Unmatched Hatred

By hogwarts_student88

It was Draco Malfoy. It was the boy whose face always crossed my mind even at the most inconvenient times. Dr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
The End

Chapter 19

228 2 5
By hogwarts_student88

The month of July seemed to roll just around the corner and the warm, summer air had recently begun to settle in. The rest of the school year had just zoomed past so swiftly. Time had just so easily slipped through my fingers and I would never be able to reverse it.

It was honestly such a quick yet depressing day for me. I was spending my last moments with my friends in the train compartment. I did my absolute best to cherish every single second I spent with Harry, knowing I would not see my boyfriend until September 1st. We each promised we would write letters back-and-forth to one another for the entirety of the summer.

I had never envied Hermione's time turner until now. I did not want school to be over. I wanted to go back in time and relive all of those moments when Harry and I were together. I wanted to repeat the happy moments when we would laugh together and even the sad moments when he would comfort me. No matter the time or atmosphere, I was okay with Harry. Simply okay. "Okay" meaning that I never have to worry about anything. I can be at peace when I am around him.

Well during the whole train ride back to Kings Cross, I kept being reminded that I was only getting closer and closer to having to leave my friends and having to live at Malfoy Manor. The subtle thought of having to live within the walls of Malfoy Manor was still not all that pleasant to me, simply because I was not fond of Malfoy. However, it's not like it will be hard to avoid him. After all, his house is a massive mansion. Still, I felt quite anxious. I normally felt this way when returning to my house. Now I was not going home. For that I was grateful, really. I'm still determined to remain hopeful though my entire life has just been flipped a little sideways. I'm rather familiar with Malfoy Manor, though permanently living there was most definitely something I was going to have to adapt to.

I suspected Kasper was a bit nervous as well, as most people are when they are forced into a new living environment. However Kasper did tell me he did not wish for a place to live but instead for a place to call home. I truly felt the same way.

When the train finally came to a complete stop, I felt a painful knot forming in my chest. I knew it was time to say goodbye for a while.

Before parting ways with Kasper, I gave Harry the tightest and longest hug ever. I knew it would be a long time before I could be held in an arms again. I continued to soak in the feeling of Harry's body against mine and the way his breath felt against my neck. And though I didn't want to, I was the first one to break the almost never-ending embrace only because I knew Kasper was standing outside the door, waiting for me.

"I love you," I whispered gently. I wanted the last words Harry heard from me for a good while to be memorable.

"I love you too."

I kissed him on the cheek before walking out of the train compartment and leaving with Kasper. As I was walking away, I never looked back to see Harry one last time. I knew it would only hurt me even more. It hurt me just to depart from him. I felt the urge to cry little but I certainly was not going to in the middle of the busy King's Cross.

It's only two months, Holly.

Yeah, possibly the two longest months of my life.

The noise and the busy chaos happening around me seemed to be more overwhelming to me than usual. My head hurt dreadfully and my chest felt tight. Every thing in me wanted to go back to Harry, but I knew doing such a thing was impossible in my current state. I just prayed Harry was going to be alright during the summer at his aunt's and uncles house.

And I prayed I would get to return to him soon.

"Watch for Narcissa," Kasper told me, "She is going to be taking us to the house with her."

I nodded my head and forced a weak smile upon my features. However, instead of searching for Narcissa, I completely zoned out and wondered where Harry was in the world right now.

"Hello Holly! Greetings Kasper!" said an overly excited and content Narcissa.

I immediately snapped out of my trance and turned my attention to Narcissa, who was standing next to the dreaded Draco Malfoy.

"Hi," I replied politely. Kasper was too shy to speak and instead gave the polite gesture of a small wave.

"How are you guys?" she asked considerably.

"Doing well. Thank you for asking," I smiled gratefully.

"I'm very well pleased to know that. Now please-."

She delicately held out her hand.

"Take my hand. We shall apparate home."

Home.

All I've ever wanted was a place to call home.
————————————————————————

Malfoy Manor appeared to be much larger than I had remembered. The four of us crossed over the extensive, stone pathway which had perfectly trimmed shrubby aligned on each side. I just remembered marveling over the towering and sturdy Malfoy Manor, which had stood for many years. Narcissa walked with her hands behind her back as she led the way to the front door. Her manner of doing things was sophisticated, as well as her way of speaking. She even held upright posture as she walked.

"Welcome to our home," said Narcissa as she respectfully sent off a house elf working in the yard with the wave of her hand, "I will give you some time to settle in. Dinner will be ready in a couple of hours. I ask that you make yourself at home. Oh! And Draco, darling, if you don't mind, please show Holly and Kasper to their rooms."

Narcissa didn't have to open the two large front doors or even knock. They simply opened on their own as we all stepped forward. Narcissa then silently trudged away, her heels clattering against the hardwood flooring.

When we first stepped inside, I took note of the few house elf's who were cleaning up around the house. They were obviously doing their job right because the house looked spotless.

Though it happened to be broad daylight outside, the inside of the was quite gloomy and shunned from natural lighting. However, Malfoy Manor had always been described as mysterious yet embellished in elegance. Large, flowy curtains hung from every window. Fancy chandeliers hung from the massive ceilings. Large flower vases and decorative tables were scattered abroad the almost never ending hallways. So even though the colors black, gray, and forest green seemed to cover every inch of the mansion, Malfoy Manor was still a remarkable place and made you feel as if you living in your very own fairytale.

I remember coming to visit Malfoy Manor as a kid. I always used to pretend that this place was my castle and that I was the queen. Malfoy always played as the king and together we fought to protect our kingdom- side by side.

I possessed several memories within these walls. I was certain to make more, though they may not be as memorable.

"Just follow me," said Malfoy with a hint of annoyance that his mother asked him to help us find our new rooms.

In silence, Kasper and I followed Malfoy across a few hallways and up a winding spiral staircase.

"Here you go," said Malfoy, motioning his hands to the two wooden doors which stood directly across from one another.

"Which room is whose?" I called out to him before he fully trailed away.

"Just figure it out," he murmured to himself just loud enough for me to hear.

"Look Draco," Kasper spoke up and Malfoy turned around to meet his eyes, "We are going to be here for two months. We all might as well get along."

To this, Malfoy would not respond. Maybe the thought of me and Kasper living with him angered him or perhaps the words "get along" simply were not going to work with him.

"Enjoy your stay," Malfoy said with the quick raise of his eyebrows. He clearly didn't mean his words.

Gladly.

"Gladly," Kasper uttered under his breath when Malfoy was no longer within earshot.

Did Kasper just read my mind?

"I swear that boy boils my blood," I said angrily.

"Just figure it out," Kasper mocked Malfoy's exact words, "Who does he think he is?"

"Who even knows?" I laughed.

"Well," I added on, "I'm going to take a wild guess and say that this is my room."

I reached for the door knob of the door closest to me.

Inside the room was my original bed from my house. The massive bedroom in which I stood made my bed appear so small. There were of course many other pieces of furniture. There was a wide vanity, a towering bookcase, a huge dresser, and a wide-reaching desk, however, the bed was the only piece of furniture which came from my old room.

All my belongings were packed into boxes and lay scattered all over the area. With all my stuff laying in random places, the room appeared a complete mess. I wondered how they had packed everything from my bedroom and brought it all to Malfoy Manor. I also wondered what happened to the rest of the stuff that was at the house.

I caught sight of Kasper standing in the door way to which I assumed was his room, his back facing me. I slowly ambled towards Kasper and stood right behind him, softly placing my hand on his shoulder. His room looked just about the same. Boxes were stacked up on each other and were left for him to unpack.

"Do you need me to help you?" I suggested.

"Maybe later, but you go work on your room until supper. I can manage on my own for now."

I did as Kasper suggested and started to put clothes, books, records, shoes, and all other things and possessions of mine where they belonged. I got a considerable amount of unpacking done in a little over an hour, however, the mess was stressing me out and I kept taking long breaks in between decorating and setting up my new bedroom. I did absolutely love how much space my new bedroom contained. I had my own master bathroom and the most spacious closet I have ever seen! It was a girl's dream come true!

A few moments later, I hear Kasper calling my name.

"Holly! Narcissa said the food is ready!"

"Coming!" I called back as I hurriedly rushed to catch up with Kasper, my dear and beloved cousin.

I was proud to call him family.
————————————————————————

In the ginormous and spacious dining room, Lucius, Narcissa, Kasper, Malfoy, and I were seated at the extensive, oak wood table and devouring our meal. Two, decently large chandeliers hung from the tall ceiling and I could hear the crackling of the fireplace from behind me. A dark green, decorative table cloth that was just as long as the table laid over the wooden surface. Multiple flower arrangements also decorated the surface of the table.

At first, it was a bit awkward and quiet, however, Narcissa attempted to break the silence.

"So, how was school for everyone this year?"

Oh trust me. You don't want to know.

Kasper and I shared a knowing glance between one another.

"It was great," I practically lied.

Definitely was not the best year but maybe not the worst.

"Spectacular," said Malfoy before stuffing garlic bread into his mouth.

I knew for a fact he didn't mean that.

"Kasper?" asked Narcissa politely.

I'm sure Narcissa had no idea.

"It was great... as Holly said," Kasper replied respectfully.

"Well I'm delighted," said Narcissa with a warm smile.

If anything, this year had to be the worst for Kasper. He had been ordered to become a death eater by his parents and the thought of it drived him to the point of depression. He suffered throughout the entire time at school.

At least now he no longer was being forced to receive the mark. He could go to bed at night knowing he was free from You-Know-Who's grip on him.

Lucius suddenly cleared his throat.

" Kasper and Holly, after supper me and Narcissa must discuss something with you."

I nodded my head and made nervous eye contact with Kasper.

We were both thinking the same thing...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427 16 6
draco malfoy x oc! emotions have been under wraps and patched up like leaks for as long as he can remember. emotions were not even there, but lost i...
973K 9.7K 37
he kissed her like his life depended on it. and it did. draco wondered if she knew- wondered if she'd still choose him. *currently in serious revis...
307K 6.8K 66
jordan jones was never one for romance, and she wasn't about to open herself up for the possiblity of getting hurt either. draco malfoy was the face...
2.2K 44 75
Family is the most important thing in the world until it's not. Fighting along side them until you're fighting against them. Is it truly love if we d...