Bullet Shaped Heart

By taliasbookss

โ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š ๐›๐š๐ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง, ๐‘๐š๐ฒ๐ง๐ž. ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐›๐š๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐ก... More

001.
002.
003.
004.
005.
006.
007.
008.
009.
010.
011.
012.
013.
014.
015.
016.
018.
019.
020.
021.

017.

271 7 1
By taliasbookss

-Carson-

An entire unit of the FBI stormed into the mansion. They arrested everyone in sight.

I looked over to Liliana who stood with her back to one of the SUVs.

"How are you feeling?" The words coming out of my mouth shocked me. I didn't care how she felt. I shouldn't care how she felt. I shouldn't ask.

But I had to.

Her response shocked me even more. "My brother died, Carson. I don't feel anything anymore." She didn't take her eyes off the house as people were escorted out in handcuffs.

She never showed her vulnerability. It was as if this woman was made out of the strongest metal on earth. No matter how many scratches, she'll still appear the strongest on a field full of wounded soldiers.

Jackson came toward us, "This is miraculous. I've gotta tell you, at first, I doubted that you two could actually work together. I thought one of you would be dead by the end of the week."

He wasn't wrong. There were one too many instances where we would have killed each other. The amount of times I've had a knife at my throat in the past month is very questionable.

I saw Liliana flinch when he said the word 'dead' in the corner of my eye. "I'm sure you'll now be pleased to hear that you're not forced to work together anymore, one last mission!" My eyes shot up in surprise.

"What?" I was about to light him on fire.

This fucker made me work with her when I didn't want to, and now when I'm too far into the drug he wants to take it away.

"You accomplished most of what you are supposed to. You can do it on your own now. A race to the finish line, but you have one more mission left before that."

I was always good at hiding my emotions, any emotion, but anger.

I could feel my jaw clenching at his words, "One more mission?"

"Paris. The city of love. You go there bring Jonathan Lincoln in, dead or alive. Doesn't matter." She flinched again. What is up with her?

She cleared her throat, "Jonathan Lincoln?"

"One of the Bronze Dragon's closest men. You get to Jonathan you're one step closer to him."He pauses,
"But there is a little technicality, Only two people can go, if you need back up you call the Parisian FBI or some of your agents could fly if the mission is extended."

Is this man out of his goddamn fucking head?

"Let me get this straight, You want us to go against one of the most lethal Gang leaders in the world and bring him in dead or alive without an ounce of backup?" I could punch him square in the jaw right now.

"Someone needs to be here to protect New York, Kingston." He shrugged his shoulders.

I looked over to Liliana expecting her to tell him he was fucking mental, but instead I was met with a nod and a "Consider it done."

What the actual fuck?

This wasn't bravery. This was recklessness. Plain and simple. Marcus, Nick and my sister walked up to us, "Who's going to Paris?"

Jackson briefly summarized the situation to them.

"I could go with either Marcus or Amelia. We'll get the job done." Her eyes didn't come anywhere near mine. She was focused on Jackson.

Eyes on me. I wanted to pull her face toward me.

"That could work." Jackson nodded. I wasn't going to let her go to Paris without me. I was a "Crazy Fucker" It was my brother's favorite nickname for me.

"No, Nicholas can watch over Argos while I'm gone and Amelia and Marcus over their own organization. Its only a fair fight if one person from each organization is there." My voice was hard. Annoyed.

"I could go." Nick's voice blasted through the silence.

Motherfucker.

He wanted to go so he could be with Liliana.

"I'm the head. I say who goes and who fucking stays." I looked over and the fucker was smiling.

Control your anger.

He's trying to fuck with me.

"Carson's right. You two go. Your flight's tomorrow."

I stormed off away from them and got into my car. The silence was filled suddenly by the sound of my phone ringing.

"Kingston." I muttered into the phone.

"Carson. I need your help in Vegas. The mafia's a fucking mess." Christian.

"I told you I don't want anything to do with it!" I'm fucking tired of this long ass day. I want to fucking sleep.

Sleep is an escape to all the shit I have to go through, but its never ultimately peaceful. I still feel it, the pain, even when I'm unconscious.

"You're the one inheriting it!" Christian yelled.

"Set everyone in it on fire for all I care." I fumbled in my pocket trying to find my cigarette pack.

I had one hand on the steering wheel and used the other to light the cigarette.

11 minutes.

"Is our father still alive?" I asked him awaiting the answer. If he dies my life will be over. I'll be forced to become someone I don't want to ever be.

"He is, but he did break his arm in the field."

"Cut it off. He can live without it." I took a drag from my cigarette.

"You're intolerable lately. When was the last time you got laid?" He fucking chuckled.

2 Months ago. Before I met her.

"I'm not discussing my very exciting sex life with you, Christian."

He laughed even harder, "We always share our stories together!"

His laughter came to a sudden stop, "I'll amputate your father's arm if he bothers me again with the heir and consigliere shit."

"He's your father too." I spoke up.

"Don't remind me." He hung up.

I called Nick, but he didn't answer. I wonder what the fucker's doing.

I wanted to choke him. He was getting close to her. Too fucking close. I don't care. I shouldn't care, but she's our enemy and he's my best agent.
-

About 8 hours later, I had to get up to get to the airport.

I stayed on my bed unable to move. I was gazing into the ceiling. It was as if I was playing a movie tape in my mind.

So many possibilities. So little time to achieve them all.

In reality number one, I stayed doing the job I loved and the mafia never existed. It did of course, but I didn't have a single thing to do with it. I was completely and utterly free of it all.

In reality number two, The plane I'm about to go on fell to the ground and crashed. I died and I was free. I'd probably be going to hell though.

I don't think whoever's up there will feel pity on me just because "My father made me kill my first man at 13."

I doubt they'd give a shit.

In reality number three, the most ridiculous of all, she was in love with me.

It made absolutely no sense. I almost laughed out loud.

I don't deserve to be loved after every horrible thing I've done. No one would fall in love with a monster like that. I was corrupted. I was taught how to inflict pain and suffering, and not how to love.

She was good. She was the meaning of the word. She was put through the worst and still survived. She never lost herself in the midst of it all.

I don't even know who I was. Maybe I was always like this.

All I've got are my siblings. Thats all the love I need.
Christian and I would die and kill for each other, thats the way it's always been. Same with Nora and Amelia, but they didn't know a single thing about the life we lived.

Its very concerning how we all lived under the same roof, but had insanely different lives. I wonder how they'll react. I wonder what Amelia will say if she finds out that she's next in line to inherit the mafia if both Carson and I die.

I stared at the gun on my nightstand and decided to get up.

-

I made it to the airport and grabbed a cup of coffee as I waited for Liliana to show up. She was taking too fucking long.

I was already having a shitty week and needed to look at her. I just wanted to look into her eyes.

I spotted Nick from across the crowd. I narrowed my eyes confused. As he made his way closer and the people in front of him disappeared , I realized why he was here.

He wasn't fucking alone. A giggling Liliana walked next to him. She didn't look the same way she did normally. She was wearing a hoodie and matching sweats. She had sunglasses in her and looked every bit as beautiful.

Nick looked me in the eye from afar, and smirked. I needed to punch that fucker.

I wanted to kill my best fucking friend. He's the one who drove her to the airport.

Nick hugged her goodbye and she came up to me, "We've got a plane to catch."

"Give me a minute." I trailed after Nick. I pulled him behind a coffee cart. "Give me a good explanation before I rearrange your guts and feed them to you," I hissed in his face.

He pushed me off him, "I told Amy I'd drive Liliana to the airport since they all spent the night at a bar. I was the sober one and well one thing led to another-"

"Don't you fucking dare say-" I grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Woah there," He interrupted, "You can't have her, Carson. Neither can I. We're enemies, but if she's got you all wound up have a go. I'm just having fun. Just fuck her and get her out of your system."

"Don't fucking talk about her like that, and If you so much as touch a hair on her pretty head, the FBI will wonder what happened to my right hand man." I scowled earning a smile from him.

"Catch your plane." He slapped me on the back.

I walked away back to Liliana. "What was that about?" She asked. "Nothing, just work on our end."

I continued walking through to security.

-

We've been on the plane for an hour and we've got a couple more to go.

"Attention all passengers, Please fasten your seatbelts. We are facing unexpected turbulence." The pilot's voice echoed from the speakers.

I did my seatbelt and glanced subtly to see if she did hers. I positioned my arms on the armrests. She was watching the view from the window.

I eyed her closely, taking the image in, "It's breathtaking," She said just above a whisper.

"I agree." I mouthed back my eyes still on her. I couldn't tell you the color of the airplane window if you had a gun to my head.

She turned around to see me starring at her. Her cheeks were tinted pink. She quickly looked away.

Eyes on me.

A wave of turbulence suddenly hit us and the plane jerked. A very cold hand gripped my hand which was placed on the armrest.

She squeezed harder as we rode the turbulence out.

Her hands were more freezing than New york in the middle of January. I wanted to hold her hand back and reassure her.

She glanced down at our intertwined hands and she let go. It was as if my hand was the plague and she was trying not to catch it.

She avoided eye contact completely.

Another wave of turbulence hit, I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. She tried to slide her hand out, "I'm not scared."

"Maybe I am." Her gaze met mine and then we both looked away.

I could feel her cold hands getting warm.

"Fuck, Your hands freezing. Are you okay?" The question escaped my lips before my mind registered it.

She moved to pull them away again, but I held tighter. "Stop it. Are you cold?"

"I have low blood pressure, so they get very cold. I'm fine." She put her head back and picked out a show.

I wanted to ask her why she has low blood pressure. I wanted to ask her if she's been to a doctor. I wanted to ask her about her brother. I had so many questions, but I remained completely and utterly silent.

The flight attendant appeared at my side asking if we wanted anything to drink. "Two glasses of white wine." She nodded and walked away.

"You're drinking two glasses? We're on a plane not in a club celebrating." She scoffed.

She came back before I had time to answer, I placed her glass onto the little table. Her questioning gaze met mine.

"You're an asshole." She looked at the wine then back at me.

"I'm helping you. Drink it, I won't let you have more." I nodded toward the glass. I could see the hesitation in her eyes.

No one can control her. She's absolutely wild, and a bottle of alcohol shouldn't get the luxury of captivating her.

She picked it up and sipped it elegantly.

A little later, her head was resting against my shoulder as she slept. My body tensed at her closeness. I could smell the vanilla scent radiating from her. She looked incredibly peaceful.

Watching her sleep is almost as fun as watching her when she's awake. Her cheek was on my shoulder and her body was sinking into mine. I closed my eyes after double checking her seatbelt.

I had her just how I wanted her.

-------
Hello!
Don't hate me please. I'm so behind I'm aware. I promise you another chapter this week since this was pretty short. Kind of like a little filler to mend the pieces. I have so many ideas for this book.

Have a good day/ night!

maze<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 190 21
๐–๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ. ๐๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ง๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ข๐ง ๏ฟฝ...
2.3M 83.3K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
117K 3.2K 42
โ๐˜–๐˜ฉ, ๐˜ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ. ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ฎ...
76.5K 2K 36
โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข ๐€๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐š ๐’๐š๐ง๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐จ Being in the shadows, she gets no attention from her abusive father. Only wanting to go to collage and become succes...