in an aggressive manner with a lot of power . This fight could be a rare opportunity for us to actually witness Marcus's true power as Magic Knight if rumors are true . "

Marcus murmured as he prepared to take Jake's charge, "Lets first look at his skills . "

Marcus defended himself this time as he took Jake's next slash head-on with his sword in a calm manner . He successfully defended against Jake's fast attack as he predicted the trajectory of his attack from the right .

Jake scratched his body for the first time but as Marcus had a full body armor, it protected him from getting inflicted with poison from the blade .

They clashed on for few more minutes as Marcus this time decided to use Magic as he was getting cornered by the fast pace aggressive attacks of Jake .

He started using Wind magic that he applied it to his sword to reduce wind resistance so that there would be a change in the speed of his charge . Very few people noticed this change, however, Jake was different, unlike others, as soon as he sensed the changes on the sword as well as the body of Marcus, he understood that Marcus was using magic however he couldn't determine which magic .

Marcus charged in a very fast speed towards Jake with heavy killing intent this time as he hoped to shock Jake and finish this duel faster as he felt this was getting a lot dangerous .

Marcus thought, 'He is surely stronger than all the knights which I have fought earlier except maybe that phony guy Henry . However, It has already been 20 clashes now and I am one who is getting cornered because of his fast speed . '

There was no hesitation from Marcus as he attacked Jake ruthlessly .

Watching this Jake for the first time showed heavy killing intent that people can see as he unintentionally wrapped his rusty knife with Dark Magic . As soon as the Dark Magic connected with the rusty parts of the Knife . It started glowing like it had Magic runes engraved on them . For the first time, people could see the difference in the rusty magic blade that Jake carried .

Jake had tried Wrapping Dark Magic with the rusty knife during his trainings but it was always a failure as it needed very high control and power to wrap this seemingly rusty knife . However, at this crunch moment, he was able to achieve this feat unintentionally .

Watching this from the sidelines, Dearil was shocked when he saw the knife got sharp lines that he witnessed after it was wrapped in dark magic which got released by Jake .

Dearil thought, 'Hmm . . . he already mastered wrapping his magic in that rusty knife, the fact that he has dark magic is very beneficial for him . I now understand why Master has taken a liking to this guy . '

****

Meanwhile at Diana's Mansion,

There was a man who came with a report . This report was currently in the hands of Diana .

She sipped her tea as she said to Vlad after reading the letter, "It seems there will be a show to watch for now in Aelius . What do you think how would it play out . "

Vlad said with his usual smile, "Well, he already has enough strength to protect himself . As for how it would play out? This will only help us weed out the undesirables . "

Chapter 83

****

Diana spoke seriously unlike her jolly self, "That's true, That weapon will change a lot of dimensions in naval and land warfare, Meanwhile, Father has approved your request which you made earlier, from now on Bluesea house will support North-frontier town to their fullest . It seems it was because of this weapon that changed the opinion of elders in the house and father was able to openly support you . "

Vlad spoke with a happy tone as he smiled after hearing the good news, "It's good or else I would have to support them in my personal capacity as I already gave him my word . "

Diana said smilingly, "Well, I too would have supported this city as I have taken quite a liking to this ever-changing city so you don't have to worry much if it comes to funds . Additionally, John is quite interesting unlike others who I have always encountered . What about that guy who was training under you? ooh, lets first head to the site and check where the fight is going on . "

Vlad said, "You don't have to worry about him, I had already given orders to Dearil to keep Jake safe if John is hesitating to protect him . Well, he would anyway protect him but I still don't want to take any chances if there is a communication problem with him and his men . So I just wanted to make sure if he is safe . "

Diana smiled as she spoke her thoughts, "As always you are prepared for all the extreme situations . I wonder what sort of things you don't take into your plans?"

She knew he would always take more precautions even if her father didn't give him orders .

Vlad thought a bit, smiled and spoke smilingly, "I wouldn't have taken those new ballistae into account if I was kept in dark about them . So I guess even I don't know what will happen in the future, what I can do is, Hope for the best and prepare for the worst so that's my motto . "

****

The rusty knife now seemed sharp after it was wrapped in Dark Magic . As soon as both of them clashed with their weapons, there was a heavy sound of metals colliding with sparks appearing .

However after 2 more hits, Jake sliced through the sword which Marcus was wielding . Jake without any hesitation reached for the throat as he intended to kill him with his first blow .

All the people in the sidelines were shocked and alarmed after watching this scene,

Shocked after watching the scene one of the knights spoke with a dry throat, "How could that rusty knife slice through Marcus's famed sword like it is mere scrap metal?"

Henry thought as he saw Evan, 'Hmm . . . So Marcus was always hiding his wind magic and it was quite surprising to see that kid using Dark magic . I guess we have to be prepared for slaughter as Lord won't leave this kid alive as he understands of the dangers lying if he is kept alive . However, that demon over there is quite dangerous if I make a move on this kid . ' Henry thought as he saw Dearil who was observing their men from the crowd .

Martha was quite nervous from the start as she spotted Evan earlier had come to North-frontier city with his whole entourage . She knew that there will be a ruckus today . However, she hoped that the day passes without any trouble as she didn't want to burden John with problems of her past .

As she saw the events folding right now, she was quite shocked after watching Jake's capability as a fighter . From the gossip of knights and others, she understood that Jake was an accomplished fighter himself . She was very much worried about Jake as she saw the duel unfold in front of her eyes .

She was quite horrified as she saw Jake going for a kill as soon as both of them started showing their magic .

Evan too was quite shocked after watching this scene . After this shock, there was a sharp ruthless glint in his eyes which was filled with heavy killing intent as he decided that this kid can't be left alive .

Evan immediately ordered his knights to save Marcus as he would die if he didn't do anything to save him .

Evan roared towards Jake, "Kid, if you dare kill Marcus, I will make sure you and your family will die a painful death . You wouldn't want your brothers to be crippled, right?"

As Jake heard him, killing intent rose from his body as he decided to charge towards Marcus more ruthlessly .

Jake roared at Evan as he aimed for the kill, "Hmph . . . I will make sure this man suffers and dies because of your arrogance . "

Evan roared furiously as he heard Jake as he ordered his men, "Go, kill that kid, he can't be left alive . Make sure to at least disable him so he can't be a threat for me in the future . I don't care about the consequences, make sure he is dead . "

Meanwhile, John just arrived with his men at the site, as he saw that Jake was going for the throat of Marcus .

John smiled as he saw this scene, John thought, 'It looks like he has matured quite a bit after his latest mission and decided to bury the hatchet from his past today . '

Dearil said to his men as saw movements within the ranks of Duke Evan's men, "It seems that he has decided to make a move . Go and protect the kid, make sure no one interferes in this duel . Since they chose to duel, they should be prepared for death as well . Go and stop those knights, you can kill them at will since they already broke the laws of interfering in a duel . "

Henry saw John's smile as he ordered one of his men, "Prepare a carriage, if worse comes to worst, we will run with Lord . Make sure, Lord doesn't know anything about it . "

Jake saw that there was an arrow aimed at him that came from Duke Evan, he ignored the arrow that was aimed at him as he had already decided to kill Marcus and make a move towards duke if required .

Jake pierced Marcus's throat multiple times as he charged towards him, While he was targetting Marcus, an arrow pierced his back . One of Dearil's men came and protected Jake as he saw an arrow coming which pierced Jake .

Evan was quite furious as he saw Jake completely ignore his warning and arrow as he continued to target Marcus without an inch of hesitation .

"Let's see how he escapes the toxin of that arrow . "

After Multiple Stabs, Marcus tightly held his neck as he breathed for air . He was quite shocked and alarmed that his famed sword which was imbued with wind magic was pierced so easily by that rusty knife .

He again saw that kid but this time his eyes were filled with horror as he realized that he was at the end of the rope as he squealed hard for his life . This time his eyes lost the light of life as he dropped on the ground with his eyes wide open .

Watching this all the people present were shocked after realizing that Marcus was already dead while Jake's back was pierced with a poisonous arrow that was shot by Evan .

Henry sighed as he saw this scene and thought, 'Quite a Dangerous and ruthless kid, we have to escape fast or we will be in trouble . It's good that he is already poisoned . '

Henry ordered his men, "Make sure to protect the Lord if that kid tries anything funny . You know our families will be implicated as well if anything happens to the Lord . "

Chapter 84

Henry meanwhile stealthily moved towards Jake as he thought, 'I have to kill that kid, Lord won't budge unless he sees his blood . And from the looks of people, this kid and his family seem quite important to this Baron . While from the way he demonstrated his battle capabilities, I am sure that this domain lord won't give up on that kid and his potential . '

Dearil came behind Henry with his blade when Henry wanted to make a move on Jake from behind, Dearil mocked Henry as pointed his blade behind his back, "Tch Tch Tch, it is quite dishonorable to interfere in and after a duel, don't you think you so?"

Henry let out a dry laugh and raised both his hands as he heard Dearil, "I am just a regular knight following orders, do you really think I can even come close or manage to land a scratch on that monster? And about honor? Who cares about honor when your life is at stake . "

Dearil smiled cunningly as he saw Henry, "You may fool others, but you can't-fool me, I can see that you are using quite a high-level technique to conceal your true aura as well as your mana . And the very fact that you don't have care about any honor implies that you are more dangerous than the other muscleheads over there . "

Henry sighed at Dearil's answer as he spoke to him, "Hmm . . it seems you have quite outstanding and unique eyes if you can even detect my aura and magic . Very few people could actually detect my aura . "

Without saying anything Dearil immediately charged towards Henry as Henry dodged Dearil's attack and both of them got locked into an intense confrontation with each other .

****

After a while,

Jake removed the arrow that was stuck on his back . He looked at the direction from where the arrow came from .

Meanwhile, Evan saw that Henry was confronting Dearil and he was pretty much frustrated at the turn of the events .

Evan then prepared to shoot another poisonous arrow at Jake so he thought to nip the bud while he is still growing .

Jake saw that another arrow was coming towards him, he again filled his rusty knife with dark magic and threw it towards Evan's direction with great killing intent while he dodged the arrow this time .

Watching this Henry was pretty much very alarmed as he saw Jake throwing the knife at Evan's Direction . Henry whistled to give a signal as he confronted Dearil, one of the knights came to defend Evan as the Knife thrown by Jake pierced his arm and scratched Evan's hand who was being protected by him .

The man protecting Evan collapsed on the ground grabbing his right hand while Evan had a pretty scary face where he faced death for the first time in his life . He screamed hoarsely as the Knife scratched his hand .

Jake thought in frustration, 'It seems that his poison was quite potent . ' Jake fell on the ground with great reluctance after this encounter .

John saw this scene as he ordered Taylor, "Go and tell Jay to keep him safe, bring him to Grandma Melanie's Pharmacy or Master's Vlad's men just so we remain vigilant . "

Henry backed off as he saw Jake falling to the ground and came back to Evan's side .

Henry saw the scene as he thought, 'hmm . . . It seems Lord used a specialized poisonous arrow from the start . Good, this at least reduces my work . I hope Lord isn't too stubborn and pursues this matter for retaining face . I guess he will be very angry to find that Marcus is dead . '

Henry saw that the guy who was protecting Lord was wreathing in pain and the same was true for the lord who was gritting his teeth so he doesn't lose face in front of commoners . "I guess that Slave aimed to make a mockery of lord before trying to kill him . Hey, come and bring one of those potions to alleviate Lord's pain . "

Henry ordered one of his men .

Evan roared towards John as soon as he saw him, "How to do you intend to solve this matter . I hope to get a satisfactory answer or else this matter won't be forgotten by house Laguna . There will be big consequences since you can't even control your slaves . "

One of the knights gossiped, "I guess Lord is quite angry at the death of Marcus, I don't think he will leave this matter even if he gets the heads of this slave's family . I am expecting him to humiliate this lord and extort the hell out of him . "

Henry laid out his thoughts as he heard one of the knights, "Well, I guess this is in favor of Laguna house as well since we would anyway want a reason to raid ships traveling north and south . This can perfectly stop trade between Southern Domain and this town where there is a massive amount of money involved nowadays, this would force this domain lord to trade via land and pay taxes which would inevitably increase his costs . Duke was anyways looking towards this big pie of North-South Sea trade . Even that Baron who sold this Town is quite happy as he is getting a lot of Taxes from his Port Town in the east . "

John scoffed at Evan's words as he rebuked him harshly, "Mind you this is my land and it is my laws which work here . And as for the incident, Even if we go according to Kingdom laws for nobles, from the current information, it was your men who started a duel and it was on your orders that they interfered in the duel, had it been other way round I wonder how much more enraged you would get hearing your knight's death . "

Henry interjected, "It is well within our rights for protecting a knight in a duel if his opponent is using coercive techniques to fight which included assassin techniques . It will only sully the honor of knight if he dies unjustly in a duel . . . . "

John interrupted him as he spoke strong words to Henry with an imposing manner, "A duel which was imposed on my men by your arrogant knight for which he paid the price by underestimating him . Speaking of coercive techniques, didn't your Lord used quite a Potent Poison arrow to injure my men when the duel was going on? And the word Honor doesn't suit you from the way you are hiding your aura or Mana . "

Henry seriously gave his defense, "Lord had already warned him before releasing the arrow, there was nothing dishonorable when he intended to save one of his knights from mindless slaughter . Your uneducated slave ignored his warning even after hearing him and continued to attack . "

John rebuked when heard his words, "Hmph . . . The duel had already started, It was either Jake's death or his opponent's death . I wonder what would have happened if the situation was reversed . I am sure your Lord would have tried to humiliate me or killed him in the most ruthless way in case I was not present . "

Evan waved his hand that signaled Henry to stop, "Enough Henry . "

With cold and sharp eyes, Evan looked at John, "So you intend to protect a Slave and Offend Laguna house over him even though we have legitimate reasons to kill him . Even if you wish to protect him, there will be consequences and you will suffer for protecting him . If you are regretting over previous statements because of false bravado in front of your people, There is still a chance If you still wish to undo the previous incident, all you have to do is beg for mercy and hand over that family to me as I am more pissed over that brat trying to claim my life . "

John laughed as he heard him, "We will see who will suffer, As for begging mercy and handing over my men, you can dream on . "

John thought as he heard his arrogant tone, 'Hmph . . . who will believe in me if I hand over my men . You think I am that naive?'

Everyone watching this scene was quite happy as this further assured them of the previous promises given by John and co earlier because most of the people would have mostly given up the slave instead of offending a duke .

Chapter 85

Henry sighed, however, he was quite happy as the situation toned down a bit as there was a little chance of fight to occur now .

He thought, 'It's good that Lord is calm unlike other instances at the capital or elsewhere in the Kingdom where he would cause a bigger ruckus most of the time . I guess the previous scare from that brat did the trick and maybe he still hopes to coerce that Lord to hand over that brat as he feels he is more dangerous than he was in the past . '

Henry came near Evan's side and whispered, "Lord I think it would be better if we leave since we don't even have enough forces to back us up if we want to cause any ruckus and you are already injured so we should be cautious in case that knife is poisonous . "

Henry's eyes could see what Evan's eyes couldn't see in the knife as he said to Evan .

Evan ignored him as his hand was still in pain and looked towards John with a very sharp gaze, "I had quite a good impression of this city . Originally, I even wanted to invest in this town but I guess It won't be the case anymore and that was also the reason I didn't try to extort you over the previous incident . Since you value that Slave's life more than your chance at friendship with our Laguna family . I guess you have already made your decision . You should be prepared for the consequences and face the wrath of House Laguna for your foolish actions . Remember this, Seas will be stormy whenever you and your allies travel from now on . "

Evan looked at a certain direction as he spotted Vlad who had just arrived .

Evan turned back, drank his potion as he looked towards Henry and gave him orders, "Bring back Marcus's corpse, We are leaving immediately . We will contact Duke Blackwolf again, ask him if his offer still stands or not . Prepare to contact that Baron in Dolores as well . Remember to write a letter to Father mentioning today's incident as well, tell him we will not be investing here anymore . Father was quite optimistic as this foolish lord didn't pay any respects to Duke Norman over his indirect offense of Prince Hector however it seems he is truly foolish and doesn't know his real place . The very fact that he is alive is because of that man over there . I wonder what he would do if a lot of forces gather and target him . " Evan pointed towards Vlad's direction before ending his remarks .

Evan murmured as he left, "Although I did not take any action today, This humiliation will not be forgotten, Baron John, you will pay for your foolishness and this humiliation . "

Henry heard him as he saw Vlad, he later left to get Marcus's corpse and thought, 'Why would that noble risk his territory over a single slave, even that guy can't help him if he offends too many people . It seems Lord was quite angry this time around as he really wanted things to work when he arrived here . Most Importantly, I wonder how Marcus's brother will react after hearing news of his brother's death . '

Henry sighed as he thought, 'I guess things were not meant to work as Lord abhors slaves while this lord is exactly the opposite of that as can be seen by the reactions of everyone watching this scene . '

John ordered Taylor as he heard the Threats of Evan, "Keep a watch on their men, Call Tornwall to my chambers straight away . There will be an important meeting which he has to attend . "

Diana smirked as she arrived at the scene and read the reports on the events which took place before her arrival .

"We will have a big show now that one more guy wants a piece in this pie called North-Frontier town . Meanwhile, that boy surprised me quite a lot, He improved too much in such a short amount of time . Even that Brat Dearil is showing some respect to him after he collapsed . "

Vlad meanwhile was quite happy after watching the performance of Both Jake and John . He was quite surprised that Jake was able to kill Marcus who was caught off guard in the duel .

Vlad nostalgically spoke, "I guess the true potential of a man is only seen when he is in a pinch and I think Jake just proved that right today . Maybe his previous experience at Redwood city and his past with Evan triggered today's performance, however, his life would have been in danger if not for the resistance that he acquired during his training period . however, It seems that John has quite some abilities to identify that guy's aura from such a long distance . I wonder if he again modified any of his techniques?"

Diana laid out her thoughts, "Elders in the house are quite unhappy with us supporting John, it seems a lot of them have mixed up interests with prince Hector and they are only reluctantly supporting us because of economic interests, did you got any news from their side?"

Vlad smiled and spoke, "I already knew about their involvement in it . We won't have to worry about elders since I already have a solution for that . I guess it was your father's support that helped us this time around, however even he is under great pressure, it seems that the Lord has trusted my intuition this time around . This was the only genuine time where I hoped to help someone . . "

Diana probed as she heard him, "I guess it is because of that kid Jake, Your past has a lot of similarities with that kid . However, yours is more gruesome and cruel . "

Diana saw that Vlad's face changed as he heard it so she changed the topic, "Anyway we have to make sure that the Ballistas are only incorporated into Father's personal army and spies under you . I don't want those elders to ruin the surprise which is waiting for various Aristocrats over here in Aelius as well as those guys in neighboring countries, I bet we will have quite a show when everyone gets to know about the real firepower of that weapon . "

Vlad mocked the elders when heard about them and reported the current circumstances to Diana, "Not to worry mistress, I already received those orders from Lord and had implemented it . As for the elders, Hmph, They will be dealt with as soon as possible when they try to make a coup with your uncle .

However, those elders are quite cunning as they are making up rumors about you and our investments over here and that your Lord father is only fulfilling your wishes . "

Diana smiled a bit and laughed as she heard about those rumors, "Those rumors are good as nobody will think more than that . We can even give them a legitimate excuse to oppose us . We can sweep them up when they think we are foolish enough to make more enemies and are supporting John . Unknowingly this place has become an eye of the storm in various countries and duchies, quite amusing, isn't it? As for that foolish Bufoon of the duke, what do you think will happen?"

Vlad laid out his predictions as concluded the current situation, "He will most probably target Morgan family fleets and the port town east of North-frontier city by negotiating a deal with that Pussy baron . That's the most predictable outcome . As for Duke Blackwolf, his father Duke Fjord won't agree as there are various conflicts of interests between all the Dukes . As for that guy himself, he will most probably be dead or be in bed for months . Currently, he is definitely suffering because of the poison and only showing fake bravado . However, I would worry if he dies, because this would escalate things a lot faster, though things would still be in control as long as Kingdom doesn't make a move on them . "

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

213K 4K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
2.7K 127 200
Author:Shen Tianyi, 神天衣 Alternative names:TLE, 领主之兵伐天下 Genre:Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Harem, Martial Arts, Wuxia Source:Gravity Tales Status:Ongoi...
19.1K 190 36
"Jeremy was once a successful man with a promising career, a lovely girlfriend, friends galore, and everything that he could ever desire in the world...
587K 25.2K 31
Donate Body to Science. Check. When seventeen-year-old Kaitlyn checked the box, she never suspected she’d have her life–and her body–sto...