The Red Star and The Gray Gho...

By USS_Stockdale

"The moment we make a choice an alternate universe is born" In a world where there were no sirens to threaten... More

History
Birth of a Legend
Sortie
Day of infamy
Auld Lang Syne
Rescue
The Good and the Bad
Hearts of Iron
Ghost of the Past
Truth of Life
Past Life
Tech and Politics
Haunting Past
Mental Rift
Cloak and Disaster
Presumed Dead
Ghost Warrior
Combined Arms
The First Marker and Secret Service
Reference in mein book
The Two Queens
OUR AGENCY
Broadway
Freedom's Call
Millennium Aurora
Battlestations
Red Christmas
Midway

Recruits

177 4 9
By USS_Stockdale

[REDACTED] HQ Azur Lane

Enty: Oh, Ark Royal, your here. And just in time, I have something I wanted to talk to you about.

Royal: And what would that be?

Enty: I think it's time we expand our network beyond Manjuu informants.

Ark Royal was confused about what Enty had said, so she questioned her further.

Royal: What do you mean by that?

Enty smiled and presented her folders with some specific names on them. Ark Royal was shocked.

Royal: You are planning on bringing them into the fold! And why these shipgirls specifically?

Enty: First off, Belfast is too principled, Warspite is too loyal, Sirius is not here, Dido is too clumsy, and there is something off about Formidable. As for why I chose them, you will find them in the files. Edinburgh, files says here she's been embezzling jewels and gold from the maid corps, but I haven't found out where she puts it yet. Vestal, She doesn't keep her diary locked, so I found some incriminating info about her. Last but not least, scammer cat Akashi.

Ark Royal was shocked at the information she found out about her comrades. She could never imagine Edinburgh stealing from anyone, and just what kind of incriminating information she has on someone as innocent and caring as Vestal.

Royal: I never imagined that Edinburgh could steal from the queen. Of course, I would believe Akashi would do anything for money but Vestal. What's so incriminating you have on Vestal?

Enty: Good question; read the file.

Ark Royal picked up the folder and was shocked at its contents.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Vestal

Occupation: Eagle Union Doctor

Class: ???     Designation: AR-4

Age: ???     Est. Displacement: 12,500 tons     Lenght: 465 ft     Beam: 60 ft     Draft: 26 ft     Speed: 16 knots     

Armament: 3 x single 3 in caliber gun, 2 x Twin 40 mm Bofor guns

Reason for recruitment: USS Vestal is described to be the motherly figure of Azur Lane, which is why she is so desired, as she would have access to information that would've been otherwise private. Despite having little combat experience, her job was to be an informant rather than a spy or soldier. Having an asset like this is most desired, which is why it was a relief to find some dirt on the supposed mother figure of Eagle Union and caretaker of Enterprise. She has never locked her diary due to the shipgirls respecting her privacy which enabled us to get easy information without having to pick a lock or eavesdrop on conversations for information. Highlighted quotes such as "I hate Enterprise so much for stacking up my work," "If I could, I would beat the crap out of her," and "That one time when she got damaged to the point that it was a miracle she's still alive brought me... Satisfaction" to name a few.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal: I have no words.

Enty: Sometimes, the kindest of us have the darkest secrets.

Royal: Hand me the next file.

Enty: Here you go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Akashi

Occupation: Business Cat

Class: ??? Ship Designation: ???

Age: ??? Est. Displacement: 9,000-10,500 tons     Lenght: 520 ft Beam: 67 ft Draft: 20 ft Speed: 19.2 knots

Armament: 4 x 127 mm Type 89 AA guns 12 x Type 96 AA guns

Reasons for recruitment: Akashi is probably the most distrustful agent you can have. You cannot rely on her on the battlefield nor gain her loyalty as she is driven by the cancer that is capitalism. despite that, her ability to forge papers and cover the tracks of wherever she got her materials is a desired trait for being a dead drop manager. (It is unlikely that befriending her will guarantee you a discount)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal: Ok, I can understand Akashi a bit.

Enty: She is a stoned cold capitalist. If it were up to me, she should be executed by firing squad.

Royal: That's easy; if she no longer serves her purpose, we can just toss her to the Sakura Empire and let them do the rest.

Enty: Great idea!

Royal: The moment of truth.

Enty hands Ark Royal a file of what she found out about Edinburgh.

Enty: It might not be what you expect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Edinburgh

Occupation: Royal Navy maid

Class: Town-class light cruiser     Ship Designation: 16

Age: ??? Est. Displacement: 13,175 tons     Lenght: 613 ft     Beam: 64.9 ft     Draft: 22.6 ft     Speed: 32 knots

Armament: 12 x BL 6 in naval guns 12 x QF 4 in guns (Two octuple mounts QF 2 pounder AA guns) 8 x 0.5 in Vickers machine guns 6 x 21 in torpedo tubes

Reasons for recruitment: She is considered one of the clumsiest and forgetful out of all the maids in the maid corp, rivaling only Dido. Despite that, she is incredibly intelligent, and when she is doing work, she can be a great administrator and financier due to her close affinity with the maid corps; with enough training, she can rival even Belfast. Of course, she is loyal to the maid corp, which is why incriminating info was needed to bring her into the fold. It was difficult to gain any incriminating information on her because she always covers her tracks. But I got lucky when I found out she has a certain obsession with shiny things, so she embezzles a few gold and jewels from the Royal Navy to satisfy her obsession.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Royal: If you have all of this information. Then why the additional spies?

Enty: Do you realize you are spouting anti-communist rhetoric?

Royal: No, I-i mean, I'm just surprised.

Enty: A general can kill one man. An army can conquer nations.

Royal: I see.... But I never knew you had this much info on the others.

Enty: Information is power. You can control how they act, feel, and fight. Bring one of them to [REDACTED]. And we will recruit them.

Royal: And if they refuse?

Enty: We hold them captive but make sure they will not tell anybody once they are released.

Akashi's Store, Azur Lane

A little cat with green hair is standing behind a counter as Long Island is trying to haggle for the model of a Yorktown class carrier she wanted to buy.

Long Island: C'mon, can't you sell it for 500 gems?

Akashi: Sorry, no discounts.

Long Island: Hmph! Here, take your 1000 gems!

Akashi: Pleasure doing business with you.

Ark Royal passes by Long Island, who stomps away with her model kit. Ark Royal enters the shop to find Akashi counting her gems strewn all over the floor.

Akashi: How rude!

Ark Royal walks over to Akashi, who immediately screams.

Akashi: Ahhhhhh!!! Please don't rape me!

Royal: Relax, I'm not going to do anything to you.

Akashi: Why should I believe you?

Ark Royal pulls out 5000 gems from her pocket and gives them to Akashi with stars in her eyes.

Royal: Consider this as an advance payment for the work you're going to do for us.

Akashi: Depends on what kind of work.

Royals: I can't discuss the details but go to this location where you will be briefed.

Akashi: DEAL!!!

Akashi shakes Ark Royal's hand enthusiastically 

Royal: Before I forget, if you tell this to anyone, we will throw you back to the Sakura Empire, where they will execute you.

Akashi: Y-yes.

Azur Lane infirmary

Vestal: Take care of yourself next time.

Cleveland: I will, thanks, Vestal.

*ding*

Vestal: Ah, Ark Royal, what are you doing here?

Royal: I need to speak with you, in private.

Vestal: But of course. Cleveland, can you wait outside?

Cleveland: Sure, Vestal.

*slam*

Vestal: So what is it you need?

Royal: I'm going to be straightforward with you. We need you to act as a spy.

Vestal: I'm sorry, but did you just say s-spy...?

Royal: Yes, you will provide us with information on the shipgirls here. You will be briefed further in this location.

Vestal: WAIT!!! I will not violate my oath to doctor and patient confidentiality.

Royal: I knew you would say that. But I have to say.... What can you say about Enterprise?

Vestal: Why she's a very brave an-

Ark Royal stops her.

Royal: That's not what your diary said.

Vestal felt her whole world suddenly go silent as Ark Royal told her her darkest secret.

Vestal: How.... Did you.... Know...?

Royal: Doesn't matter, what matters is what if I tell Cleveland right now what was in your diary? Just how would they view you now?

Vestal: Fine, I will work as your informant.

Royal: Very good!

Azur Lane (MCQ)

Belfast: Edinburgh! Where did you put the keys?

Edinburgh: I uhhhhh....

Belfast: You left them in the kitchen.

Edinburgh: Sorry that I forgot where I put the keys again.

Belfast: This just can't keep happening. You have to get your act straight.

Edinburgh: I will....

Belfast walks out of the room.

Edinburgh: Is that how a little sister should act!?

Edinburgh kicks around the office frustrated. But she stops when Ark Royal comes in.

Royal: Edinburgh?

Edinburgh: Waaahhh!!!

Edinburgh slips dropping her eyeglasses, but Ark Royal hands them back to her.

Edinburgh: You scared me.

Royal: Sorry.

Edinburgh: Anyway, what is it do you want?

Royal: I.... Have some work for you.

Edinburgh: Hmmm....

Royal: One that will involve a lot of gold.

Edinburgh is a bit intrigued at Ark Royal's proposal so she prodded her for more information.

Edinburgh: And why do you need me?

Royal: We need a financier and someone who can provide us with financial records.

Edinburgh: Are you crazy!? Why would I betray Queen by spying on my comrades?

Royal: But you have betrayed her already by embezzling gold from the maid corps.

Edinburgh was now visibly panicking.

Edinburgh: Please don't tell them. I would be executed.

Royal: Then work for us.

Edinburgh: Fine.... Will I get paid? I mean, this is a hard job.

Royal: You will be well paid, I can promise you that.

Edinburgh: At least I'm getting something out of this

Royal: One last thing. Once you get there present them with this emblem.

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 212 15
Well here it is Description:Me and Meilili, travellers of the multiverseuniverse end up in a Star wars AU and face off.(The spark that started it all...
3.4K 87 115
(Azur Lane X Girls frontline X The Division X World of Warships) "I'll only say it once and once only, I am the only one who can stop this madness bu...
4.4K 70 14
Feb/14/2026 - The Human-siren War has Gone for 2 Decades Now, It Finally Ended with Sirens Pushing the Humans of the Waters and Lands. and the Ship-H...
18.5K 491 40
When the repeated cycles of time traveling conducted by the siren causes an unforeseen event that birthed a new timeline, one that truly went off cou...