Darlin and Stud | Bradley Bra...

By lolawarrenzz

When I found out my father was a Naval Aviator- sorry, THE Naval Aviator, Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, I hardly... More

Last Ride
The Hard Deck
Fire
Close
Stud
Top Gun
Confrontation
Anger
First
Perspective
Limits
The Beach
Time
Crash
Fights and Comfort
Mission [Part-1]
Mission [Part-2]

Well Damn

1.9K 29 1
By lolawarrenzz

Hanging up the phone after my conversation with Admiral Bates from Top Gun, I shrug to myself while sighing. Might as well work on some planes while I'm here. So much for a vacation, though.

I'd been called to be the head AT for a top secret mission at Top Gun. They say they're recruiting the best of the best pilots and WSOs. So, I am delighted when I get a call from Bob.

"Guess who's the AT for your Top Gun mission?" I say immediately. I hear him laugh loudly.

"No, shit, Wires. How'd you know?" He says.

"I just got the call and I'm assuming you did too?" I tell him.

"Yes ma'am. I'll be staying on base. Are you just gonna stay at your grandma's?" I confirm his guess with a hum as I take a bite of the food I'd brought with me.

"She didn't pay off the mortgage for nothin." I say with my mouth full.
We stay on the phone for a while before I have a thought.

"Wanna meet up before the mission starts?" I ask, hearing him rustle around, probably with suitcases from the sound of small rolling wheels.

"Duh. Tomorrow? The Hard Deck?" He  asks.

"Yep." I say. We hang up, and I get to unpacking.

I text my dad about being called to work at Top Gun, and he shares my dismay of no longer being on vacation.

"We're about to test Mach 9 tonight." He says cryptically, and I notice that something isn't right.

"What's going on? Is it the plane?" He sighs over the phone

"Cain. He's shutting us down if I don't test mach 10 today." I sit in silence for a moment.

"So test mach 10."I say simply, although it's not.

"What? But our plane isn't-"

"Yeah I know." I cut him off. It'll probably be never fly again.

"Just don't die in the process ok?" I say.

"Alright, sweetie." He says, unsure.
"You'll know what will happen if you don't." I finish the conversation saying I love him, before trying to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Red Bull By LIZY

Fanfiction

87.3K 2.3K 25
What happens when Scarlett's big, fat crush all the way from the naval academy, shows up for a mysterious mission, back at Top Gun? What happens when...
293K 5.6K 29
Bradley 'Rooster' Bradshaw and Rachel 'Hurricane' Mitchell have known each other since Rachel was born, and he was only 3. Despite their age gap, the...
143K 3.2K 14
โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” ๐‹๐€๐ƒ๐˜ ๐Œ๐€๐˜, ORIGINAL.ยฐโ˜… )) IN WHICH top guns best aviators are reunited for a suicide mission. unexpected feelings start to form for a sp...
81K 1.9K 29
๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฅ๐ฒ? ๐๐จ๐› ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ฒ๐? - or in which returning to Top Gun for an important mission turns out to be more than just the question of lif...