A Rainbow In The Dark ♡ MLM H...

By PixieBoy420

(Takes place after movie!!) Maxwell Kelso starts his Senior year at Parkrose Highschool, though it is his fir... More

Chapter One - Straight Through The Heart
Chapter Two- Nobody Else
Chapter Three - King Of Rock And Roll
Chapter Four - Because I'm Awesome
Chapter Five - Stand Up And Shout
Chapter Seven - I Could Have Been A Dreamer
Chapter Eight - Babbling Idiot
Chapter Nine - Chalis
Chapter Ten- Dance With Me
Chapter Eleven - Sacred Heart
Chapter Twelve - Super Mega Ultraviolet
Chapter Thirteen - Losing My Insanity
Chapter Fourteen - Cloud Ten
Chapter Fifteen - Evil Eyes
Chapter Sixteen - Rebel Angel
Chapter Seventeen - I Speed At Night
Chapter Eighteen - Stay
A/N

Chapter Six - My Best Friend's Hot

293 10 3
By PixieBoy420

The two hour drive wasn't bad at all, and having music and friends to pass the time made it even better. I kind of enjoy driving, and I know my van really well so it is easier to feel comfortable behind the wheel. We were on time as well. There were a few other vehicles scattered about with some groups around each chatting. Probably people like us, groups of friends. I decided to park a bit away from the other cars, more to the back of the building.

"We're here?" Hunter looked at me to confirm and I smiled.

"We're here," I copied and he unbuckled with a grin. I never thought I could see him so excited. We all climbed out of the car and I locked the doors behind us. As we approached there was a large bonfire near a side wall of the old solid concrete building. Two pickup trucks were backed up to it with people sitting on the back. Passing them we neared the entrance door that had motorcycles parked in a line. I had read that Smudged Lipstick was a three person band that also rode bikes, so I assume three of the eight bikes were theirs.

"Lot of people," Kevin commented and I nodded.

"From what I read Smudged Lipstick started out here and is getting kind of big in their town. So they are continuing playing here and more people are showing up," I told them.

"I'm excited for the Dio songs," Hunter told us.

"Me too," Kevin commented.

"I love any local band, but I have to favor the one writing their own songs," I told them with a shrug.

"I'm excited for both," Emily added. We entered the large warehouse that had a bar set up in the corner and a lounge area on the other side. There was an entrance way to another part of the building that had a makeshift stage and large music set up. Currently the stereos on stage played music from a dj booth with no band on stage.

"When do you think they'll start?" Kevin asked.

"Any time now really, why don't we go get drinks?" I suggested.

"I could drink," Emily smiled and the others nodded. We all made our way to the bar, the person behind the counter had a bright green mohawk and many face piercings.

"What can I get you?" they asked.

"Beer," Kevin said.

"Beer," Hunter agreed.

"Vodka and soda," Emily ordered.

"Johnny Vegas if you got it. Not a shot, full cup" I ordered.

"Got it," the bartender said before turning and gathering the drinks. They sat two beer bottles down, then two plastic red cups. They filled one with vodka and sprite, then another with tequila, watermelon liquor, and red bull.

"What is that?" Kevin asked as he took a sip of his beer.

"A drink my mom used to make for herself at home, said it reminded her of her partying days. So I started ordering it and I like it," I told them before sipping it.

"Does it taste good?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah, want some?" I asked pushing the cup out to him. He took it from me and took a sip before handing it back.

"Wow, sweeter than beer."

"And more alcoholic," I chuckled before drinking more of the cup.

"I see someone getting on the stage," Emily exclaimed tapping Kevins arm before pointing.

"Let's go," I said and led the way for our group to get into the other room and a decent distance from the stage. Soon the guitarist that was on stage played a chord to kick off a song.

The Bats had a male singer and bass player with long blonde hair. Aa male drummer with his head fully shaved, and a tall female guitarist with pitch black hair in pigtails. The group played five songs by Dio. I finished my drink after the third and felt a bit tipsy and pumped up. Kevin and Emily had been dancing together for awhile now. Hunter seemed to finish his drink before he began head banging to the songs. I did a mixture of both, dancing while head banging a bit to the music. Though when the music finally ended the room erupted with applause.

"This is so awesome," Hunter leaned into me and exclaimed in my ear.

"It is! I missed going to shows this summer," I replied.

The group left the stage and soon another group came on waving and the room got louder. The drums in the back were owned by their drummer who had her hair shaved just like Hunter's only bright pink. She took off the cover on her drum that had The Bats' logo on it. Underneath was Smudged Lipsticks logo painted on the drums. The guitarist and lead singer was a girl with purple and green hair teased up. Their bass player was a person with short black hair and their clothes covered in patches including the large one on their pants that read 'he/they'. The band looked really cool with the singer wearing a lot of fishnets and a black dress with traditional goth makeup, their drummer was very pink, and the bass player was more punk than the others.

"Thank you all, for coming out. We're always so happy to be back here playing for all of you!" The lead singer exclaimed over the microphone and the building erupted again with applause and cheers. The group went into playing their song Because I'm Awesome, which honestly sounded awesome. We listened to them play another two songs before I felt Kevin pull on my shoulder to get close to my ear.

"Any chance, Emily and I could um.. Use the van?" he asked with a slight slur to his words.

"Sure, condoms in the glove compartment, just use the white and red towel when you're done," I said with an eye roll and handing the boy the keys. Honestly I had allowed a few people who were friends at punk shows to use the van before, especially Izzy. Though I had never found myself in the situation, I was honestly still a virgin. Soon the two disappeared.

"Fuck Im thirsty again!" Hunter yelled to me.

"We can go get more drinks!" I yelled back and he nodded. The crowd had grown a lot so I took the boy's hand to lead him through the crowd. When we finally got to the other room I let go of his hand. The lounge area and bar was less busy, and near the bar was a table with merch for both bands, but mostly Smudged Lipstick.

"Two waters," I ordered at the bar and the bartender grabbed two water bottles and handed them over. I then moved over slightly to the merch table. The girl running this had blue hair and was smoking a cigarette.

"See anything you like?" she asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Oh yeah, everything really." I told her.

"Well, everything here has a price, everything," She smiled a bit, keeping eye contact before winking at me. I felt my face heat up a bit.

"Uhh," I stammered for a moment as I looked down at the shirts trying to hide the blush.

"You're really cute huh? Nervous?" she chuckled a bit as she pulled out her phone. "Can I have your number?" she asked.

"I'm sorry he's taken," Hunter said as he slung his arm around my shoulders and smirked at the girl. My face heated up more as I stayed quiet.

"Ah, sorry. Want to buy merch anyways?" she asked.

"Uh, Two shirts, and two patches of Smudged Lipstick, a cd and fabric wall hanging as well, and two buttons of The Bats," I said softly.

"Sixty dollars." She told me and I pulled the money from my wallet. Hunter's arm stayed around me as I exchanged the money for a bag with all the merchandise in it.

"Thanks, bye," Hunter said as he guided me away from the bar and out of the building before he let go of me. "Sorry if that was uh, weird. I saw you looked uncomfortable and thought I could help you say no. Hope I didn't cross a line," he explained.

"No you're fine, I was confused," I chuckled. "But thanks," I added. Honestly the girl was pretty, and I could have easily been confident enough to flirt had this been in my old state with Izzy. But Hunter, well, he wasn't like Izzy. He was someone I found myself staring at, blushing over, and daydreaming about. Maybe I didn't like that girl flirting because it wasn Hunter.

"Let's sit," Hunter pointed to a bench by the fire still going, though no one was close to it. There were people still outside and gathered in areas, but the seats around the fire were empty.

"Wanna smoke?" I asked, pulling my joint case out.

"Of course," Hunter chuckled.

I put the joint between my lips and passed it to him. Faintly we could still hear the music, the song being one I could relate to already. [CHAPTER TITLE]. Hunter passed the joint back and I took it with my left hand, him being on my right. My hand rested between us on the bench and soon I felt his hand lay on top of it. I looked down at our hands with a faint blush before looking to Hunter. He was staring up at the stars silently. I chose to stay silent too as I puffed on the joint then handed it back. He used his right hand to take it. We stayed like this, looking up at the stars, the warmth and light of fire on our faces. His hand on top of mine between us as we passed the joint.

"Hey," Kevin's voice pierced through the moment and Hunter stood up quickly, his left hand going through his hair.

"Hey, have fun?" I asked with a chuckle before standing up as well. Kevin blushed a bit before he nodded.

"Hunter's right, you're really badass!" He complimented and I smirked slightly.

"Dude," Hunter hissed at the boy, which only made Kevin laugh.

"This has been fun, but I'm tired, I want to head home soon," Emily added.

"That's fine, we can get going," I told them as I picked up my bag of merch.

"Wait you guys got merch?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah, shirts and such," I replied.

"We have to get shirts," He pleaded with Emily.

"Okay, shirts then we go," she agreed. "Here," she handed me the van keys.

"We'll wait in the van," I told her before the two disappeared into the building once again. Hunter and I made our way to the van, nothing seemed out of place.

"Why did they have the keys?" Hunter asked as he climbed into the passenger seat.

"Trust me, you don't want to know," I chuckled as I climbed in the back and put my merch bag on the bed. Soon the other two came back and climbed into the back to get comfortable. I pulled the new cd out of my bag. "Want to hear other Smudged Lipstick songs?" I asked.

"Yeah sure," Hunter answered first while I was climbing back to the driver seat.

"Yeah they sounded cool," Emily agreed. I put the cd in and started up the van. The ride home was much darker and tiresome, but the music was good. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 89K 26
(bxb) Axel Hunter hates Will Anderson. The two don't exactly see eye to eye, though that's to be expected of the two most popular boys in their high...
23.6K 798 22
Max was like most other people, very nervous to go to high school, but he's best friend, Zoey, was very exited. Max had a secret that only Zoey knew...
140 9 13
~REVISED 5/19/2023~ THE HOLIDAY... but with queer college boys. Campus genius Lonny had it all - two amazing parents, the admiration of his professor...
8.6K 570 31
simple Alpha omega story..