A YEAR WITH THE BILLIONAIRE

By Eaglewoman20

Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
THE END

CHAPTER 26

53.1K 1.8K 76
By Eaglewoman20

Isabella's POV

I stir in my sleep, my hands flying to my eyes as I rub them before sitting up, remembering that I have to go to Grandma's place before meeting up with Anna for the shopping.

I glance around to see that Jayden isn't in bed and I furrow my brows, trying to think of where he must have gone.

Did he even spend the night here? I remember waking up to take a pee before heading back to bed but I didn't notice him in bed.

He said he was going to be out for a few minutes but he didn't come back. 

I yawn loudly, stretching and stepping down from the bed, my eye darting to the huge wall clock.

It is just 7 in the morning and I am sure Jayden has gone to work already. 7 am is our resumption time and he usually arrives at work before 7 am. 

I am really curious to know if he came in here last night or not. I rush towards the bathroom and pull it open, venturing in to see how dry everywhere is.

If Jayden had come in here to take a bath before going to work, the bathroom won't be this dry.

This means he hasn't been home since last night when he left me sitting with my question unanswered. 

Where can he be? Is he the promiscuous type who is pretending to be a saint?

This is the only explanation I can give for his absence from home on the second night of our wedding. He didn't even tell me where he was going and he didn't make it look like he won't spend the night here.

What rubbish?! I hiss angrily before storming back to the room, cursing beneath my breath. 

I flop heavily into the couch, propping my hand over my head and thinking about my life.

It is just three days and I am already bored to death. Is this what I was employed for? Sleeping and waking up to meet my husband's absence and worrying myself to death with no job to take my mind off my trouble?

I remember talking to myself last night about a new hobby so I stand up quickly, trying to make my way out when I spot a door in the bedroom. I never knew there was another door in here and I wonder just how many rooms are in this mansion altogether.

With curiosity, I find myself walking towards the small door. The door isn't noticeable because it is located on the left side of the bedroom door and it is small.

I touch the doorknob and it turns. My heart begins to jump in excitement about what I will find out. I can be inquisitive when I want to and since Jayden isn't ready to answer my questions, I can as well find the answers myself.

I step into the room, glancing around, and disappointment washes through me instantly when I see nothing but books.

I am expecting something more. Like what? I don't even know.

Instead of turning back, I find myself closing the door and venturing in. The room is empty except for two bookshelves and a desk with two chairs.

I will have come to the conclusion that this is Jayden's home office but it isn't fit to be his office. First; it is way too small and the bookshelf is full of books unrelated to work. It looks like this is a place where he dumps whatever book he buys.

I don't know that Jayden reads books. He doesn't look like one who reads books. Impulsively, I raise my hand to pick up a book from the shelf.

I gasp in surprise, my heart swelling with joy when I see the type of book it is.

A romantic novel!

Wow! This is what I need. This is just the right hobby to find. This is what I need to keep me busy and keep me away from my troubles.

Without taking a look at the others, I hide the book behind me, smiling to myself as I find my way out, praying that no one will see me as I enter the bedroom again, closing the door quietly behind me.

I know I am not supposed to be doing this,  but I have found my new comfort zone and I am now glad that I have got to share the same room with Jayden.

I will probably finish up all the books there before a year and it will make my year worthwhile and I can probably start to think of giving writing a try.

I love books and my father had always wanted me to be a Journalist or a Writer. I didn't like any but I wanted to give Journalism a try.

I find my way back to the couch, after grabbing the comforter on the bed and wrapping it around me because of the cold.

I sink into the couch, moaning in satisfaction for this overwhelming feeling of having a free book to myself to keep me company.

I have changed my mind about going to Grandma's place. She isn't going to talk to me still but I know she will come around soon. I should probably give her time and space to let everything sink in.

I don't regret doing this for her. I just regret having Juliet as a friend and doing all those things for her.

I open the book to start reading when a note falls off. Quickly, I pick it up and it reads; "To you, my love."

Confusion spreads across my face after reading the note. I don't understand what it means and to whom it was sent.

Did someone give this to Jayden? Was he the one who gave it to someone? 

For the latter question, I am sure it is a no. Jayden has never been seen with any woman and thinking about it now, I am beginning to wonder why and how possible it is for a good-looking man like him not to have a woman.

Is he gay?

I gasp softly at the realization that this must be the only reason why Jayden is doing this. He married me and then we won't have sex because he is gay and because he doesn't want the public to know about his sexuality.

Goodness! I almost scream, leaning forward as my heart begins to thump wildly in my chest.

"Oh, no!"

I can't believe this. Why can't he just tell me? I have every right to know who he is and why he is doing this, don't I?

Tears spring to my eyes and I don't know if it's because I am disappointed that he is gay or because I feel bad for not being told about this and I have to find out on my own.

Something clicks in me and I sit upright, picking up the book again and opening each page hurriedly, in hope that I will find something to give me another clue.

I need more evidence to back up my claim that Jayden is indeed gay.

The note from earlier can be from anyone; a male or a female. I want to be sure it is a male and not a female. 

I continue opening it in a hurry till I get to the last page, raising it upward so any other thing can fall off as the first did.

I see nothing and expel a frustrated sigh, the zeal to read gone. I am about to drop the book when something drops and I look down to find another sheet of paper on the floor 

Without hesitation, I grab it.

"Sometimes, I ask myself if you, Jayden, and I, Helena can have this type of love and the answer is always no."

The answer is always no?

My forehead creased further in confusion. Does this mean the first note is from this person called Helena and she wanted Jayden but he rejected her?

If he truly rejected her, then what is her book doing here in his house and on his bookshelf?

Are there more of her notes in the other books?

I shoot to my feet, about to risk going back into the room to find answers to my question when the door opens and I slump back into the couch in a haste, to hide the book so Jayden won't see it and accuse me of trespassing.

I am actually trespassing.

Jayden comes in, dressed in the same T-shirt and shorts he was wearing last night when he left home.

He closes the door, his eyes roaming the entire room before it falls on my small frame on the couch.

He regards me with a nod and walks in silently. I bite my lower lips, wondering if I am supposed to greet him politely like he is still my boss or greet him romantically like my husband.

This is enough evidence that he didn't sleep at home. He hasn't been to the office either. 

Then where is he coming from?

"Good morning, Jayden", I greet, a little smile forming on my lips, my buttocks on the small book and the comforter wrapped tightly around me.

"Good morning", he answers plainly after a moment of silence, without sparing me a glance.

He moves to the closet and stands in front of the mirror, my mind going back to my wish the other day about having to share this huge, beautifully designed exclusive closet with him. Now it has come to pass and I will take out my time to arrange my clothes there before going shopping for new clothes.

"How was your night?" I ask again, waiting for a reply. I want to know where he spent the night but I can't just go out straight like that to him. 

Silence ensues and I am thinking he did not hear me until he twirls beck shirtless, glaring at me coldly before heading to the bathroom. 

"Jayden", I call out before I know it, turning back to see if he will halt in his step. "You don't need to feel uncomfortable with me around or spend the night somewhere else because of me. I am the one who came here to meet you so I should be the one to endure whatever inconvenience. If you are not ok with this, just let me go to another room."

He doesn't answer and his emotionless looks do not waiver. I can't even figure out what must be running through his mind or what he is feeling.

Without giving a reply, he turns back and continues to walk towards the bathroom door. I rise abruptly.

"Jayden, are you gay?" I blurt out sharply before knowing and I bite my lower lips in regret when the words are out. This isn't what I intended to ask but I guess my desire to hear him speak to me took over.

He turns slowly until we are facing each other squarely. His face turns stony and his eyes deadly as he shouts. "What the hell!"

****

😅😅😅

Is Jayden gay?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

539K 19.3K 30
*This book is terrible, read at your own risk.* Womanizing playboy Sebastian Hayes was in a bind, his grandfather was requiring him to get married be...
1.1M 27.5K 74
One night of heated passion was all it takes for Zoe Jones to get knocked up. What if she wakes up and her boss Maximus Taylor was the one who she h...
1.3M 42.8K 101
It Is a one-night stand for a 24 years old college girl, Annabelle. With no strings attached. When she sees her baby father on the cover page of a ma...
554K 13.2K 32
[Completed] Highest ranking :- 29 boss 35 business 163 boss 128 hot 238 hate 234 marriage Warning : there are many grammatical errors in the novel re...