Second Chance || Lab Rats

By multiny_

Hundreds of mile away from home. New school. New friends. New life. New feelings? Maybe Everything was bound... More

00
• Act one •
01: New School
03: Split Personality
04: First Dance
05: Progress Reports And Shocking News
06: Chessy Picture On The Wall
07: Absent Birthday Boy
08: Forgive And Forget- Cause They Have A Flippin' Lab
09: Alone Time Gone Wrong
10: Beach Day And Old Enemies
11: Magic Shoes
12: Magic Shoes, Not So Magical Experience
13: Parent/Teacher Night
14: Visit From An Old Friend?
15: Day Two Of Building A Lab
16: Finally Friends
17: Marcus Goes To School
18: New Band And Betrayals
19: First Sleepover And A Mission
20: Mission Success
21: Wild Assumptions and laser tag gone wrong
• Act two •
22: A Trip To The Bottom Of The Pacific Ocean
23: Near Death Experience
24: Aftermath
25: First Day Of Parenting
26: Bad Parent(ing)
27: Making Memories
28: I Didn't Even Have Detention
29: What's Wrong With Bree?
30: Hanging Out With Geeks
31: Win Some, Lose Some
32: Vocal Manipulation
33: Close Call
34: Not So Happy Visit
35: Truth's Out
36: New Universe, New Me
37: No Place Like Home
38: First Birthday Together
39: Talent Show
40: Spike's Back
41: Uh Oh
42: Smoothing Things Over
43: Another Dooley In School
44: Loud neighbors
45: The Day Has Come
46: Unexpected Turn
• Act Three •
47: A Year Later
48: An Angry Old Friend
49: First Hero Mission
50: Boyfriend Goes Missing
51: We've Come So Far
Epilogue
A/N

02: Finishing First Day Of School

1.1K 26 7
By multiny_

           There was only a few minutes left of school before it finally end and there was a pep rally. A great way to end things with, no classes and not need for interaction.

And even if I said no interaction I found myself talking to some of the band kids— I know band, but they told me about the music room and how it could use some new people in it. I was interested in the class, I played a few instruments and learned you could skip some classes to help in the music room, I'll have more benefits if I enroll to the class. I just might help or consider enrolling.

Anyways, I sat near the edge of the bleachers— so only one person could sit next to me— and the cheerleader did their routine, but I kept glancing at Leo who signed the eighth ball today. My eyes shifted to the door and saw Bree and the taller guy walk in.

"You guys rock! Ever since gym class, everyone wants to be my friend. And there's been a certain gentleness to my wedgies." Leo exclaimed.

"It's the least we can do. You gave us our first taste of freedom." Bree said.

"Yeah, and our first taste of Salisbury steak, uh, yum." The taller guy—I really gotta learn his name— said, taking a bite of the patty that was for lunch.

Shortly after, Chase smugly walked in.

"Where were you?" Leo questioned.

"Computer lab, taking med school courses. Guess who just became a chiropractor in the Philippines?" Chase announced.

Ugh, he's one of those isn't he, the smart student who asks the teacher about the homework. I really hope he's not.

"Aww, look. The doggy likes me." The taller guy cooed, at the schools mascot, "Okay, doggy that's enough. Hey, I said that's enough!" He tried to get away from the mascot as he was basically being harassed by it.

Half of my entertainment might've walked away but Bree was in my range of view. The guy she hit early walked up to with a noticeable swollen nose.

"Hey, I'm Kavin." Kavin introduced himself, "Aren't you the girl that tried to make me eat a basketball in gym class?"

"Oh! You remembered!"

Bree and Kavin's moment was interrupted by the taller guy.

"I'm warning you, dog, you're messin' with the wrong guy!" The guy shouted, as they both hurried out the gym.

"So, there's this party tonight. You wanna go?" Kavin invited Bree.

"A party? I've never been to one. I mean, yes, I have! My whole life's a party! You're invited. Wanna dance?" Bree rambled, then proceeded to dance and I instantly looked away not being able to handle the second-hand embarrassment.

"No! It's my salisbury steak!" The taller guy exclaimed, entering the gym again and pulling the mascot with his foot.

They quickly went from entertaining to weird. I look away from them one second and the next, the schools mascot is on fire. Which lead to the Dingo running into the cheerleaders. The girls separated and left the cheerleaders they threw in the air.

She wouldn't fall from a far height, she might get a bruise or two. Possibly a sprained ankle or wrist.

"I got her! I got her!" Bree exclaimed, she appeared next to the cheerleaders—
Literally, I swear I saw her next to the door then she was with the cheerleaders. Even with her quick speed, she miscalculated where the cheerleaders would land and the brunette fell with a loud thud.

"Oops, overshot it. But don't worry, I know a chiropractor in the Philippines." Bree said, referring to her brother.

The fire alarm went off and people started to shout and run.

"People. People. Statistics show that if we don't panic, at least 70% of us will make it out alive." Chase announced, it didn't calm people down, they went right back to freaking out and running wildly. Chase was thrown off balance and landed harshly on the bleachers. I was near him and decided to helped him up.

"You should never tell someone their chances of living." I advised. He nodded and muttered a 'thanks' to me. I let go of him and was about to exit the gym when I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh no, they killed Dewey Dino!"

Oh, no way. It's Tasha Dooley, I've seen her new stories before, I've always found them entertainingly bad. I also noticed her husband, Donald Davenport, a billionaire scientist.

I looked between Leo and the new kids, they innocently smiled and waved at them. That must be Leo's parents and I should probably go.

"So how was school?! Get in the helicopter!"

I was able to hear Mr. Davenport yell before exiting the building. I searched around the area and spotted Dad's motorcycle.

———————————

Dad and I got off the motorcycle and entered our small house. I lazily took my shoes off and threw myself on the couch.

"That bad?" Dad asked, I groaned sitting up and facing him. He leaned against the counter eating some cookies.

"Can't I drop out?" I asked. Dad bursted into a fit of laughter.

"No." Dad chuckled. I flopped back on the couch and inhaled deeply. I got up again heading to my room, I waved as I passed dad and ran upstairs. I opened my door and threw my bag aside.

My eyelids became heavy and I started to close them only to feel my phone vibrate. I took my phone out and the bright screen shined on my face.

'I'm having a party and you're invited.
It's Leo from school btw.'

I reread it and shut my phone off. I didn't want to deal with a party after school. I placed my phone on my stomach and closed my eyes, hoping I could fit in a quick nap before dinner. I took a deep breath feeling relaxed.

My sleepiness went away as I was woken up for the second time. I grabbed my phone and saw it was Leo again.

'Could you please come over?
You're the only person who actually engaged in a conversation with them.
Bree thinks you're her BFF.
Have some pity for the homeschooled.'

'I'll be there.' I sent, instantly regretting it.

I got up and unwillingly left the comfort of my bed. I walked downstairs entering the living room. Tony had arrived from work and dad was in the kitchen. I waved at Tony and tapped dad on the shoulder.

He turned to me and paused his cooking.

"What's up, squirt?"

"I've been invited to this party and the person who invited me wants me to be there." I mumbled. Dad look taken back, then a wide grin appeared on his face.

"You hear that Tony, my little girl got invited to her first party on her first day!" Dad exclaimed.

His sudden outburst startling me. He ruffled my hair, "Of course you can go, but no funny business, you hear me?"

I nodded and he ruffled my hair again. He grabbed his keys and jacket, he washed at me to hurry up.

"Well, don't you just look happy." Tony teased, I looked over my shoulder and saw dad walking to the motorcycle, I turned back to Tony and flipped him off. He chuckled and went back on his phone. I closed the door behind me and leisurely climbed on the bike.

"Do you even know where it is?" I asked, holding onto the back of the motorcycle.

"What's the name of the person that invited you?"

"Bree."

I know it was Leo, but if dad found out I was invited by a guy he would overreact. Knowing him, He would probably drive to the house and lecture Leo for talking to me. Believe it or not, I had guy friends and dad scared majority of them away.

"Last name is Davenport, right?" Dad asked, looking back at me. I nodded confused on how he knows her.

"Yeah, I know where it is."

——————————

I knocked on the orange wooden door waiting to be let in. Soon after, the door open revealing Leo, he step aside let me walk in.

So, this is how a mansion looks like.

"Thanks for coming. You're the first girl that talked to Bree and thinks that makes you her friend for life." Leo breathed out.

Leo hurried to a hallway leaving me alone with a bunch a strangers. The urge to follow him increased as more seconds passed. I sat on one the chairs in the corner and watched everyone have fun.

Thankfully, I didn't have to wait long before seeing a familiar face. Leo brought Bree, Chase and the other guy that I still didn't know the name of showed. They joined in the party and danced to the beat of the song.

"Do the Leo! Do the Leo! Do the Leo! Do the Leo!" He chanted on top of a coffee table. "Now just the sexy people!"

I was too far to hear their conversation although I shouldn't be in the first place.

Old habits die hard, I guess.

My eyes were teared from an idiotic guy who stuck their head in a microwave, to Bree. She squeal and ran over to me embracing me in a tight hug.

"You're here!"

"Yeah, oh look, it's Gavin!"

"Kavin." Bree corrected.
"It's Kavin."

Bree and I corrected at the same time. He was hard to miss with his inflated, throbbing nose. She turned around and hurried over to him. I sighed in relief and chilled by the snacks.

"Hi, I'm Adam." The taller— I mean Adam introduced himself. Finally know all their names.

"I'm Lauren."

His attention switched to a piece of cake on the table. He smiled, about to eat it when Chase stopped him.

"Careful there, buddy. That piece of cake has approximately 47 grams of sugar. If you eat it, you'll be bouncing off the walls for hours."

"How exactly do you know that?" I questioned, I found his intelligence fascinating. Never have I meet someone who knows how much sugar is in a cake.

"Cause I just had 12 pieces!" Chase shouted, shoving more cake into his face. Chase jumped on the couch and Adam did the exact same thing. They jumped on the couch together. I cringed seeing their shoes hit the clean beige couch.

"What the—" Mr. Davenport exclaimed, but was cut off by a car horn, that was driven by Leo. How the hell does that thing fit in here?

"Hey, you're back! How did these people get here?!"

"You are in big trouble mister." Mrs. Davenport warned.

"Hey, everybody! Thanks for coming. Get out!!!"

I had my head down trying to blend in with crowd of people that were leaving but it didn't work.

"Hold it, Walsh." Mrs. Davenport sternly said. I turned around to face her and she did not look happy. I waved at her pulling my best smile.

"You look absolutely dashing in that dress, Mrs. Davenport." I complemented.

Did I mention my dad works for Mrs. Davenport as her cameraman? Yeah, he told us beforehand and I guess he informed her about his kids. He is always bragging about us.

She wrapped an arm around me and we both walked out the door. I looked over my shoulder and saw the four siblings watched Tasha drag me outside. I assumed they were siblings considering Mr. Davenport didn't kick those three out.

"Does your father know you're here?"

If I say yes, dad might get in trouble. Mrs. Davenport could think dad is irresponsible and possibly fire him. Maybe she doesn't like dad and has a reason to start treating him unfairly after this. Maybe I'm just overthinking this but no one knows what could happen.

"No."

Mrs. Davenport narrowed her eyes and huffed.

"Do you want a ride home?" Mrs. Davenport offered.

"No thanks. Sorry for the disturbance. Have a good night."

Mrs. Davenport walked back in the house shutting the door behind her.
And this is why I don't like to get involved with the outside world. First party and it was done without parent consent. I know, that's what a typical teenager does but it was so awkward when it gets busted.

I took my phone out dialing dad. The phone rang for a few seconds before dad picked it up.

"You couldn't last that long?" Dad teased. I could feel the smirk from the other side of the phone.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Yeah, it was too chaotic for me. Come pick me up, please."

"Well, you put yourself out there. I'll be there shortly."

I sat on the ground, picked on the grass. I plugging in one of my earphones waiting for dad to arrive.

________________________________
Season 1 ep 1: Crush, Chop & Burn

Word count: 2150

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.5K 1.1K 33
"I'm no Superman, I can't take your hand, And fly you anywhere you wanna go, I can't read your mind like a billboard sign, And tell you eve...
157K 1.6K 31
y'all stop reading this please Credit to all the artists and photographers I do not own the show 'Lab Rats' nor the characters Leo, Frances Duolly...
8K 210 20
🤍----"𝙴𝚅𝙴𝚁𝚈𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝙺𝙽𝙾𝚆𝚂 𝚈𝙾𝚄 𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙰𝚃 𝙱𝚄𝙱𝙱𝙰." 𝙰𝚂𝙰 𝚂𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙴𝙳 𝚂𝙾𝙵𝚃𝙻𝚈 𝙰𝚂 𝚂𝙷𝙴 𝙶𝙴𝙽𝚃𝙻𝚈 𝚃𝙰𝙿𝙿𝙴𝙳 𝙷𝙸�...
287K 3.3K 13
❝𝐵𝐸𝑆𝑇 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐺𝑆 𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑃𝐸𝑁 𝑈𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑃𝐸𝐶𝑇𝐸𝐷.❞ 𝑨 𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒃𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒃𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈�...