Mind Over Fangs

By SexiLexiLovesTacos

Dahlia Carson always knew she was special. She could mind control, feel other's emotions, and predict how rel... More

Mind Over Fangs
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 2
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 4
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 5
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 6
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 7
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 8
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 9
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 10
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 11
Mind Over Fangs Chapter 12

Mind Over Fangs Chapter 3

299 3 0
By SexiLexiLovesTacos

I woke up in a red satin room. Everything was blood red- the curtains, the sheets, the walls, the carpet, EVERYTHING. All the wood was a dark mahogany. I sat up dazed, no clue where I was. Everything seemed blurry. 

"mmm...Mmm, where am I?" I said blearily. 

"Look this way, darling." I heard a voice call from the doorway. 

My vision cleared to see a boy my age, maybe a year or two older, standing in the doorway. He had long straight raven black hair the color of midnight, and eyes the same shade as rubies. He had a lean body, and was fairly tall... He was taller than me. He bore a red T-shirt and dark jeans, with a dark leather jacket. He had a crooked smile with glistening white teeth. What I DID notice though, is two canines in the front of his mouth, curving in threateningly.

My eyes widened and I scooted back on the bed. 

"Vampires don't exist, vampires don't exist, vampires don't exist!!!" I kept telling myself.

"Oh, but psychics are, my dear." There came that voice again. That voice I was drawn to. 

I looked up at him, doing my best to guard my eyes as everything came back to me. 

"Where's Felicity?!" I demanded. He smiled lazily and shrugged, slinking into the room gracefully and shutting the door behind him. He walked over to the edge of the bed, and even though he was close, I didn't flinch this time. 

"Felicity? Who's that?" Realization went across his face. "Oh, the red-head... Hell if I know." he said casually. I jumped up, not caring if he was some dangerous and beautiful mythical beast.

"Now listen here you fairy, you better tell me where my best friend is, or I'll..." I trailed off. He cackled.

"Do what? Send your big, bad, werewolf best friend after me? This isn't Twilight, darling. And I do NOT sparkle." He spat out the last words. I looked around the room frantically for something to hit this dude with. 

"Look, I don't know what you're talking about, psychics and whatnot. I just want to go home, and go to my bed, and hopefully not get arrested for running away from school. So, if you will excuse me..." I ran to the door. But he was faster. He easily got in front of me and blocked the doorway.

"How-" My words were muffled by his cold hands. 

"Now will you listen, darling? I know you're a psychic, and you came because of the screeching noise I set in the woods. See?" he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked to be a little pocket alarm clock. "Now, you press this button and-" the screeching began, only this time, I was right up next to it. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground, covering my ears. I swore I felt the blood rushing to my head. It felt like my heart was going to burst, too. The boy smirked and turned off the mechanism. I panted, staying on the floor. I was on the verge of curling into a fetal position. I saw a hand down next to me. He was going to try and help me up...

I snorted, slapping his hand away and standing up, acting as if I was brushing dust off of myself. 

"Douche." I muttered. He faked surprise.

"I don't think you should talk to the head of this household like that, dear. Who knows? He could throw you into the river with a brick,  or perhaps make you his personal sex slave. Or..." He stepped closer to me threateningly. "He could just suck you dry of all blood. I'm sure he'd enjoy that." He licked his lips, making him seem even more scary. I gulped. This was NOT how I wanted to spend my life. 

"B-But- what do you want me for?" I said, intimidated. A look of triumph passed across his face as he stepped back, and started pacing the room. I sat down on the bed.

"I need a psychic's power to 1) strengthen my own, 2) help me get past the guards at my castle, and 3) Without one, the spell I want won't work. And you were specifically what I wanted, Dahlia." he explained. I looked at him astonished, for he knew what my name was.

He must've noticed me staring at him, because he turned and "hmphed." 

"What? Oh! I've learned AND heard about you. You're extremely powerful, even if you don't think so. I just had to have you for my own." That ticked me off.

"I am NOT property! I'm a living breathing person! And you, you're some sorta stalker who I don't know a thing about but apparently knows all about me-" 

"Casey. My name. It's Casey." he interrupted. I blinked. Where have I heard that name before?

"Is your last name Davis? And you had a twin named-" he nodded.

"Jeremy." I finished, then looked at him shocked. "But, we thought you were dead... One of Daddy's officers found your body on the side of the road last year..." Realization hit me. "Drained of blood. Then your body went missing the next hour." He leaned against the dresser.

"Get it now, princess? You were a grade below me, I was a Junior. You, a sophomore. I'm not a stalker, in a little town like this, everybody knew everybody. Remember?" he snorted.

I looked at him, unamused.

"You want me to prove it? Fine. Your name is Dahlia Carson. You're in the theatre group, and you love to act. You're beta club vice president, and a straight A student. Your father is the chief of police, and you're an only child. You're usually grouped into the goth/nerd/emo group. And, even though you've been asked out quite a few times and have dated 7 guys, you haven't had your first kiss." He smirked. I looked at him indignantly.

"I'm just waiting for the right guy, that's all. It's not like people haven't tried!" I cried. I realized I must sound like a preppy idiot, so I started speaking again.

"And then Jeremy went missing soon after that..." I looked at him questioningly. "Is he one too?" One as in vampire.

He nodded weakly, and I noticed a look of fury in his eyes. "That slimy spineless piece of nothing? Yeah, he is. But he gives them a bad name. Little traitor..." He snarled. I jumped and he sent me a half apologetic, half amused look. 

"Bite me." I snorted, then realized who... WHAT I was talking to. He smirked and leaned down on the bed I was sitting on, right above me. 

"You do realize I'll take that offer up immediately, right?" he murmured huskily. I looked around nervously.

"Heh... Yeah. Scratch that..." I bit my lip, trying to focus on anything but those beautiful eyes. I was so drawn... No! Lia, you don't need to think about him that way. The way his eyes watched your biting lip, the way HIS lips were perfectly kissable...

He smirked. I must've said that out loud. "You think my lips are kissable?" he asked smugly. Yup, I did. His eyes slowly moved from my lips to my eyes. He leaned in closer, and I could feel his breath on me. Heat rose to my cheeks.

"N-No! Arrogant p-pig!" I stuttered, trying to push him away, but failing. Dang, he was as sturdy as a rock! He laughed and held up his hands, withdrawing. I sighed.

"What happened to Jeremy?" I asked. Curiosity got the best of me all the time. This time was one of them. He looked at me disgustedly.

"My 'brother'" he spat out the word like it was the name of a terrorist. "left after he got a hold on Felicty. I was telling the truth when I said I didn't know where she was. Jeremys got her. He was always talking about how the Kraulis, basically this organization of rogue vampires, but they're still counted as councilmen, knows how to take over so the rightful species, vampires, are dominant. It's sort of like the Kraulis as the evil vampires... Although, we're all evil. We have no souls. But people like me, are basically the lesser of two evils. You get it?" he continued before I could answer. He sat down on the bed. "Anyway, we were going to use both of you, you and Felicity. But Jeremy must've had something snap inside his brain. He took Felicty out of her room while she was still unconscious and left. I don't know why he took her, I mean, between you and her, I would choose you." He stopped and seemed to backtrack inside his head as I started to blush. "I mean, because of your ability. Yeah, let's go with that." I giggled. He snorted and continued AGAIN. "But he's gone. And he's powerful. He can easily munipulate humans, and he can control fire. Like I said, I have no clue why he took Felicty."

"I do..." I said quietly. He looked at me. Now it was my turn to be longwinded.

"Felicty and Jeremy had a... A thing." Now it was his turn to be shocked. "Last year, they snuck around, seeing eachother..."

FLASHBACK

I noticed Felicity rushing out of school early. Curious, I followed my best friend. She twisted and rushed through crowds of students, heading towards the back doors of the school. 

"That's odd..." I thought. She's been acting secretive lately. She turned around, looking to see if anyone saw her and I quickly hid behind the stairs. She nodded to herself and whisked through the doors. I hurried after her, opening and closing the door behind me. I barely saw her striped shirt go around the brick corner. I took a breath, my heart pounding. What is she doing? I slowly tiptoed to the corner, peeking around it, and my eyes widened. 

Felicty was pushed up against the wall, necking with Jeremy Davis, who was a grade above us. His hands trapped her against the wall, but she didn't mind. Her hands was going through his mahogany hair. I jumped out.

"Felicity!" I exclaimed accusingly. The two jumped apart, sharing guilty looks. I looked at Jeremy, furious. 

"GET OUTTA HERE!" I screamed furiously. He glared at me, not moving. Angrily, I stomped over and elbowed him into the wall. "I. Said. Leave." I repeated through gritted teeth. He snarled but left. Jeremy was usually a sweet guy, to people he likes. I knew that much. He can be a jerk. This time was one example.

I turned to Felicty, my anger still lingering. She glared at me. 

"Why did you do that?!" She screamed. I curled my hands into fists, trying to control my short temper.

"What are you doing sneaking around with Jeremy Davis and not telling your best friend?!" I shot back. Felicty glared but didn't retort. Instead, her tone changed.

"Lia, don't tell ANYONE. I'd never hear the end of it, and I wouldn't be allowed to see him. He's... Amazing. He's different." she went on.

I sighed. "No offense, Li-Li, but you say that about most guys." I said exasperatedly. She glared at me icily.

"But I'm serious this time. He understands me. I'm surprised you just now caught on. We've been sneaking around for 4 months." My temper flared again. "Anyway," she continued quickly "He's one I want to spend the rest of my life with, Lia. He's my one."

I waved my hand and started walking down the sidewalk, towards the front of the school. "Whatever." I muttered, hurrying off.

END OF FLASHBACK

"And after Jeremy dissapeared, she was devastated. She wasn't the same since. Jeremy... Did something to her. She got meaner, and more nastier. She cut down myself and several more of our friends. I was still her best friend, but secretly, I resented it. I guess their feelings still lingered." I said slowly. Casey looked deep in thought. 

"Well, this'll be fun to go up against. " he muttered. 

"What?" I asked. He waved his hand and got up. 

"I might as well give you a tour, sex slave." he snickered and started walking towards the door.

I snorted and crossed my arms stubbornly. He sighed.

"Fine. Guess I got to take you the hard way." His red eyes flashed and suddenly I had no control of my body.

My legs swung to the ground and I stood up. I started walking mechanically towards the door.

"What the hell?!" I screamed. Casey laughed.

"C'mon, darling. Lighten up." he smirked, and I continued to walk towards him. I stopped right in front of him, my chest brushing his. He looked down at me, still smirking. "You know how easy it would be to make you kiss me?" he grinned. I continued to struggle against his power, getting a little more feeling in my body then I did.

"Yes. But I have a little thing called.." More feeling. "willpower." He frowned, then leaned in towards my face.

"Oh, but you can't resist me." he murmured, slinking his arms around my waist. I bit my lip, and his eyes traveled down to it. An idea blossomed in my head. I looked at him through my eyelashes.

"No... You're right. I can't. Your body calls to me." I said in a low voice. I slowly moved my arms around his neck, which hurt extremely bad because he still had a bit of a hold on me. He smirked as I wrapped my leg around his.

"I knew it. Finally I get some action." he purred, his face getting closer and closer to mine. Meanwhile, I was wiggling my fingers to try and see if I could control them, and my whole hand was moving. I bit my lip to keep me from laughing. I counted to myself as I ran my fingers through his hair... His soft hair... Lia!!!

I shook my head. Okay... Three... He got closer to my lips. Two... Even closer... One!

I grabbed his hair and pulled him back, stomping on his toe. I was freed from his grasp. He stepped back, recovering quickly, then all of the sudden he was behind me, holding my arms tightly.

"Not bad. But I'm better, sweetheart." He whispered in my ear. 

"You're fast." I breathed. He chuckled.

"Vampires are amazing." he said, pushing me towards the door.

"Pushy." I snorted, walking on my own towards the door, now in my own control.

I stepped out into a grand hallway, with what color? Red. Abstract paintings littered the walls and a Black rose sat in a glass vase on a small table. I walked over and admired it. It seemed to glisten, even in the flourescent light. 

"Immortal rose, love." I jumped at Casey's voice. I turned. 

"Immortal? How does that work on a rose?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Beats me. It was growing in my parents garden, and when I was young, the gardner dropped it and allowed me to keep it. I always thought it was a good luck charm, so I always kept it with me, even when Jeremy and I moved out." he explained. "Come on, I want to show you how you'll be getting food." He started down a large elegant staircase. I followed him down into an amazing foyer. The black and cream tiles glowed and it looked like out of a storybook. I looked like a weed in a garden full of Tulips when I stood in it. 

"You look so out of place, love." Casey called. I looked over and he was already at another entrance of the huge room.

"He moves too fast." I muttered.

"Vampire speed, dear." he called. He seemed to pause, then continued "Vampire hearing helps, too." I snorted and followed him.

When we walked into the kitchen, an aroma of food filled my nostrils. Pots and pans clanked noisily together as 2 chefs ran around cooking. But there was something odd about the two older men... They looked...

"They're human. They agreed to work here for a place to stay and quite a large sum of money to keep their yaps shut." Casey said. The Chefs nodded at us and went right back to their jobs.

"Um, Alrighty then..." I muttered. Casey whisked past me and crossed the foyer to another door. It looked like it headed outside. I started running across the fancy room, trying to catch up.

"Hey! I'm out of shape here!" I called out, panting. Casey's chuckle echoed through the house. 

"Hurry up then!" I heard his voice say. I walked through the doorway and gasped. I was on this small patio with a fire pit in the middle, and cute little benches. Farther out was a whole garden. Roses, Daffodils, Tulips, Marigolds. You name it, it was there. It was HUGE. Over farther was a gigantic hedge, well over a tall basketball player's head, and right in the middle of the garden, and brick pathway led to a beautiful marble fountain that sparkled in the moonlight.

"It's gorgeous..." I breathed, taking a dazed step off the patio. 

"Yeah. It is amazing, isn't it?" Casey said, who was suddenly behind me. He grabbed my arms, gently, and turned me towards the house. He pointed to another floor, where a balcony overlooked the garden. 

"That's YOUR balcony from your room." he said. I gaped.

"Are you serious? It's amazing." I grinned. He rubbed my arms gently. I looked down and bit my lip. 

"Er... Casey..." I said quietly. He looked at me then looked down, his eyes growing wide.

"Sorry!" he retracted his hands. I pursed my lips. 

"Erm.. I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight kidnapper!" I  called while hurrying back inside and up the grand staircase... I was out of breath halfway up.

"Fail." Casey chuckled from behind me, a few stairs down.

"I... hate... you." I panted. He snickered once more.

"Here." He swept my feet out from under me and carried me up the stairs bridal style effortlessly.

"Okay... Stop making me feel out of shape." I harrumped. 

"Alright." he said and dropped me on the floor, landing on my butt.

"OW!" I yelped, rubbing my backside.

"Ciao!" he called going down the stairs.

I grumbled as I picked myself back up and wandered down the halls to my room. I yawned. As I reached my door, I drowsily looked down the hall, several doors on both sides.

"I wonder what those rooms are for." I wondered, and entered my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...