Why Him? || Steddie

Von creative-circles

As Eddie goes into his second round of Senior Year, he finds himself caught into a situation he would have ne... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 14
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
The RV
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Finale
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 32

941 34 145
Von creative-circles

-Steve's perspective-

     As I picked up the remnants of the broken Walkman, I heard the sound of a shuffle behind me. I slowly turned around to see Eddie start to lift up. This is exactly what I worried would happen.

     "No... NO!" I shouted out while running towards him. I jumped on top of him to try and lower him but it wasn't working. He kept on lifting but with me on his shoulders. I let go to look up at him.

     Shit...how do I do this without the Walkman? I can't play the tape even... there's no method of playing it and the tape is broken....what do I do?

      Think Steve. What could you do? What could you do with the resources you have? With the...very limited resources you have in an old abandoned building?

      Then the dumbest thought I could possibly have came to mind... there's no way this would work but...it's all I have. I was going to sing.

     Only problem is... I only know parts of the song that I was planning on playing...but to hell with it. I can't lose him again. Not after all the shit we've been through together.

🎶I wanted to be with you alone....And talk about the weather...🎶

     I can't believe I'm doing this. There's no way in hell this would work. I'm pitchy to say the least.

🎶You keep your distance via the system of touch...And gentle persuasion🎶

     My voice cracked with the last line that I sang. I sounded terrible. I wouldn't wake up to it...why would he?

     I sighed and looked up at him. Should I give up? Should I just accept fate and know that I'll lose him unless he gets out of it by himself?

     God damn it. No. I have to say that I tried...or I'll never forgive myself.

🎶 Something happens and I'm head over heels...I never find out until I'm head over heels🎶

     The song was supposed to be upbeat and yet with how hard I was shaking I was turning it into a sad song.

    "Wake up Eds...I can't do this without you. I just can't. Not after knowing how life could be with you by my side... FIGHT. I need you to fight."

     Eddie's hand slightly twitched to grab my hand back.

      I smiled. I honestly felt like jumping out of excitement but I needed him to still hold on. "Yes! Eddie! FIGHT!"

      Okay... the song...try and get it as good as you can. You got this Harrington.

🎶Something happens and I'm head over heels...don't take my heart, don't break my heart...Don't, don't, don't throw it away🎶

       I felt a little more confident as Eddie squeezed tighter onto my hand. Maybe...he'd make it out.

     "Eddie... you have to stay strong. We're going to the park, right? We'll go on the swings again. Just you and me...wouldn't that...be fun?" I felt my chest tighten. There's a chance that I won't be able to to do that again. "Just...just like the old times."

     Eddie squeezed onto my hand even tighter before I heard a crack. I looked up from his hand to see that it was now facing the opposite direction.

     "Eddie...please... the movies. We'll go to a Halloween movie together...wouldn't you want that?"

      Another snap came from Eddie as I saw his elbow turn the wrong way as well. While it was uncomfortable, I didn't dare to let go of his hand.

     "It can even be a scary one! Or whatever you want! You can even choose the dumbest movie and we can go to that! I know you like to make fun of stupid things."

     Another snap came from one of his fingers. With how it snapped, it let go of my hand facing the opposite direction.

     "Eddie...please..." I felt warmth on my cheeks and pressure in my head. God damn it...pull yourself together. Stop crying. "I need you with me."

     Slowly one by one his fingers snapped to let go of my hand. I was going to lose him...wasn't I?

     No. Don't lose hope yet. It's just his right arm. His whole rest of his body is in tact. He could wear a cast...he'll be fine.

     The lights flickered like crazy around me as Eddie's eyes started to bleed.

     I screamed at the sight. This wasn't good...not good at all...last time I saw someone like this it was Patrick...and that didn't work well.

      I started to pull on Eddie's feet trying to drag him down to the floor. Maybe... that would work. Maybe I didn't try hard enough earlier.

     I pulled for what felt like forever with all of my might and yet he didn't budge from his position.

     One of his legs snapped to the side. "EDDIE! PLEASE! FIGHT HIM"

     I felt like I couldn't breathe. We were losing...weren't we...? Where's Nancy and Robin? Why haven't they saved him yet?

     Another snap.

     "Eddie..." I felt my knees go weak as I hit the floor. "I can't...I can't do this without you... please..." I couldn't bear to look at him anymore.

     There was suddenly a loud thud.

     As I looked up, Eddie was on the ground. The majority of his bones broken.

    I hurried and crawled to him. "SOMEBODY HELP! PLEASE!" I yelled while lifting up his upper half and holding him close. "CALL AN AMBULANCE...ANYBODY...PLEASE..."

      I felt my hands shake as I pulled him closer.

     "Eve? Is that you?" Eddie shakily responded with a smile.

     My tears hit his face as I nodded "yes... it's me Eds... I'm here. Everything's going to be alright."

     "I...I can't feel or s-see anything..." Eddie stuttered while shaking.

     "I know...I know...it's okay Eds... help is on the way, okay? Just... just hold on for me..please." I pulled him closer to me as I felt so helpless.

        "I'm so scared...I'm so scared Eve..."

        "I know..I know Eds..."

      "I don't wanna die Eve... I'm not ready...Please...I wanna graduate...it's supposed to be my year..."

      "It is your year! You're going to graduate with me by your side! You're not going to die...just...just hang on."

      "I don't wanna go...I don't want to. I want to stay with you"

      "You're not going to die just hang on...please hang on."

     Eddie slowly went limp. "Eds? Eds?" I shook him lightly. "Don't do this to me Eds..."

     He didn't respond "No...Eds...stay with me... STAY WITH ME PLEASE."

      No answer. "No.... Stay with me just look at me... look at me Eds...come on... stay with me."

     Eddie cried out in pain and tilted his head back. "SOMEBODY...PLEASE"

     Eddie took a deep breath out before going completely limp.

       "Eds? EDS? EDDIE STAY WITH ME... no no no no no no please god no..." I pressed my head onto his chest to hear no beating.

      He slowly started to close his eyes. "EDS NO....NO.....HELP! SOMEBODY...GOD..."

     No one came. Why is no one coming? I'm screaming at the top of my lungs.

     "Please Eddie... I love you...wake up...wake up..."

      My vision turned black as I looked up. God...why Eddie? He was...so young...why...why him?

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

204K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.1M 20K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
71.9K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
123K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...