Tesoro

By lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... More

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
45 | Stained
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

06 | Wicked Game

720 64 37
By lovinraura_

Laura's Pov:

"You accepted what? You do realize you're never gonna win right?"

I let out a sigh, ignoring Gema as I tried to find a movie to watch.

"Why would you do that?! Are you sure you can even work under that pressu-"

"Gema" I gritted my teeth, then glared at her at my side.

She was sitting at my side, practically talking my ear off about the aperant mistake I'd made.

I knew it wasn't the most smart thing to do, but what was done was done now. I wasn't backing down because I was scared.

"What if she wins?" Nadia questioned, from the other couch, as she placed her phone down on her lap.

"You both truly are complete opposites" I heard Nicolas' voice over me, and raised my head to see he was standing behind the couch, pointing between the girls.

And he was right- every single time I would ask either of them for advice, they'd have complete different opinions from each other.

You could call it balance, but honestly, it was more confusing than anything.

"Yes, I'm realistic, and she owns Hello Kitty sheets at the age of twenty eight" Gema looked up at Nick, sending him a smile.

"First of all, you're pessimistic, not realistic" Nadia rolled her eyes "And don't talk about Hello Kitty like that!"

I chuckled, still surfing through channels.

Why was there nothing interesting to watch??

Camille walked in the apartment after taking off her work outfit, dressed in pyjamas like the rest of us.

Immediately, she jumped on the couch next to me, between Gema and I, stealing the remote from my hand.

I groaned, but rested back, accepting my fate. I wasn't finding anything interesting to watch anyway.

I wasn't sure if I was even in the mood for a movie or show. Maybe cartoons?

"Cami!" Gema moaned.

She turned her head to her, raising an eyebrow.

"Will you tell Laura that her decision today was dumb? How did you even let her do that?" she spoke again.

I rolled my eyes.

Nick rested his elbows above my head, chuckling at my face expression.

"Well first of all I'm not her mom" she pointed out "Second, she doesn't really have anything to lose. Are you just whining because you're jealous?"

"Jealous?" she huffed.

I raised an eyebrow, and leaned my head forward to look at them.

"She gets to work with Mister Sexy- Brooding- Business Man and you don't" she shrugged.

"Don't call him that" I physically cringed.

"That cannot be further from the truth" she rolled her eyes, wrapping her blonde hair in a bun as she now stared past Cami, and at me "I love her but the man is the business world's bitch. How do you outdo that reputation?"

"Alright" I sighted, crossing my arms as I turned to her "Look, I know everyone expects him to win, and for good reason, but I'd rather stick around at my job and get some good pay for three months, than start looking immediately and get stuck in a low paying job because I need another job quick. This is good for my résumé too, and I can take my time looking for another job these three months. Plus, while I do that, I get to live my dreams a little. I've wanted to be manager for a while now" I explained.

She nodded slowly, as she stared at me with her blue eyes.

I was hoping she could see my point of view.

"I guess" she mumbled, then hesitated, before speaking up "Well since you're stuck with him anyway, will you introduce him to me?"

My eyebrows furrowed, and I let out a snort "You're kidding? He's a stranger still. We're not friends. I can't just bring you along"

"Why not?" she raised an eyebrow "We can like.. wait a few days so you guys get to know each other and shit.. then it'll feel more normal"

I hesitated, scrunching my face at that.

"I don't know Gema. I don't like him very much. He might be attractive but he's sort of an asshole. Do you want that?" I adjusted my crop top, noticing I'd ridden up a bit from my laying position.

"I think that's the first time I've heard you admit he's attractive out loud" Cami spoke up, grinning at me.

I looked down at her "I have eyes"

Some people's physical appearance just didn't match their personality, sadly.

"Wait, but how do you know he's an asshole? You've met him like twice" Nick commented, laughing at me "Plus, he said yes to the competition right? He didn't need to do that"

"Okay I can't really say anything yet I guess, but he did kinda steal my job and insult me a bunch of times in the shortest conversation ever. Even when I went to the meeting he asked for, there was undertones of that" I looked up at Nick "And.. I'm still confused on why he wanted to compete for what he already had. He's that certain, I won't win"

I scrunched my nose at that reminder. This wasn't gonna go well, was it?

"I honestly don't care" Gema groaned "I need to get to know him myself, or just let him fuck me for one night at least. I think we're all ignoring the fact that he's probably got a lot of money too. Imagine the opportunities"

"If I ever find a good time.. I'll mention you" I sighted "But no promises"

"Yay! Thanks" she jumped over Cami and threw herself at me for a hug.

Camille groaned and I almost fell, but managed to hug her back.

"Cam does your stomach hurt again?" a voice of concern made us separate, and we looked behind to see Sebastian running up to us.

"I'm fine" she rolled her eyes, as he pulled her off the couch "Gema jumped on us"

Bash looked down at Gema, and she gave him a little smile.

I chuckled.

He pulled her with him over to the beanbag instead, where they both sat down next to each other to cuddle.

"You guys are being extra loudly annoying today. I can hear you from my apartment" he commented.

"We've got an interesting situation on our hands. Laura's gonna work with the sexy business boy but Gema has a crush on him" Nick notified.

Sebastian laughed at that, rolling his eyes "So, nothing new. Didn't y'all say he was an asshole though?"

"I did" I raised my hand.

"Tell him to be careful then. You know I don't let anyone threaten you or this one" he turned his head to kiss Cami's forehead, and she laughed.

"I think I'll be fine. He's not a bar dude. We're literally at work" I rolled my eyes "Plus, I think he's taller than you"

Sebastian's mouth hang open, like I'd completely stripped him off his masculinity.

I laughed, falling back on the couch.

I could've said he was more muscular too, but I didn't want to hurt him too much.

Bash worked as a security guard, and it went perfectly with his protective personality.

"I'm not talking to you anymore" he grumbled, and Camille and I cracked up harder - her falling on top of him as she laughed.

He rolled his eyes.

"Well, anyway" Nadia spoke up "I have a bit of news too"

"What's up?" I immediately looked back at her.

She barely told us anything about her day once she came home, so whenever she chose to I'd get a little excited.

Don't tell her that though.

"Chris" she pressed her lips "He broke up with his girlfriend"

"Oh!" Gema gasped immediately "That's amazing news!"

I stared at her, and she looked at me "Well.. not for Chris but.."

I chuckled.

Chris had been Nadia's little workplace crush going on three years now. Well, he didn't really work in the building, but he was connected with a job there so he'd come around often and mingle with everyone.

"You have to tell him now" I shrugged "No more excuses"

We pushed Nadia to tell him about her feelings many many times, but in addition to her just being shy, he also had a girlfriend, so she never actually considered it.

It wasn't a discussion at all in her book, but now, it's different.

"They broke up about two weeks ago" she rolled her eyes "It's too soon. He's probably still so broken. Also, you know I can't talk to men. I will literally trip on my way there"

I sighted.

"I say sweep in and be the shoulder to cry on" Nick wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

She glared at him.

"We have to create some sort of plan to have him see you" Gema narrowed her eyes "I can help"

"Please don't"

"This is gonna be great!" Gema sequeled, and Nadia slapped a hand on her forehead.

I laughed at the two, but sat up anyway.

"Where's your sexy ass going?" Nicolas spoke up, and I gave him a look.

"To slip in a dress, probably"

And as I walked away, I heard him whistle.

I had to get ready for my shift at Louie's so let the show, begin.

Ross' Pov

"Nine, at Louie's?"

"Again?"

My voice came out almost gruff- I was trying to close my eyes and put this headache to rest, before I was interrupted by the buzz on my phone.

I wasn't a happy person when people interrupted my sleep, or attempt at it, at least.

"Yeah boss. We uh .. had a little talk with the bar owner. We're in" he laughed at the end of the line.

I rubbed my forehead stressfully as I sat up, because of course they did.

Joseph, was one of the many people I would never consider a friend, yet saw almost all the time.

I guess, I'd signed up for it.

"How many times have I told you not to take action without my orders?" my voice was loud. This was far from the last time he chose to disrespect me.

"Sorry boss" he cleared his throat, and I could tell he was uncomfortable.

"Let it not happen again" I threatened, with a much calmer undertone.

"Yes boss. I just thought I'd be useful to meet up. Mercer is sending a litter of kittens to us tonight" he sounded gitty now, excited.

"Just don't talk our shit around them. I want zero emotional involvement" I strictly reminded him.

I wasn't about to have to take care of the 'litter if kittens' too, if they heard or saw what they shouldn't see.

The guys would sometimes step those rules when they wanted to prove how 'tough' they were, just to get in someone's pants.

Useless idiots.

"Got it boss. See you the-"

I turned off my phone, throwing it on the couch as a glare took over my face.

I glared at particularly nothing. I felt so much anger, and a part of me knew where it was coming from, yet I didn't have a clue at the same time.

The tv was off. My thoughts were loud. The place was quiet, it always was so quiet.

But there's one thing about silence, and how sometimes, it could be the loudest most painful sound of them all.

,,,

"Damn boss- not in the mood today?" Carlo slapped my back, laughing his ass off as he slammed a drink on the table.

The girl that was next to me giggled in response, yet was still hanging on my arm, trying to make me turn my head to give her attention.

Considering it was taking all of my composure not to start a fucking fight with one of my own guys, I'd say the night had taken to a rocky start.

I felt too intensely to want to touch anyone tonight. I felt too intensely to even want to be touched. The brunette next to me had an amazing body, but I wasn't planning on anything for tonight.

I wasn't in the mood to place a cushion to anyone's feelings, or keep up the facade.

So I slipped her hands off my arm, and she grumbled, before leaning next to one of the other guys instead.

I started at the round table, the amount of alcohol and drugs covering it. The amount of people around us at all time.

Sadly, alcohol wasn't doing shit to cool me off. It was practically making the flames larger, and the more the guys pushed the drugs on me, the more I wanted to throw them to their faces instead.

This particular table was also larger than the one we usually ended up in the corner. Whatever they said to the owner, sure impacted our group's placement tonight. That was safe to assume.

We had front view here from the stage, and for anyone around really. The guys loved the attention. I despised it.

Especially tonight.

So far, the atmosphere had been loud and choking, almost club- like, as there was no real singer on stage yet.

They were playing classic jazz songs in the background, which, even those, were such a misfit to the group surrounding me.

The louder they got, the more I could barely hear the music.

That's until the music stopped, and the lights shut off completely.

The people knew what they were in for- i could hear exited whistles and a few claps.

Then, the spotlight turned on, showing off a woman. Immediately everyone cheered, and my eyebrows narrowed.

With the dramatic shadows on the stage, the sparkly short dress she was wearing that fit her curves perfectly, and in my state of light dizziness from the alcohol, I could barely make up her face.

She was standing in front of the mike stand- hand already on the mike. I could see fait shadows of the band behind her.

"The world was on fire and no one could save me but you"

She immediately surprised with her voice- so much so I put the vodka, to turn my head.

It was the same voice I'd been listening to for the last two days, but tonight.. she sounded ..almost different.

"It's strange what desire will make foolish people do"

So deep, so concentrated, yet so soft and delicate. My eyes were immediately attached to her figure.

"I never dreamed that I'd meet somebody like you"

I felt too far from the stage, and it was too dark for me to tell who she was. I'd been curious of who this voice belonged to for a bit, but this .. this was almost teasing in a sense.

"And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you"

The lights finally started to lift- a warm glow that showcased the piano behind her, then slowly, gracing her body and face.

"No, I don't wanna fall in love" she almost dragged her voice. I could almost feel the goosebumps make their way down my arms. There was few times, I heard such a special voice.

"(this world is only gonna break your heart)" the background vocals were almost silent, so quiet, yet so haunting.

It was bright enough, that I felt my eyes widen.

And I could see her clearly now. I knew her. I didn't know her well, but I knew her.

Her long brunette hair confused me for a second, along with her dark make up.

Yet, her face was familiar. I knew because I'd seen her today, sat in front of me while she discussed her new role in the company.

Did she have a twin?

"No, I don't wanna fall in love" she left her feelings almost simmer in the air "(this world is only gonna break your heart)"

"With you
With you"

She had a different energy up there, so much so, I wasn't sure if to believe she was the same person.

The one in the workplace seemed assertive, sweet, but at the same time kind of an asshole. She was fun to argue with- I wasn't sure why.

Her up on stage? It was like her soul was crying of a broken romance.

But in both of those versions.. I couldn't deny her beauty.

"(This world is only gonna break your heart)"

She stretched her neck, showcasing more of it. I was left staring, only wondering.

"What a wicked game you play, to make me feel this way
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you"

I loved this song. It was one of my favourite pieces, yet it sounded so differently from her mouth.

Her feminity almost brought it to life, or perhaps, that was only my perception, as I connected to the lyrics.

"What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you"

The guys started being noisy around the table again, but I wasn't paying attention to what they were saying or doing anymore.

My eyes lingered on stage, as I rested back on my seat.

"And I don't wanna fall in love" she swayed slightly, and as her head turned I noticed her eyes wonder the crowd "(this world is only gonna break your heart)"

"No, I don't wanna fall in love" then, in her search, her eyes found mine and I immediately felt exposed "(this world is only gonna break your heart)"

She stopped in place, and stared at me. I didn't break eye contact, as I noticed the surprise on her face.

The mix of emotions on her face- it was like the second one left there came another. I wasn't sure if it was funny, or rather fascinating.

She missed the next line, she was supposed to sing 'With you', yet it seemed like she was stuck.

Weirdly, I wasn't sure if I could move under her stare either.

Suddenly, her head turned to the side of the stage, breaking eye contact, and I was certain someone was speaking to her from backstage.

She grabbed the mike stand, and started singing once again.

"The world was on fire and no one could save me but you
Strange what desire will make foolish people do"

While her voice still sounded beautiful, it was faster now, sort of shaky.

"I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you
And I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you"

She seemed to be avoiding looking my way again, and it was a weirdly amusing thing to notice.

"No, I don't wanna fall in love" I finally let myself relax to her voice "(this world is only gonna break your heart)"

"No, I don't wanna fall in love" I shut my eyes, and let out a stressful breath.

"(this world is only gonna break your heart)"

I chose to separate her voice from our interactions, as to not feel guilty for liking it. She had a gift, I'd be stupid not to notice.

"With you"

I let out a sigh.

"(this world is only gonna break your heart)"

And I could almost feel her whisper those words into my ear.

"With you (with you)
(This world is only gonna break your heart)"

"No, I" her voice lingered in the air, for once last time, and I already missed it.

"(this world is only gonna break your heart)
(This world is only gonna break your heart)"

I only opened my eyes when I heard everyone clap and cheer her performance.

Deciding to place my ego aside, I clapped along for a minute, before grabbing my drink again.

She sent an air kiss to everyone, before weaving a little and leaving the stage.

I smiled, placing my drink down, noticing perhaps I wasn't as aggravated anymore.

"AYYY!! You enjoyed that little number didn't ya?" Joseph called out loudly, making the rest of them laugh.

"You don't have one artistic bone in your body" I stared at him "Stop eating shit and refill"

I slid the glass his way, and he did as told.

Work was gonna be fun tomorrow. I was curious to see her again.

A wicked game indeed.

Laura's Pov

"He's here!"

"Who's here?"

"He's here!"

I groaned, as I felt Nicolas grab my shoulders "Who-"

"Ross!" I yelled "Ross Lynch"

"What?!" he let go of my shoulders, and the claim seemed to steal the attention of some of my other friends backstage.

I had about five minutes of what was supposed to be my water break to explain everything.

"Ross is here?" Gema jumped, turning to me.

"Yeah, I- I we made eye contact and he saw me" I tried to explain almost breathlessly "Fuck" I looked down.

"Of course he saw you- you were on stage dumbass" Sebastian spoke up, and Camille kicked his leg.

He rolled his eyes.

"I was nervous about my performance at work tomorrow- now I have to be worried about my performance here too. I can't have a fucking break" I fumed, then snatched a bottle of water from the table to drink it.

"Why are you worried?" Camille laughed "What's got you so nervous? You're fucking amazing at both of your jobs. Don't sweat it"

"Thanks Cam" I put my water down, as I press my lips "But I think we all know his status is intimating. That, paired with his terrible personality, makes me want to get a house in the middle of the woods so I'd never have to face anyone ever again"

"Laura rela-"

"No one tell me to relax again" I thretened, interrupting Nadia.

She raised her hands up, eyes widen.

"Oh my god I saw him! He's gorgeous!" Gema sequeled, running up to me again.

I didn't even notice she was gone in the first place.

However I could agree. His dark clothes and jacket made for one of a look, and I managed to notice that blonde hair even in between everyone else.

Obviously handsome, but that's what made it worse for my nerves.

"You have to go up to him" she grinned at me.

"I'd rather actually jump in upcoming traffic" I deadpanned.

She let out a heavy sigh as I heard the rest chuckle.

"He's surrounded by a bunch of scary looking dudes and women" I explained "Who wants to get in the middle of that? Why would I even go there to begin with?"

"Do you think they're his friends?" Nadia raised a brow, and I shrugged.

"Honestly I noticed him before you finished the song" Camille spoke up "He seemed to be enjoying the performance. Didn't look away once, if it wasn't to shut his eyes. He even clapped a little"

My eyebrows furrowed at her comment, and she smiled at me.

Before I could even think about it or come up with an answer, I heard my boss yell at me "Laura! Get your ass up on stage now!"

"Yes!" I yelled back, turning around.

I ran up to the side, then walked on stage, mentally preparing myself for the next song.

The crowd hyped up again, and I smiled a little uncomfortably.

I couldn't help but scan the crowd again, curious to see if he was still there.

And .. he was. He hadn't moved from his seat. The men at his table whistled at me, which scared me slightly.

Lynch?

He just sent me a smirk.

And somehow, that was more terrifying.

⋆˚☽。⋆.

Alrighty, nooow we're getting somewhere.

Or are we? Don't know. Could go either way. That's the fun part.

Don't worry, I'm not moving this story too quickly. You'll realize that once you see what happens.

To clear up any possible confusion, when you see ,,, in the middle of a chapter, it signifies the end of a scene and the start of another one in the same pov.

Are you curious for the pov's of the rest of the characters? Let me know. There's some I have yet to introduce to you.

I love Chris Isaak's 'Wicked Game' ,but I placed this version of the song here as to make it easier for you to imagine a woman singing it.

I think she does an amazing job at this song too. It's so beautiful.

I want to make clear that Laura's nothing like the pop girly type of singer that she is irl (even though we do LOVE a pop girly).

She's more of the classic relaxed bar singer. The songs she performs would give more of a Lana Del Ray, or jazz vibe.

And yes, she wears extensions on stage. You didn't read it wrong.

Fun fact: But I think I do self-insert a bit with this powerful couple troupe pattern that you can see in basically all my books. My most ideal romance would be one where we're both equally in power, and I noticed I've done this with Tmats as royals, Tab as celebrities, now Tesoro as managers 😂

What's your ideal troupe?

A photo from one of Laura's photoshoots was realised and I almost screamed when I saw it bc it was so perfect for Tesoro, BUT I ALREADY HAVE A COVER NOW 😭

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter! Next one's gonna be fun, and it'll be even more fun once I get to expand this story further.

I hope we're still very much freaking out about this one:

Literally the loves of my life, thank you. They look so great together 😭 So excited for the future.

Thank you for reading. Comment, vote & follow me. I have a few things to show you (lol).

40 votes and 35 comments required for the next chapter

follow my book's Instagram page for more updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728K 21.3K 62
Highest rank #146 fanfiction/ #312 Romance Ross lynch was always the guy who girls fall inlove with, laura marano was always the girl to come for lov...
566K 12.9K 45
''Alpha Ross Lynch of Black Night pack!'' the man said and everybody looked up the stairs. And there stood the most amazing looking man I have ever s...
476K 8.8K 32
"I'm going to see you again, Laur." Ross says as his eyes close and he falls into a deep dark sleep. A sleep that he might not even wake up from...
60.2K 1.6K 43
I SUGGEST NOT READING THIS I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS TWELVE OR THIRTEEN Laura Marie Marano, a simple yet misunderstood girl who lives in LA, goes to M...