My Champagne Problems

By nightlighe01

Olivia Hart doesn't know what hits her when with short notice her mother decides to remarry. Overwhelmed by t... More

Introduction
1: Dom Pérignon
2: Canard-Duchêne
3: Laurent-Perrier
4: Nicolas Feuillatte
5: Lanson
6: Moët & Chandon
7: Bollinger
8: Armand de Brignac
9: Krug
10: Ruinart
11: Taittinger
12: Pommery
13: Mumm
14: Armand de Brignac
15: Pol Roger
16 : Deutz
17: Billecart-Salmon
18: Perrier-Jouët
19: Piper-Heidsieck
20: Louis Roederer
21: Blanc de Noirs
22: Ayala
23: Collet
24: Regi
26: Janisson
27: Veuve Clicquot
28: Paul Bara
29: JACQUART
30: Salon
31: Chavost
32: Korbel Brut

25: Quartet

5.3K 183 24
By nightlighe01

'Actions have consequences'

Kayden waves at me sarcastically as soon as our eyes meet and I refrain from an eye roll before I blatantly ignore him and focus my attention on the top of our table.

"God help me," I mutter under my breath, having a gut feeling that they are going to blow all of this out of proportion.

"What's wrong?" Daniel asks, worry lacing his words. I sigh.

"Don't freak out, but my step-brothers are heading our way as we speak," I caution him while trying to avoid any eye contact with the two.

"Oh-okay," he replies. "Wait, I didn't know you have siblings," he remarks once realization sets in.

"I don't, my mum's remarrying," I explain and he nods in understanding.

"So wh--"

"Hey Liv, fancy seeing you here," Kayden acknowledges, his demeanor a bit too cheerful in my opinion, but there is an underlying aura of intimidation to him. I shrug in response.

"What, aren't going to introduce us to your little friend here?" He asks feigning offense, all while Enrique stands as a silent observer in the background, putting Daniel and me under scrutiny under his impassive gaze.

I bit back nervousness. "Daniel this is Kayden," I acquaint by motioning towards Kayden with my hand. "And that's Enrique," I motion towards Enrique.

"And guys this is Daniel," I add, masking just how nervous this entire situation feels under a cloak of monotonousness.

They each shake Daniel's hand firmly, Kayden taking the liberty of being more than just firm gauging from the pained expression that Daniel is quick to mask and the twitch of his hand as he pulls back from Kayden's grip.

"So what are you guys doing here, instead of being at school?" Kayden inquires casually, while he and Enrique drag two vacant chairs and join us. I send Daniel an apologetic smile.

"The dance was pretty pathetic," Daniel shrugs.

"And we were hungry," I add.

"So where are the rest of your friends? Weren't you in a group, with that boy...Graham was it?" Kayden presses crossing his arms against his chest and raising a brow at me. I shrug in response, unsure what to say.

I couldn't really tell them that Graham, Mercy, and Mason are at the beach getting wasted while I decided to come here to grab a bite 'cause I didn't fit in, now could I?

And taking me by surprise at the fact that not so long ago Kayden didn't like the very mention of Graham's name and now all of a sudden he's annoyed that I'm not with him?

"What are you guys doing here anyway?" I ask, trying to change the subject and void further interrogation.

"We were actually working late at the office and decided to grab dinner," Kayden replies.

"Imagine our surprise when we saw you here a good fifteen-minute drive from where you were supposed to be tonight," Kayden adds as an afterthought, his cheerful demeanor slowly conforming into a prominent persona of intimidation.

'This isn't the Kayden I have grown accustomed to'

This entire situation causes my cheek to heat up in embarrassment as I look toward Daniel discreetly from under my lashes. 'He probably thinks I'm some dork who is constantly monitored by her family'

"We were about to head back actually," I remark, trying to save myself from any further embarrassment at the hands of Kayden in front of Daniel.

"Of course," Enrique nods before Kayden can say anything else, making me inwardly sigh in relief. "We'll discuss this more at home," he adds causing my heart to drop.

"Sure," I mumble in response as both Daniel and I get out of our seats and head toward the cashier.

"Nice jacket, by the way, Liv," Kayden remarks lowly as I walk past him referring to Daniel's jacket that I still have on.

'This is my last planet this planet' I conclude as Daniel holds the door open for me as we exit the diner. I mumble a soft "thank you" at his display of chivalry.

Once secure in his car I drop my face into my hand in embarrassment before profusely apologizing to him for how they acted.

But not a minute into this and I hear him crackle with laughter. I lift my head to face him. His head is thrown back like a little kid as he laughs uncontrollably and to my surprise, his laughter isn't one of mocking but rather sincere humor.

"That...was...oh God," he says between laughs.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asks me sobering down a bit.

"You aren't mad at how they treated you in there?" I voice my curiosity.

"Why would I be?" He shrugs.

"Had it been my older brother, he would chew my ass up right then and there regardless of the company," he explains. "They were at least civil," he adds as an afterthought.

"Overprotective brother?" I ask earning a firm nod from him.

"Guess we have that in common," I shrug.

"Yup," he breathes out. "But I feel sorry for you once you get home though," he adds making me groan, letting my head hit the headrest of the seat, he chuckles at that.

"See that building over there?" He points to one of the opulent buildings across the street randomly on our drive back to the beach. I hum in response.

"That's where my brother and dad work," he tells me. "And once I'm through college I will be as well," he states proudly and I smile at his enthusiasm on the subject.

"What do they do?" I ask. "If you don't mind me asking," I add quickly not wanting to pry.

"Ever heard of the Ambrose Merchant Marine Co?" He asks. I nod affirmatively, because who hadn't heard of the largest shipping company in the country?

And that's when realization strikes me, his full name is Daniel Ambrose.

"Hey but please don't start acting all weird with me now just because you know," he remarks quickly and I frown.

"Why would I?" I ask him truthfully. Sure, by this newfound information I can safely deduce that he is probably loaded, but so what?

"People just do," he shrugs. "And that's why I avoid mentioning it to them. I'm not entirely sure why I told you this honestly, considering that I've only properly known you for a few hours at most," he adds as an afterthought evidently confused by his own actions.

"Why do you attend our school?" I blurt out without thinking which is highly uncharacteristic of me. I slap my hand over my mouth, but it's too late. "It's fine if you don't answer, I don't mean to pry," I add sheepishly.

He shrugs nonchalantly. "I'd already been kicked out of six private schools by the end of my sophomore year, so dad thought public school would straighten me out," he chuckles. I frown.

"Considering you're graduating this year, I think it's safe to say he thought right," I remark.

"Appears so," he agrees. "But I'll rather stab myself in the eye with a rusted fork than let him hear me admit that, I'll never live that down I swear," he adds as an afterthought shaking his head. I roll my eyes.

"Okay, mademoiselle, we're here," he announces pulling up in front of the beach where the party is as lively and wild as when we left almost an hour ago, if not more.

"Well thank you, monsieur," I reply getting out of the car. He frowns.

"You speak French?" He inquires I shrug.

"Only a few phrases," I nod, and he chuckles.

"Aren't you just full of surprises," he shakes his head with a dimpled smile.

"C'mon let's go find your friends," he says motioning to the crowd of sweat and clearly drunk teens, some too oblivious to even realize that they are grinding on each other.

"I hate high school parties," I grumble under my breath.

Pushing through the sea of people after a good few minutes of searching I finally spot a tall mop of familiar brown hair--Graham.

I sigh in frustration when I get close enough to realize that not only is he drunk into oblivion but he is also too preoccupied with the blond in his lap to care about anything else.

"Need a ride home?" A voice beside me asks and I snap my head to find the owner, relaxing when I realize it's Daniel.

"If you don't mind," I take him up on his offer, and we make our way back to his car with me giving him directions to the mansion knowing mum had no plans of going home tonight.

"All the best in there, amoureuse. Try to make it out alive, yeah?" He chuckles as I exit his car earning an eye roll from me in response.

"Good night, Liv from the debate team."

"Good night, Daniel from the football team," I reply before shutting my car door.

Taking a deep breath in I muster my courage before starting my journey towards the front door of the mansion with anxiety and nervousness almost choking me.

Author's Note:

Hey, guys hope you like this chapter!

Thanks for reading

Comment & vote

~Kia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 36.8K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
647K 25.7K 48
Olivia Jones barely remembers her brothers. When her mother divorced her father and took Olivia with her, the memories of who they were to her slowly...
382K 8.8K 24
She was just a girl who wanted to know about her real family. He was just a boy who stay in his bestfriend's house more than his own foster parents'...
Dissolving By wee_me

Teen Fiction

239K 10.1K 46
****THIS IS A SEQUEL. To be able to follow this story, please read "Unravelling" first**** Lily has started into the new year with a mixture of confu...