MY LOVE, MY LIFE - • Chandle...

By TaylahMcDonald

Anna's life changed the second she stumbled into a man with a sarcastic sense of humour - Once Chandler's ey... More

| My Love, My Life |
| Chapter One |
| Chapter Two |
| Chapter Four |
| Chapter Five |
| Chapter Six |
| Chapter Seven|
| Chapter Eight |
| Chapter Nine |
| Chapter Ten |
| Chapter Eleven |
| Chapter Twelve |
| Chapter Thirteen |
| Chapter Fourteen |
| Chapter Fifteen |
| Chapter Sixteen |

| Chapter Three |

9.7K 292 12
By TaylahMcDonald

| Chapter Three |
- 1.2 -
• • • • • • •

"What you guys don't understand is, for us, kissing is as important as any part of it." Monica informed the gentlemen in the group, how exactly the women's minds/feelings work.

"Yeah, right!– you serious?" Joey asked not believing what the women were saying.

"Oh, yeah!" Phoebe said nodding her head.

"Everything you need to know is in that first kiss." Rachel said.

"Absolutely." Monica agreed nodding her head.

"And a kiss makes you feel appreciated – protected, and adored. It's a really special moment for us especially." Anna said looking at the newspaper Chandler was reading.

"Yeah, I think for us, kissing is pretty much like an opening act, y'know? I mean it's like the stand-up comedian you have to sit through before Pink Floyd comes out." Chandler said as the women stared at him, he definitely did not know how the female mind works.

Ross made his thoughts voice be heard. "Yeah, and-and it's not that we don't like the comedian, it's that-that... that's not why we bought the ticket."

"The problem is, though, after the concert's over, no matter how great the show was, you girls are always looking for the comedian again, y'know? I mean, we're in the car, we're fighting traffic... basically just trying to stay awake." Chandler said.

"Yeah, well, word of advice: Bring back the comedian. Otherwise next time you're gonna find yourself sitting at home, listening to that album alone." Rachel said making the women of the group high-five her, while the men just shook their heads.

Anna noticed the confused look on Joey's face, before he slapped his hand against Ross's leg. "Are we still talking about sex?"

Ross just gave him a thumbs up while reaching across to grab his cup of coffee.

• • • • • • •

Anna sat beside Chandler, occasionally his own hand would brush against hers, as she finished painting her fingernails with red nail polish.

"Oh, I think this is the episode of Three's Company where there's some kind of misunderstanding." Chandler said trying not to take much notice of Anna sitting rather close to him, he took a deep breath as he watched her paint her nail with such concentration.

"Then I've already seen this one!" Phoebe said grabbing the remote and switching the television off.

"Are you finished with that?" Monica in a frantic state rushed around her apartment, taking the cup Joey was drinking from and carrying it over to the sink.

Joey wiped his mouth while sitting up. "Yeah, sorry, the swallowing slowed me down."

"Whose little ball of paper is this?!" Monica asked making Anna turn to look at Chandler.

"Don't make any sudden movements." Anna said as Chandler cleared his throat not liking the way Monica was glaring at him.

"Oh, uh, that would be mine. See, I wrote a note to myself, and then I realised I didn't need it, so I balled it up and–" Chandler shifted in his seat. ".. now I wish I was dead."

Monica took the pillow Anna was leaning against, fluffing it before placing it in the right spot, making sure Anna knew not to touch the pillow.

"She's already fluffed that pillow... Monica, you know, you've already fluffed that–" Phoebe said moving to stand up but quickly sat back down. "but, it's fine!"

Monica sighed. "Look , I'm sorry, guys, I just don't wanna give them any more ammunition than they already have."

Monica always got this way when her family was coming to visit.

"It's be fine Mon– just take a deep breath." Anna said as Monica sighed while looking at her.

"You don't get it– my mother always has to pick at every little thing I'm doing wrong in my life.. plus she openly told me she wished you were her daughter.." Monica said pointing to Anna who was shocked by Monica's words.

"There's no way she told you that– oh my god Mon.. that is such a horrible thing for her to say.." Anna said feeling horrible.

"And unfortunately – Ross can do no wrong. You see, he's the Prince. Apparently they had some big ceremony before I was born." Monica said as Anna could see how much it hurt that she was pushed to the side her whole life, never appreciated, never praised like they did to Ross.

"Ew, ew, ew, ew ew ew ew ew!" Chandler said walking past the large window and spotting someone in the apartment across from their building. "Ugly Naked Guy got a thigh-master!"

"Oh my god– gross.." Anna said as Chandler quickly covered her eyes making her laugh.

"Has anybody seen my engagement ring?" Rachel asked stepping out of her bedroom.

"Yeah, it's beautiful." Phoebe said with her eyes locked on the sight you can't look away from.

"Oh God, oh God.. oh god!" Rachel rushed around the apartment lifting pillows, looking under the sofa, making everyone panic once they realised what Rachel had done.

"No, look, don't touch that!" Phoebe said trying to stop Rachel.

"Better take cover– Monica is gonna burst into flames." Anna said standing beside Chandler and Joey.

"Oh, like I wasn't dreading tomorrow enough, having to give it back to him... 'Hi Barry! Remember me? I'm the girl in the veil who stomped on your heart in front of your entire family!' Oh God and now I'm gonna have to return the ring, without the ring, which makes it so much harder.." Rachel said searching everywhere for the ring she desperately needed to find.

"Easy Rach, we'll find it." Monica said looking at the guys. "Won't we?"

"Oh! Yeah!" Joey and Chandler jumped up from their seats.

"Rach– can you remember when you had it on last?" Anna asked helping the woman search for her ring.

"Probably right before she lost it!" Phoebe said.

"I know I had it this morning, and I know I had it when I was in the kitchen with–" Rachel looked at the lasagna on the counter.

"Dinah?" Chandler said.

"Oh.. don't be mad." Rachel said to Monica.

"You didn't.." Monica said looking at the lasagna and wishing it was a joke.

"Oh, I am sorry..." Rachel said with both her hands pressed to her cheeks as Monica picked the clear dish up over her head to search for the ring.

"I gave you one job!"

"Oh, but look how straight those noodles are!" Rachel said hating that all her hard work was about to be destroyed.

"Now, Monica, you know that's not how you look for an engagement ring in a lasagne..." Chandler said making Monica realised what he meant.

"It's our time to shine–" Anna said helping Chandler, Joey and Phoebe search for the ring, she was leaning against chandlers shoulder which left butterflies in her stomach, as she leaned closer to the lasagna dish.

Anna waved at Ross who had stepped into the apartment, with some unexpected news.
"Carol's pregnant."

"Ooh! I found it!" Phoebe held the ring up in her sauce covered hand.

"Wait what– wha.. what?" Monica was clearly shocked by the announcement.

"Yeah. Do that for another two hours, you might be where I am right about now." Ross said sighing as he ran hand down his face.

Once Anna had washed her hands clean, she gave Ross a hug, which he clearly needed as he wrapped his arms around her tighter, keeping her in place a little longer.

"Kinda puts that whole pillow thing in perspective, huh, Mon?" Chandler said.

"Do you know what's going to happen next? Are you gonna be involved or?" Anna asked as Ross sat himself down on the sofa, still very shocked with news that is clearly going to change his life whether he wanted it to or not.

"Well, Carol says she and Susan want me to be involved, but if I'm not comfortable with it, I don't have to be involved.. basically it's entirely up to me." Ross informed everyone.

"She is so great! I miss her." Phoebe said.

"What does she mean by 'involved'?" Monica asked not quite understanding what he meant.

"I mean presumably, the biggest part of your job is done." Chandler said.

"Anyway, they want me to go down to this- sonogram thing with them tomorrow." Ross said as Anna patted his back.

"What are you gonna do?" Rachel asked.

"I have no idea. No matter what I do, though, I'm still gonna be a father." Ross said feeling a little happy all of a sudden.

Everyone turned to find Joey eating the lasagna but quickly stopped once he realised he was caught. ".. Well, this is still ruined, right?"

• • • • • • • •

"Oh, Anna made these cupcakes for you two." Monica said bringing the chocolate cupcakes over to her parents, her mother suddenly taking an interest after hearing Anna's name being mentioned.

"Oh, isn't she a darling." Monica sighed as her food was a disappointment to her mother's eyes but one of Anna's cupcakes and it was like she was eating pure gold.

"Darling, that shirt is a little to revealing, don't you think?" Monica quickly excused herself and rushed out of the apartment, quickly knocking on Anna's apartment door.

"Hey.. everything okay?" Anna asked a green face mask smeared on her face, her hair was wrapped up in a towel.

"I can't handle this Anna– why do I try so hard to get her to say one nice thing about me.. I'm exhausted." Monica said wiping her face as she tried to keep herself from bursting into tears.

"You shouldn't have to try Mon– you just try your best, get through this really difficult dinner and you can finally breath again. I'm so sorry that this visit has been horrible for you," Anna said wrapping her arms around Monica, squeezing her tight.
"You be your beautiful self– and if that's not good enough, she doesn't deserve a daughter like you, who constantly worries about her, thinks about her.. you're an amazing daughter and one day she's going to realise that."

Monica took a deep breath, nodding her head. "You're right– thank you so much."

Monica rushed back into her apartment, as Joey and Chandler stepped up onto their apartment floor, noticing Anna with a green mask and Joey let out a terrified girly scream.

Anna couldn't stop laughing. "Oh my god, Joey! Are you alright?"

"Why are you dressed like an alien?"

"It keeps my face clear and smooth– you should really give it a try." Anna said.

"Are you trying to tell me something? Is my face ugly or..?"

Chandler looked at his friend. "You are hanging around women to much, my friend."

• • • • • • • •

".. that is both cute and a little bit terrifying at the same time." Anna said her eyes locked on the television screen, looking at the baby that was amazing at hide and seek.

"Well? Isn't that amazing?" Ross asked feeling very proud as he watched the look on everyone's faces.

"What are we supposed to be seeing here?" Joey asked squinting his eyes to try and find the shape of a baby.

"I dunno, but.. I think it's about to attack the Enterprise." Chandler said sitting beside Joey as they watched the black and white screen.

"You know, if you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old potato." Phoebe said with her head tilted to the side.

"Then don't do that, alright?" Ross said not liking Phoebe's description of his unborn baby and an old potato.

"Okay!" Phoebe said looking at the screen straight with a smile on her face.

"Gosh, this is giving me major baby fever." Anna said growing up she always knew she would become a mother at some point in the future– but her career comes first and babies just weren't part of her plan at that particular moment.

"Oh Monica– are you welling up?" Ross asked looking at his sister.

"Am not– I'm not!" Monica said shaking her head.

"Mon– you're going to be an aunt.." Anna said looking at the woman who immediately began to cry.

"I'm gonna be an aunt!" Monica said hugging her brother with so much excitement.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

810 10 18
"I love everything about you. And that includes your entire digestive system." 'Don't open your eyes, Rachel', she whispered inside her head. 'Don't...
40.7K 1.5K 28
GOLD RUSH -------------------------- "What must it be like To grow up that beautiful? With your hair falling into place like dominoes My mind turns y...
99K 1.9K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
283K 5.3K 15
What if Monica and Ross had a sister? What if Chandler had fallen in love with her instead?