Myth to Reality (Male reader...

By Nevan-UniverseDragon

(A little side project to give you all something to read) Everyone one is told of fairy tales as a child. Som... More

Ghost 1
Ghost 2
Ghost 3
Ghost 4
Ghost 5
Ghost 6
Ghost 8
Ghost 9
Ghost 10
Ghost 11
Ghost 12
Ghost 13
Ghost 14
Ghost 15
Ghost 16
Ghost 17
Ghost 18
Ghost 19
Ghost 20
Ghost 21
Ghost 22
Ghost 23

Ghost 7

3.3K 102 61
By Nevan-UniverseDragon

Y/n sat there by the fire as he waited for the girls to finally be out of sight. His expression dropped to a serious one as he looked over to the rocks no to far from his left.

"Come out already" He demanded as his eyes trailed the movement of an individual. Its appearance reminded him of the beast he fought in the cave. Black fur, large spiked arms, a tail, and a white head resembling a mutated skull.

"Your definently different than the last one. Let me guess, Varkus sent you to kill me?" Y/n clenched his fists as they began emitting smoke.

"Your first guess is correct, however my orders weren't to kill you, rider" The beasts voice was deep and gravely, it crawled along all fours and slowly got closer to its target. "My orders were to bring you to him"

"Hate to burst your bubble, but that's gonna be quite the task for you" His irises began giving off a golden glow, small flames being produced on the backs of his hands. "Got a name like the last one?"

"I have no name, I relinquished it a long time ago" The beast began its charge at the boy with intense speed despite its proportions. Y/n stepped out of the way as the beast crashed into the fire pit, scattering the burning wood everywhere.

"Your speed is a little slower than Drake's, I'm not impressed" The boy gripped the air before a ball of flames formed. He hurled it towards the beast as it impacted with its back. He was surprised to not see any burns on the beasts back.

It turned to face the boy as it rolled its shoulders with a grunt. "Your pathetic flames won't dent my defenses" It got low once more as it charged at him again. Y/n Stood his ground and grabbed onto its horns when it got close, skidding across the sand before coming to a halt.

The beasts claws and Y/n boots dug into the sand as they both put their strength into pushing the other. Y/n felt his control drop as his body seemingly acted on its own. His knee burst into flames as he quickly kneed its chin, staggering the beast before he sent a flaming palm strike to its chest, sending it flying across the beach.

"A little warning next time will you?" He spoke to the rider once he gained control back, shaking the fire off his hand as he kept his eyes locked to where the beast lay.

"With the commotion we've already caused, its bound to attract their attention since they didn't leave in time. So we may as well speed things up" The rider spoke within his head, mentally gesturing towards the top of the hill.

All five girls were standing there with worried looks on their faces. Y/n took notice as his own worry rose for their safety. "All of you need to get out of here!-"He was cut off as a boulder was hurled at him, crashing into and forming a sand cloud.

"Y/n!" Akali wasted no time in leaping down the hill, only for something much larger than herself to appear from thin air, stopping her in her tracks.

This beast was also humanoid, its lower body seeming to be made of wood, same with its arms. It had red patches of fur, and its head was that of a demonic looking skull.

It made no sound and no sudden movements, simply staring down at the ninja with a menacing aura that made her take a few leaps back. "What the hell are these things"

"I must apologize, but I can't have any of you interfering" A feminine voice sounded which caught the girls attention. This woman had scarlet red hair and golden eyes. She held a tablet within her left hand.

"We have every right to. Now explain yourself" Evelynn drmanded as her lashers manifested. The other girls readied themselves, minus Seraphine who had no experience with combat.

The scientist looked to her table, profiles of all the girls showing up. "Our operation is of no concern to any of you. Beings like yourselves have no role in this. And my boss doesn't need any more variables"

As if on command, the new beast raised its arm, branches slowly protruding from the limb until it was sent forward. Its arm extended rapidly, aiming right for Akali was dodged, feeling some of the branches graze her.

Its arm was then pulled back, retracting back to normal size as it slowly sauntered over to the ninja. It stopped as it was pelted with energized bullets and fox fire.

The flames that Ahri had sent seemed to linger on its body, charring its structure as it now set its sights on the kitsune. "Looks like its not so good with flames"

"We'll cover you then, keep hitting it till it burns away" Evelynn and Akali dashed at the beast, striking at various spots on it to keep it distracted. Each gash that was left seemed to mend itself, aside from any of the scorched spots on its body.

Kai'sa was firing energized bullets from alien firearm like constructs that surrounded her hands as she dashed about with insane speeds. This gave Ahri opportunities send fox fire at the beast, burning more of its body.

As for Seraphine, she could only stand by and watch her friends fight the beast, who was now staying immobile, their attacks doing little make it move. She steeled herself before running down the hill, making her way to a downed Y/n who was slowly sitting up. "Y/n"

"I thought I told you guys...to get out of here.."He shook his head as sand fell from his hair. The pinkette kneeled down as she slowly helped him stand up.

"Your our friend, we aren't just gonna sit back and watch you take a beating" She states her reasoning, not exactly giving Y/n any room to argue.

"You are all incredibly naive" The first beast that Y/n was dealing with emerged from where it landed, its sights set on the two. "You really think that you, a lowly human without a single shred of power can help out a rider?! Don't make me laugh!"

The beast charged forward, ready to ram into the two. Y/n made a quick dash as he knelt to a knee. He then sprung his body up, shoulder checking the beast in the torso and sending it into the air. It hung in the air for a few seconds before it landed on its back with grunt.

Y/n climbed up onto it, stomping his boot against its neck to block off its air. The beast tried to grab him with both arms, but the boy simply grabbed them by the wrists as he bore his gaze at the empty sockets.

"I would have liked it better if you didn't say that. You know how difficult it is trying to keep a low profile everywhere I go?" He complains a little as his hands began emitting smoke. His iris's turning a bright fiery orange.

The beast, who was at the boys mercy knew what was coming. It had been informed of the riders abilities and to not underestimate him. It could feel its wrists being singed due to the heat from his hands, slowly catching ablaze. And those eyes were sending warnings through its body as he began thrashing around, trying to get him off. "No! Stop this, get off of me!!"

"Noxus was difficult as is, at least here should be less of a hassle" He still went on his mini rant before taking a deep breath. "Forget it, they were bound to find out anyway so at least you saved me the trouble, but now I have an explanation to give" A few spots of flame bursted to life along his face as he opened his mouth.

What the members of K/DA and the scarlet haired scientist witnessed was unlike what they've ever seen. The beast was screaming in agony as its body was combusting into searing hot flames that slowly turned it into ashes. Both the flames and ashes were then sucked up into the boys mouth until there was nothing remaining.

"Thank you for the meal partner, it was quite filling" The rider spoke inside the boys head as all the flames died down.

"Yeah, whatever. You were gonna start complaining to me about it anyways" Y/n the turned toward the scientist, both staring at each other. "Well? What else you got for me?"

The scientists golden eyes traced over the boy, contemplating her next course of action before concluding with the most logical choice. "It seems this mission was a failure. No mater, lord Varkus would understand. Till next time Rider"

She began to leave the area, the creature that the girls were attacking left with her, now leaving them all to themselves, and for the situation to fully sink in.

Y/n turned to face the closest one, being Seraphine, who had a look of shock on her face. When he looked to the others who were still on the hill, Akali had shared Seraphines shock. As for the other three, he could see the fear in their eyes, and notably Evelynn's.

"Lets get going, we don't wanna linger any longer than we should" The boy begins walking off the beach and to his bike, waiting for the girls to collect themselves before they got into Evelynn's SUV.

'I can tell this will lead to some trust issues, lets just hope this goes over smoothly' He thought to himself as he hopped onto his bike, driving off as the SUV trailed behind him.

Meanwhile at the facility down in Zaun. Varkus was sitting down in his office, looking down at profiles of people and criminals alike. A look of thought written all over him.

A knock to the door brought him out of his thoughts as he looked up from all the papers. "Come in" He tells who ever was waiting outside, said person opening the door and entering. The scarlet haired scientist entered the room, her tablet still in hand. "I see you have returned, what do you have to report?"

"The retrieval was ultimately a failure. Subject 459 was killed by the Rider" She hands him the tablet after pulling up a recording of the conflict. "His overall statistics need to be updated for human state"

Varkus watched the fight which was admittedly quite quick, but it was to be expected. "The penance stare, the ability to burn the soul until nothing is left, or simply devour it out of existence. Hm?" He explained the phenomenon that had happened with the subject, before taking notice of five girls that were there. "Now what's this?"

"As you can more than likely guess, the rider had company with him. Those five are an idol group called K/DA" The scientist says, profiles of all said girls coming up on the tablet.

"Hmm. A normal girl. A fox Vastayan. A ninja from a long dead clan. An escaped experiment from the greed realm. And a demon from the lust realm. Hehe, what an odd yet interesting group" Varkus was fascinated with the type of people Y/n has decided to be around. He sat the tablet down as he looked up at her. "How has Silas been doing"

"Silas has shown incredible results. His strength isn't the best, but he makes up for that with speed and agility. The power he was gifted with has also been improving at a steady rate" She tells him of the results they have currently seen from one of their newly acquired members.

"I like what I'm hearing. Keep conducting tests, increase the difficulty if need be" He orders the scientist as she bows, beginning to take her leave. Varkus then had a thought as he said one more thing. "Would you be willing to seek the aid of your brothers?"

She stopped just as she opened the door. Her golden eyes had a mix of surprise and guilt written in them. She turned to her boss before asking. "May I ask why sir?"

"Once everything is ready, we are gonna need some helping hands to keep the Rider busy. I'm sure your brothers would be perfect for the job" He reasons as he had a mysterious glint in his eyes.

The scientist contemplated such a decision. She hand't contacted her family in so long, so it would seem odd if she suddenly showed up and asked for help. She also had no clue what he had planned, but complied anyway. "I'll see if I can request their aid. Though I doubt some of them will accept"

"That's perfectly fine. The gate should be completed on the bottom most level of the facility, feel free to use it" She gives a small nod before leaving the room. Varkus never dropped his sinister smile as he pulled up a few files for the scientist, and the aforementioned brothers of hers. "Even just one or two of them will do. They can surely get the job done"

With the scientist, she wandered the facility until she reached on of the larger elevators, stepping inside before pressing a button labeled B8. The heavy metal doors closed, and she felt the elevator begin to descend.

She cast her gaze down to the floor as she moved her left hand to grab her tight shoulder. The wrinkles in her lab coat showed that she was grabbing onto a stump instead. She felt nervous about this situation, she didn't know how her siblings would react to such a sudden visit, much less a request.

It didn't take long for the elevator to reach the bottom. The doors opening to reveal a massive room. The many lights coming on as she could see the structure at the centre of the room. It was a large circular device, being at least 50ft tall.

She walked over to a panel nearby, typing coordinates in, before pressing the launch button with some hesitance. The machine began wiring with energy, sparks of electricity striking out to the centre of the ring until a swirling red portal burst to life. Strong winds blowed throughout the room, blowing her coat rapidly as she caught her footing.

"He should at least be the more reasonable one" She says to herself before making her towards the swirling vortex, and entering on through it.

When she came out the other side, she was inside of a cave, and a rather hot one at that. The heat was making her sweat, and there was a stream of lava not to far from her. The most notable part was the hole that seemed to lead into a large area of this cave.

She took in a deep breath before passing the threshold, the massive cavern was absolutely horrific. Piles of bodies littered the cavern, along pillars of corpses. Some lava falls poured from the ceiling of and either made some pools or dissapeared into the floor. What caught her eyes was the mass at the centre in a pool of lava.

She carefully walked over, stopping just a few feet from the pool. She took in a deep breath before yelling out to this mass in front of her. "Brother!"

She watched this mass move about, seeming to un-coil a little, as a giant shadow loomed over her. The presence of this beast alone sending a sense of worry through her. A low but rather loud growl sounded from this creature as she spoke to it. "I need a favor"

(Chapter 7 is now done! Sorry this took quite a while to get done, work and sleep have been eating up my time, and I thank you for being patient with me. As always, leave a vote, leave a comment, and I'll see you all in the next one! Ciao!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 531 10
With just one song, K/DA rose to the top of the music industry, stealing the hearts of many. To procure the safety of the members, Riot Entertainment...
8.6K 485 7
REWRITTEN INTO SKYVIEW DISCONTINUED As CEO of the famous record company UAM Entertainment, (Y/N) (L/N) had it all. Good looks, money, and all the pow...
43.2K 815 30
Runeterra, a world filled with wild fantasies people could only dream of. The world is in a more modern era as of now, and there have been conflicts...
54.9K 1.4K 52
-Y/N L/N was once a boy, born and raised in Ionia, exposed to the magic and pure unspoiled beauty of the region. Being of Vastayan descent, it came n...