ride till we die

By nevcau

Fast and furious based novel. Oc based. Read first page to gain a better ish insight on book contents. More

small info dump
chapter 1 : long ago promises
chapter 2 : many goodbyes
chapter 3: life goes on
chapter 4 : race plans
chapter 5 : the set up
character portfolio
chapter 6: freindly talk
chapter 8: race day part 2
chapter 9 : the final line
chapter 10 : new rights
chapter 11 : small debts
chapter 12 : growing up
chapter 13 : the news
chapter 14 : the calm before the storm
chapter 15 : one happy moment
chapter 16: gift giving
chapter 17 : core memory
chapter 18: pre plan
chapter 19 : smashed
chapter 20: journeys
chapter 21: the world turns dark
chapter 22 : life draining
chapter 23: present life
chapter 23: returns
chapter 24 : fun and games
chapter 25 : loser
chapter 26: you asshole
chapter 27 : growing suspicion
chapter 28 : i dont like him
chapter 29 : deeper meanings
chapter 30 : drunk admission
chapter 31 : cold feeling
chapter 32: Rage
chapter 33 : dont make me regret this
car list
chapter 34 : leave me alone
chapter 35 : twist
chapter 36: jelousy
chapter 37: feeling whole
chapter 38 : mistakes were made
chapter 39 : safe but not
chapter 40 : scum
chapter 41 : happiness ends with you
chapter 42 : happiness ends with you P2

chapter 7 : race day

23 0 0
By nevcau

Taylor's Pov

I slowly make my way across the school track field towards the forest that lines the outskirts.

I make a long treck through the forest and make my way towards the small clearing where hidden amongst the trees is a road that goes towards the local town.

I look up and down the road before continuing along the side of it and turning into a trail.

Up this trail is the location of where my freinds and I work on and store our  cars.

I make my way up the dirt path and open up the metal barn door   this is where I met with the sight  of the cars.

The metal  barn is a sizable one with enough room to hold 3 cars.

I walk over to the light switch and turn it on I look around and locate my tool box that was pushed up against the wall near my car.

I sigh and walk over to my car taking in all its glory.

The first car I won in a street race.

I wiped the floor with my opponent and won myself his subaru Impreza.

That's also how I met Kieran he was the one who let me race in his car he bet that I couldnt race and that I was only a groupy.

I remember telling him I'll prove that I wasnt a groupy and that i could probably beat the best racer there.

He scoffed at me and asked with what car.

I laughed back at him and said in a plain tone I was gonna race in his.

He laughed at this and said I was on he the preceded to pick out the person I was going against who also happend to be the best racer there that title was short lived as I soon proved he was nothing compared to me.

That poor man lost his car his title and his dignity that night.

I relished in it.

I soon snap back into reality as I hear someone enter the barn behind me.

"Alright T" I hear Keiran greet me I turn around and grin at him.

"Alright stone were where you this morning" I said as I clapped him on the back.

"Overslept"he yawned as he made his way over to his car.

A white Lancer evo

"What u working on with your car T" Kieran ask as he takes a tool out from his tool box.

"Just tightening the suspension a bit it was a bit lose last time I raced that shit cost me I ain't having that again especially when I plan on beating Danny tonight"i say as I start  jacking up the car i then stop and start to unbolt the cars  left wheel.

"Alright listen I ain't gonna race tonight but I'll come down with you" Kieran shouts over to me.

"Any reason why" I question my best mate.

"Nah just not really wanting to race"Kieran says with a shrug.

The door of the barn opens again to reveal  Mitchell and faye.

"Hey" I call over to them both with a wave.

"Hi T" Faye says with a smile as she walks to the back of the barn where a loan sofa sat.

She then throws herself into the sofa corner with her feet chucked up on the seat.

"When we leaving for the race then" Faye questions as Mitchell makes his way to my side after he shut the barn door.

"Well its 5  now and the races dont start till 7 so I say half 6"i drawl off to her.

"Ughhh that's so far away"faye moans as she flips herself on her tummy.

"If your that bored already u can do me a job and sort out that corner"i say as I point to the barn corner we consider the "kitchen" with a table coverd in papers, bottles, oil rags and tools.

A small fridge, cabinet sides and a bin  stood behind the main table I have many fond memories of the nights we sat at that table.

Faye then sits up and looks over at the corner.

She sighs and then walks over to it opening up the cabinet to retrieve a binbag.

"Thanks beautiful"i call back to her I then look over at Mitchell.

"So what you got planned mick"i question as he starts up his laptop on my car bonnet.

"Just gonna hook up and see how your cars going I  suggest you take a look at the new parts you fitted the over day"

"Was already on it after I finished this year supsnsion" I state to him.

"Yo T this came for you by the way violets been through your letters again and thought she take the liberty to deliver this to  you lucky she couldnt find you and gave it to me instead" Kieran says as he hand me a white envelope.

I take the envelope from his hand and turn it over to read the front I immediately know who it's from and smile to myself.

"I'm gonna go for a quick smoke I'll be back"i say to my friends as I pit my tool down and make my way out the barn.

"Did anyone else catch her smile"Kieran asked the rest of his mates.

I stop around the side of the  barn and lean up against the metal wall.

I take the cigarettes out of my pocket aswell as my lighter and light one.

I then turn the envelope once again and open it.

I'm hit with the usual smell of lavender that came along with the letters.

Hi T

I miss you like crazy. I will not lie to you theres not alot going on here I still have my job at the racers edge.

I'm only doing reception jobs at the moment but it's still something.

Jack's been helping me settle in which is nice I've also been having tea with your parents alot I think their starting to love me more hahah.

Mrs cringle still a bitch she gave me a detention not long ago for you never guess anwsering her question.

I miss you T I cant wait for you to get back.

Love your favourite person
Hailee xxxx

I sighed out as I took the last drag of my cigarette.

Authors note

Here have a second chapter xx

Byeee
NC :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.4K 1.1K 23
"Soldiers don't cry" Scarlett Barnes is the daughter of James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier. She was born in a HYDRA facility when her parents...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
113K 1.9K 13
4 year old Jodi woke up in a box to a one way trip to hell a.k.a the glade. she will soon find out that she is related to one of the gladers and,will...
2.9K 53 20
Stella and Ray arch enemies. Who would have thought that underneath Ray's cocky, conceited and bully image he might have different feelings for her...