SERENDIPITY: A DEVDUTT PADIKK...

بواسطة gulabjamun37

Meera Joshi, a 24 year old Sports Physiotherapist. Devdutt Padikkal, a 25 year old cricketer at RCB and Indi... المزيد

Character Aesthetics.
1.Graduation👩‍🎓
2.A new day🪐
3. Opportunity
4. 2000's songs and scooter rides
5. Recruitment
6. Introduction
7. Pool Sesh
8. The Harry Potter Connection
9. Match Day
10. Market, Meera and Mumbai
11. Gym Accident
12. Karle Tu Bhi Mohabbat
13.Embraces and Envy
14. Dev Toh Bachha Hai Ji.
15. Mumbai to Pune
16. Stars and Hugs
17. Potential Sasural
18.Pune Darshan (Part 1)
20. Dance Party
21. Him Over Me
22. The Conflict
23. Tere Bina Jiya Jaye Na
24. Happy Discovery
25. Goodbye
26. Bliss
27. Partners In Crime
28. Best Birthday Ever
29. Bangalore Darshan Part 1
30. Bangalore Darshan Part 2
31. Serendipity
32. Moments Like These
33. Ganpati Bappa Morya
34. How Will I Get My Reward?
35. Meera's Birthday
36. Shaadi Ghar
37. Haldi Ka Rang Gehra Hai
38. Real Conversations
39. Completing The Circle
40. Dev Ki Dulhaniya
41. You, Me and Archie
Epilogue
Thank You

19. Pune Darshan (Part 2)

976 55 25
بواسطة gulabjamun37

"Aren't these the earrings we bought in that Mumbai market?".
"Yes its the same one".
"And what's with your eyes? Makeup and all?"
"Eyeliner isn't makeup, Dev!"
"I thought it would look good with my outfit. And yeah, you've good observation skills." She added.
"Thank you Mam, and you look pretty today" Dev appreciated.
"Ho na! Thank you" Meera blushed evidently and Dev saw it.
He loved the effect he had on her.

Meera stopped the car at a restaurant.
"Here's one of my favorite non veg restaurant in Pune. It's not very classy or nice ambience but the food!" Meera did the chef's kiss.
Meera ordered authentic Maharashtrian style chicken rassa with bhakri.
Once the food arrived, Meera dug into her food and gave one of her purest (and Dev's favorite) reaction one could ever see.

"You missed this na?" Dev asked already knowing the answer.
"Yess I missed it very much! Other countries don't have such flavourful food like India does. It's all bland and raw in the UK".
Dev had a bite and loved the burst of flavour in his mouth.
But before he knew, he was coughing due to the excessive spice of the curry.

"Are deva!" Meera uttered and made him drink water while she rubbed his back.
"Is this too spicy? I should have asked them to make it milder" Meera asked him after he had stopped coughing.
"Yeah it it spicy!" Dev muttered.
"Look at your ears!" Meera exclaimed.
"They're all red! Kiti najuk ahes tu!?"( you're such a delicate person) Meera had a good laugh with Dev.

2 pm
After they were done eating, Meera drove to her house.
"Have you ever had aamras?" Meera asked Dev.
"Nope, but I've seen it on Instagram. Proper marathi dish,isn't it?" Dev replied.
"Yepp, Aai has made Aamras today specially for you. She asked me to bring you along once we were done with lunch". Meera enthusiastically told him.
Dev was overwhelmed with the affection Meera's family had towards him.

"Woah!! Why are we waiting niche? Let's go up!" Dev ran up the stairs.
Meera's mother opened the door and greeted him with a pleasant smile.
Without any delay, Dev was served the Aamras.
"This.Is.Heaven" Dev said as he ate the Aamras with Meera and her mother fondly watching him.
"He's having it for the first time" Meera told her parents.

"It's made from Hapus Amba"( Alphonso Mango) Meera's Dad told Dev.
"We don't have this variety of mangoes in Bangalore. There we have only Badami( a variety of mango grown in Karnataka)"
"In Maharashtra, you'll find many types of mangos. Alphonso,Keshar, Rajapuri, Payari are all mangoes but with different tastes and colors.
Alphonso is sweet and orangish while Keshar is a bit on the sour side. Rajapuri is larger in size and more on the yellow side".
Dev listened with concentration as Meera's Dad told him about mangoes grown in maharashtra.

They rested for a while at her house and soon it was Chai time.
"4:30 - 5 in the evening is Chai time at my place too. But I'm not a Chai person" Dev casually informed.
"Whatttttt?!!!!" Meera shouted loudly.
"What happened?" Dev asked scared.
"You're not a Chai person?! Are you sure about that?" Meera asked him and Dev nodded.
"You're missing out on something exceptionally valuable and you'll regret it soon". Meera taunted him.
"She's a chai fanatic. She ateast drinks 4 cups of Chai everyday." Meera's Dad spoke in a calm voice.

"And that too with ginger." Meera interjected.
"Do not pay attention to such Chai psychopaths, Dev. She's just addicted and overeacts eveytime she discovers that someone she knows is a coffee person." Meera's Dad pacified Dev while Meera stuck out her tongue at her Dad.
Meera had her Chai in peace while Dev drank coffee with Meera giving him disapproving looks in between.

"Meera, jaycha adhi tyala Shrewsbury biscuits de".( Meera, before leaving give him the Shrewsbury biscuits).
"Ho ga, ajun ahot amhi kahi divas" ( yes mom, we're here for a few more days) Meera said.
"Shrewsbury is a very famous biscuits made in Pune by the Kayani bakery". Meera informed Dev.
"Take it for your family" she added.

6 pm.
Meera started the scooter with Dev behind her and drove through the windy climate of Pune.
Dev could feel Meera's hair flying all around his face but he surely didn't mind.

He had started loving the city for its culture,its authenticity and for its people. This city had given him Meera and he was duely thankful. It represented the Marathi culture and the warmth of the people here was welcoming. He was surprised as to how quickly Meera's parents warmed upto him and gave him the family vibes.
Their house was such a cosy place with a touch of modernity yet the vintage Pune building look.
If anyone asked him which his favorite city was after Bangalore, he would surely answer it as Pune.

"You might want to cover up as this place is crowded like crazy" Meera warned Dev as she parked her scooter.
Dev put on his cap and wrapped a cloth around his nose covering half of his face.

"Welcome to the busiest street of Pune, F.C.Road! It's a perfect blend of urban and vintage vibes."

"F.C.Road is named after the very famous Ferguson College which was started during the time of the British Empire and its one of the most prestigious educational institution." Meera added.
"Yeah, I've read about Ferguson College in some article". Dev affirmed.
"Yep, like if you are a student of Ferguson College, you get max ijjat from everyone. I'm an alumnus of Ferguson too!I was here for 11th and 12th".

They were walking on the street,through the crowd. Whenever they got caught up in midst of a wave of people, Dev would put a hand on Meera's back and guide her through the chaos.
Meera looked at Dev affectionately and couldn't really decipher as to how a person could be this sweet.
She was definitely lucky to have Dev in her life. He had always occupied a position in her heart and now she couldn't stop thinking of him.
Knowing him this closely made her heart warm and his hand on the small of her back made it feel surreal yet complete.

Dev found Meera looking at him and he could definitely see love in her eyes. She averted her gaze and kept walking.
"OMG the Meera Joshi!!???" Dev saw a girl squeal beside him.
"Oh God! Shriya!!??" Meera exclaimed with equal enthusiasm and hugged Shriya.
"It's been so long!!!" Both the girls said in unison.
"How are you ?" Meera asked.
"I'm good Mee, how you doin?"
On went their conversation with Dev nodding occasionally.

"Who was she?" Dev asked after Shriya went away.
"That was Shriya Gosavi, we were in the same school since 2nd standard".
"Achha,par kya chillayi woh! I swear mere eardrums fat gaye hai. Aisa friend ko dekh kar sirf ladkiyan hi chilla sakti hai". Dev said as he put a finger in his ear while Meera laughed.

Meera heard her phone ring. She excused herself sighting it as an important call.
Dev looked around and saw a stall selling jewelry.
He went closer to see if he'd find something for Chandni Di.
Was it meant to be? He questioned himself when he saw an impeccably beautiful pair of jhumkas that was literally tailor made for Meera.

Pehli nazar on seeing the jhumkas Meera's face came to his mind.
He had to get it for her!
Paying the shopkeeper, he kept those jhumkas safely in his pocket.

Meera joined Dev soon and he asked her to help him choose something for Chandni Di.
"We'll get her these bangles, they're very pretty and would look nice on her hand". Meera declared after searching through the stall.
"Par fit aayega kya?"
"Ha, Ha Di aur tumhara hath same size hai" Dev affirmed.
"Thike Dada ye wale pack karo".

For dinner, they went to Pune's famous Goodluck Cafe.
"This is Pune's most loved place. Kitne bhi naye restaurants, bars khul jaye par people will never forget Goodluck."
They found a place to sit after waiting for 15 minutes.
"This place is very old! It was established in 1935 and it's a must visit when in Pune. They serve the best Irani Chai and Bun Maska. But I already told you this, never mind".

Dev and Meera ordered Bun Maska Omelette and Dev agreed to try their Irani Chai because Meera threatened him that if he didn't try their Irani Chai, she'd abandon him and run away.

"It's actually good!" Dev exclaimed on sipping his Chai while Meera had a victorious smile on her face.
They also had the super famous Bun Maska and Dev was astonished with the amount of butter in it. Nevertheless he enjoyed it.
They concluded their meal by having the famous Caramel Pudding.
Dev definitely liked the vintage British style vibe of the Cafe. The place was constantly buzzing with people and he could see why the place was so important to Punekars.

After dinner, they went to a hilltop.
City lights made the view much more beautiful.

"I've always loved citylights" Dev said.
"In Bangalore, the night life is chaotic but the citylights somehow bring me peace".
Meera hummed in response and stood near Dev as they overlooked the city in all its glory.
Cool breeze made the moment too good to be true.
"Dev, you remember you asked me in the morning whom did I get the Ganpati Bappa for?"
Dev nodded.

"Time to answer." Meera pulled Dev beside her on the bench and took out the Ganpati Bappa Murti.
She took his palm and placed the murti on his hand.
"It's for you". She told him with a smile.

Dev was overwhelmed. God, this girl was driving him crazy.
"Think of it as something to remember me by when we won't be together". She looked at him with affection.
"Ganpati Bappa is said to be sukh karta and dukh harta, and I wish for you to be happy always!
No problem should ever bother you and even if it does, just send a quick heartfelt prayer to Ganpati Bappa and he'll solve it aise" She clicked her fingers.

"Why do you think we won't be together? I'm not going to leave you ever. Remember that." Dev reassured her.

"Ho but what about the times when we won't physically be around each other? But I'll always be there for you". Meera assured Dev in an emotional voice.
"And I'll always keep you close to me." he replied while tugging strands of hair behind her ear.
He loved the way her hair went wild with the wind but right now he wanted to keep looking at her face which twinkled in the night light.

He could keep looking at her forever.
One thing which Dev realized was that he was in love.
This definitely was love!
He wanted to kiss Meera right there and then but he sufficed with watching her engulf their arms together and lay her head on his shoulder.

"Kya dekh rahe ho?" Meera asked him.
"Tumhe" Dev replied honestly.
"Mujhe nahi aage dekho" Meera hit his arm in a playful way.
He leaned in his head too and they sat there admiring the citylights' beauty and thanking God for such little moments that made their relationship special.

_________________________________________

Such a special chapter!
I'm sooo proud of myself for this!

I think I did good justice to representing Pune. It's the city I spent my best days in and I'd always choose it over every other city.

I think Pune >>>>> New York.

Also, Dev is in loveeeee🥺🥺💕.

Everyone needs supportive parents like Meera's. They're gonna be great in laws.

Do y'all like the new story cover?

See ya soon!
Please do visit Pune!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

7.6K 552 16
Devdutt Padikkal A South Indian boy who is a cricketer. Loved by many especially girls. Introverted shy boy. ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••...
1.3M 51K 51
~Won in the Romance Category in Wattpad South Asia Awards 2021~ • Adira Singhania, 24 year old famous psychologist in Mumbai. Being completed her PhD...
3.7K 155 12
I practically love this trope so here are my stories as small 15-30 chapter shorts. You can wish for your favourite Cricketer or Celeb. I prefer cric...
4.1K 121 26
retrouvaille (n.) the joy of meeting or finding someone again after a long seperation; a rediscovery. ... Devdutt Padikkal, A girl magnet with the su...