The Search Is Over

By blaisegellert

There was a very good reason that Regulus Black reacted hard enough to lose his own life when he discovered t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160

Chapter 127

2 0 0
By blaisegellert

"I think we should tell Severus and Mag that we're a couple," Regulus said.

It was February thirteenth, the day before Valentine's day, and he'd just remembered that they still hadn't technically come out to Mag and Severus. He'd planned to speak to Kreacher about it the night of the Halloween dance at Durmstrang, but they'd gone directly up to bed when they got home and the prospect of sexy phantom on phantom Halloween shagging with Kreacher had entirely erased any need for conversation about Severus and Mag or anything else for that matter.

After Halloween was over they were busy with preparations for the winter holidays, and the continuation of the redecorating of the manor. With everything going on, Regulus's intention to tell Mag and Severus that he and Kreacher were a couple just fell between the cracks.

With Valentine's day nearly upon them, love was literally in the air, as was his need to share news of it with anyone who might not know. Hiding things around friends was just too stressful, and everyone had been so supportive, that he was less and less nervous when it came to sharing the fact that he and Kreacher were a couple.

"What?"

Kreacher turned to gape at Regulus in surprise.

"Does Master Regulus not think they already know? They are aware that we wish to have children, after all."

Regulus shrugged.

"Yes, but that doesn't mean that they know we're physically involved. We aren't having children the traditional way via the usual method of shagging so perhaps they believe the attempt is purely for magical experimentation in the name of pure blood squared and all that."

Kreacher laughed.

"Can they truly be that stupid?"

Regulus felt his lips twitch as he gave Kreacher a shrug.

"It's an assumption," he said.

"Our relationship isn't exactly expected, I suppose."

"So Master Regulus does believe them to be stupid," Kreacher mused.

"Kreacher understands. Master Regulus is always so polite."

Regulus laughed, shaking his head.

"So should we invite them to a Valentine's date tomorrow night? For dinner somewhere nice? I'd tell them I'm dating someone I'd like for them to meet...Then when you and I show up, they'll understand."

"Kreacher doubts it if Master Regulus truly believes they don't already," the elf muttered.

Regulus grinned.

"So is that a yes?"

Kreacher sighed and nodded. As they were in the library having an after dinner read, Regulus only had to cross the room to the desk in order to access quill and parchment. He wrote Severus and Mag that he'd love for them to meet the person he was dating, and what better occasion than a romantic Valentine's dinner. He suggested they meet up around eight on Valentine's night at a Bulgarian restaurant for fine dining that he'd heard Gellert mention often called Shimmer.

He asked Mortis to take the letter and the phoenix was back within ten minutes with a response.

"I told you so," Regulus said, chuckling happily as he showed the letter to Kreacher.

Mag's usually neat and ornate handwriting was rushed with excitement. As Regulus had suspected from her and Severus's reaction when he sang Spooky to Kreacher at the Halloween dance, they had no clue!

Wow, Regulus! You're finally dating someone? We're excited to meet her. Yes we'll be there at eight sharp.

Mag

"(HER)," Kreacher snickered.

"Should Kreacher appear as a girl to play the joke out?"

Regulus considered for a moment, then laughed.

"Yes, that would be fun! What sort of girl shall you pose as?"

Kreacher frowned."Whatever sort of girl Master Regulus would imagine Kreacher to be, he thinks. Tomorrow Master Regulus can imagine Kreacher as a human girl and he will look into Master Regulus's mind and take that form."

Regulus grinned.

"Well as I've never imagined you as a girl before...ever, it shall definitely give me something to consider for the rest of today."

That consideration was more difficult than one might expect. Regulus first asked himself what sort of girl he'd find attractive, but that didn't help. He could find many types of girls attractive in an abstract sense, but not in a way that connected to him.

Not in a way that made him want to be physical with them. No pretty girl or woman made him feel electric when they looked at him in the way Kreacher did. No man had either, so he seriously doubted he and Kreacher were even normal gays.

They were just always so damned close that sharing everything felt most natural. That thought sparked the idea that finally helped him choose a female form for Kreacher. He imagined a girl looking at him the way Kreacher did, and then let her take form in his mind. She was of average height, so a little shorter than he was, with soft light brown hair a bit past her shoulders. It was wavy, and her face was heart shaped. She was slender and her eyes looked like Kreacher's eyes.

"When you do it, leave your eyes the same," he told Kreacher.

"Why," Kreacher asked curiously.

"It will show Mag and Severus that it's you, and I'd enjoy it far more if your eyes were the same. If you look like someone else I still want to see you."

Kreacher shrugged.

"As Master Regulus wishes."

He grinned suddenly, bouncing up in the chair in which he was curled to read.

"But in case Kreacher's eyes do not give it away, we should play with them for a little just for Kreacher's amusement. Kreacher will need a name."

Regulus shrugged.

"Very well, what name would you like?"

Kreacher frowned consideringly.

"What does Master Regulus think of Echidna."

Regulus felt a slow smile spreading across his face.

"A formidable Greek female Monster? That's absolutely perfect!"

Kreacher chuckled happily.

"Kreacher thought so as well. She would be suitable for Master Regulus."

When she heard of the plan later that evening, Kereston offered to lend Echidna a dress. As Echidna would be taller, Kereston suggested that Kreacher work an enlargement charm on the dress to make it fit properly.

When he gratefully agreed, she offered to lend him shoes as well. When he and Regulus showed up at Shimmer to meet Severus and Mag, Kreacher looked quite the put together young woman. The green dress from Kereston was simple and the black ballet flats set it off to perfection.

They stood just inside the restaurant, waiting for Mag and Severus to arrive. As they waited, Kreacher kept reaching up to touch his soft brown hair in mild wonder. He'd surprised Regulus by opting for transfiguration rather than a simple illusion, and he was experiencing the human form with a nearly starry eyed fascination.

They were there for less than five minutes when Mag and Severus arrived. Severus's face was curious and Mag wore a warm smile as they hurried up to join them.

"Hi," Mag said.

"Regulus, who is your lady friend? We're so excited to see that you finally have one!"

Severus's face changed first as he registered Kreacher's eyes. Curiosity turned to shock as he stared.

"Kreacher?"

Mag directed her full attention to Echidna' then, her large green eyes widening as she finally noticed the eyes as well.

"No," she breathed, glancing from Kreacher to Regulus.

"Yes," Regulus said.

"It's Kreacher. He and I have been together for years."

"And you're just saying something now," Mag managed.

She and Severus exchanged a look of horrified shock, and Regulus felt himself struggling against discomfort.

"We didn't say anything to most people for years because we didn't want to deal with negative reactions," he bit out.

"It smells so good in here. I need to eat," Severus said.

Before long the four of them were seated at a cozy table in the middle of the restaurant. The place was warm and inviting yet simple. True to its name, the entire restaurant was covered in a magical shimmer from floor to ceiling including all surfaces, i.e every table and chair. It added to the festive mood of the holiday and Regulus found it oddly soothing.

"So you're gay," Mag said, staring from Regulus to Kreacher.

"Not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just really odd to discover the fact suddenly."

"We love one another and only one another," Regulus said.

"I suppose as we're both men, that's gay."

Severus waved a waiter over nearly desperately, and he and Mag ordered some sort of fruity alcoholic drinks. The waiter wore a suit and his tie sported small red harts in honor of the holiday. He asked if Kreacher and Regulus would like anything, and Regulus shook his head.

"We already ate, thank you."

"Well...I'd say congratulations, but apparently you've been together for ages so there is no point," Mag said after she and Severus placed their food order and the waiter had gone.

"It's just bloody odd not to know something so important about people one considers good friends," Severus complained.

"It's more difficult to talk about because of how people consider elf human relationships," Kreacher said.

"Kreacher's female name is Echidna, by the way," he added with a grin.

Mag burst into laughter.

"Echidna! That bloody suits you!"

Kreacher nodded proudly.

"As for how people treat elves," Mag continued. "Severus never had one, and ours is free and paid, so what the hell."

"Your free elf was not very understanding of Kreacher and Master Regulus's relationship," Kreacher said tartly.

"Reactions like Mira's made us more reluctant to share."

His voice as a woman was light and husky, yet still very feminine. Once again, Regulus was impressed with his skill at transfigurations. Albus should be proud.

"Well it is weird and shocking to be frank, but it's your business," Severus said.

Regulus gave him a dry smile.

"Thanks."

"No problem," Mag said, laughing.

"We are very kind and gentle, after all."

At that, it was Regulus and Kreacher's turn to laugh. The drinks arrived then. The waiter carried them on a small ornate golden tray strewn with rose petals. Very Valentine's day, Regulus thought, momentarily wishing he and Kreacher could enjoy food and drink from time to time. The glasses were made of sparkling crystal, and the drinks were a candy pink with chunks of fruit floating on top.

"Are they good," Regulus asked enviously as Mag took her first sip.

"Oh yes," she groaned.

"I'd like to propose a toast," she said, lifting her glass into the air.

"To love."

She reached with her free hand, taking Kreacher's hand and placing it on her glass, as if to share the sentiment. She then took Regulus's hand and placed it on Severus's glass as he lifted it in response. It was a sweet way to share the gesture, Regulus thought, exchanging a smile with Kreacher as the glasses clinked.

After dinner, they returned home to enjoy the rest of the romantic holiday alone. Kreacher transfigured back to his natural self at once. He returned Kereston's clothes before joining Regulus in their bedroom. Regulus was glad Kreacher hadn't wanted to play around with the female body, because for some reason, it just wasn't as appealing. Some couples were into spicing it up, he supposed, but he was more than satisfied with what he had.

As Kreacher lit red heart shaped candles and placed them around their room, Regulus drew his guitar from under the bed. It was now a yearly tradition for him to serenade Kreacher with The Search Is Over by Survivor, and as always Kreacher was moved. When Kreacher was moved, he had heavenly ways of showing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 154K 89
{𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟱} There are some stories that are told, but some others are just meant to be buried away. We have all heard the heroic story of Regulus...
14.8K 526 16
Regulus Black was forgotten after his death. A minor former Death Eater, a rare whisper in the wind. A name on a tapestry on the wall, a thought runn...
10K 232 23
πŸͺ„'cause i can see you waiting down the hall for me, and i could see you up against the wall with me. social media/modern au voldemort doesn't exist.
21.5K 986 40
Your time is running out, You should really watch your mouth. Regulus Black x OC Β© op81lovebot