Apex | Charles Leclerc

By reesewoop

They say a successful marriage requires falling in love more than once, always with the same person. Nadia h... More

Chapter 0
Portrayals
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Announcement
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2
Epilogue Part 3
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2
Bonus Chapter #3

Chapter 8

18.8K 447 97
By reesewoop

Gonna keep quiet because the 2022 Monza GP just started 😬

Enjoy!

*****

Believe it or not, I never really liked fights when I was a kid. I was always the silent one, choosing to stay quiet and take the blow or watch quietly as two people fought. As a kid, I didn't understand the logic as to why they couldn't just talk about it in a civilized manner.

Later on in life, I learned that being the one to scream the loudest or to have more to say did not immediately mean you were the stronger one. It was those that could silently assess you, making up their moves inside their head, that truly hold the upper hand in an argument.

When Charles and I first began dating, the arguing had decreased but it was still there. Neither of us were the type to ramble off or shout unless the fight was really intense and our emotions were all over the place. He was tactical as well and I used to tell him that he could've been a great lawyer if he hadn't pursued racing.

Mixed with the confusion on his face, irritation was there. His lips were turned down into a frown and his body language was completely guarded. It's like he's already put up a wall for me without even hearing me out.

"Who's Nikolai?" He repeated, setting down the note back on my desk as well as our wedding picture, face down.

This is going to be splendid.

"He's a businessman." I said and I could see the gears turning in his head.

"Drivas Motors?" He asked and I nodded my head. Whenever there have been proposals for the use of electric engines in motorsport, Drivas Motors was always there to share their case however the drivers and teams continue to disagree. A bitter chuckle escaped his lips and I felt a shiver down my spine, knowing that whatever was coming out of his mouth was not pleasant. "You're really a car girl, huh?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"How long has this been going on?" He asked and I felt myself stand taller as I glared at him.

"I'd stop if I were you, Charles. You don't have the right to assume things right now." I said, hiding my hands behind me to keep him from seeing how furious I was getting. My fists were balled together and I could feel the tips of my fingernails grazing the skin of my palms.

"What else am I supposed to do when you don't tell me anything?" He asked back and for a second there, I saw a hint of sadness cloud his features. "I don't even know how we met or how we got together apart from the general details. You don't tell me anything."

"It's not that easy." It was far from it. Telling him everything would mean relieving the most painful moments of my life and even though years have already passed, I don't know if I have the strength to share that again.

"Nothing in life is easy!" My heart began beating faster when he raised his voice, fingers running through his hair in agitation. "You think I like not remembering you? You think I like having three years of my life erased from my mind? You think I like being confused every single day, hearing things I should've known in the first place? My life is a fucking mess, Nadia."

"Then why are you questioning my commitment to this marriage? Between the two of us, who do you think is threatening the vow we made?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. Anger dissipated from his eyes and he looked away from me. "Knowing how persistent you are, I wouldn't put it past you to visit her bakery. Let me tell you something about our friendship with Rose." His eyes snapped up to meet mine and I couldn't help but shake my head at how surprised he look. "We've maintained a platonic relationship with her ever since you apologized to her a few years ago. I had no problems with you reconnecting with your ex because I knew that was all she was to you. An ex. She's only my friend because of you and I'd rarely see her without you by my side. But now? It's obvious that I should be having problems with it because you're stuck in the time of your life where I don't exist and she does." I found myself walking towards him with every word I said and I knew he could feel the anger vibrating through me. "So, don't you fucking dare accuse me of cheating on you." I added as I looked up to him. I could feel the burning in my eyes but I willed myself not to cry. "Like you said, life isn't easy, so would it kill you to give me the same kind of patience I've given you?"

When he didn't reply, I turned around and without another look over my shoulder, I left.

*****

"You look awful." Max said when he opened his front door, the Uber I took just leaving his street.

"And you look ugly." He raised an eyebrow at me but didn't say a word as he stepped aside to let me in.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of being on the receiving end of your insults?" I didn't answer him and made my way to his kitchen, opening the freezer and immediately pulling out the tub of ice cream I knew he always had. "Okay, you didn't grab the low calorie one which means something's wrong. What the hell happened to you?"

I removed the cover, grabbing a spoon from his cabinet, and eating the cookie dough ice cream. This was always in his freezer because I knew Max ate it during his rare cheat days. "Charles accused me of cheating on him." I grumbled under my breath and I thought Max didn't hear me. I realized he did when he grabbed a spoon for himself and sat on the countertop beside me.

We both settled in a comfortable silence until the third spoonful we've had. "What did you say?"

"I brought up Rose."

Max chuckled and shook his head at me, getting another spoonful before putting back the cover over the tub. "You two really know how to start an argument."

"I know what I've done wrong but what he said was really low. Maybe, I should've been making more of an effort to catch him up for the past three years but every time I try to do so, I choke."

"You don't have to talk about your family yet." Max said as he jumped down from the counter and my body froze at the mention of my family. If Max was sentimental at all, he would've given me a sad smile and a hug but he wasn't like that. He knew most of the things I've been through and I could always count on him to not coddle me. "Just start from the beginning."

"Easier said than done." I groaned. My phone vibrated from my pocket and I ignored it. When it vibrated two more times, I sighed and whipped it out, seeing a bunch of messages from Gabby. "Why is Gabby flooding my inbox?" I mumbled to myself and Max's ears perked up at the mention of her name.

"Is Gabby okay?" He asked, moving to stand beside me.

"Yes, she is, lover boy." Her messages were all gibberish apart from a few curse words before she sent me a link.

Leclerc's Love Lost

After his accident last December 1st, Charles Leclerc has not been seen by the public eye. The Formula One World Champion was in a coma for twenty-four days and was first reportedly seen during the annual New Year's Eve party of fellow Formula One driver, Max Verstappen (see photos below). Mercedes has issued a statement on the recovery of their newly crowned World Champion and ensures that Leclerc is doing fine. From the confirmation of his team principal, we all know that Leclerc will make a comeback from the accident but there is still no word from his partner of almost three years, Nadia Kaplan.

Kaplan has been seen around Monaco and was reportedly present during Verstappen's annual bash as well. We have yet to see the married couple together since Abu Dhabi and Leclerc has not been seen in public until a few days ago. The Mercedes driver was spotted along Rue Grimaldi visiting Flour 'n Love, a famous bakery in Monaco known for its delicious cakes and pastries (see photos below). The bakery is also owned and managed by Leclerc's ex-girlfriend of three years, Rose Marchetti.

Was Leclerc just there to buy a sweet treat or has love been lost between him and Kaplan?

Stay tuned for more!

"Should I order in some pizza and pasta as well?" Max asked me after reading the article over my shoulder. I didn't answer but I felt his eyes land on my hand that had reached for the ice cream again to grab another spoonful. "I'll take that as a yes."

He left me alone in the kitchen to grab his phone while I frustratingly shoved another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. All thoughts and feelings of guilt that have crept into me since I left the office is gone after seeing the photos of Charles smiling inside the bakery. The photo was a bit blurry but you could see through the store's glass that he was on the other side of the counter while Rose stood on the opposite.

I expected a sense of pride knowing that my guess from our earlier argument was true but nothing but a scraped ego welcomed me because Rose managed to do something that I haven't done ever since he woke up.

She made him smile.

His feelings for her were clearly back and I don't want to think what kind of feelings he'd have for me.

It didn't help either that Rose hasn't informed me of his visit which only confirmed my suspicions even more that she could still have feelings for him in return.

My phone vibrated again and I was expecting to see another message from Gabby when I got one from Lorenzo.

Lorenzo: Hey Nads! Let me know when you guys are on your way so that I could wake up Marcus from his nap. Callie can't wait to see you :)

He sent me a photo of Calliope who was standing in the kitchen and completely covered in flour. There was a smudge of tomato sauce on her cheek as she grinned up at the camera. They were clearly making pizza and I felt my heart ache at the thought of disappointing her by not going to dinner.

Max popped his head through the doorway of the kitchen, phone pressed against his ear. "Is alfredo good for you?" He asked and I shook my head. His eyebrows scrunched up in confusion before he talked to the person on the phone and hung up after a few seconds.

"I have to go." I said, giving him a sad smile and putting back the ice cream. "We were supposed to have dinner at Lorenzo's and he just sent me this picture of Callie."

I passed him my phone and Max chuckled at the little girl, knowing how adorable she gets whenever she gets to cook with her father. "Want me to give you a ride?"

"If you can." I said and he gave me a look before grabbing his keys and heading to his garage.

"Are you ready to see Charles?" He asked as we both got into his Aston Martin Vantage and he drove to Lorenzo's house.

"I've faced criminals before. I think I can face my husband."

*****

There's so much drama in this book and I love it

Reese

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 3K 36
Alex was on a plane to Barcelona. Unexpectedly she made friends with two guys who sat next to her. They were touristing in the city. Thinking she wou...
167K 5.4K 52
[COMPLETED] She has always loved F1 and visited a lot of races with her dad since she was very young. She knows many people in the paddock and gets a...
913K 18.6K 44
One year after breaking up with Charles Leclerc, Grace Diaz finally allows herself to have a fun night out with her best friend. After dancing with a...
93.1K 2K 38
When the love of his life crashes at a Formula One race, Charles rushes to the hospital only to have to wait for a couple of days and nights for her...