Prima Ballerina

Oleh I_NEED_SOME_SPACE

Follow Cassandra Rhodes as she takes on her journey with the Abby Lee Dance Company. This story start in seas... Lebih Banyak

Meet the Rhodes
Presenting My New Team
Double the Moms, Double the Trouble
Hollywood Here We Come, Part 1
Hollywood Here We Come, Part 2
Abby Got Served

Kiss or Get Off The Pot

2.7K 75 56
Oleh I_NEED_SOME_SPACE

unedited

*Amelia's Interview*

"Cassie has been invited back for another week, but this time without the select team. She is a little upset about she got super close to those girls, but Cassie just wants to dance and compete wherever she can."

"Girls, come on, let's go!" Abby yells from inside studio a. "come on!"

The girls all slowly jog into line facing the mirror, "The walk of shame. let's go."

"Sarah...and unfortunately, Christy, as well as Cassandra and Amelia," Cassie beams at the mention of her name, "are here with us today."

*Abby's Interview*

"This week, I've allowed the select competition team to go home. They had a big win. I decided to keep Sarah and Cassandra around. They dance here at the ALDC. Sarah comes three, four times a week as it is, so why not throw her into the big fish tank and let her try to swim with these guys. She's eight years old. She can only get better. But if that mother opens her mouth, she's gone. As for Cassandra, I can barely get that girl to go home and she's more than ready to dance with the Elite team."

Abby continues, "You two are guests here this week. You need to appreciate that and be grateful for that opportunity." Cassie nods and gives Miss Abby a polite yes ma'am, while Sarah nods in understanding.

"You guys are two for two--losing two for two...to the select team. How did it feel to get beat?" Abby questioned.

"Not good" Maddie responded meekly.

"Not good," Abby said back.

*Cassandra's Interview"

"Actually, it felt pretty dang awesome."

"Girls! I wasn't disappointed in your dancing. I wasn't disappointed in your hard work. I was disappointed in your attitude after the competition." The elite team's moms' eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

*Cassandra and Amelia's Interview*

"Wait what happened after the competition?"

"Don't worry about it, Cassie."

"Now I'm going to worry about it more!"

"You need to suck it up!" Abby shout causing the girls to cringe.

"The kids didn't cry onstage, and they had nothing disrespectful to say to any of those girls. I think they were sad because they felt let down by you." Jill said with what Cassie thought was an excessive amount of finger-pointing.

"I have given you the tools. I have taught you right from wrong. It doesn't matter if you think you didn't get a fair shake, or if you think the judging wasn't right, or if you're just a sore loser." Abby berates, "You don't do it where people can see it, ever."

"Understood?"

"Yes," the girls reply.

*Amelia's Interview*

"As blunt as Abby is, she is right on this the way the elite girls were acting after losing hurts the reputation of the ALDC. Which hurts all of Abby's students"

"All right, let's get to the pyramid." Cassie lets out a quiet cheer. "First we have...Chole. The turn section at the end, it just was never in sync."

"And next, we have Maddie. You've always been a team leader, although you're not the oldest dancer here. That means when things go wrong, people are following your lead. You're upset, you're emotional...the whole team's gonna follow you. Never let them see you sweat.

"Next...Kendall. Kendall, you did a nice job. It was good. But you were part of that turn trio. And you know it could have been better." Kendall nods with a quiet yes.

"And next...Nia. If you are not born with it, you just have to work harder. If you're not flexible, it's gonna take you longer to get the flexibility than somebody that is naturally flexible. "

"And last on the bottom...Mackenzie. Mackenzie...you danced way over here for me. Instead of way over there for the judges. That's why you're not up there."

Sarah ended up being on the middle row for the winning group number.

"And on the top of the pyramid is...Cassandra for her winning group and her perfect scoring solo. From now on I expect nothing less than perfect scores from you."

*Cassandra's Interview*

"I am super excited to be on the top of the pyramid. Abby said she'll only accept perfect scores from me from here on out. That makes me nervous, I mean no nobody's perfect, right?"

"This week we will be traveling to...In10sity Dance competition in Cleveland, Ohio." Abby slowly rolled her head towards the moms who burst out laughing. "You know what Ohio means?"

Cassie didn't know what Ohio meant or why everyone was either laughing or cringing. She just hoping someone would fill her in eventually.

"We're doing a group routine. It's contemporary ballet." Cassie beamed and bounced on her toes at this news, she loves ballet numbers. "Aptly titled, 'Broken Dolls.' You are my dolls. Right? People think of you that way. America's sweethearts. But now you're broken."

"And you let everybody see it," she said in a whisper

"We also have a duet. And the name of the duet is 'That Girl Has Gotta Be Kissed.' I just judged Dancing with the Stars. All about that carriage, that hold. The man has to be able to lead. Maddie, you will be the female lead in the duet."

"I'm looking for the boy, I'm looking for the he," Holly says.

"And your partner is Gino. Gino from Cathy's former team. He's here in Pittsburgh and will be arriving later."

"And I have one solo this week and it's going to Cassandra it's called 'Bird Box' it's a contemporary piece."

"All right, moms dismissed." The moms start to file out of the studio leaving Abby to focus her attention on the girls. "Spread apart. Warm up Warm up."

THREE DAYS TO COMPETITION

"Make sure your back is arched and your chin is slightly lifted" Abby criticizes as they learn the group dance.

This dance is shaping up to be one of Cassie's favorite dances, sure it's a contemporary piece but it has a lot of ballet techniques and that is what Cassie happens to be best at.

"It's not about being pretty, but it's about being rigid and having, like, lines and sculpted body." Cassie just knew the costumes and makeup for this dance were going to be absolutely amazing.

WITH THE MOMS

"I don't like that Abby kept saying our kids are bad losers." Christi states

"They're not." Melissa responds quickly, "They're not sore losers."

There were five sad little girls and four moms trying to console them." Jill was also been quick to respond.

"I knew she was gonna twist it and make it sound like they were poor sports. It...this was a larger picture." Holly hoped in.

*Amelia's Interview*

"They're not wrong about the girls not being poor sports, but it's like the moms are trying to completely discredit the select team as if they hadn't been working hard throughout the whole week."

"My point of view from being on the other team...I just don't agree on how upset you guys were." Christy chimes in.

"At this point, you don't really have a say-so in our feelings" Jill chirps back.

"I feel awful-" she's cut off by jill, "Well, you shouldn't"

"-That your children lost" Christy finished.

"Everybody's looking at 'the loss.' That's not what we're talking about. " Christi gets back into the conversation.

Amelia decides to stay out of it there is just no reason that she should get involved no matter how strong her opinion is.

The girls were soon introduced to Gino, most of the girls were uncomfortable dancing with a guy in groups as it doesn't happen very often. Cassie had kind of gotten the gist of why everyone hates Cathy, but apparently, this boy was from the Candy Apples so she was still pretty confused on the whole topic.

TWO DAYS TO COMPETITION

After running through the group dance multiple times, Abby allowed the girls to split Maddie and Gino going to work on the duet and Cassie going to work on her solo.

Cassandra's solo was very difficult she spent the majority of the dance blindfo0lded and unable to see, which was cool to her but terrifying to her mother.

"Mom this is the coolest dance I've done yet!"

"It's definitely challenging..."

"But isn't that why we came back, to be challenged?"

"Yeah, but I thought you'd be the one getting challenged not my sanity!"

Cassie hugged her mom, "You got this, mom! Just stand your ground."

*Amelia's Interview*

"I've learned the trick to staying out of arguments is anytime Christy, Christi, or jill anything about last weekend or pyramid, I just get up and walk away. It's kind of hard to pay attention to your kid when everyone is screaming and pointing aggressively."

After Cassie ran her solo a couple more times, she was off to her technique classes which she has scattered throughout the day. She's been trying to find a time to talk to the elite girls, but it's been difficult because everyone has been ignoring her since last weekend's competition. It's been hard on Cassie who enjoys talking to people, but she would never let it show that she was being left out. She couldn't wait for the select team to come back.

She had adopted Sarah as a little sister of sorts. So, when Cassie saw Sarah struggling with some of the ballet in the group number, she went to one of the open rooms and helped Sarah with her technique until they were called in again to run their dances.

DAY OF THE COMPETITION

The ALDC bus pulled up to the competition just moments after the Candy Apples did. Cassie immediately understood why the group hated Cathy after calling Gino a castoff both Cassie and Amelia lost all respect for the woman. Abby led the group to the dressing to start getting ready for the duet and solo. A whirlwind of hair, make-up and running dances ensues along with some worry over Cathy's choreographer being Abby's friend or something like that.

Cassie starts to run her dance in the corner Gianna gives her corrections as she goes. As soon as Abby steps into the room the focus turns to the duet, and they start rehearsing. And since solos are first she ends up going backstage alone as none of the girls volunteered to go with her. Instead choosing to wait with Maddie and Gino.

But none of this mattered to Cassie. She was here to dance and to win and as nice as it would be to have her teammates with her it doesn't matter because as soon as she steps on that stage and finds her mom and dad, cheering her on in the crowd it's all worth it.

"And next up is number 72, Cassandra with Bird Box."

The cheers and applause she got made up for every time she had been ignored by the girls this week and the hug, she got from her mom afterward made all the practice and hard work she endured through the week worth it.

Eventually, it was time for the duets ALDC vs Candy Apples. Both duets were good but who would know until awards. Everyone rushed to the dressing room to start getting ready for the group.

"Cassandra come here," Abby calls.

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Your solo was absolutely fantastic!" Abby cheered and then hugged her.

Cassie beamed it was nice to get a compliment from someone who wasn't related to you.

"Thank you, ma'am," Cassie said and gave both Abby and Gianna a hug.

The rush to get changed into the costumes for the group number a crazy as well as trying to run the number. The girls headed backstage where they were met by the Candy Apple's team. Cassie flashed them a kind smile and then got in the wings to get ready for the dance.

The Candy Apple's number was first, and Cassie thought it was amazing so when the team passed by after their number had finished, she made sure to compliment them on their performance.

The ALDC group number was going great it was a beautiful number and Cassie made sure to execute every move flawlessly. All was going well until Chloe slipped and fell, she made a quick recovery, but the damage was done. As the dance finished and the girls came off the stage Chloe was in tears, Cassie was quick to try and help soothe her, but was just as quickly pushed away as the Elite girls went to support their teammate. Cassie decided to let it go and just head back to the dressing room and grab her ALDC jacket for awards. When she was stopped by a boy wearing a red Candy Apple's jacket.

The boy had dark styled hair and hazel eyes, "You okay?" he asked

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Cassie wondered.

"I saw the way your team treated you just then. Does that happen a lot?"

"Honestly it just started this week..."

"My name is Liam and if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to talk to me." He said as he offered her his number

"My name is Cassandra, but you can call me Cassie." Smiled and put the number into her phone

"You should consider joining the Candy Apple's, she may be crazy but at least we don't treat each other like that."

"I'll consider it." She says with a smile as she gives him a wave and stalks off towards the dressing room to get her jacket.

AWARDS

Duets/Trios

"In second place, act number 16 'This Girl's Just Gotta Be Kissed." Gino got up to claim the award.

"And your first overall winner is act number 15, 'Stars Align."

Group Awards

"Second Overall is act number 33, 'Conspiracy.'" Cassie looks over to the Candy Apple's Liam looks disappointed but once he meets her stare he perks up and smiles at her.

"And your first overall, Broken Dolls." the girls pulled out a win. The group rushes to collect their prize.

Solos

"Your first overall is number 72, Bird Box" Cassie hopped up and skipped to pick up her prize.

The girls come running into the dressing room cheering, Cassie finds her mom and hugs her.

"I am relieved, is the word. 'Relieved.'" Abby starts, "Chloe, I've seen it happen to a ton of kids. You do a battement, and the bottom foot...shoo...goes right out from underneath you. It can hurt your hip."

"Abby, now that you got your win...I mean, what are you thinking? Sarah's on a winning streak now." Christy questions.

"Working with Sarah this week...took a little extra energy, a little extra time." that answer did not please Christy.

"Gino in that duet...I don't need Maddie to be second." Poor Gino, Cassie thought.

"I have come to a decision in my mind, and I'm going to go ahead and send Gino and his stuff and I need to have you leave immediately."

"What do you mean by that?" Gino's dad probes.

"He was brought into my studio as a guest."

"Okay."

Just as they had started to pack up their belongings when Christy decided to stir the pot, "Mickey, I think Abby has seen the light."

"Shut up already." He snaps back.

"She's not saying anything like that," Holly the peacemaker to the rescue.

"He was fabulous!" Jill said trying to make Gino feel better.

"There's nothing wrong with him; he's a good kid."

"Thank you anyway. Goodbye." The boys soon leave the dressing room

It didn't take long for the rest of the girls to finish packing up their stuff and head out of the dressing room.

"Mom I'm not sure if I want to be on the elite team anymore," Cassie told her mom on the ride home.

"Do you want to find a new studio?" Amelia asked.

"I want to stay on the select team, but if Abby gets rid of it maybe we could go somewhere else."

"Do you have an idea of where'd you want to go?"

"Yeah, I think I might..." Cassie trailed off thinking of her conversation with Liam.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

96.1K 1.1K 48
Cassie is a twelve year old girl who loves to dance. What happens when the Abby Lee Dance Company is looking for new dancers to join the team. Will C...
25.1K 374 23
Paris Anderson have been dancing since she was 4 years old. She's self taught, When she hit the age 6 she started competitive dance. By the age 10 sh...
11.6K 25 26
Meet Dominic Miller, the adopted son of dance teacher Abby Lee Miller as he helps his mother lead the Abby Lee Dance Company and even though he doesn...
10.8K 58 19
Spencer Miller, the son of dance teacher Abby Lee Miller along with Vivi-Anne Miller, who is Spencer's sister and Abby's daughter helps lead the Abby...