βœ“ the hooded princess β€’ kim s...

η”± minthannie

"my life is full with secrets, and you know everything." min eunkyung- a princess should behave with grace, t... ζ›΄ε€š

before you read ^-^
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
β™‘
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e
f i f t y f o u r
f i f t y f i v e
f i f t y s e v e n
f i f t y e i g h t
f i f t y n i n e
s i x t y
r y u n i v e r s e
s i x t y o n e
s i x t y t w o
s i x t y t h r e e
b o n u s c h a p t e r
w h a t i f ?
w h a t i f # 1

f i f t y s i x

597 37 23
η”± minthannie

Han Jisung curled himself at the corner of the room. He leaned on the wall and hugged his legs tightly to his chest. The hard floor hurt his bum as he had been in that position for awhile now but that does not concern him.

The dungeon was lit up by torches just outside his cell. It was hot and dark down there. Jisung had no idea how many days had it been because he was sure he'd be dead after a month of living like this, unmoving, only eat half of the food portion given and in grief.

He wanted to know about Eunkyung but the guards would not tell him anything. He was sure Yunseo was already dead because he was alone in this cell, along with a maid he recognised as Yunseo's weak alliance to spy what happens in the castle. The old woman's condition was uglier than him. He thought he would be like her after a few days.

The sound of door creaking was heard. The old woman next to his cell gasped. She scurried over to the metal fence and cried, begging to free her. Jisung, however, sat unfazed.

"This way, Your Highness."

A few moments later, the door closed. The light disappeared again.

"Princess Eunkyung, Your highness," the old woman croaked out. "Y-you promised me you won't let me get caught b-but why am I suddenly here–"

"I didn't promise you anything, Lady Saehui." said princess spoke.

Hearing the voice, Jisung's head perked up. His pupils shook when seeing Eunkyung in front of his cell, staring at him solemnly. His lips trembled to speak but not even a word comes out.

Both of them were silently hurting.

It was hard to speak.

But it was harder when there's other people in the room as well. Eunkyung took out a key. Everyone but Jisung screamed as she unlocked the gate of his cell. Even so, the guy just sat still on the ground.

"Is he being released?!"

"He just got here a few days ago!"

"Let me go too, Your highness I'm not at wrong here!"

"Quiet!" a guard's voice roared. Eventually everyone shut their mouth. The guard then grabbed Jisung by his arm and dragged him outside.

Eunkyung locked the cell and followed suit. They entered an empty room. There's only a table and two chairs. It looked like an interrogation room.

"I'll be waiting outside." the guard informed and he closed the door. There, the two sat in silence. Jisung stared at her with gloom eyes. There's an obvious difference between them. Eunkyung was dressed in her casual gown while Jisung had his hair disheveled, dirty face and torn off clothes.

They felt so distant with each other despite have been friends for years.

After minutes seem like forever, Eunkyung let out a small sigh as she looked down to her hands. "Seungmin is not waking up soon."

That hurts Jisung. After days of not hearing anything about her, she could say something about Seungmin instead?

But then who was him? Just a mere friend that stabbed her from behind and attempted murder on her lover because of jealousy. Jisung knew he had no chance since the beginning so he tried to last choice in his list. And he ended up here. In front of the princess, the girl he loves, in this condition.

His life is already destroyed, isn't it?

Seeing the lack of response, Eunkyung continued, "The others are interrogating Lady Saehui so I am here to so the same thing." she sat up straight and looked at him in the eyes. "Does Yunseo have other people, spy or alliance in the castle like Lady Saehui?"

Jisung truthfully shook his head. "Just that woman."

"Why?" she questioned again. "Why an old woman but not a strong man?"

"He wanted to take down the family himself by collecting information, starting from the youngest," he muttered. "But it got delayed because of me."

Eunkyung knew well what that meant. "They still have not decided the punishment on you yet."

He just nodded.

The air between them was uncomfortable. Eunkyung got up after a few seconds of silence. "That's all I need to know from you, Han Jisung. You may return to your cell with the guard now."

Jisung mumbled a few sentences of obedience before the guard walked in. His eyes caught on the cold gaze of the princess. He immediately shut them close with an aching heart.

He's losing her.

Felix silently stroke her head.

Small sobs could be heard at the back of his house. The princess rested her head on his shoulder while covering her face with a hand. Gently, Felix slithered an arm behind her to hug her shoulders from the side.

The two friends sat in silence for a few minutes. In the cold night, Felix provided warmth for her. It was comfortable yet emotional. He knew well what happened earlier so he let his friend come over to give comfort.

Eunkyung was grateful she has Felix as a friend.

After the silent crying, her head felt a bit dizzy and her eyes drooped close. She did not move from her position knowing Felix cared less when it comes to this. In all honestly, this was the closest she had ever been with him and would be lying if she said it does not calm her down. Especially when Seungmin was not there with her.

Seungmin.

Remembering him, Eunkyung felt tears pooling again. She had lost Jisung, and now she might be losing Seungmin. Everything comes to her at once. She didn't know if she could face this.

"What are your plans after this?" Felix asked in a soothing voice. He felt the princess weakly shaking her head, indicating she did not know. She felt a bit hopeless. "I'm so glad I found you that night or else I'll lose my cold headed friend here."

A small smile appeared on her lips with her eyes still closing. "It's better to lose me than him."

"Don't say that."

"He's hurt so many times because of me." she breathed out. "I'm leaving in a few days, Felix."

"Hey," said guy turned to her, making Eunkyung to raise her head and stared at the ground with a sad smile on her face.

"It's not his father's command, but I think I need to let him go at least for awhile," she chuckled before saying, "Or else he would be hurt again. I bring bad luck, anyway."

"Even if I say that you're not you will bring up past events that proved the bad lucks," Felix sighed and the girl nodded playfully. "You are sure it is only for awhile, right?"

"Not really."

"At least think about how he would feel, Eunkyung." he said softly. "When he wakes up he needs to see you safe. It's just your guilt that tells you to leave."

He was right, Eunkyung felt guilt conquered her. "Just leaving him safe is enough."

"Yunseo is already dead, they also confessed they don't have other alliances."

"How could they be so sure? The people we caught that day couldn't be all of them. And you said yourself someone is after Seungmin when he was warded."

"That someone is under Jisung's command. Now he is in the cell, they cannot do anything."

She shook her head lightly, "I want to let things calm down first before I return. We don't know if Yunseo has other relatives."

"They are looking into it right now," Felix replied. He leaned his head to the wall behind him and stared at the sky. "Are you really going to leave?"

Eunkyung remained silent.

"I cannot do anything to stop you, can I?" he bitterly smiled. "I just hope you come home as soon as possible after he wakes up. He needs you, Eunkyung."

Felix's words that night rang in her ears continuously. Eunkyung kept thinking about it until the day her brother needs to return to his house in the other country.

I'm sure Archer Kim wants me to be away with him as well, was what she thought. The look in his eyes everytime Eunkyung visits Seungmin tells her off. She knew why, and she understood him. Even though he did not say anything, she was sure what those looks meant.

However, today here she was again. Next to the sleeping Seungmin who had bandage wrapped around his head, a few wires injected into his hands and in the white attire for patients. His face was pale. He looked so different with the one she met in her dream.

Her thumb softly caressed his hand. Sadness washed over her everytime she sees him in this condition. She could not imagine what Archer Kim is feeling right now.

"Are you listening?" she slowly spoke while threading their fingers together. "These days are hectic for us. I have to go back and forth to the dungeon, meeting room and visiting families at the orphanage house. The village is half destroyed because of the bombing that night."

Silence.

All this time Eunkyung visits him, she had never told the unconscious Seungmin any stories. She would sit there without saying anything and leave. Today however was an exception.

"I'm leaving in a few hours, Min." she muttered with a pout, trying not to get the emotions control her. "This is too much for me to take in, so I want a little break. My family will take care of the rest."

"I'm not sure when will I be back but if you don't wake up before I return," she pursed her lips and looked at him whose eyes closed. "I'm breaking up with you, really."

She weakly punched the bed and sniffled. "Wake up, stupid. It's been more than a week."

"Eunkyung," a voice called from behind. The princess quickly wiped her tears and got up to see Eunhee at the door. "Yoongi oppa said he is leaving in two hours."

Eunkyung nodded, "I've packed my stuffs, don't worry."

It was a bit awkward. Eunhee did not plan to let the cold war lingered between them anymore. She let out a small sigh and walked towards her younger sister. She hugged her. "You're so stubborn, you know that?"

The youngest playfully scoffed, "So no apologies?"

"Shut up." Eunhee rolled his eyes and smiled when Eunkyung hugged her back. The older lightly swayed their bodies to the side. "Take care while you're there. Jeongin will be there too."

"I know."

"Buy me some souvenirs."

"You will receive them after two months, then." she joked.

"And tell me where's the best place for a date there."

Eunkyung lightly pushed her away with wide eyes, "You are with Minho?"

Eunhee rolled her eyes with a sneaky smile on, "No?"

"I don't like you." the youngest huffed.

Her sister just stuck out her tongue and headed to the door. "Let's go, we're leaving to the castle."

The door slid open and Eunhee disappeared. Eunkyung turned back to Seungmin with a heavy heart. She leaned down and planted a kiss on his temple while intertwining their fingers together.

"I love you, Seungmin."

Then she left.

edit (after a few hrs of uploading this chap): where are y'all 😔

η»§η»­ι˜…θ―»

You'll Also Like

71.7K 2.3K 23
Jeon Taehyung and his family thought that no more events would ever happen. No drama. No problems. No more wars. And no more separating from your lov...
123K 9.7K 77
Being a father at such a young age was never something he had hoped for, nor something he feels able to do. It's complicated, and suddenly, his entir...
165K 6.1K 67
[COMPLETED: UNEDITED VERSION!] Han Jisung, a sophomore in college. His living arrangement is a predicament he didn't anticipate, living with 7 other...
188K 9.1K 58
a gang / mafia au The world has been fading for the last years. The rules disappeared and chaos insurged. From the destroyed city, Stray kids are wor...