The Billionaire's Love Conque...

Від MsDreamerGirl84

Warning: Contains some mature scenes. (Highest Rating: #34) Excerpt: "Look, I know we had a bad s... Більше

WARNING!!!
Disclaimer
Prologue
Chapter 1: Barcelona
Chapter 2: The Ball
Chapter 3: The First Day
Chapter 4: The Sports Fest
Chapter 5: Other Side of Me
Chapter 6: His Family
Chapter 7: The Race
Chapter 8: The Surprise Revelation
Chapter 9: The War
Chapter 10: Boyfriend
Chapter 11: Jealousy
Chapter 12: Rage
Chapter 13: Moment of Truth
Chapter 14: The CEO
Chapter 15: Plan
Chapter 16: Hot
Chapter 17: Stubborn
Chapter 18: Moving
Chapter 19: Work
Chapter 20: The Devil
Chapter 21: The Past
Chapter 22: Bar Hopping
Chapter 23: Game
Chapter 24: Giving Up
Chapter 25: Wedding
Chapter 26: Hot and Cold
Chapter 27: New Look And New Her
Chapter 28: Crashing Hearts
Chapter 29: True Love Has its ways
Chapter 30: Love Under One Roof
Chapter 32: One True Love
Epilogue

Chapter 31: Silent Proposal

66.1K 2.1K 29
Від MsDreamerGirl84

"You are mistaken, Mr. Darcy, if you suppose that the mode of your declaration affected me in any other way ,than as it spared the concern which I might have felt in refusing you, had you behaved in a more gentlemanlike manner." (Elizabeth Bennett)" ― Jane Austen

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

.................................................

ALEX POV

Penthouse, Renaissance Hotel

5 months after...

The inauguration of the Morrison Engineering and Infrastructure Firm which was previously known as Clinston Eng. and Infrastructure Firm, was made earlier than expected. Since Nikki and I moved to a new place, she didn't want me to drive her and she's always cold to me. I don't understand. I thought we were good when we left the hospital, but she was acting strangely after a week.

"Where is Nikki, Judy?"

"She's still sleeping, Alex."

"I can wake her up if you want?"

"No, no. It's alright. She needed sleep."

It's always the same conversation in the morning. She doesn't wanna eat with me for breakfast or in any meal.

"Did Nikki had her dinner?"

"Yes. She said she can't wait for you, she's starving."

I knew she's avoiding me. I was really mad. So I spend my weekend in New York working on the renovation of the old CEIF building and working with Clinston lawyer to finish the transfer and for the changes of the name.

As my eyes scanned the crowd inside the lobby of the building, that was pack with businessman and Board of Directors of the company, I just realized, there's nothing compared when I'm with her.

I sighed. I knew I needed to give her space, but I think, I've given her too much space now.

Again, my eyes roamed around the room. I met these guys a few months ago and even made a background check on each. I had paid someone to do it for me. Three didn't meet my standard. It seems that their lifestyle is more than what they are earning monthly. So I fired them and replaced with someone from my office for the meantime while looking for a qualified and trusted managers.

I remember their surprise look when I introduced myself and told them what I expect from them and what they expect from me. I knew I was very cold when it comes to dealing with my partners or employees. I like to get straight to the point and know that I hate ineffective employees and no devotion to their job.

When I saw the fear in their eyes I got satisfied. That is what I want from them. 

Fear me!

The press was swarming around trying to get an information about the opening of the new MEIF and the newly renovated headquarters.

Diana Wilson, Clinston lawyer was standing beside me after the opening speech I made and now all the people were gathered for the food and wine, a little entertainment my secretary Alana prepared.

"This is a success!" Diana flutters her lashes at me, I cringed inwardly, but I held the urge to roll my eyes at her and yank my hand off her hold.

Diana Smith had been flirting with me since we first met. She deliberately wears mini skirts and shirt with three buttoned opened showing her big full breast, trying to tempt me to sleep with her. I knew those simple act. She's beautiful and sexy blonde but I always wanted only one.

She even surprised me one day to my office. She flew to Barcelona telling me she had a business to deal there but I knew it was just one of her alibis.

I remember when she showed up in my office, apparently for no reason, I knew she's up to no good. There, she just suddenly sat on top of my desk and lift one leg giving me a good view of her sexy toned legs. I almost lost myself control. I don't know how long I have been laid and never had a good sex since Nikki, but often times, Nikki's face and naked body pops up in my head, still fresh and tattooed in my head. After that lovemaking, it seems that my appetite has lost, and I only crave one, Nikki.

She was too persistent. Although I was grateful for her sneakiness that she made the old Clinston agreed in changing the name of his company with my name. I asked him that before but he made an agreement with me, giving the company in the price I can offer but with the agreement of not changing the name with mine. I was so desperate to have the company so I agreed. Thank God, Diana was so smart and I don't know how did she manage to make him signed the agreement, agreeing to the changes of the name.

I was so happy.

Diana was holding my hand as we walked to a group. I sense a flash of a camera in our direction but I ignored it. My whole system was reeling at the thought of just only one person. Nikki!

I can't wait to go home.

I'm going home and proposed to her. I've been here for a week now. And I really missed her so much. This is the longest I've gone here in New York. Usually, I leave Friday night and stayed here on the weekends pressing my workers to finished the renovation even paying them more than I allocated for the renovations and watch them. Instructing them what they need to do. I had to fire the other workers when I saw them talking instead of working. And the next day I hired another company to do it, even it means of spending more.

I was so pissed with the thought that Nikki and I were living under the same roof but I seldom see her because she is avoiding me and even during meals she never wanted to eat with me. I stayed at home working with the thought of spending more time with her patching up what I have missed and trying to heal the wound I had created from the past, but for some reasons she was driving me away. She doesn't even want me to drive her anywhere she wants to go. I had to give one of my bodyguard Clemente. He's her bodyguard and driver. I was reluctant at first but Clemente was good at his job and I trust him. Clemente was handsome and had a good body built. I hope he will keep his hands off her. I don't know what I'm gonna do with him if I found him flirting with Nikki. I'll probably kill him with my bare hands.

I even tried to give her chocolates and flowers almost every day. I asked Alana to look for the best florist in town to send flowers to her every day. Our place was filled with different hues of roses. It looks like a garden inside the penthouse. She just thanked me, but the situation was never changed. She's still as cold as the blazing snowstorm.

I thought it's not worth to insist and argue with her since she wasn't feeling well the past months. I was worried sick and I insist on accompanying her to the doctor one day and found out that she had all this bad morning sickness. Her OB suggested me not to stress her out. So after that check-up, I decided to give her space she wanted, for now. I felt I was stressing her out. I decided to work in my office. I left early in the morning and comes home late at night. In the weekend, I'm here in New York and back on Monday.

"So are you leaving tonight?" I heard Diana asked me, with her hand still clinging to my arm.

"Yeah!" I replied curtly not bothering to look at her as I casually pulled away my hand from her hold. I was watching the other people as they made their appreciations with how the building was turned into. I felt so proud of myself.

I saw Rodrigo and Alana at the entrance door. Rodrigo was looking so serious and scary with his Bluetooth in his ear, looking like one of those MIB's. Alana was looking so proud of herself as she looked at the happy faces of our guest. I knew she outdid herself again. And, I would be knocking my head out now looking for a replacement for her. I almost fired her. I remember I fired five people in just one day after I got pissed when Nikki left without telling me. She went to see Mara and she came home already late at night. I called everyone and all of them have no idea where she is. Mara lied as well, she said she's not there and never talked to her. I was so scared, I guess that day was one hellish in all of my days. I waited for her and even fell asleep on the couch when I heard them and Clemente laughing in the hallway and Clemente dropped her on the door. The two looks very close, it made me really angry but I really tried hard to suppressed it.

She was surprised to see me still up and standing a few meters from the door looking at her impassively. She doesn't seem to care. She just asked me why I'm still up casually which made my temper flared up rapidly but I kept in mind I can't stress her. She looks happy so I don't want to ruin it even my chest is about to explode. I was so jealous that she can be as happy as she is now with her bodyguard and she was never like that in my company.

I didn't say anything, just knowing she's home safe. I turned on my heel and strode hastily to my room and she headed upstairs to her bedroom. I felt my heart was twisted and stabbed million times with a sharp knife. I had to leave her while I can control my temper or I would have done something I will regret for the rest of my life. I was fuming that I didn't see her sad and longing eyes watching me as I headed to my room.

The next day, I was fuming and brooding. And that day I fired two from the HR, one from IT I believe and I don't know the other two of which department. Alana was almost. My whole office was a mess. Pens and folders are on the floor scattered. I was so pissed.

It's been two months after that. Yesterday, I went to the best jewelry store and found a beautiful three-carat diamond ring. I hope she will say yes. I wanted to end this miserable life I'm enduring every day. I felt so empty and all these achievements I acquired was nothing.

I'll be home soon Nikki and I will fix and end this ridiculous arrangement between us.

*****

NIKKI POV

I was on the balcony watching the kids and people walking in the huge park as I was sipping my decaffeinated tea. I missed my coffee but I ran out of decaffeinated one.

It's been a week and he hadn't come home. I thought everything will be fine and he changed but he's still the womanizer bastard. I remember that day when I came to visit him after a week in the house, I got bored so I thought to surprise him in the office. Alana was reluctant to let me in but I ignored her. I thought she's scared that Alex will fire her. I reassure her that she won't get fired. I was smiling like a fool as an image of his handsome face flashed through my head all the while twisting the doorknob slowly and quietly, and pushed it open. But, the picture in front of me, surprised me. A blonde lady in mini skirt sitting on his table with one leg up showing almost her undies.

Alex was standing, his back to the door so he didn't see me, the blonde girl was very focused on seducing him or maybe teasing him. I don't know what happened next as I closed the door quietly, ignoring the hurt that suddenly wipes the happiness over.

I felt the tears prickled under my eyelids and blinked them away. I tried to hold back the tears but to no avail. I saw Alana frantically approach me with her eyes held worries.

"Just please don't tell him I came here. Will you promise me, Alana?" I beg.

"Yes, I promise" she nodded her head in agreement. "Don't be sad, Nikki. It's not good for the baby," Alana smiled trying to cheer me up. "Do you want me to walk you to your car?" Alana asked. I thought it would be a good idea because I'm shaking and my legs are shaking as well, but we heard Alex angry voice calling Alana in.

"I'm sorry, Nikki. I had to see him or I'm fired." Alana looked at me apologetically.

"Go ahead. I understand. Thanks for the concern, Alana. Let me know if he fires you. I will beat that asshole," I smiled. I'll even kill him! Alana chuckled and hug me again before she headed to the door then I heard Alex's voice booming.

I quickly left the place and asked Clemente to drive me to the mall instead to the penthouse. To clear out my head.

That day, I became so cold with him. I avoided him and made sure I won't see him. I woke up most of the days, Judy comes to my door with a basket of roses and chocolates all from Alex. I felt happy but I knew why is he doing that. He's guilty.

Why would he feel guilty we are not married right? He can have all the girls he wants, he wants. The thought of him with no plans of marrying me made me hurt even more. It just proved that he only took me in his care because of the baby. Yes, it's all about the baby. He never loved me.

Hailey and Max come to visit us once in a while. I'm glad that they seemed not to notice about our silent war. Mara comes to accompany me sometimes to my monthly check up and stop until she had her baby. Two months ago. I was so excited for her. I can't wait for my baby too. The thought of him with another girl instead of being with me on my monthly check up every time was painful. I silently cried every time.

Today is just another day where I was silently crying. My belly had grown bigger for the last month. I gained weight as well. I felt like a whale and each day my insecurities grew greatly. How could he love me when I look like a blue whale, but that's ok. "Mommy is happy my baby is safe and healthy," I muttered to myself as I involuntarily rub my hand over my big belly. Judy came with a newspaper and put it on the small table on the side of the rocking chair where I was sitting.

Since the past months, this is my routine. Sitting in the rocking chair and read newspaper or magazine.

I pick the newspaper and turn the page to the business section. I read about the booming hotel chains of my father. I was so happy for him. The hotel was back in its glory. Dad was very careful now in dealing with his competitors and his management team. Alex was helping him sometimes.

I turned the page to look for more interesting news. A big photo of Alex and the same girl I saw in his office was at the top of the page. The girl was holding his arms like her life was depending on it.

I didn't bother to read it. I grip the newspaper tightly and threw it on the corner.

So he was still seeing that girl. The reason he goes and spend his weekend in New York?

I hate you Alex. I heaved a painful sigh, counting in my head to hold back the tears. I'm done crying. I had to talk to him. I needed to leave this place. I can't take it anymore. It hurt so much.

The whole day passed by gloomy just like how I felt. I retired that night to bed with a hollow in my heart. I decided to talk to him as soon as he is home, once and for all.

*****

ALEX POV

My plane landed at the Barcelona Airport around three in the morning. I was so excited to go home. I know she's already sleeping. As soon as I got into the penthouse, I quietly walk into her room and sat on the edge of the bed. She was peacefully sleeping with a dried tears on her cheek. The thought of seeing her that she's been crying in her sleep made my heart clenched. I kissed the tear away of her cheeks.

"I love you so much, baby!" I whispered as I stood up. I pulled the box with a ring in it, out of my pocket and put it on the side table with the little note folded in it. Then I walked out of her bedroom as quietly as I entered and headed to my room.

I just left my white shirt and boxers on then I hit the bed. I was so exhausted that I fell asleep as soon as my back touch the covers.

*****

NIKKI POV

I woke up fully rested and crawled out of the bed. I decided to have a shower and maybe go for a walk. I need to get out and change my routine today.

I glanced on the bedside table to check on the time when my eyes saw the small red box sitting on the bedside table. My eyebrows met, curiosity tugs me. I don't remember I put anything there, last night or I owned anything like that.

I quickly walked to the table and pick up the box. I know it's a jewelry box. With a shaky hand, I opened it. I saw a small folded paper with the beautiful diamond ring in it. I had a feeling what was this for.

I opened the small yellow paper and read the note.

Nikki,

I love you so much, and I can't live every single day knowing your not mine completely.

Will you marry me?

I froze for a moment. I read it again and again. As I'm not sure if I read it right. Or was it just my imagination. I tried to grasp it and analyze it. Why all of a sudden he proposed? Is this a consolation for not coming home or even exerting an effort to make me feel important? He took me in here. For what? Guilty because I'm carrying his child? No thanks, but I don't need his charity.

We had to talk.

He thought he could make me fall on this stunt. No!

After knowing that he was with that blonde girl for the past five months made me furious.

Is he tired of her? That jerk.

I stormed out of my room and headed downstairs taking the grand staircase to his room. I swung the door open and I saw him peacefully sleeping in his bed. I felt bad since I know he came home late last night and definitely was already in bed late.

I heaved a long heavy and painful sigh as the consciences tug my heart. Instead of interrupting his peaceful sleep, I put the ring back to his bedside table and silently walked out from his room, after giving him another glance.

I quickly get myself ready to get out before he wakes up. I suddenly felt like I'm not ready to talk to him. I was confused. My head was clouded with all these nasty scenarios of him and that blonde lady.

Soon enough Clemente was driving me to the mall. I need some air and a diversion.

I stopped at a coffee shop and had some decaf tea. I sat there as I watch the people walking in and out of the mall. The coffee shop was the first store in the mall close to the entrance door.

Why is it too painful to love someone? Why is pain always associated with love? Can it just be happiness?

I was staring through the window when my phone rang. I ignored it and just kept in sipping my tea and watching out the window glass.

The phone rang again and I decided to accept it thinking it was Mara. I haven't seen her in a month.

I check on my phone, it's Alana. She never called me so probably this is an important call. I connected it and soon, I heard her apprehensive tone.

"Hi! How are you?" I asked curiously. I could hear her breathing harshly. I could sense she's in a panic state.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Nicki, but you're the only one that I know that could help me. Colton was fired and Ian from the IT Department. He hasn't stopped throwing stuff on the wall. I'm sorry, I'm freaking right now. I don't want to go check him inside I might be the next," She frantically explained continuously without breathing.

"Alex was angry? Why?" I asked incredulously.

"I don't know. He looks like he's going to kill when he walked in, this morning. Please, can you come talk to him?" Alana pleaded. I could hear she's about to cry.

"I'm coming!" I said decisively. She thanked me and I heard him calling her in. I ended the call immediately and called Clemente.

This has to stop. He is just impossible. Poor Colton and Alana. I don't understand why he's fuming.

Not long, Clemente parked the car in front of the building. I told him to just wait for me outside.

The guard opened the door for me and I headed to the elevator. Some of those who knew me surprised to see me with my big bump. I ignored them. I knew they are wondering whose the father since I wasn't married yet. Not even a ring on my finger.

The elevator jolted to stop and the door slides open. I quickly stepped out and hastily strode to his office. Shortly, I could hear him yelling to Alana from outside his door. I opened it and I saw him looking at Alana like a predator ready to kill her.

What a sight to see. Two armchairs upside down on different corners. Folders and papers all over the floor. Pens and pencils everywhere. The room looks like it was hit by tornadoes.

Alana's red face and eyes were looking at me apologetically.

"Please get out, Alana," I said softly as I meet Alex's furious eyes.

He plopped down on his chair and his eyes softened. He looks exhausted. Dark circles under his eyes, it looks a bit hollow, probably of lack of sleep. Too much sex, I guess. I scoffed inwardly.

"What's going on?" I asked right away as soon as I heard the door close.

My two hands involuntarily flung on my hips as I trained my eyes on him, intensely sizing him up. "What's your problem, Alex?" I asked again. He was just staring at me impassively.

"YOU!" He exclaimed bitterly after a lengthy paused.

*****

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE OR LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!!

THANK YOU!!

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

11.4K 651 21
I watch her as she unzips her dress from the side and slowly peeling it off her skin and letting it fall on the floor. She hesitates but starts walki...
150K 4.4K 42
She knew his identity. He didn't know hers. She just wanted to have him around. He didn't. She knew they could not be together. He didn't. She didn't...
480K 19K 69
"Strip." I felt like I misheard him, but his hardened features said otherwise. I gulped down the lump in my throat and moved my hands to my back to...