My Champagne Problems

By nightlighe01

Olivia Hart doesn't know what hits her when with short notice her mother decides to remarry. Overwhelmed by t... More

Introduction
1: Dom Pérignon
2: Canard-Duchêne
3: Laurent-Perrier
4: Nicolas Feuillatte
5: Lanson
6: Moët & Chandon
7: Bollinger
8: Armand de Brignac
9: Krug
10: Ruinart
11: Taittinger
12: Pommery
13: Mumm
14: Armand de Brignac
15: Pol Roger
16 : Deutz
17: Billecart-Salmon
18: Perrier-Jouët
19: Piper-Heidsieck
20: Louis Roederer
21: Blanc de Noirs
22: Ayala
23: Collet
24: Regi
25: Quartet
27: Veuve Clicquot
28: Paul Bara
29: JACQUART
30: Salon
31: Chavost
32: Korbel Brut

26: Janisson

5.8K 182 35
By nightlighe01

'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes'

The next day...

Upon returning to the mansion last night things were rather anticlimactic.

Mum didn't say anything other than telling me to go to my room and we would discuss this further tomorrow--which is today, but turns out early today morning is also the day she leaves for her long-weekend bachelorette party with her friends, leaving me here with these guys.

"Kayden be nice to me," I whine but he ignores me and continues staring at the textbook on his table. I inwardly cringe at the amount of reading he is doing while making notes simultaneously.

'Who would have thought, THE Kayden Ashford is the studious kind'

"Mum let Enrique decide the punishment for me not informing her about leaving school and hanging out with Daniel at the diner," I explain my frustration. "He wants me to write a detailed report on the events that led up to that," I add running my fingers through my hair. He continues to ignore me.

"Kay," I whine at his unresponsiveness from my place on his bed, chucking a pillow his way that he skillfully evades unfazed.

"So now you use words?" He question with a raised brow, turning in his chair to fully face me. "Only when you need something from me," he rolls his eyes. I pout.

"Mum says I'll have to rewrite the report if Enrique isn't satisfied with its contents," I mumble hoping for some sympathy from him.

"Then I sure hope you make it a damn good one," he shrugs nonchalantly, unbothered by my current predicament.

"Fine," I huff in defeat. "Wesley's my favorite anyway," I add, inwardly smirking before getting off his bed and heading towards his door.

"What did you say, brat?" He retorts quickly with narrowed eyes.

"I said what I said," I affirm crossing my arms.

"Whatever," he chuckles bitterly. "Let's see whose your favorite when he doesn't help you either."

"At least he won't ignore me, unlike some others I know," I retort, before exiting his room followed by a sigh.

Moseying my way towards Wesley's home office--the only place I can find him in the early hours of the morning, like now. I swiftly knock three repetitive times on the enormous mahogany door guarding the entrance of his office earning a gruff "come in" from the other end.

"Hey Wes," I mumble awkwardly unsure how to ask him for any help. He looks up from the pile of papers he's reading through, his bright eyes framed by square dark-rimmed glasses.

He quirks his brow prompting me to speak. But I don't, I just shuffle my feet as I think my words through.

"If this is about the punishment Enrique has handed out to you, you're on your own," he states moments following my silence. His monotonous tone with its undertone of coldness catches me off guard.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to disturb you," I mumble softly, my head hanging a bit low.

"Just like you didn't mean to break our trust yet again," he scoffs under his breath. I frown, giving myself a questioning look.

"Don't give me that look," he says sternly, putting aside his paperwork and directing his complete attention toward me. "First you just run off at the beach and now you leave the school premises and head off with a boy without informing anyone," he remarks in a controlled tone.

"I didn't think it would be such a big deal," I mutter softly.

"That seems to be your excuse every time, Olivia," he rebukes. I snap my eyes towards his--this is the first time he has ever used my full name and such a tone with me. 'Damn he really is mad'

I hold my silence, while he continues. "You first manage to brake our very first rule," he says stoically. "And very efficiently manage to also break every rule that follows that," he adds unimpressed.

"I should be given a gold medal for that," I blurt out under my breath without thinking.

"Want to repeat that for me?" He challenges. His icy glare aimed at me.

"No," I affirm sheepishly.

"That's what I thought," he nods firmly, followed by a sigh.

"One time, is a mistake, two times, is just you testing our patience," he remarks. "Do you even know how many things could have gone wrong last night?" He demands.

"I shared my live location with Graham before I left," I mumble defensively. Now regretting leaving the safety of Kayden's room and coming here.

"Right, Graham," he clicks his tongue. "You mean the boy who himself was wasted for the better part of last night along with the rest of your friends?" All color drains from my face at his words.

'How the hell does he know that Graham was wasted?'

"We had an agreement," Wesley points out. "Simple ground rules, and it doesn't take you over a week to blatantly disregard them along with your safety. And for what? A boy?" He shakes his head in disapproval.

"Do you even know who that boy is?" He asks, his demeanor stoic.

"Daniel Ambrose, he's on the football team," I reply meekly. He does say anything for a good few moments, just blankly stares at me.

"That all?" He inquires. "All you know about him is his name and that he's on the football team?" He repeats slowly. I shuffle my feet in anxiety.

I shrug.

"I think it would be best for you to start working on that report Enrique asked you to prepare, Olivia," he states firmly before shifting his attention back to his paperwork

"And keep your distance from that kid," he adds sternly just as I scurry out of the room as quick as my shaky legs can carry me.

My legs have a mind of their own leading me back towards Kayden's room and before I know it I'm knocking on it.

"Decided to change favorites so soon?" Kayden teases as I enter the room, but his playfulness drops as soon as he assesses me.

"Earful from Wesley?" He asks and I nod without hesitation before flopping down face first on his head and burying my head in the sheets.

"Well you had that coming," he mutters lowly. I hold out my middle finger to him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he states darkly causing me to immediately withdraw my hand and tuck it under myself before curling up and wallowing in my misery.

'How am I going to spend this entire week here without mum?'

'Am I even wanted here?'

'Wesley's right, I promised them to stick to the ground rules and I broke that promise. But why does their disappointment hurt so much?'

'I wish we could just go back to it being me and my mum'

Tears rim my eyes as overwhelm floods my mind before I discreetly brush the tears away. 'I don't need to cry in front of Kayden... or anyone '

I hear Kayden sigh softly before the bed dips beside me. "Hey don't be so upset," Kayden consoles, gently running his fingers through my hair soothingly.

"Wesley hates me," I mumble into the sheets. "So does Enrique and probably you too," I add repeatedly.

"I don't hate you, Livy," Kayden assures. "And neither do Wesley and Enrique," he adds confidently.

"We're just worried 'bout you," he remarks. "And Wesley...well he just has a different way of handling matters," he defends. "He's more of the tough love kinda guy, you know?" He adds.

"I'm not used to this," I vocalize my thoughts. "Mum never fussed over me hanging out with anyone before," I add.

"I know, Alien." I groan at the nickname he addresses me by.

"But things aren't as simple as they were before when it was just you and your mum," he explains.

"You guys just keep saying that, but never elaborate on it," I grumble in frustration.

"It's complicated," he dismisses, his abrupt distant tone catching my attention.

"What isn't?" I roll my eyes, now propped up on my elbows looking at him inquisitively.

"Anyway you should get started on that report," Kayden advises, he himself going back to his book.

"Can you help me?" I ask softly.

"No can do, Alien," he smiles sympathetically at me and I nod in dejection.

"Word of advice though," he says just as I'm about to exit his room. "Be honest. There isn't a point in lying to Enrique, he always knows everything," he cautions, making me frown.

'No one knows everything I inwardly roll my eyes at Kayden's words.

'But then...how did Wesley know that Graham was wasted last night?'

Authors Note :

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Thanks for all the support, and reading.

Comment &vote

~Kia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 83.9K 90
She is innocent They are manipulative She plays it safe They thrive in danger She likes her normal life They rule the world of crime She didn't...
18K 813 46
Their favourite cocktail? One part betrayal mixed with bloodshed, One part secrets, half-part death with a splash of love....on rocks. "My Sisters wa...
3M 79.2K 50
She's a fifteen-year-old girl who killed her "father" in self-defense and lied about it to the police. She thinks she has no other family members and...
2.7K 120 15
16-year-old Arabella Ashford is a sweet and quiet young soul who lives with her mother and step-father in Los Angeles, The City Of Angels. Despite he...