The Search Is Over

Por blaisegellert

There was a very good reason that Regulus Black reacted hard enough to lose his own life when he discovered t... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160

Chapter 52

2 0 0
Por blaisegellert

Regulus and Kreacher were invited to a New Year's Eve party at Adler Manor. New years eve was always special to Regulus, considering that was the night he and Kreacher had their first, if accidental kiss. Regulus dressed for the occasion in formal black robes and tall black boots while Kreacher wore one of his new Christmas outfits consisting of a black velvet tunic and tall fur lined boots.

The elf cut quite the dashing figure, but when Regulus told him so, Kreacher only frowned, mild resentment coming off him in passive aggressive waves.

"It doesn't matter who made the bloody clothes, Kreacher," Regulus said in open exasperation.

"My buying them and you wearing them doesn't make us bloody Muggle Lovers! It makes us efficient. I was able to get you nice things without risking anyone noticing that I am back and you still got nice things for bleeding Christmas even though I could not go holiday shopping the traditional way!"

Kreacher's scowl deepened.

"Kreacher did not need anything for Christmas. Having Master Regulus back is gift enough for Kreacher."

Regulus frowned right back.

"Well I wanted to give you things, so I did. They are nice things, and you deserve nice things. The fabric would be the same no matter who stitched it, so get over it. No Muggle will ever touch your new things again ever. And if you need to purify them, just put some sort of strengthening magic on them so they won't wear out for ages or something. Then they'll have elf magic on them which should cleanse any Muggle taint."

Kreacher's lips twitched so Regulus smiled as well. Though the entire situation was ridiculous, it was somewhat expected. That didn't stop Regulus from wanting Kreacher to get over it nonetheless.

"Kreacher will consider that," the elf said slowly.

"Good," Regulus said, giving a smile of relief.

"Now let's get to Wolfgang's before we're late to the party."

"Very well," Kreacher said, taking Regulus's hand and apparating them from their bed chamber at Doge's to the front door of Adler Manor.

Millicent opened to their knock, and gave them a warm smile of greeting.

"Regulus! Kreacher! It's so good to see both of you. Come in. Kreacher you look grand in your new clothes!"

Kreacher was unable to keep a brief frown from his face, but it only lasted an instant before he was smiling at Millicent and murmuring shyly afew words that sounded a lot to Regulus's vampiricly enhanced hearing like thank you.

Millicent ushered them inside to be greeted by soft warm lighting, bright holiday decorations and the sound of cheerful holiday music turned down low so that everyone could still hear properly to converse. Many of the guests were already present. The party was mostly in the parlor. There were two long tables lined up against the far wall filled with party food, and Regulus led Kreacher over directly.

"Eat something," he said, bending to kiss the elf's cheek.

"It all looks delicious, and I am certain no Muggle touched any of it."

Kreacher frowned, but the expression gave way to a grin nearly at once.

"Master Regulus!"

Grinning back, Regulus gently pushed Kreacher toward the refreshments. The elf regarded the spread thoughtfully before taking a stuffed olive.

"Yes do have some of those before my owl and I eat them all," Severus chuckled.

He had a glass of wine in one hand, and the large white owl in question sat on his shoulder. From the man's relaxed demeanor, it was evident he was enjoying the wine. That was good. He deserved to relax for a change, Regulus thought.

He glanced around to see Mag talking quietly with an interesting looking Egyptian girl and a small friendly looking blonde with ringlet curls.

"Severus Snape is right to eat a lot of these," Kreacher said.

"They are quite good!"

"They're stuffed with bacon and cream cheese," Severus said. "I've never heard of putting bacon in an olive, but hell...Bacon is the candy of meat so it goes perfectly with anything."

He glanced at the owl as he spoke, as if the two were sharing a joke, and Regulus found himself idly wondering if the bird could be...special in some way as was Mortis. Snape wasn't the warm fuzzy sort to randomly take up with a pet, after all.

"Want to try one," he asked the Black Phoenix.

Mortis bobbed his head in a nod, so Regulus reached for an olive, feeding it to the bird who nearly swallowed it whole.

"It appears my bird likes them as well," Regulus commented with a chuckle.

"Try these mini sandwiches, Kreacher," Severus encouraged.

"They are turkey cranberry, and quite good."

Indeed Severus was definitely more friendly when wine was added, Regulus observed.

"Does your owl like those as well," he asked and when Severus nodded, Regulus took one for Mortis. Kreacher was reaching for his second when Gellert Grindelwald approached with Blaise Zabini at his side. The two were practically glowing and Regulus smiled to see them. It was obvious that they'd missed one another a great deal while Zabini was away for his final year at Hogwarts as the sentiment was practically coming off both of them in waves. Gellert's mind was still shielded quite well otherwise, though.

"Hi," Regulus greeted with a smile.

He poured Kreacher a glass of wine and pushed it gently into his hand.

"You'll need to drink something while you eat, and it's a party," he said before the elf could object.

"Good idea," Gellert said with a grin, and he and Zabini took glasses of wine for themselves.

"I'm glad both of you are here," Gellert continued sincerely, turning to face Regulus and Kreacher with his glass of wine held casually in one hand.

"In case Potter fails, I am preparing to deal with this Lord Voldemort, and to do so, the more understanding I have of him, the faster he dies which is what we all want. As such I would like it if the two of you allowed me to pick your brains about him. I understand the topic is surely sensitive, but my need obviously goes deeper than random curiosity."

Regulus nodded hastily, and Kreacher was quick to follow with a nod of his own.

"Of course," Regulus said, and Kreacher drained off half of his wine for fortification, Regulus guessed.

"What would you like to know," Regulus asked.

"Well...Perhaps tell me your story again, from beginning to end with as much detail as possible especially when it comes to any personal interactions with Voldemort," Gellert said slowly.

As Kreacher and Regulus acquiesced, Gellert listened attentively, sipping idly at his wine as they spoke.

Regulus considered it significant progress that neither he nor Kreacher grew overly emotional while speaking of the horrors. Not to say there was no emotion, as how could there not be, but it was far easier to distance themselves from that time. Perhaps it was the party atmosphere. Perhaps it was that they were surrounded by friends who genuinely believed and supported them, or perhaps it was just getting easier.

"What I notice the most about him is his disregard for Kreacher," Gellert said when the two had stopped speaking.

"It makes me sick. He is tossing away that which he needs, and those who love him. He can and will never succeed with this sort of mentality. In the end he must fail. How many will die before he does is the question, though."

Regulus nodded grimly, one hand resting protectively on Kreacher's shoulder.

"Voldemort, as a man, as a genius, is not at all impressive to me," Gellert continued, glancing over at Zabini to include him in the conversation.

The dark haired young man was rather quiet, Regulus noted.

"His desires and goals are silly and small. What impresses me in the worst of ways, is his disregard for what is important," Gellert said.

"It's obviously the insanity," Blaise drawled, and Gellert nodded.

"Yes but the particular way his insanity manifests itself is interesting. His lack of regard for others, his lack of regard for his own soul, he is feeding everything to something...well outside of himself."

"That sounds disturbing," Zabini murmured with a frown and Gellert grinned.

"Precisely."

Returning his intense blue gaze to Regulus and Kreacher he added, "And of course the fact neither of you can remember what happened after Orion's death is unsettling."

Regulus nodded.

"Memory gaps always are."

"Well said," Gellert chuckled.

He thanked Regulus and Kreacher warmly for their help, and the conversation turned to lighter topics. The evening was a pleasure, and the count down to the year's end seemed to come far too quickly.

All the couples seemed to find one another in the crowd, embracing for a new year's kiss. Regulus and Kreacher found themselves beside Millicent and Wolfgang as the lights dimmed and cries of "HAPPY NEW YEAR," rang out.

As couples became lost in one another, Regulus decided that he didn't care who saw them or what they thought. He and Kreacher were a couple too and they'd earned the right to enjoy this kiss as much as anyone else. Bending he embraced Kreacher as the elf's mouth met his.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

14.8K 526 16
Regulus Black was forgotten after his death. A minor former Death Eater, a rare whisper in the wind. A name on a tapestry on the wall, a thought runn...
883 30 6
Regulus Black has a big secret. He has been pretty good at keeping said secret, you know, a secret. It's even costed him his health a few too many ti...
2K 37 23
Regulus Arcturus Black never expected to make it out of the cave alive. After all, Regulus expected he would die young the first time he'd ever seen...
1K 35 10
Regulus had planned everything. He was ready, he was going to face death. He was resigned and fully accepted that fate. The young Black was supposed...