The Burning Truth-Peace

Af Elisedeluxe

Water, earth, fire, air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when... Mere

Prologue~Air Bending Master Fujimora
Part 1~Fire Prince
Part 2~Think this Through
Part 3~The Test
Part 4~Zhao
Part 5~Challenge
Part 6~Coward
Part 7~Burning
Part 8~Spies
Part 9~Destiny
Part 10~Avatar
Part 11~Bison
Part 12~Pickle
Part 13~Unagi
Part 14~Kyoshi
Part 15~Suki
Part 16~Cave
Part 17~Hajime
Part 18~Katara
Part 19~Noticeable
Part 20~Cabbages
Part 21~Leaf
Part 22~Suprise
Part 23~Bumi
Part 24~Sun Warriors
Part 25~Dragon
Part 26~Fuzzy
Part 27~Haru
Part 28~Tyro
Part 29~Coal
Part 30~Scar
Part 31~Fang
Part 32~Roku
Part 33~Shyu
Part 34~Himari
Part 35~Pirates
Part 36~Oh
Part 37~Jet
Part 38~Prejudice
Part 39~Sides
Part 40~Dam
Part 41~Compromise
Part 42~Zhang
Part 43~Gan Jin
Part 44~Five Years
Part 45~Herbalist
Part 46~Blue Spirit
Part 47~Calm Man
Part 48~Wu
Part 49~Bato
Part 50~Ice Dodging
Part 51~June
Part 52~Healing Water
Part 53~Teo
Part 54~Spirit
Part 55~Qin
Part 56~Genius
Part 57~Arnook
Part 58~Pakku
Part 59~Yue
Part 60~Battle
Part 61~Fireball
Part 62~Koi
Part 63~Moon
Part 65~Tui
Epilogue~Peace
What To Read Next

Part 64~Koh

13 1 0
Af Elisedeluxe

Stepping down the path, Zuko looked at the giant tree. Creepy noises echoed from the cave in the tree, making Zuko pause. He didn't want to go in there.

Glancing to his left, Zuko sighed, spotting the source of the sound. "You're just a curly-tailed blue nose." He smiled as the monkey turned its head, making Zuko jump back. That thing had no face. Stumbling back, Zuko was caught by Isu who pushed him back onto his feet.

"Yeah, good luck."

"You're not coming in with me?!"

"Have you met me? I can't keep a straight face at all. I ain't even straight!"

"I'm not straight either, does that mean I don't have to go in?!"

Isu paused snorting. "Nope. Good luck, and remember, no emotion! That includes anger!"

Zuko gulped, taking a deep breath and forcing his face calm. "Hello? I'm looking for the great spirit Koh."

Shifting, the root began to move. Zuko spun around, shivering as he failed to see what had moved. Forming behind Zuko, the white face appeared, grey patches around its eyes and deep blood-red lips.

Grinning, Koh drew closer to Zuko, the centipede-like body arcing around Zuko and stopping his face just in front of the poor avatar. "Welcome!"

Zuko continued to stare into the distance, his face straight. "Thank you." Zuko bowed, silently replaying what Isu had told him in his head.

"My old friend, the avatar. It's been a long time."

"You know me?"

"How could I forget you?" Koh's face changed, becoming a mad-looking, middle-aged man with thick eyebrows and a long moustache and beard. "One of your previous incarnations tried to slay me! Nearly eight or nine hundred years ago."

"I didn't know that. Why did he or I try to kill you?"

Koh changed again, becoming the face of Ummi, scared and sad. "Oh, it was something about stealing the face of someone you loved." Koh's face changed, becoming a mad baboon, laughing loudly as Zuko continued to remain blank. "Of course, that's all behind us. Why should I hold a grudge against you for something in a past life? After all, you're a different person now. You've come to me with a new face."

Zuko closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, unknowing that in the physical world, Yue, Katara and Sokka were closing in on Hajime.

"It's been a long time since I've added a child's face to my collection." Koh became an owl as he surrounded Zuko who fought back the urge to say he wasn't a child. "So, how may I help you?"

"I need to find the moon and the ocean."

"Their spirit names are Tui and La, push and pull. And that has been the nature of their relationship for all time."

"Please. Help me find them. An entire culture could be destroyed if I don't get their help."

"Oh, you think you need their help." Koh chuckled, backing up slightly. "Actually, it's quite the other way round." Koh charged at Zuko, stopping just short of the young avatar with an angry, ogre-like face. Zuko didn't even flinch. "Someone's going to kill them."

"What do you mean? How can I find them and protect them?"

"You've already met them, actually. Tui and La, your moon and ocean, have always circled each other in an eternal dance. They balance each other, push and pull, life and death, good and evil, yin and yang."

Zuko shifted his eyes for a second, a tiny flash of confusion on his face before he forced himself neutral again. "I better be going."

Turning into a bald, young man, Koh grinned. "We'll meet again." Koh recedes into the shadows as Zuko left the cave.

"Did you find out who they are?" Isu jumped down as Zuko shrugged.

"Kind of." He repeated back to Isu what Koh had told him, her eyes widening.

"The koi fish! Come on, I know where we have to go!" Whistling, Isu grinned as the giant pink lion appeared before them. "Let's go, Phephe!"

Zuko screamed as Phephe jumped up, running through the air.

~~~

"Well, that's not good." Isu looked around, dismounting from Phephe's side. "Where are our bodies?"

Zuko gulped looking around. "Look!" He forced Isu to look at the cave, seeing the animals.

"They must have been forced to leave on Pickle and Corno. If we can find the bison, we can find them. Can you help me, Phephe?"

Phephe shook their head sadly, stepping back.

"Okay. Time for you to go home. Thank you for all your help." Phephe faded as Isu looked up. "Guess we're doing this the hard way." Falling to the ground, Isu closed her eyes. Zuko tilted his head, about to ask when Isu jumped up. "I've found them."

"How?"

"I can sense Hachi. Well, I can sense anyone with enough practice but I used to do it with Hachi all the time so I knew when to sneak out." Isu paused, fidgeting.

"What's wrong? Is he okay?!"

"He's fine, as far as I can tell but... He's not alone. Hajime is there." Zuko gulped as Isu grabbed him. "Let's go before it's too late."

Flying over the cave, Isu led Zuko back, finding their bodies. Zuko gaped. "Impressive."

"I know." Isu closed her eyes, fading from the spirit world and returning to her body. Zuko paused before doing the same.

"Welcome back." Hajime glared at Isu as she opened her eyes.

Hachi shot up, staring at Isu before looking at Zuko. "Zuko?"

Zuko blinked, smiling sheepishly. "I'm back." Zuko sighed, shuffling and leaning against Hachi's shoulder. "Though I'm never doing that again."

Isu snorted, leaning back against the wall. "Come on, it wasn't so bad."

"You didn't have to face, Koh the face stealer. You just got to spend time outside having fun." Zuko gave Isu a half-hearted glare, receiving a mischievous smile back.

"Well, I couldn't risk losing this pretty face, now could we?"

Zuko rolled his eyes fondly as Hachi looked between them. "You left Zuko alone?" Isu opened her mouth as Hachi glared at her, cutting her off. "I can't believe you. I thought you were meant to be protecting him and you left him! What if something had happened?!"

Isu lowered her head, turning away. "You should have more faith in Zuko. He can handle himself and he knew what he was doing."

"I can't deal with you right now." Hachi turned away, glaring at the wall as Zuko sighed. He gently leaned forward, lying his head on Hachi's shoulder.

Fidgeting, Hajime glanced between the two groups, gently shuffling towards Isu. "I don't think you're a bad spiritual leader."

Isu raised her eyebrow, rolling her eyes. "Right. That means so much coming from you."

"I'm serious. Do you remember that spirit that used to hang around you? The little dragon bird?"

"Tori? Yeah, I remember her. I didn't know you could see spirits."

Hajime jolted, scratching the back of his neck. "Well, only a few. I have this one that follows me around sometimes."

"Huh. Who would have guessed? I would love to meet them. Are they how you beat Hachi and Katara?"

Hajime shook his head. "No. When I've been down here, I've realised I'm a terrible Airbender so I've been practising more. Spot's been training me."

"Your bison?"

"He's a good trainer!"

Laughing, Isu tried to hide her face in her shoulder.

"Don't laugh at me."

"Sorry, sorry, I'm not laughing." Isu was laughing. "You know, for someone chasing us and working for the fire nation, you're not that bad."

Hajime's shoulders fell as he sighed. "I'm not giving you over to the fire nation."

"You're not?"

"No. I'm taking you home. Your father awaits your return."

Isu's eyes widened as she gaped. "Dad sent you after us?" Isu grew uncomfortable, pushing herself forward. "You can't take us to him! We have so much we need to do! You've seen what it's like down here!"

"I don't care. I have a mission, I have to finish." Hajime lowered his voice as Isu bit her lip.

"I don't think you're a bad person. I don't think you want people to suffer. I don't think you want the spirits to suffer."

"What?"

"The spirits are in danger. Please Haji, just let us go. We can help you and them."

Hajime didn't answer.

"Give up, Isu." Hachi glared from his place across the cave. "He's not going to listen to you."

Isu shook her head, giving Hajime a begging expression as he hesitantly reached out. His fingers twitched as they grazed over the knot, about to free her when he was blasted from Isu's side.

Isu spun around in shock, staring at Katara. "Katara!"Katara grinned, sliding off Corno's back and tackling Isu into a hug, untying her as Yue and Sokka did the same for the boys. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine but I had the situation handled. He was about to let me go."

"You're delusional," Hachi spat, still glaring at Isu.

"It doesn't matter," Zuko interrupted, "we need to get to the oasis; the spirits are in trouble!" Sharing a look, the others rushed onto Corno and Pickle's backs as Isu hesitated.

"We can't just leave him here!" Without waiting for a response, Isu grabbed Hajime, throwing him onto Corno's back.

"Yeah, this makes a lot of sense. Let's bring the guy who's constantly trying to kill us." Sokka gave Hajime a sour look as Isu rolled her eyes, throwing the rope at him.

"Then tie him up. He's coming. He's our cousin and we are not leaving him to die. This is not negotiable." Isu sat on Corno's head, pulling her into the sky. "Besides, we don't have time to wait."

Hachi sighed before following Isu, taking off into the sky in search of the spirits. 

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

24.4K 670 12
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avata...
9.5K 342 16
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...
6.6K 351 9
➤𝘛𝘰𝘱𝘩 𝘉𝘦𝘪𝘧𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘹 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 (𝘯.) 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘤𝘩�...
12.4K 570 24
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked, completely er...