Hating You to Love Me

By soulnotknown

"Remember what I said last night Ashley, if you don't stop being a bitch I would.." he paused and glanced at... More

1. Ashley
2. Alex
3. Ashley
4. Alex
5. Ashley
6. Alex
7. Ashley
8. Alex
9. Ashley
10. Alex
11. Ashley
13. Ashley
14. Alex
15. Ashley
16. Alex
17. Ashley
18. Alex
19. Ashley
20. Alex
21. Ashley
22. Alex
23. Alex
24. Ashley
25. Alex
26. Ashley
27. Alex
28. Alex
29. Ashley
30. Alex
31. Ashley
32. Alex
33. Ashley
34. Alex
35. Ashley
36. Ashley
EPILOGUE
Author's last Words
✨Royal Arrangement ✨

12. Alex

7.7K 421 40
By soulnotknown

I wondered what it could be? The reason my heart felt heavier than usual. I couldn't stop thinking about last night. What I said, what I did. I didn't know the whys and it bothered me. I was a little tipsy but the rumbling feeling of the warmth was lingering inside me.

It felt good but for the worse. I didn't want it to feel that way. I wanted a break from the coldness inside me and yesterday was the best break I had. Grandma didn't reply to any of my calls or texts. Later I got a selfie of her with her brothers. I knew she'd be back later in the day. I started searching for old tapes she had of our family from the 90's. I really wanted to feel the nostalgia.

I walked to the small slide in door, giving it a little push. It revealed another hallway, I sighed as I walked in. I had nothing better to do anyways. Seeing Ashley would be worse. I noticed that she was upset but I cared less. It would be another argument if I saw her.

I found another door and I pushed it open, it led to this dark room and then the automatic system, lit the whole room. It was a glass room, lit with blue and cool lights. A big screen was there, and a fluff cushion. You guessed it, an inbuilt home theatre. On the side was a projector and and a rack filled with grandma's favourite movies and family albums. I searched through the negatives first, it would be amusing to see all those pictures.

I sighed as I looked through it. Some labelled with strange names and I read them all aloud. "Rachel's, Daniel's, David's, Emily's, Elena's, Alex's and Alex's and Ashley's.." I paused as my voice faded. My heart skipped a beat. How was it possible? Did grandma remember Ashley? Of course she does. How could I? I was a fucking fool to not remember.

My eyes teared before I even pulled the tray out. I knew what was in there but I was surprised to see when I actually pulled the tray out. A few mini albums and some tapes. The old snaps. The small card Ashley gave me on my bday. My lips curled. Memories started hitting me like a road truck. I was hit hard that I fell. My heart sank as I felt heaviness seeping in me.

I walked to the projector as I set the negatives. I pushed display as I saw the first photo. A picture of Ashley and me the first time we were stuck together. Her dressed in an oversized GAP sweat and her jeans with her tied canvas shoe. I was beside her, standing in my black t-shirt and an oversized Blue Jean. We seemed so youthful and still there wasn't a smile on our faces. I remembered the whole night we spent after series of arguments if the movie was good or bad or shit.  A smile formed on my face.

I watched Ashley who had crossed her arms over her chest looking out of the car window. "We will get a big pizza and some beer." I told her. "You are not going home the whole night. I made that promise to Elena. I have to give her pictures as proof, she lend me her camera for fuck's sake."

I noticed how she sighed, sinking into the seat slowly. "Okay." She turned her head finally and gave me a low-spirited smile. "She must have told you everything, didn't she?" Her eyes dimmed and it was bothersome somehow. I didn't like her from the beginning since she was a big troublemaker but I appreciated her and my sister's bond.

"Not everything, just the part where Your parents are too involved in your life and you hardly get time to have fun by yourself when they leave for business trips. You wanted to be wild tonight and I am just the right company." I shrugged and she giggled.

"That's mostly everything but put in a better way. Okay then. I'll allow myself to let you in for one night. But, I didn't want to be wild, I wanted to have fun. And you are boring." She responded with a slight shrug.

"I am not boring, Peach. And I will make sure you believe it tonight." I hated when someone underestimated me and she had the guts to say it to my face. That bitch. I pulled the gear and stepped on the gas. She gasped as I sped the car in mere seconds and I loved her reaction.

"Alex, No!" She said as she clutched the seats from sides. I rolled down the windows and her hair were soon away from her face, flying everywhere. I felt an adrenaline rush in my veins. It felt so good to be doing something fun after so long. My life was pretty boring and teasing her was just a new experiment and I seemed to like it.

I sneaked a glance at her as she sat back with her eyes shut and I noticed how she clutched the seat, her knuckles were white and maybe I was pushing too much. I slowed the car down and she looked at me with a glare. "I have a phobia of speeding you jerk." She muttered and oops. I shrugged as I finally pulled tha car to a stop.

Without another word, I stepped outside. I walked inside the pizzeria, leaving her alone in the car. My phone buzzed in my pants as I pulled it out. It was Elena again! Damn her!
"Buy her an iced drink to make it up for your jerky behaviour?" I frowned as I read her text out loud. Hah! I looked back and I noticed how Ashley was still sitting with her eyes closed .
I ordered a big pizza and iced cola's for us. I was usually the whiskey guy but maybe I could change myself a little for one night. I knew one thing, it wasn't just going to be one night. The way she carried herself was the only thing that separated her from all of Elena's friends. She was cold and reserved. But there had not been a single day, she failed to make Elena laugh. I loved my sister dearly and she was never more happier than in Ashley's company.

After I confirmed my order, I decided to wait. Soon, Ashley was there standing by my side leaning against the glass window. "So weird we don't even have anything to talk about." She muttered and I passed her a look.
"What possibly you want to talk about? Elena? We can bitch about her." She shrugged and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yes we totally can, how she is a bitch to force me to accompany you when she can't so that you won't feel LONELY?" I raised a brow and Ashley sighed.

"There is nothing to bitch about Elena, she is way too sweet." She gave up before it started and I agreed. But I added, "she still is a bitch at times, I swear to god." And Ashley was the one to smile.

"Well, If it were me and Elena, we would have you to bitch about." She smirked and that was bothering enough.

"Elena must always be the one talking then, since you don't know me at all." I crossed my arms over my chest, facing her. She mimicked my actions. "I know you enough." She exclaimed and I was intrigued. That wasn't possible.

"And what exactly do you know about me?" I cocked my head up and she stared back.
"That your name is Alex and you are an asshole who I am stuck with for a night and you are delusional enough to think this is gonna happen again."

"It will." I said. I noticed the surprise that passed her eyes just slightly.
"Why?" She asked, not averting her eyes.

Before I could answer, we saw the Pizza guy step out with our orders, probably on his way to deliver to our car. I called for him and he turned back, " Alex?" He questioned and I nodded. He passed me the drinks and the pizza box . His eyes shuffled between me and Ashley twice before he left .

***

"What did you do Ashley?" I asked  annoyed as I noticed her shirt drenched in the cola as she pinched it  away from her torso. Troublemaker!   "I have an extra t-shirt with me!" I said noticing her discomfort.  She nodded, embarrassed? She was embarrassed? I smiled to myself.

I hurried to the backseat, shuffling around a few paper-bags to find a t-shirt of mine. I looked at her. That was a bit oversized for her? But nevertheless I threw it towards her. She caught it with a free hand swiftly. "Turn around, quick." She said impatiently and I frowned.

I did as I analysed our surroundings, we were just at river side so no one was possibly there. When I looked back at her, her wet t-shirt was off revealing her sports bra underneath. I quickly tore my eyes as a curse possibly left my lips.

"You can look now!" She said and I did. It was so hard not to laugh at how cute she looked in that t-shirt. I suppressed my smile as I stared at her. "Good,  then let's take a picture, I have a tripod for the camera, and a camera!"

I could see how confused she was and that was yet the best part. I quickly started fixing everything and set the timer at the camera. We  both stood their as I ran back and pulled her into me with a hand on her waist. She  looked at the camera and flash. The image came out. I ran back to the camera.

"The picture is  a proof, we didn't murder each other even after the fact that you are Elena's most hated friend on my list." I told her and she smiled lightly.

"Nevertheless, a big thankyou. You did make my bday better." She said and I snapped at her. Her birthday? I saw a genuine smile on her lips. Rare but beautiful and so much better.

"A happy birthday Ashley, I am sorry didn't know." I said and she  nodded, crossing her arms over her chest. "Where's my gift as an acquaintance?"
I smirked, I knew she was messing around again and I could only return her efforts at it. "So tell me, in the middle of the night at an abandoned riverside, what gift can I give you?" I said as I walked closer to her, placing the camera  away.

I pulled her closer and as expected, those eyes of her went wide. I wouldn't expect anything else from her when I clearly knew how bad her love life must have been with all those bitchy habits she had. My hand snaked around her waist and I heard my name in a mere whisper from her. "Alex." She said as she looked anywhere but me.

"I can only think of a gift  that I am  good at giving. If you know what I mean." I said and my eyes fell on those pretty lips. Up close, I could see her long lashes slowly.  Up close I could feel her warmth and it was the kind which made me think twice if I really wanted to ruin her innocence.

"You still want a present?" I said.
"Yea." She whispered and before I knew she kissed my cheek lightly. That was a turn on events. A current rose through me as I leaned closer pressing a slow kiss near her earlobe. "You sure Ashley? There is no going back now."

"There must not be on both parts." She whispered again and I instantly pressed my lips down on hers.  The softness and the fragrance of a peach filled me to the brink. My heart thundered in my chest as her hands traveled to my hair. She knew only one move and I promised myself to teach her many. Her lips slowly started following my sync.  I smiled as I heard a low moan rising in her chest.

I pulled away and she bit her lips pushing me away. She ran back inside the car," let's go back home, I am tired."

"After a kiss, Ashley there is no hope for you ." I smirked. A bit disappointed because I really wanted it to last a bit especially with someone I had always wanted to have. With someone who never knew  how their presence made my day at times. I wanted to tell her that Elena didn't have to force me to be there, I was there because at that time, I had liked Ashley, more than she ever knew.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 6.9K 58
"We share a fucking bed!" He follows me out of the bathroom, grabbing my wrist when I had turned my back to him. "What's fucking wrong with you now...
616K 21.3K 60
"Don't do that." I mumble. "Why not?" His husky voice cracks as he speaks softly into my ear. Blood rushes to various places in my body. "You're m...
2.1K 79 9
"Damn you Sarah! Answer me...did you ran away from me to be with your damn lover?" Sarah slapped him hard across the cheek, he gritted his teeth, his...
2.1M 75.8K 99
{I wrote this in 7th grade, so I apologize for how poorly it may have been written. It's a little cringey but a lot of you seem to really enjoy it HA...