Me, Myself and... YOU?!

By helixxir

Bakugou Katsuki, he is known to be crude, arrogant, loud-mouthed and short tempered. Despite his known attitu... More

A "Normal" Day
Unexpected News
First Contact
Exams
Accepted
Start!
Special AU: Valentines Day!
Betrayal
Foundational Training
The Battle between Childhood Friends!
The Battle between Childhood Friends! pt.2
Broken Pride & Broken Trust
Bond? More like a load of crap!
Announcement!
Reach out, Iida!
Rescue at USJ--?
Curiosity about the Unknown
Fight and Win it!
Fight and Win it pt.2
End of the Game
Time to turn the tables!
All Might pt.1
Reinforcements have arrived!
Victory and Defeat... For now
A temporary close
Finally something school like!
Hear! Hear! It's the Sports Festival!
Race with a Twist!
Everyone's quirks are amazing!
Bring it on!!
Fifteen Minutes
To Strategies, Comes Schemes
What They Didn't Know
Cavalry Battle: END
All Might pt.2
Smile! Prince of nonsense!
Shinso, from the General Department
The Results
Time to Tremble, Challengers!
Midoriya's Encounter with the Pro No.2
Successor vs Masterpiece
Todoroki Shoto: Origin
A Filial Freedom
Iida's Fight!
Onto the Finals!!
Bakugou vs Todoroki: The Last Match

Bakugou's Rising Respect

23 0 0
By helixxir

Chapter 38

Once Katsuki faced Uraraka and once Present Mic finished introducing the challengers, Katsuki took a deep breath, closed his eyes and glared at her.

*Damn this... What the fuck.. She looks impossible to not look at. This fucking close! Shit!* Katsuki thought, he scrunched his nose a bit as he didn't like what he was feeling, he composed himself and remembered what he was there for, to crush her and win.

"Yo, you're the bitch that floats shit, right? Oi, I'm talking to you cheeks," Katsuki said rashly as Uraraka tensed up but softened as he remembered her quirk.

*C-Cheeks?! Round face earlier now, cheeks?!* Uraraka thought as she bit her lip, she didn't answer him causing him to furrow his brows. 

"If you're gonna withdraw, do it now, a simple "ouch" during the match won't cut through me," Katsuki added as Uraraka only kept silent and gritted her teeth.

"What was the counter strategy you came up for her?" Iida questioned Midoriya as he recalled the notebook he offered to Uraraka.

"Oh that, it's really not at all that brilliant but it's just that Kacchan is really strong and in a close combat battle, he got almost no possible openings," Midoriya explained, from six seats away from him, Kitsuki was trying to listen to their conversation.

"... And if you factor in the mobility his quirk gives him, he gets even stronger, that being said, it is true that he has maneuverability midair as well and if Uraraka can cause him to float then she can take the initiative from there," Midoriya continued as he also ended his explanation. Kitsuki chuckled when hearing his plan.

"And so that's why she needs to strike fast in order to make the plan work... That is if she took it," Midoriya said and Iida hummed in reply.

Present Mic began the match as yelled "START" and afterwards Uraraka immediately advanced toward Katsuki, who in time readied his stance.

"Withdraw you say? I'm sorry but I don't have that in my goals list!" Uraraka yelled as she showed a determined expression, Katsuki was stricken by what she said but didn't show it.

"If by small chance, he gets tapped, he'll start floating, so he won't want her to draw too close. So if Kacchan is thinking what I think he's thinking then yeah!" Midoriya exclaimed as he smiled seeing how close Uraraka was to Katsuki.

*What will she do next once he's in the air? Dumbass didn't think much through I believe* Kitsuki groaned in her thoughts as she watched Midoriya become so excited like a puppy about to receive his favorite treat. 

As Uraraka was nearly approaching him, Katsuki readied and began to swing his right arm, which Midoriya predicted in his thoughts as he recalled and took note of how Katsuki would strike.

Once Uraraka was reachable he immediately sent out an explosion toward her. The crowd immediately commented on his move.

"Holy crap! Is he really going all out on her?!" a pro hero questioned.

"... Against a female as his opponent!" another pro hero added.

Sheesh, this is bad! I know this is bad from the very beginning but I can't stop, not here!  Uraraka said in her thoughts as she blocked herself from the explosion Katsuki sent toward her.

"Right now... Die you floaty bitch," Katsuki muttered after he sent that explosion, he saw her and went to grab her.

"Don't underestimate--" Katsuki gasped as he felt the jacket instead of an actual body.

"WOHOO! She made her jacket as a decoy!" Present Mic exclaimed as he continued to root for her.

As Uraraka was in mid air, she tried to reach him but Katsuki swung his head to the side as he felt Uraraka try to reach him and sent another blast of his explosion, which sent Uraraka flying and hit the ground. She grunted as she hit the ground.

"He's keeping an eye out before making a move!" Sero said as he observed Katsuki's movements.

"With that reaction speed, not even a smoke screen would work, huh," Kaminari said. "Man that kid is scary," Kaminari added.

"That's my brother for you," Kitsuki said proudly and Kaminari questioned her.

"He's not manly and also manly... I can't decide!" Kirishima groaned as he stressed. Kitsuki giggled at him.

Katsuki cleared the smoke that was made by his explosion earlier and saw Uraraka, Uraraka crawled then stood up again as she continued to advance toward him.

"Too slow!" Katsuki scolded as he sent another explosion and Uraraka took it. Iida and Midoriya worried for her and were terrified. Uraraka continued to reach him and Katsuki continued to not allow her to touch him. Uraraka yelled in determination as she went toward him and yet again he sent another blow. 

"Ochako..." Asui said in worry, Jirou covered her face with both her hands and the others tensed.

"I'M STILL STANDING!" Uraraka yelled determinedly as she once again advanced to reach him and once again Katsuki sent another blast toward her.

"She still keeps pushing on without a moment's rest, seeing this..." Present Mic said with worry.

"That decoy didn't work... At this rate, he'll burn her to crisp," another pro hero said in the crowd.

"Hey, don't you think this should still go on?" a pro hero questioned Cementoss, who only stayed silent.

This mouse and cat game continued on until a pro hero from the crowd, who couldn't stand the fight any longer.

"HEY! Do you plan and dream to be a hero with what you're doing right now?!" the pro hero questioned.

"If your strength level is that much bigger, then just blow her out of bounds already!" he continued.

"Because HOW DARE YOU TOY WITH A GIRL LIKE THAT!" he ended and the rest of the crowd agreed with him, causing them to boo at Katsuki. 

"And now the crowd is booing at him..." Present Mic said nervously. Katsuki stopped and lowered his head, Uraraka noticed this as a perfect opportunity but didn't continue.

"Yeah, I've gotta agree-- Hey you elbowed me!" Present Mic exclaimed as Aizawa smacked his face and grabbed the mic from him, Present Mic questioned on what was he going to do.

"Who idiot said that he's toying with her? Are you a pro? If so how many years?" Aizawa taunted with questions. The crowd immediately stopped and was alarmed.

"If you said that with your right mind, then there's no reason for you to keep watching." Aizawa continued as his voice reached out to everyone.

"Do us all a favor and leave. In fact, you ought to watch the match at a career turnover site." Aizawa threatened.

His class felt genuine from what he said as one of his students was being booed at.

"He clearly recognizes her strength for someone like her to reach this far and is on guard as a result." Aizawa said, speaking for Katsuki's place.

"It's because he's doing everything in his power to win, which is keeping him from lowering his guard," Aizawa continued and the crowd stayed silent. Katsuki looked down then looked at Uraraka again, who was still standing.

*This bitch... she ain't dead yet...!* Katsuki grunted as Uraraka wiped the tiredness off her face and glared at him.

"I guess this is it... Thank you Bakugou-kun, for not letting your guard down!" Uraraka said as she pressed her two hands together, Katsuki, however, was in complete confusion.

Regardless of Katsuki's distance from the stands, the pros who started booing him should be ashamed of themselves. She stuck to being in a low profile and kept charging in order to draw Katsuki's attention downwards. 

All the while in order to stock her weapons, a large amount of rubble and debris from the explosion Katsuki made! Furthermore she made use of the smokescreen and ceaseless attacks to narrow his vision!

"I WIN!" Uraraka yelled as she muttered "release" and the debris immediately rained down.

"A METEOR SHOWER?!" Present Mic exclaimed as he watched the rocks fall down.

"Pay more attention please," Aizawa groaned.

"She made such a desperately reckless plan! Uraraka!" Midoriya yelled from his seat as he watched the rain of rocks fall down. As it continued to fall, Uraraka maintained it by continuing to press her hands together.

*With this much rubble, no matter if he blasts it or dodges them, it'll definitely open him up to another attack! In that case I'll close in on him with my super move! This is I'm gonna win and go to the finals--!* Uraraka's thoughts were interrupted as a huge range of explosion was set out and made Uraraka be flown away, the crowd and everyone else was blown away by the huge explosion Katsuki made.

"I know you're hanging out with that fucking nerd, floaty and so I knew you had something like this up your sleeve," Katsuki muttered as he sighed in exhaust and held onto his arm that throbbed with pain. Uraraka was terrified.

"You have to be kidding with me, in one hit?" Uraraka questioned.

"He must be content with himself, taking on Uraraka's secret stratagem and unreservedly crushing it!" Present Mic announced as the small pieces of the ruble fell.

"That was close," Katsuki mumbled as he continued to hold onto his arm that continued to throb. Uraraka tried to stand up but she trembled in fear.

*This is my absolute limit...! It totally fell flat!* Uraraka said as a shadow fell over her face. Katsuki also had a shadow over his head but wanted to continue on.

"That's it! I'm done playing! Let's get serious! Uraraka!!" Katsuki said with determination as he smirked with satisfaction at how far she had reached.

*He said her name! He said her name!! Oh god what precious news this is to my ears!!* Kitsuki exclaimed as she cried in joy for this is Katsuki's way of showing respect.

Uraraka stood up with the last bit of her energy and charged at him. I won't give up!! Not here!  Uraraka said in her thoughts as she gritted her teeth and tried to pull through. But once she made her step, her last step, she tumbled to the side and couldn't continue. Katsuki's determined expression faded once he saw her fall, it was a mix of disappointment and sadness as he couldn't continue their interesting and thrilling battle. Deep down he enjoyed their battle and was satisfied to fight with her.

"M-My body... Won't do what I tell it to..." Uraraka said as she clenched her hand and laid in defeat. 

"I-I can still..." Uraraka said weakly as she reached out a hand toward Katsuki with a face of determination.

"Papa I'm-- sorry..." was Uraraka's last words as she laid still, Midnight held onto her and confirmed that she could no longer continue.

"That means Bakugou advances to the next round!" Midnight announced. Katsuki didn't celebrate however, and showed a genuine calm and concerned expression on his face as he looked at her.

~~~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

365K 9.7K 52
what is it going to take to become a hero? will they be afraid of your quirk? or rather, will they shut you down? those were things you constantly t...
443 14 8
'He must be scared of you, Midoriya! Scaredy, Cat-suki!' In this AU, we have Mean!Deku and Nice!Bakugo. It has always been like this, Bakugo being th...
27.6K 749 50
You and your twin brother are known to be very close and rowdy at times. Both of you were in separate Hero classes yet still supported each other. Yo...
42.2K 976 12
You, a girl who is socially awkward, undeniably introverted and a bit shy. Meets a guy who's explosive, aggressive personality and straightforwardnes...