A Billionaire's Bodyguard

By Rshores

Percy woke up on the bank of a lake just outside Gotham city. Problem? Oh, not many besides her scratches, s... More

Chapter 1: A fresh start
Chapter 2: Shoot! I Knew Parties Sucked
Chapter 3: Dodging the Bulldozer
Chapter 4: Training pact
Chapter 5: Holy Memory cookies
Chapter 6: A call bearing good news
Chapter 7: I share my morning with crazy cosplayers and children
Chapter 8: I make an old man cry
Chapter 9: First day, first pains
Chapter 10: With new jobs come new pains
Chapter 11: Just keep dancing
Chapter 12: A Confession
Chapter 13: Remembering a past life
Chapter 14: Playing Soccer against a pro and a lucky charm
Chapter 15: Trying to make cookies from memory
Chapter 16: Many encounter begin at 11
Chapter 17: Getting bribed by a child
Chapter 18: A Midmorning Report
Chapter 19: A Grand Takedown
Chapter 20: Alakazam, Alakazoom, heal that wound!!
Chapter 21: Having a child read to me
Chapter 22: I Shoot a Girl with Some Windex
Chapter 23: A Threat of Getting Kidnapped
Chapter 24: A Brick Wall Smiles
Chapter 25: A Sea of Flashing Lights Nearly Blinds Me
Chapter 26: A Common Philosophy Between Friends
Chapter 27: The Redhead Bids Me Goodbye...I Think?
Chapter 28: A Call From The Bathroom
Chapter 29: Getting Home With New Rules
Chapter 30: Hallucinations Accompany Dishes
Chapter 31: Cigarettes Lead to Forgiveness
Chapter 32: The Awful News
Chapter 33: The Yellow Shirt May Not Fit
Chapter 35: Everyone Deserves Someone to be There for Them
Chapter 36: Hopeless and Childish
Chapter 37: A Serious Sit Down
Chapter 38: Floof and Scoot against the world
Chapter 39: The Fall
Chapter 40: A Strong Man Breaks
Chapter 41: Getting Tackled By a Fur Ball
Chapter 42: A Very Sickly Plane Flight
Chapter 43: It Wasn't Funny the First Time
Chapter 44: Apparently Helping Makes Me a Dinkleberg
Chapter 45: All Better
Chapter 46: Frosting....Everywhere
Chapter 47: How cliche would that be right?
Chapter 48: --------
Chapter 49: 12 hours
Chapter 50: A Weiner Dog Monster
Chapter 51: Late night visits
Chapter 52: A Deliberation
Chapter 53: The culprits hang their heads in shame
Chapter 54: As it all comes flooding in
Chapter 55: A single text can make a whole day
Chapter 56: I get tackled by the little star
Chapter 57: Poor West gets kicked out
Chapter 58: Not taking anything back, not even the hand sized cookies
Epilogue
One shot #1
Oneshot #2
One Shot #3

Chapter 34: McShizzle the master artist

4.4K 212 68
By Rshores

---------------------Bruce's POV: ------------------------

I awoke to myself in an abnormal position in an unfamiliar place. 

As my eyes slowly adjusted to the area around me, I realized I was on a couch, the shirt I was wearing was very obviously too tight, but I paid no mind to that as my brain slowly started kicking into the fact that I was in the unknown. I took in a deep breath, trying my best to make myself become alert as I sat up. 

I seemed to be in an apartment, the area around me draped nicely in comforting items, though I noticed a lack of photos. 

The sudden smell of eggs and toast filled my senses as I turned to the kitchen. 

Immediately I relaxed as I spotted Percy standing over the stove, a calm look on her face as she stared at the eggs in front of her absent mindedly. I could see she was tired and yet she kept going. 

Almost like a slap in the face everything came back to me from the night before, I must've been so tired I forgot. 

An ease fell into me as I relaxed, my head falling into the position it was before as I looked forwards to the tv which was playing quiet music over an image of the ocean.

I decided it was best to get up, seeing as I didn't know what time it was and the fact that I'm pretty sure these clothes were going to last me until I got home. 

With much hesitation I pushed myself off the couch, shaking off my sleepiness as I walked into the kitchen, alarming Percy only slightly as she turned to look at me quickly, her black hair flying over to take its place on her shoulder. 

"Oh..." She said quietly, blinking a few times before realizing she wanted to continue. "Good morning." A small smile fell onto my face as I nodded once. 

"Morning to you as well." Her lips curved into a small smile as she turned back to the stove. 

"Feel free to take a seat, breakfast will be done in a minute." I did as told, walking a bit till I was sat beside the small four-person table, turning my chair to face Percy. "I probably should've asked if you just wanted to pick something up on the way, but I thought I'd let you rest a bit...hope you don't mind." She turned over to me, seeming to look for an answer to if I minded or not. 

I shook my head, putting a hand up briefly. "I don't mind, in fact it was quite refreshing. Especially since I didn't have to wake up to an annoying alarm." Percy let out a short huff as her shoulders relaxed slightly as she turned back to the stove. 

"I'm glad." She stayed quiet for the rest of preparing breakfast, even though I offered my expert ability in breakfast making. 

Eventually she came over with two plates, going back for a bowl of strawberries. After setting everything down she let out a short breath, rubbing her hands together as she turned to me. 

"You want something to drink? I have orange juice and water. Sorry, I don't eat here very often anymore. It's gotten down to necessities." She said, her fingers fiddling with each other. 

"A glass of water would be fine." She gave me a smile of relief as she turned to grab two glasses, filling them both with water. She came back, handing me my glass as I took it carefully. Percy sat across from me with a small smile before beginning to eat.

I took a sip of water before digging into the meal, and I have to say, for someone who claims to have only the necessities this gave Alfred a run for his money. 

I happily munched on the food, only taking breaks to talk with Percy or text Alfred to let him know I was okay and that I'd gone out on patrol immediately after the date. I could only hope he didn't try and read into that. I looked up at Percy to find her looking at me with a small smile, the smile growing into embarrassment as she caught my eye, her attention going back to her food. 

I let the smile fall onto my face as I finished my message, setting the phone down quickly. 

The two of us finished our meal in a nice quiet.

--------------Percy's POV: + Timeskip--------------

Bruce and I had walked back together, with Bruce dawning the clothes he'd worn to dinner the night before. It did make me laugh, though only for a second. 

When we got to Bruce's place he'd wished me well then disappeared up into his study, which was to be expected. I'd received a small look from Alfred though I laughed it off with a small excuse of I'd found Bruce out wandering around. 

I think he bought it? I could never really tell with Alfred; he was a master at concealing his thoughts. 

Now I was cleaning up breakfast's mess.

"Percy." I looked over to see Damien with a slight look of confidence, one I'd noticed he'd always seemed to carry. "I was wondering if you'd like to join me to read once again?" I felt a small smile grace my lips as I nodded. 

"Of course, do you have a book picked out already?" I asked, setting down the plates watching as he simply shook his head. 

"Actually, no, I was wondering if while you are in the library, you could pick out a book for us. If you cannot read the cover then simply choose the one that looks most appealing." I let out a short chuckle.

"How do you know I'll be cleaning the library today?" I asked. Damien rolled his eyes as if this was the world's stupidest question.

"I know your shifts, including when you usually get out of each room. I must congratulate you on your recent haste might I add. Very impressive." I let out a short laugh though I couldn't tell if it was from fear or embarrassment.

"Right, then I'll be there in a few, I need to finish my work first, but I'll definitely grab a book." Damien gave me a nod and a wave before disappearing up the stairs. I smiled to myself as I turned to put away all the dishes. 

-------------Time skip lol ----------------

I quickly walked into the library, the smell of books was heavy in the air, but I couldn't help but wish that lemons accompanied the smell. 

I pushed the thought to the side, as I hurried over to the shelves, glancing over the various titles as I tried to look for the color of blue that appealed to me most. 

I ran my fingers over the backs of the books as I looked at the various colors of lettering on them. By accident though my finger caught on a book, accidentally shifting the ones around them, toppling a book at the end over. 

I silently cursed myself as I walked over to the book, going to pick it up when I froze. 

"Ιστορικό ημίαιμου" The title of the book was small and elegant on the front and yet I knew immediately that it read out Half-blood history. A small feeling of curiosity picked up in my chest as I pulled the book over, looking to the author to see a 'Chiron' and underneath it in significantly smaller writing 'accompanied by Leo Valdez, Annabeth Chase, and the Stoll twins" My heart nearly leapt out it's chest when I spotted Annabeth's name, the girls name written in beautiful calligraphy.  I hurried opened the book without thinking, looking for a possible picture of the writers but finding nothing, instead just finding lots and lots of text accompanied by some pictures, though a couple looked like they were drawn by a child, usually accompanied by the signature of McShizzle. 

I took a deep breath, placing my hand on the weird paper that seemed to be filled with some sort of... something. The feeling went unplaced, unidentifiable, as I stared over the pages that seemed to detail event of greek gods and other fantastical elements. 

I hesitated as I looked over the book, something in me telling me to continue to read and find out more about this potential Annabeth character that could maybe have a chance of being a person in my previous life. No matter how small the chance. 

"Percy?" I turned quickly to be met with Damien walking over, a quizzical look on his face as he approached. I quickly turned back, placing the book back on the shelf and grabbing the book besides it. "What're you doing?" 

I turned back to him with a smile. "I was looking for books like you asked!" I replied.

Damien crossed his arms. "For 15 minutes? I don't think it'd take that long." 

I let out a small laugh. "Yeah, well I finally found one with an interesting cover!" I handed him the book, hoping that it was at least something worth reading. Damien glanced over the book with a satisfied smile. 

"The Midnight Society." He nodded. "Seems decent. Now let's go." I nodded, pausing momentarily. 

"Actually, do you know what language this is?" I asked, grabbing the book off the shelf and showing. Damien glanced over it, a look of confusion running over his features, drastically different to his usual sneer. 

"No, I don't. I can ask father later, but for now, let's go." I nodded, not wanting to argue but making a mental note to go back to the book later. 

"Right," I followed with no more questions as I left the book in question behind me.

------------------------------------

1620 words

I'm sorry for not uploading once again, turns out the girl on the bus besides me wasn't crying, she was sniffling cause she was sick. In other words, I got a nasty cold, but I'm okay now. I've been getting lots of food and rest! Anyways, I hope you all are having a great morning, day, or night!

-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 8.4K 61
(before I begin this is my first story, and second all the art is mine created purely for this story) Persephone Jackson, or better known as Percy ha...
29.1K 1.2K 105
The world is hardly ever what it seems. We have seen our heroes fight monsters, gods, titans, and even the very Earth itself. But, there were rules a...
6.8K 374 16
No love interest - Nina and her brother Percy move to a new city in a new state, hoping for a fresh start without worrying about Percy's other life a...
16.5K 448 49
Joker felt an arm wrap around him, and he flinched, kicking them away with a gasp. His eyes widened when he watched Bruce Wayne stumble back with a s...