Arc-V: Cultivating Future

By Aquarius727

A normal person, with normal and boring life, wo was just regular Fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, suddenly got transported t... More

This Is a New World We Arrived At
Action Duel: Battle of Flowers
A Little Exposition
Guess It's True That Duel Can Connect People Here...
Fused Dream: A Plan in the Making?
Launch the Counterattack!
Are You Really Smiling?
Dread of Defeat
Two plus Two equals Four
Eyes Wide Open
Interlude: Yuya
Grand Stage: The Tournament Begins
Mage vs Exorcist
Crossroad of Fate
This Is Why Communication is Important
Interlude: Reiji
Awakening of A Soul
Echo of the Past
Swing, Pendulum of Melodies!
Metagaming to Avert Crisis
[One Voice Message Received]
The Wild Hunt / Zerg Rush Part 2
Teacher, Student, Senpai, Kouhai, Friends
Sickeningly Sweet Fragrance of Poison
Faith and Promise
Intermission: Crossing Over
Stranger in a Strange Land (It Can Be Worse)
Turbo Duel - Tag Team! Demon of the Frozen Sea
Turbo Duel - Tag Team! Black and White Wings
Turbo Duel - Tag Team! Sublime Dance of Signer Dragons!
Unwanted Self-Introspection
Reunion Before the Dawn
Freedom Come with Price
Exhibition Duel! The Might of the King!
Friendship Cup Day 1: The Hunter, the Dancer, the Ninja, and... Trolling?
Friendship Cup Day 2: The Smiles, The Wasp, The Infernal Terror, and a Rematch
Friendship Cup Day 3: The Magician, the Shadow, the Song, and the Samurai
Friendship Cup Day 4: The Wind, the Crow, the Cyborg, the Cruel Destroyer
Interlude: Jack Atlas
Friendship Cup Day 5: Resolves Decides Your Fate
Friendship Cup Day 6: Immortals Enter the Stage
Friendship Cup Day 7 - Dedicate Your Victory
Friendship Cup Day 8: Determination to Not Lose
Interlude: Gala
Friendship Cup Day 9 Part 1: Burden Upon Darkest Wing
Friendship Cup Day 9 Part 2: Monochrome Hope
Friendship Cup Day 10 Part 1: Revenge Before Reason
Friendship Cup Day 10 Part 2: Unforeseen Victory
Interlude: Odd Eyes
Friendship Cup Day 11 Part 1: Passing the Torch
Friendship Cup Day 11 Part 2: Crimson Marks of Black Dragons
Friendship Cup Finale: Betting Everyting (For This Moment)
Interlude: Omen
Descending Chaos
Sitrep: SNAFU
Overturned Battlefield
Converging Wishes
Reunion and Separation
Interlude: Synchro Trinity
Intermission: End of a Mouse
Heartbreak (I)
Twisted Heart (I)
Heartbreak (II)
Twisted Heart (II)
Shattered Heart
Hollowed Heart
Conflicted Heart
Interlude: Edo Phoenix
Upping Up the Difficulty
Surprises, One After Another Part 1
Surprises, One After Another Part 2
Surprises, One After Another Part 3
Interlude: Lapis Lazuli
Escape and Undercover
Stray Thoughts
(Not) Reunion
Trails of Blazing Heart
Arrival of Storm
Echoed Determination
Heart Revealed
Interlude: Sora
Mission: Possible
Withered Rose Part 1
Withered Rose part 2
Into the Labyrinth Part I
Into the Labyrinth Part II
Into the Labyrinth Finale
Intermission: Cracked Seal
Road to Academia

The Wild Hunt / Zerg Rush Part 1

2.3K 55 27
By Aquarius727

"New outfits?" I grinned when Yuya and Yuzu arrived on the site for opening of Third Round.

Yuya was still wearing his orange-white-green themed outfit, but he actually looks streamlined, smart, and taller with orange dress shirt with high collar and green pants that actually show off his legs. I want to know where did he get sleeveless version of his usual jacket-turned-coat though.

Yuzu wore short sleeved white blouse with purple over her chest and blue tie, with magenta pinafore with split ends at skirt over the blouse, and purple underskirt. Her shoes and stockings are also different, and she got new hairpin to tie her hair differently. Still in pigtails, but only small amount. The rest are left loose.

They snorted at my question.

"Just taking a page over Floren-nee's book." Replied Yuzu. "Nee-san is also dolled up today."

Well. True. I wore different outfit. Ruby Rose's Atlas outfit, but replace the cloak with Akiza's coat. And I have a side bag contains mineral bottles and some snacks. Haou know it gonna be a long dungeon crawl, so I need refreshment.

"Yuzu, you already know about other dimension, right?" She nodded. Good, that means Yuya keep her up to date with latest information. "Don't ask me where I got this information, but I was just warned that Fusion Dimension is about to launched attack."

Whomever send the voicemail, know my Origin. Another agent I am not aware of? Someone who was planted in Fusion Dimension?

These two's expression become serious.

"When?"

"Probably soon." About, oh, few hours from now. "You know? Last night I found interesting news. Akaba Reiji has a special guest, a girl who bore uncanny resemblance to Yuzu, but with blue-purple hair and also using Fusion Summon. She seems to be high-profile, highly-guarded member. And Yuzu, who did Kurosaki mistaken you as, back at the dock?"

"His Sister." Answered Yuzu. "His sister who was kidnapped by—hold on." Realization dawned on her face. "Are you saying—"

"Yep."

Academia is after her.

Que Yuya's face distorted in anger.

"That's so creepy." He spoke, with no small amount of disgust. "Whoever behind this al collects girls with exact same face, and whoever that was, he or she was a creep."

Zarc would've bust a lung laughing if he heard you.

"Well, then you two can stick together. Safety in numbers."

"What about you?"

"Me? Drawing attention of the loose dogs." Or, one unhinged counterpart of Yuya.

I'm loading my deck with spells and traps when I got the message. Haou knows I'm going to abuse Anti-Fusion Area, Trap Hole, and the Solemn series a lot.

Soon later, the stadium was filled with duelists and audience, ready to watch the Third Round.

"Yuzu! Yuya! Briar-san!" Gongenzaka greeted us. "I, the man Gongenzaka, hoped that in this round, we continue to give our best."

"Won't dare to do otherwise." I replied coolly. "Won't dare to do otherwise." Otherwise, carded here we go. "So, are you prepared for the third round?"

"I am fired up!"

"GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!" And here is Nico Smiley. "THANK YOU FOR AITING! NOW, WE HEREY ANNOUNCED THAT THE THIRD ROUND: BATTLE ROYAL IS ABOUT TO BEGIN!"

"Battle royal?"

Nico Smiley explained the rules, about how there are several Pendulum Cards scattered across the dueling area and duelists battle with Pendulum Card as betting chip. This sounds familiar—oh!

Battle City rules is almost similar.

How nostalgic.

"Let's do our best, everyone!" I clapped my hands, "and kids, stay together, ok?" Guess who I am aiming that to?

"DUEL DISK ACTIVATE! DUELIST LOCKED IN BATTLE! KICKING THE EARTH AND DANCING IN THE AIR WITH THEIR MONSTER! THEY STORM THROUGH THE FIELD! BEHOLD! THE GREATEST EVOLUTION OF DUELING! ACTION..."

"DUEL!"

The floating orb-like machine scattered throughout the city, changing entire city into action field.

I wonder if there's any complains from citizen? What if someone want to use potty? How about the hospital?

Ah well, grill Reiji later.

"You guys know what to do!" I called out as I began to move away from the previous spot. "AND DON'T DO ANYTHING I WON'T DO!""

Alright!

The Hunt is On!

.

I swear, once this is over, my next to-do list is asking for Yoko-san for Bike Riding lesson, then, asking Yuya and Yuzu about how to climb fast and efficiently.

As it was, my hands hurt after I had to climb a tree in Jungle Area just so I can grab the Action Card. If not for the rules, I'll ignore this.

And speaking of cards, just what, exactly, this world's Duel Cards are made of? My other Card has to fished out from under the rock, IN A RIVER!

Granted, this river is part of Action Field and not real-life river, but still!

"Found you!" Who—oh him. Hokuto. Huh. Looks like me preventing him being carded means he win his duel and pass to this round. "You got two Pendulum Cards, right! Duel me!"

"Yes yes." I rolled my eyes. "Let me get down first." I looked down and, you know what, why bother climb down if you can just JUMP?!

Ow!

"Challenger may go first," I grimaced and rubbing my ankle. Yikes. I think I landed wrong. Ouch.

"Fine! My turn! I summon Constellar Pollux in attack position!"

Constellar Pollux | Level 4 | Light

Warrior / Effect

ATK 1700 / DEF 600

"Pollux effect allows me to normal summon another Constellar monster the turn it was summoned! I summon Constellar Algiedi!"

Constellar Algiedi | Level 4 | Light

Spellcaster / Effect

ATK 1600 / DEF 1400

"If Algiedi is normal summoned, I can special summon level 4 constellar monster! I special summon Constellar Kaus in defense mode!"

Constellar Kaus | Level 4 | Light

Beast-Warrior / Effect

ATK 1800 / DEF 700

"And with my Constellar monsters on the field, I can special summon Constellar Caduceus! And Caduceus' effect allows me to draw one Constellar spell or trap card from deck!"

Constellar Caudceus | Level 4 | Light

Spellcaser / Effect

ATK 16000 / DEF 1550

"I activate Constellar Klaus' effect and raise its own and Constellar Caduceus' level by 1!"

Constellar Klaus Level 4 --> Level 5

Constellar Caduceus | Level 4 --> Level 5

"I overlay Constellar Pollux and Constellar Algiedi! Let these shooting stars bearing your end! Xyz summon! Rank 4! Constellar Omega! Then, I overlay Constellar Klaus and Constellar Caduceus! Light of the stars, descend and shake this very earth! Xyz Summon! Rank 5! Constellar Pleiades!"

Constellar Omega | Rank 4 | Light

Beast-Warrior / Xyz / Effect / OVU: 2

ATK 2400 / DEF 500

Constellar Pleiades | Rank 5 | Light / OVU: 2

Warrior / Xyz / Effect

ATK 2500 / DEF 1500

"I Activate Continuous Spell Card Constellar Belt and end my turn."

Hokuto LP: 4000

Floren LP: 4000

"My turn. Draw." I look at my cards and... oh for goodness' sake, really?! All Spells and Traps?! Fine then, fine! "Since I have no face up card, I activate Lightning Storm and choose one of its two effect. I choose to destroy all face up attack position monster you control."

"I detach one of Omega's overlay units and all Constellar monsters I control are unaffected by Spell or Trap effects."

Constellar Omega OVU: 2 --> 1

Nailed it. "I activate Spell Card Meteor of Destruction, since your LifePoint is higher than 3000, you lose 1000."

"Gah!"

Hokuto LP: 4000 --> 3000

Just a little payback for what you did to Yuya back then. No hard feelings, ok?

"I activate Spell Card Rose Bell of Revelation and add plant monster with 2400 Attack to hand. I set three cards. I end my turn."

Hokuto grunted at me. "My turn, Draw! I activate Constellar Pleiades to return your leftmost set card back to hand."

"Trap Card open: Treacherous Trap Hole. Since I have no Trap in graveyard, I can destroy two monsters on the field."

"I activate Constellar Omega's effect and all Constellar monsters become immune to Trap and Spell cards."

"Trap Card: Infinite Impermanence. I negate activation of your Constellar Omega's effect, and since this card was set before hand, I can also negate your Constellar belt, since they are in the same column." Thank you, Duel disk, so I can check my opponent card placement!

"Gaaahhh!" He screams in frustration. "I activate Spell Card Constellar Star Cradle and returns Constellar Algiedi and Kaus back to hand. I summon constellar Algiedi and use its effect to special summon Kaus, raise both's levels to 5, and Xyz summon another Constellar Pleiades." Oh right, he run two copies of these at minimum. "I detach Pleiades' overlay unit and return your remaining set card back to hand!"

Constellar Pleiades OVU: 2 --> 1

You know what card is it? Equip Spell.

"You're trolling him." Hi Bergamot, and yes, I am. I have seen his match and how reliant he is to Constellar Pleiades and Plotemy M7. Why not make use of it?

"I activate Constellar Plotemy M7, in which I can special summon it by using Constellar Xyz monster I control as its material as well transfer its overlay unit! "Rain down your dazzling light! Xyz Summon! Appear! Rank 6! Constellar Plotemy M7!"

Constellar Plotemy M7 | Rank 6 | Light

Machine / Xyz / Effect / OVU: 2

ATK 2700 / DEF 2000

"Battle! Direct attack!"

Floren LP: 4000 --> 1300

Ouch! That explosion threw me to a bush! Damn, the twigs don't make nice landing seat—huh. Seriously. There's an Action Card here? And it...

You know what. Luck work in mysterious way.

"I end my turn."

"My turn." I climb out of the bush. "Draw!" Aigooo. What with me and Spell/Trap Cards today?

"You load many of them into your deck?"

Touche. "First, I activate Field Spell Card Aroma Gardening, then I activate Rose Bell of Revelation and banish itself from graveyard to Special summon Aromage Bergamot. As you remember, Aroma Gardening allows me to gain 1000 LifePoint, once per turn, if Aroma monster is summoned, which trigger Bergamot's effect."

Floren LP: 1300 --> 2300

Aromage Bergamot ATK 2400 / DEF 1800 --> ATK 3400 / DEF 2800

"Then I equip him with Solitary Sword of Poison!"

"Action Card—"

"Action Card: Action Crush. Sorry not sorry. You can't use Action Car. Also, FYI, Solitary Sword of Poison doubles his original Attack and defense when battling monster."

Aromage Bergamot ATK 3400 / DEF 2800 --> ATK 5800 / DEF 4600

"Bye bye."

Hokuto LP: 3000 --> 0

"Ugh." Does lose frustrate him so much? "You... you looking down on me, aren't you?"

"Not my fault you're predictable with your reliance over Pleiades and Plotemy." I deadpanned. "I mean, sure, I have my ace too, but at least I load my deck with new cards in case my opponent creates a counter to them!"

I think I saw an arrow with words [PREDICTABLE] stabbed him on the heart.

I sigh. "Let's... move on."

He nodded sullenly and threw me a card.

It was his Pendulum Card.

Three cards for me.

They probably won't see any action unless I draw them by happenstance. And I have quite a number of cards in my deck already.

Hindsight I shouldn't load too many, but it was not like I can adjusting my deck once invasion start, can I?

.

"Look what we found here."

I sighed. See? I just finished with my third duel and these cultists arrives. No time to adjust my deck! Well. At east this save me time from hunting them.

"Good day gentleman," I greeted them, "but you don't appear to be participant for tournament, so... Kindly leave the premise, you vermin."

They were startled at how my voice suddenly become ice cold. The fact I lashed out with what meagre magic I had did not help. Seeing that I was a threat, they activate their duel disk.

I simply responded by turning on my phone, that was connected to wireless earphone. Playing the playlist I had prepare just for this.

Who say I can't have fun while at it, hm?

"Shall we begin this Duel?"

Obelisk Force #1 LP: 4000

Obelisk Force #2 LP: 4000

Floren LP: 4000

"My turn! I summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound! If this card is normal summoned, I can inflict 600 attacks to your lifepoints."

Ancient Gear Hunting Hound | Level 3 | Earth

Machine / Effect

ATK 1000 / DEF 1000

Floren LP: 4000 --> 3400

"I end my turn."

"My turn, I summon Ancient Gear Hunting Hound and deals 600 damage to your lifepoints. I end my turn."

Floren LP: 3400 --> 2800

"My turn." I look at five cards in my hand. Yep. What with me and back row cards today? They all traps! Oh well. What happens, happens.

"I set five cards and end my turn."

The two Obelisk Force laughing.

"Ha! This is going to be easy!" #1 laughs. "I tribute Ancient Gear Hunting Hound to summon Ancient Gear Beast!"

Ancient Gear Beast | Level 6 | EARTH

Machine / Effect

ATK 2000 / DEF 2000

"Trap Card: Treacherous Trap Hole. If I have no trap in my graveyard, I can destroy two monsters on the field. Guess who has monsters?" I drawled. If you guess the stupid, stupid Obelisk Force, then yes! You guessed it right!

Ancient Gear noped Spell and Trap Cards... during when they attack until end of damage! So if I activate it before the battle phase, I'm free to do anything as I pleased.

Ancient Gear may look strong, but by Haou, they are BRICK WALL with obvious weakness.

"Grr....! I set one card and end my turn!"

"My turn. I activate Polymerization to fuse Ancient Gear Wyvern and Ancient Gear Box and fusion summon Ancient Gear Howitzer!"

Ancient Gear Howitzer | Level 8 | Earth

Machine / Fusion / Effect

ATK 1000 / DEF 1800

"Ancient Gear Howitzer's effect! I deal 1000 damage to your lifepoints and unaffected by other card effects!"

"Trap Card Open: Humid Winds, since my lifepoints is lower, I gain 500."

Floren LP: 2800 --> 3300 --> 2300

"I end my turn."

"My turn, draw!" Hello darling~ "I summon Lonefire Blossom, then tribute itself to special summon Aromage Bergamot from my deck. I activate Humid Winds to raise my lifepoints again, and trigger Bergamot's effect, increasing his Attack and defense by 1000 each, until end of my next opponent's turn. Battle. Destroy Ancient Gear Howitzer."

Obelisk Force #2 LP: 4000 --> 1600

"Ancient Gear Howitzer allows me to special summon monster from deck, ignoring its summoning condition."

"Negated. Gravedigger's Trap Hole. I negate activation of monster card's effect in graveyard and you got 2000 damage."

Obelisk Force #2 LP: 1600 --> 0

Ah, Trap Hole. Love you when I'm the one using it, Hate you when I'm the target of its effect!

"End the turn."

So, what left is numero uno. Wow. I feel bad for the title. It deserves better bearer than this dumbo.

"My turn, draw! I activate Continuous Trap Card: Ancient Gear Reborn and summon Ancient Gear Beast with attack raised by 200."

"First, can't you do something as basic as math? Second, Trap Card: Bottomless Trap Hole. That Beast is not just destroyed, but banished."

"...I set one monster and my turn." Bergamot's attac back to normal, but not for long.

"My turn. Draw." Finally! "I summon Aromage Rosemary then I activate Humid winds again. Rosemar can change a monster's attack position if I gain lifpeoints, and I force your monster into attack position."

Knew it. It's Ancient Gear with 2000 DEF but its attack is pitifully 500.

"Attack."

Obelisk Force #1 LP: 4000 --> 2300 --> 0

I stalked towards them with eerie smile plastered on my lips. Cracking my knuckles.

"So," I declared with too much cheer, "who want to be beaten black and blue first?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 127 21
Full disclosure I do not own YuGiOh ARC-V but I am using it for entertainment purposes, it is owned via Konami. I do own my own personal twist on it...
10.8K 143 11
After Zarc's defeat in the hands of Ray, and the merger of the 4 dimentions. The life of Yuya should be positive. The evil entity has vanished, the f...
10.2K 341 22
in a world where mythical beings and humans co-exist with each other isn't the strangest thing, then what is. well, that has to be the most popular...
23.9K 360 23
You are a spy for Akaba Reiji for years now. Your mission is spy Academia in Fusion Dimension for 5 years now. And finally he can go back home after...