Yours, Forever

By AuthorIris_xx

She was his motivation. Madison Connor, the only woman he had ever loved, the woman he had hurt, the woman he... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chalter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Epilogue

Chapter 34

15.1K 370 32
By AuthorIris_xx

KATHERINE

Katherine was more than fed up.

She was fed up with the way Damien had been treating her these past few weeks. She was fed up with the fights, the non-stop arguments, and she was fed up with having to constantly lower herself to the point of begging for attention from her own boyfriend.

She was fed up and angry, and she was going to do something about it.

Stepping harder on the brake, and increasing her speed as she drove to Damien's company, she thought of what to do.

After the last time he had embarrassed her in front of Alvarez and his investigator she was still sore from it, and worse still he never even bothered to call her or apologize.

She needed answers from him, and no matter what happened, she was going to get them today.

Soon she got to the building, and parking at the front, she clambered out of the car, grabbed her purse from the passenger seat and started to make her way straight to his office.

As she neared his office, she saw his secretary jump to her feet at the sight of her. "M-miss Scott, Mr Daniels is busy and asked not to be disturbed. If you could give me a moment to inform him of your arrival, I would..."

Katherine eyes shot daggers, as glared at her. "If you'd like to know what happens when you try to keep a woman away from her man, stop me from going in." She spat, venom coating her every word.

Slowly, the secretary moved away, fear evident in her eyes and bowing her head, she shuffled back to her seat, while Katherine with a loud hiss, walked into the office.

The minute she saw Damien, his expression changed to that of irritation as their eyes locked, and cocking his eyebrows he demanded albeit harshly, "What are you doing here?"

This only made Katherine more angry, and she blurted out, "What am I doing here? Since when do you ask me questions like that? I am your girlfriend for crying out loud! What is going on with you Damien? Is this how you welcome me?"

Silence descended the minute she finished talking, and for some seconds the only sound in the room was that of their labored breathing before Damien finally rubbed at his forehead and started to say, "Look, Katherine...I really don't have time for this okay—"

"No!" She yelled, "No! Not this time, okay? And you can go ahead, call security if you want to, but I'll tell you straight to your face that I'm not leaving."

When Damien only stared lazily at her, she scoffed, "Why didn't you pick up when I called you?" She suddenly asked, "I called yesterday and you ignored me. You never ignore me unless you're at work, and it was late back then. I also knew for for a fact that you weren't at work! So what happened?"

"Are you keeping tabs on me now?" Damien shot back, not answering her question at all.

"And why would you say that? I called the office and you weren't in. This..." She gestured at him spreading her arms all around, "This is exactly what I'm talking about. You've been acting so strange with me lately, and you know it. You don't call, and when I do call you ignore me. Okay fine, you don't text me, and when I do text or confront you on your silly behaviors you act like I annoy you or something. I mean...the other day at Daddy's office, you brushed off talk about our wedding. We are supposed to be engaged for crying out loud! What's all this?"

"Katherine... I'm really not in the mood for any of this right now. Please, I have a lot to do and..."

Katherine gave a bitter laugh, "Of course you're always busy even though now, I highly doubt that. It's always work, work, all the time. I can't even remember when last we spent time together, just me and you. You've been so busy with work, and your so called investigation, it's like I don't even exist and..."

She saw guilt materialize on Damien's face and she knew her charm, was working. She had made the right decision by coming here, and she had wanted him to feel the guilt, see how much she felt abandoned by him. And then just like he should, he would them work to earn her forgiveness.

Damien stared at her from his seat and then he sighed, slowly turning off his computer and getting up from the chair. He approached her, placing one hand on her shoulder.

He had a neutral look on his face though, as his expression was not to remorseful and she didn't know what to make of it.

"Hey, don't say that... don't talk like that. You're right..." He rubbed his forehead, "I've been so distracted lately, and about yesterday, I put my phone on silent because I was working. Then I had to switch it off when you called, because I didn't have any battery."

Katherine folded her arms unsatisfied and faced the other way, still clearly hurt or at least feigning to be. She pulled a face when he placed a finger below chin, making her look up at him.

"I'm sorry for being so distant these past few weeks, and making you feel this way. It won't happen again."

When she still didn't react, he rubbed her cheeks between his fingers, pulling her to him in a hug which she reluctantly melted into, and holding onto her, rocking back and forth he continued to mutter some apologies, until finally she beamed, unable to hold herself back.

"You'll have to make it up to me, you know right?"

Damien nodded instantly, "Definitely. Dinner tonight? Anywhere you want to go."

"Yeah dinner. That sounds nice."

"Settled then." He pulled her forward again, tucking her hair behind her ears and leaning in, he trapped her lips in a soft kiss which she quickly responded to.

She leaned in for another hug, liking the feel of Damien's soft lips on her neck, and just like that knowing she was satisfied today, the wheels in her head started spinning as she began to cook up a plan.

.......

Madison was startled by the sound of someone knocking at her door.

She swallowed, staring at the door and not making any move to open it at all.

She was still quite shaken up from Mason's visit, and the last thing she needed right now was another episode or any more surprises.

She breathed out in relief when the knocking stopped.

She just wanted to be left alone.

She was tired of the bad luck and the constant confrontations, and now she just wanted to rest.

The knock resounded again, after a while stopping Madison who was just about to lay down in her bed.

"Madison? Madison? Are you in?"

Immediately she froze, already recognizing that voice.

Gina? It was Gina.

Quickly she rushed to the door, unlocking it and blabbering out apologies as she saw her friend standing outside the door, she lied at the same time, "Oh goodness Gina, I'm so freaking sorry, I just heard the knock. Have you been standing here for too long?"

Gina smiled, shaking her head, "No, not really. I was worried you weren't home that's why."

"Oh, sorry about that. Come on in." Madison quickly ushered her in, shutting the door at the same time.

She remembered how her last meeting with her friend had gone, how she had left abruptly and now she suddenly felt so guilty.

"Gina..." She began after her friend walked in, "I never apologized for the last time we saw, and I had to leave in a haste. I realize how weird I must've acted back at the bakery, and that day I was not really in my right frame of mind. I was just really confused and trying to make sense of some things you know, but... But I don't want you to bother now, cause I'm fine already. I'm so sorry if I made you feel weird in anyway."

"It's okay, Maddie. I understand." Gina smiled, making Madison feel instantly relieved.

Leading her to her bed, which was the only place to sit as Madison didn't own really any furniture, she said again, "It's so nice to see you. I didn't think you'd ever have any time to come see me, seeing as you are so busy with work at the bakery."

Gina laughed, "Nah, I only worked for a few hours today and besides, I had an excuse to come see you." Smiling, she unzipped her purse, taking out a white envelope and handing it to Madison, "Here."

Madison took it carefully, wondering at the wide grin on her friend's face, "What is this?" She asked but Gina was suddenly quiet, just beaming widely at her.

Slipping her finger between the folds Madison tore the envelope, bringing out a paper and opening it she read through and... "Oh my God!" She yelled, her hand coming up to her mouth, jaw dropping slightly open, "Certificate of employment? No, someone tell me I'm dreaming. I.. I... This is from the bakery right and..."

Gina nodded intermittently, laughing at the expression on Madison's face, "Yes you read right. You got the job! You've been employed at the bakery!" She squealed as she finished her sentence.

"B-but how?!" Madison began to wonder, "They asked me to come back a few days later."

Gina nodded, "Yeah. But apparently, everyone else who came for the job was rejected. I offered to bring the letter to you myself when I saw it on the board."

Madison laughed in disbelief, glancing down at the letter once more. She had gotten accepted and was required to resume next week. She almost couldn't believe it. She had a job now. At a huge bakery with a very good pay, and it all looked like some kind of miracle.

Things had been going so shitty for her these past few weeks, that she had half-expected to scale through this as well, but here she was, suddenly employed and with a stable job.

For once things seemed to be going right. Fuck it! She had a job! And a good one at that, and she began to laugh uncontrollably, feeling tears sting the back of her eyes. She didn't bother to wipe them away, the moment they began to stream down her face.

She really couldn't remember the last time she received positive news. It was so heartwarming that it felt unreal.

"Madison, what's wrong?" Gina asked, shocked to see her crying obviously and as she scooted closer to Madison, placing one arm over her shoulder, she said again, "Why are you crying? Is something wrong?"

Madison laughed through her tears, shaking her head as she waved her hand, "I can't even explain how I'm feeling Gina. Everything is fine though, it's just that... I'm just s-so happy, you know? These liquid streaming down my face are tears of joy." She laughed again.

"Awwwww, I understand... Come here." Gina cooed slightly, patting Madison's back as she helped her wipe her tears away, "Cheer up, okay?"

Madison nodded continuously, finally managing to wipe her tears away.

"I'm so excited for us to work together!" Gina squealed, "It'd be nice, don't you think?"

Madison agreed, "Yes, yes! I was just thinking about this too. I'm glad I know you. At least I won't feel so much like a stranger, on my first day there."

"Yes, exactly! Tell you what, after you've worked for some days at the bakery we're going to go celebrate. Drinks, dancing, bowling, karaoke, whatever you want, we are sure as hell going to do it."

Madison found herself giggling, feeling warm and happy all over.

It'd been long since she felt this way, and giggling she answered, "Sure! That'd be nice. I can't remember the last time I went out just to chill and loosen up a little bit, and I could use one now. So yes, we should do that."

"It's a date, then!" Gina winked, and Madison found herself giving her first genuine laugh in months. Even if she wasn't sure how long it would last, she didn't care.

She was happy and she decided she would live in the moment!

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 99.3K 44
Highest #1 - #babies #1 - #motherlove Terrence didn't waste a moment in pressing me up against the kitchen counter. "When..." He grow...
905K 47.7K 75
A Wattpad Featured Novel. (July 2017) _________________________ "Why did you appoint me?" She asked him which made him stop on his tracks. "I don't t...
2.5M 93.9K 30
"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a hint of sadness in his voice but other th...
496K 17.8K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...