MapleShade x reader

By _GoldStar_3411_

I don't really have a good description for this one, as a matter of fact I never have good descriptions... So... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 1

1.1K 21 65
By _GoldStar_3411_

"MapleKit, from this day forward you'll be known as MaplePaw, BloomHeart will be your mentor!" OakStar yowled from the high rock.

Everyone cheered the tortoiseshell she-cat's name happily as she touched noses with her new Mentor.

"You're finally an apprentice!" A/n happily meowed as he touched noses with his friend. MaplePaw purred happily.

She couldn't believe the day had arrived for her to be an apprentice, and she would be able to train with A/n!

"Hi A/n," a golden speckled she-cat mewed as she placed herself beside the p/c Tom. MaplePaw felt her blood begin to boil.

FrecklePaw had been one of A/n's closest friends and MaplePaw felt angry whenever they left camp together for training.

OakStar had even taken a liking to the young Tom as well, "hello FrecklePaw, are you alright?"

"I was actually wondering if you would like to come hunting with me and BirchPaw with our mentors..." FrecklePaw asked shyly, MaplePaw could see her face dusted in pink.

A/n flicked her ears and turned towards MaplePaw, "actually, I was thinking of showing MaplePaw around the territory with BloomHeart, if that's alright?"

FrecklePaw nodded and quickly hopped away to join her brother. BloomHeart nodded in agreement for A/n to join them.

The grey tabby lead the apprentices through the lush forest and soon came across Sunningrocks.

"Woah!" MaplePaw mewed in awe as she saw the glistening river. "Is this RiverClan's boarder?"

"Yes!" A/n stated, "and we are constantly fighting over Sunningrocks!" The Tom then looked up at BloomHeart, feeling embarrassed.

However MaplePaw gave A/n a smile, and the Tom felt his ears heat up and his embarrassment faded away quickly.

"We are at war with RiverClan over Sunningrocks, they have ownership of them now, but we will soon take them back," BloomHeart informed.

Suddenly a RiverClan Patrol arrived at the river, "teaching these apprentices about our glorious victory?" DarkStar snarled.

"Telling them how we are going to claw your ears off," BloomHeart growled back. MaplePaw then set her eyes on a brown Tom of the patrol.

He seemed to be an apprentice too, but not as young as her, DarkStar flicked her tail and called her patrol to follow her down the bank.

"That apprentice is ApplePaw, constantly talking at gatherings he is," A/n scoffed as he padded away with BloomHeart.

MaplePaw walked behind them, looking at A/n as his fur shined in the sunlight. She quickly shook her head as her face heated up.

A/n looked at her with shining eyes, he quickly felt his ears heat up as the beautiful she-cat padded close to her mentor. What was this feeling?

However MaplePaw was too focused on thinking about the pretty brown Tom that was among the RiverClan patrol.

"MapleShade? Hello?" The tortoiseshell she-cat shook her head quickly and looked at W/n, who was waving his paw in her face.

"Huh?" She said in a daze. FreckleWish rolled her eyes, "We're you listening to any of OakStar's speech?"

MapleShade shook her head, feeling her pelt become hot with embarrassment. W/n gently licked her fur to try and comfort her.

"It's fine, he was just mentioning how we are going to be battling against RiverClan in two sunrises."

The tortoiseshell she-cat then remembered, she hadn't gone to meet AppleDusk in some time.

W/n stared into the night sky, heavily sighing before standing up and walking to the warriors den, FreckleWish followed him like a lost kit.

MapleShade rolled her eyes before sneaking out of camp, slowly padding to the RiverClan boarder.

Her thoughts drifted, W/n was a handsome tom, very charming too. Her fur began to feel hot, "whatever, I don't like him that much..."

She didn't really need W/n if she had AppleDusk, besides her love for the RiverClan Tom was far too strong to let go.

They were going to be like this forever!

When she reached the river, the handsome brown Tom was waiting for her. "MapleShade! I thought you wouldn't be arriving."

"I had to listen to OakStar giving out a speech," MapleShade grumbled as she hopped over the stepping stones and nuzzled her mate.

AppleDusk purred happily as he wrapped his tail around her with a smile. MapleShade felt her ears go warm.

"How are things in RiverClan?" The tortoiseshell she-cat asked softly, looking up into AppleDusk's green eyes.

He let out a small sigh, "DarkStar is planning to fight ThunderClan again, she mentioned that at the gathering because ThunderClan have taken it back."

"Yeah, I don't know why we have to fight over some stupid rocks anyway," MapleShade growled as her ears flattened.

"W/n seems to enjoy it, the one who is always followed by FreckleWish?" AppleDusk meowed.

MapleShade felt her fur bristle at the mention of the two cats. But she quickly let her fur lie flat, trying to enjoy the peace under the stars.

Once the sun rose in the sky, MapleShade quickly padded back to camp after saying goodbye to AppleDusk.

She purred as the brown Tom entered her thoughts, he belonged to her and no one else. "MapleShade! Where have you been?!"

W/n ran up to the tortoiseshell she-cat and checked her over, "I couldn't sleep last night so I went out for a walk."

"Honestly when I saw you out of your nest I was worried something happened..." the p/c Tom sighed as his tail brushed her's.

W/n quickly retreated back in embarrassment, MapleShade shook her head as her ears began to heat up. "I can take care of myself..." she grumbled.

"Alright, ThunderClan!" OakStar yowled from the high rock, everyone quickly gathered around as the brown Tom stood proudly, "we are going to reclaim Sunningrocks at sunhigh."

"We will claim Sunningrocks again!" FreckleWish yowled in delight, W/n cheered with her.

BirchFace chuckled at the two and MapleShade only rolled her eyes, "prepare yourselves for the battle!"

W/n quickly grabbed pieces of Fresh kill and shared them with BirchFace and FreckleWish. MapleShade watched them from afar.

Gazing towards BirchFace, it was clear that W/n and him shared such a brotherly bond, even if they weren't related. As apprentices they were seen doing everything together.

MapleShade walked to the fresh kill pile and grabbed a shrew and began to eat it, and began to think about AppleDusk again.

His perfect pelt, and his bright eyes, his charming personality, strong shoulders...

Suddenly MapleShade felt sick and pushed her Shrew away, and turning her gaze towards FreckleWish who was laughing at something W/n had said.

The tortoiseshell quickly felt guilty, many cats had told her that W/n had such a strong feeling towards her, but she didn't believe it when she saw how much time he spent with FreckleWish.

After some time passed, ThunderClan began making their way towards the river, W/n walked beside BloomHeart, his tail lashing.

MapleShade was hoping that the p/c Tom wouldn't meet AppleDusk in battle. OakStar stepped onto a rock, his clan standing at his sides.

DarkStar then emerged from the reeds, anger flashed in her blue eyes. MapleShade saw AppleDusk next to her, his expression unreadable.

With a flick of his tail, OakStar's cats ran at the RiverClan cats, they jumped into action and fought.

MapleShade nervously made her way through the crowd, attacking a ginger Tom to make her look busy as she was searching for AppleDusk.

"W/n!"

The tortoiseshell she-cat looked around as the Tom's name was called out, and her amber eyes widened to see he was battling AppleDusk.

No! They can't hurt each other!

MapleShade tried to run at them to break up the fight but a black she-cat attacked her and tackled her to the ground.

The ThunderClan she-cat kicked her attacker off and clawed her face. She saw BirchFace approach the two battling cats.

AppleDusk swung at the brown tabby and pushed him over the edge, and into the flowing currents.

"BIRCHFACE!" W/n yowled as he put his paw out for his friend to grab however he missed, FlowerPaw jumped in after him. And the two ThunderClan cats sunk into the murky depths.

W/n snarled at the brown Tom beside him and raked his claws across his ear, taking a chunk. OakStar yowled at his clan mates and they attacked ruthlessly.

AppleDusk quickly sprinted away, MapleShade forced her paws to freeze and not go after him. But ThunderClan won the battle and Sunningrocks.

The p/c Tom then looked around in the water, eyes filled with fear.

"W/n..." MapleShade whispered as her friend padded along the riverbank and eventually pulled up BirchFace's body with the help of SeedPelt.

FlowerPaw was retrieved by BeeTail, FreckleWish cried in distress when she saw the body of her brother. "Why? How could this happen?!"

"Quickly, we need to get back to camp..." OakStar whispered, his teeth bared as he grabbed his son's body.

W/n carefully grabbed FlowerPaw and the clan sombrely made their way home in the light rain.

"BirchFace was a brave and wonderful cat," OakStar began as he sat in the high rock, heavily breathing, "he will now walk with StarClan and watch over us..."

W/n cleared his throat, "I loved BirchFace as a brother and I feel like a part of me is lost without him..."

"AppleDusk will pay for taking BirchFace away..." FreckleWish growled as her claws dug into the dirt below.

MapleShade swallowed the anxiety bubbling up inside of her, would they really harm AppleDusk?

W/n crouched beside the brown tabby's body with FreckleWish as the other cats settled down, the air feeling somber and deafening.

"He will be missed," MapleShade mumbled as she crouched beside W/n, who's eyes were cloudy with grief.

"I don't think ThunderClan will ever feel the same without him," the p/c Tom sighed as he rested his head into MapleShade's neck fluff.

She didn't pull away and let him cry into her, MapleShade then saw FreckleWish looking at him with jealousy.

Idk if this chapter is the best :-:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 356 13
Life isn't fair. Zinniapool finds this out the hard way. (ngl this fanfic is the neglected middle child. still finished it!)
27.7K 624 22
✨️ Random oneshots, scenarios and headcanons. ♡ • Reader is mostly female ✨️ English is not my first language, so I apologize for improper grammar or...
196 0 10
What if Fireheart was born a Clan cat? And what if there were six Clans rather than five? Both of those questions get answers, along with other alter...
33.9K 629 28
(This is the remake of my first ever story on Wattpad) A warrior of ThunderClan, W/N, is a proud and noble cat with her brother, WhiteStorm. However...